Repeated server crashes

Options
TZoner - Raging Tide
TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Raging Tide is repeatedly crashing....i am being informed that people are getting mail with spend rewards in it so it may be related......whats going on PWE? You can't even give people rewards without forcing the server to crash? Get your **** together or switch us out of these crappy servers you have us on. So sick of it tbh.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TZoner - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Dreamweaver is down for me. I crashed a couple of times then it says the severs are all down. Nice maintance PWI, what did ya guys **** up now? *Eye roll*

PS I think we need an eye rolling emote, js
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    No crashes here but seen friends log off and on a lot... regional issue?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2014
    Options
    There were issues on Sanctuary last night. My catshop is still up and running and has been since maintenance, but there are times when I'll see 80% of my friends list suddenly pop offline. Trace to the server is clean, and they aren't in similar regions to be encountering that kind of a regional router problem. Looks entirely like it's a server-side issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    There were issues on Sanctuary last night. My catshop is still up and running and has been since maintenance, but there are times when I'll see 80% of my friends list suddenly pop offline. Trace to the server is clean, and they aren't in similar regions to be encountering that kind of a regional router problem. Looks entirely like it's a server-side issue.

I have to ask and i may be wrong completely but the servers use a few IPs. in this case is it possible that one of these IPs went down DCing eveyone on that connection. Thats the only way i can explain why one of my toon will DC and the other is just fine. If im in theroy correct then the Trace route will only check 1 of thoese IPs. And yer this is well beyond my guessing so i may be completely wrong...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    I have to ask and i may be wrong completely but the servers use a few IPs. in this case is it possible that one of these IPs went down DCing eveyone on that connection. Thats the only way i can explain why one of my toon will DC and the other is just fine. If im in theroy correct then the Trace route will only check 1 of thoese IPs. And yer this is well beyond my guessing so i may be completely wrong...
    Yes, that is possible.

I trace multiple IP's when I do run a trace though, and I have most of the available ones listed for each of the servers except Morai. What I'm seeing looks more like an internal handling error with data transferred internally between the individual hardware servers that support each game server. They've been known to send disconnect signals out to clients to "manage" internal bandwidth also, but I don't have the ability to track that for anyone but myself, and I'm not getting disconnected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yes, that is possible.

I trace multiple IP's when I do run a trace though, and I have most of the available ones listed for each of the servers except Morai. What I'm seeing looks more like an internal handling error with data transferred internally between the individual hardware servers that support each game server. They've been known to send disconnect signals out to clients to "manage" internal bandwidth also, but I don't have the ability to track that for anyone but myself, and I'm not getting disconnected.

Makes Sence i guess. Harsh but their has to be a way to manage the system with out overloading it. I should learn to use trace routes my self.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    TY Sylen and heero for that info.....still wonder if it is somehow related to the spend rewards but your help to the forums is very appreciated always.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    edited October 2014
    Options
    TY Sylen and heero for that info.....still wonder if it is somehow related to the spend rewards but your help to the forums is very appreciated always.

Well with the info above in mind if the GMs are getting the servers to deal with the spend rewards IE process the info its entirely possible that it is sending out Disconnects to deal with the workload.

Thanks, also its nice to see someone take in the info and say thanks.