Serenity Stones

Options
slapyourgrandma
slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
I was searching a few databases and came across this object, the Serenity Stone.
I always hear about people getting JOSDs, but not this one, which is +3 compared to +2. Do they exist or just not worth the effort?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/38155
Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
Post edited by slapyourgrandma on

Comments

• Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    they exist in every barb wet dream as long with 20 vit gems
  • xtoraah
    xtoraah Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    They were apparently tested and shortly after, removed entirely. You won't be seeing them, ever.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    They simply don't exist on THIS server, and I doubt they ever will for a long time. The serenity stones are completely broken and honestly would only further cause problems especially on a server like PW where gear differences are very extreme.

As for the vit stones, I simply see them as an alternative to poor/impatient players that can't afford jades/serenity stones(if they existed). JoSD's are the best stones you can have on any character period especially if you can afford full +12 amour and ornaments.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    They simply don't exist on THIS server, and I doubt they ever will for a long time. The serenity stones are completely broken and honestly would only further cause problems especially on a server like PW where gear differences are very extreme.

As for the vit stones, I simply see them as an alternative to poor/impatient players that can't afford jades/serenity stones(if they existed). JoSD's are the best stones you can have on any character period especially if you can afford full +12 amour and ornaments.

They are from the end game perspective yes.

However i think it is important to note the value per coin of JOSD. If you look at JOSD just as what they are (400-500m for 2 def level) they are already very expensive. Less cost efficient than +12, emperor, G16 NW amulet, S cards etc and should thus be the last thing you get.

If you look at the difference between vit stones (0,9% survivabilty each on a +12 barb) and JOSD (1,2% survivability) then their cost efficiency becomes retardedly low. And this is the way to consider them, When i calculate the effect efficiency of a G16 amulet i also count only the difference towards a G14 one.

Of course if you want the best of the best, yes you want JOSD.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    JoSD's are the best stones you can have on any character period.0

Not actually true! They are still the best for some classes but vit stones actually beat them for other classes. As gear quality increases vit becomes more valuable. Play around with Asterelle's shard calculator; the results may surprise you.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Not actually true! They are still the best for some classes but vit stones actually beat them for other classes. As gear quality increases vit becomes more valuable. Play around with Asterelle's shard calculator; the results may surprise you.

Lol...?

My post is directly related to end game PvP since as far as I am concerned PvE is irrelevant and you can get by with basically any gear(within reason) as long as the refines are good enough.... And no, honestly when it comes to survivability in PvP if you think Jades/Serenity stones are out beaten by other shards then show me, but I can almost guarantee you wont find anything better because really and truly there isn't anything else...

Speaking strictly PvP and survivability, Vit stones fall off eventually in comparison to Serenity stones or Jades. When you throw genie skills and character debuffs into the picture it makes vit stones nearly 100% irrelevant in terms of surviving. However, I will say yes def levels can also be debuffed by certain skills(very few) but when your def levels are pushing 120+ you're overall tankyness doesn't actually change by a large amount. But do keep in mind, virtually anyone regardless of their gear/refines/stones will die in mass PvP when a purge+amp+hf etc etc are thrown into the picture, but I can guarantee you 100% that person with the full jades will not be dying very easily in the grand scheme of things.Now if you want to talk damage, then this is easy, Deity Stone build or Devil Stones(if we had them), are the ultimate overall build gear wise to maximize your damage period.

Now you said this 'Not actually true! They are still the best for some classes but vit stones actually beat them for other classes. ' Tell me when in any case vit stones would actually be more viable for the survivability of an arcane for example in PvP or PvE, I look forward to your response because I thought about your post but nothing is coming to me. When you have full gear +12 s3 r9 not even including cards/spirit, your HP regardless of your class will peak 20k+.

So could you use vit stones? sure why not for some more life and small defensive gains(depending on your class), but you could also just drop a full bunch of jades and just boost you're already ridiculous survivability because of primal passives and your +12 gear. And I say this because again, the defensive gain you get from vit stones after a certain point is negligible.

The final thing I will add is that the main reason that Vit stones PvP wise are viable is because one they are 10x easier to attain than jades for the average player, but also one other important reason is because running into a bunch of maxed spirit/nuema/ S card/+12 jaded players is rare. So you wouldn't really have to worry about getting completely destroyed on a regular basis when you reach 'endgame'.

Anyway if I misunderstood you or anything feel free to correct me, I don't mind being corrected and learning new things. But I am only speaking from testing,observation and experience.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think that I should receive them free.

Why? You ask?

My cleric's name...

Literally came here just to add that. Carry on. LOL.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think that I should receive them free.

Why? You ask?

My cleric's name...

Literally came here just to add that. Carry on. LOL.

I saw your name in the mini box and was like 'well isn't that a coincidence'b:laugh.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I saw your name in the mini box and was like 'well isn't that a coincidence'b:laugh.

LMAO. b:chuckleb:laughb:victoryb:thanks
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Saw a barb in FSP last night with 62K hp. And his wrist wasn't full Vit stones, it was jade, and his R9 gear was mostly +12 But had his leggings and wrist +11. Lets say he took the Jades out of his wrist and put 4 Of the vit stones in there, and +12'd the 2 pieces that wasnt. That's like 71k Hp or more he would have. What can beat that. in his case, i think the vit stones are more valuable. He has Invoke to reduce damage. Is my observation anyway.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tell me when in any case vit stones would actually be more viable for the survivability of an arcane

I plugged my mystic's numbers into Asterelle's socket calculator. I set opponent's attack level to 120, which is an easy number to reach for a r999 character (I have 123).

First here is the unbuffed (purged) numbers. The numbers are pretty close for JoSD and Creation Stone, although Creation has a slight edge in pdef. This part is important because as a high geared mystic I usually only die if purged, and the purging character is usually an archer.

http://imgur.com/DEAc8lb

Now here's the numbers with level 10 barb, BM, cleric, and my self pdef buff. JoSD has the edge here.

http://imgur.com/P8eZAKA

Now what happens if I'm fighting someone with more than 120 attack levels? As attack levels rise, defense levels lose value. So here's someone with 150 attack levels, which full deity characters well exceed.

http://imgur.com/cx8X0wV

Now all in all the numbers are not significantly different between the two - you would do fine with either. But Creation stones are a hell of a lot cheaper than JoSD, and the smarter choice.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    EDIT: hold on links are broken let me fix that.

I plugged my mystic's numbers into Asterelle's socket calculator. I set opponent's attack level to 120, which is an easy number to reach for a r999 character (I have 123).

First here is the unbuffed (purged) numbers. The numbers are pretty close for JoSD and Creation Stone, although Creation has a slight edge in pdef. This part is important because as a high geared mystic I usually only die if purged, and the purging character is usually an archer.

Now here's the numbers with level 10 barb, BM, cleric, and my self pdef buff. JoSD has a slight edge here but not much.

Now what happens if I'm fighting someone with more than 120 attack levels? As attack levels rise, defense levels become trash. So here's someone with 150 attack levels, which full deity characters well exceed.

Now all in all the numbers are not significantly different between the two - you would do fine with either. But Creation stones are a hell of a lot cheaper than JoSD, and the smarter choice.

See here is the major flaw with a vit stone build, let's say you really did make a complete vit build or even partial vit stones mixed with jades. What if you run into the exact same scenario you just mentioned, someone with full deity stones.

Now let me take it a step further, what if you're fighting a sage sin with Chill of the deep+full deity stones, and your build is partial vit stones and jade mixed or even just full jades. Yes it's true that the fact the sins/enemy's attack levels out do yours but that is EXACTLY the reason why it's important to have those defense levels.

The bigger the gap in def levels/attack levels between you and your opponent the more deadly they become, and when you combine that with the fact that spirit also plays a huge role in your survivability it makes jades even more optimal for overall survivability. The more you can close that gap, your survivability goes up.

Now someone might say this 'then why is it when even an undergeared players uses a dew star their tankyness goes through the roof and they have terrible defense levels anyway'. This is a very fair and logical argument, but let's be realistic. Achieving that kind of defense under normal circumstances even fully buffed is virtually impossible(remember the apoth is scaling off your current stats) even with maxed out primal passives,the most I was ever able to get with a BM fully maxed out gear+12 full nuema portal set RAx2 was nearly 200k(could be even more if I switched some shards) but that's with phys marrow as well meaning my mdef obviously suffered).

That is just another reason vit stones CURRENTLY still don't out do jades in the grand scheme of things,keep in mind like I said before, all that defense/life is meaningless if your opponents attack levels AND spirit is much higher than yours which is why I will say again,when it comes to end game PvP if you want the highest survivability jades is the best way to go because it is covering all areas of your tankyness. When you are fully +12 maxed out gear and passives your base defense is high enough, all that is left is to close the attack/def level gap to reach your maximum potential.

If you want a basic example look at seekers, they don't even need to have their base defenses that high intially to be able to be tanky in PvP, because they are basically cancelling out virtually all their opponents attack levels(depending on their class and build). When a seeker has full jades/def level buffs/Def level rolls on ornaments and even a r8r def level wep they can easily push 140+ def levels,and when you combine that with maxed out gear not even a full deity sin with CoD can kill them effectively.

So yes I am also in agreement with you that def levels eventually fall off assuming your opponents attack levels are higher than yours, but do realize that your base defenses fall off MUCH MUCH sooner than your def levels because they can be easily debuffed to near 0 or 0 if you're a demon veno. So in other words, it no longer comes down to numbers vs numbers, it is also becomes situational, and when you throw that into the equation jades are still going to out do Vit stones for the simple reason that debuffs and purges are ultimately what gets you killed in 1v1/mass pvp when the terms are even. And the only thing that will really be keeping you even somewhat protected at endgame when your debuffed is your def levels.

However I will say this again, it doesn't matter whether your full jades or full vit stones, when you get purged/amped/paralyzed in group PvP and you have nothing to counter it, you're going to die.

Creation stones,Primal Vit stones,Savants etc etc are fantastic stones to have I have no disagreement there, but they only cover a small portion of your defenses and I think that is what some people don't realize.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

Now here's the numbers with level 10 barb, BM, cleric, and my self pdef buff. JoSD has the edge here.

Now what happens if I'm fighting someone with more than 120 attack levels? As attack levels rise, defense levels lose value. So here's someone with 150 attack levels, which full deity characters well exceed.

Damn people still use that thing. You're going to have to add in the primal passive as a "gear buff" now since that is a new built-in buff. That should actually decrease the value of vit gems a bit due to decreasing relative marginal value of defensive buffs.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options

Damn people still use that thing. You're going to have to add in the primal passive as a "gear buff" now since that is a new built-in buff. That should actually decrease the value of vit gems a bit due to decreasing relative marginal value of defensive buffs.

This is another point I actually was hoping someone would point out. Thank you.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Choosing JoSD/Vits simply depends on how many hits we can take before we fill our sockets

For example :
    - If 1 defense level helps reduce 20 damage, then 48 defense level will reduce 960 damage, if we can tank like 3 hits, that's like adding 960x3 hits = 2880 HP

-1 Vit on a caster other than veno will add 10hp and a bit of def/mdef, so full Creation Stones in 24 sockets will add 2880 HP, and a bit of reduction in damage taken from the def/mdef bonus from vit. The added HP alone also benefits from hp buff.

Now what if the character can take like 6 hits, that'd be 960x6= 5760 damage absorbed by JoSD while 2880 HP even with lv 10 HP buff will only add 3744 hp.

===

In CapnK's example, the unbuffed state / purged, JoSD wins on the Magic part but for the Physical part Creation Stone wins, because the p. defense is much lower, the character will tank less Physical hits and damage absorbed by JoSD can't keep up with the added HP from Vit Stones

The fully lv 10 buffed state, both pdef and mdef are quite close, and they help reduce great amount of damage per hit hence the character will be able to tank more hits, the damage absorbed by JoSD multiplied by x amount of hits taken exceeds the added HP from vit stones.

The last one where fighting someone with more than 120 attack levels, 150 to be exact, it's 25% more damage per hit, it'll also reduce the number of hits on the same target, so JoSD will tank less number of hits and the multiplier (x number of hits) is getting smaller.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Choosing JoSD/Vits simply depends on how many hits we can take before we fill our sockets

For example :
    - If 1 defense level helps reduce 20 damage, then 48 defense level will reduce 960 damage, if we can tank like 3 hits, that's like adding 960x3 hits = 2880 HP

-1 Vit on a caster other than veno will add 10hp and a bit of def/mdef, so full Creation Stones in 24 sockets will add 2880 HP, and a bit of reduction in damage taken from the def/mdef bonus from vit. The added HP alone also benefits from hp buff.

Now what if the character can take like 6 hits, that'd be 960x6= 5760 damage absorbed by JoSD while 2880 HP even with lv 10 HP buff will only add 3744 hp.

===

In CapnK's example, the unbuffed state / purged, JoSD wins on the Magic part but for the Physical part Creation Stone wins, because the p. defense is much lower, the character will tank less Physical hits and damage absorbed by JoSD can't keep up with the added HP from Vit Stones

The fully lv 10 buffed state, both pdef and mdef are quite close, and they help reduce great amount of damage per hit hence the character will be able to tank more hits, the damage absorbed by JoSD multiplied by x amount of hits taken exceeds the added HP from vit stones.

The last one where fighting someone with more than 120 attack levels, 150 to be exact, it's 25% more damage per hit, it'll also reduce the number of hits on the same target, so JoSD will tank less number of hits and the multiplier (x number of hits) is getting smaller.

What in the world...I don't even...

Capnk's examples don't even factor in primal defense mastery let alone spirit.
  • freygin
    edited October 2014
    Options
    What in the world...I don't even...

Capnk's examples don't even factor in primal defense mastery let alone spirit.

I don't even factor in primal defense mastery let alone spirit, exactly as Capnk's examples. b:chuckle

but if it factors in primal defense mastery, I just tried it and sure JoSD won vs. a 150 atk level opponent, but when I increased it to 160, creation stone won.

as for spirit, if it's taken into account as well, it'll only boost atk level and will leave JoSD behind even more, there is also Skill damage passive buff, which will also increase atk level.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't even factor in primal defense mastery let alone spirit, exactly as Capnk's examples. b:chuckle

but if it factors in primal defense mastery, I just tried it and sure JoSD won vs. a 150 atk level opponent, but when I increased it to 160, creation stone won.

as for spirit, if it's taken into account as well, it'll only boost atk level and will leave JoSD behind even more, there is also Skill damage passive buff, which will also increase atk level.

I don't think you understand how spirit works based on what you said lol...But anyway, unless someone is willing to go through the extensive testing I have with an actual character with maxed gear(aka Joe and maybe a few select others), I guess it's pointless for me to try and discuss it.

There is a reason why full deity sin,psys and archers can completely trash full vit stone builds(yet they are very squishy), there is a reason why full deity builds can still hurt full jaded builds(assuming we exclude the person is using a r8r weapon with def levels or a seeker for example).

If the gear/refines to defense ratio in PW was different then yes full vit builds would be superior. But because currently we just can't reach those ridiculous numbers even with full primal passives and +12 it just doesn't out do jades in he long run. And another big reason is because of how damage scales in this game especially if you include primal passives, quite frankly your base defenses just don't keep up and that's the devs fault.

Like I said try it yourself, when your full+12 pop a dew star and observe your defense and how much damage you take from players. I am sure you will realize your defense is extremely high and the damage you take is extremely low.But also remember that the defense your gaining from your dew star is scaling off your current stats, if we actually were able to attain that kind of defense naturally WITH THE CURRENT DAMAGE SCALING, there would be 0 reason to even get Jades end game. You could just fill your gear with vit stones and call it a day, but quite frankly the game is not designed that way, thus in my opinion that is why it is important to increase both sides of your defenses. That being your base defense with refines and mastery's, and your defense levels with buffs and stones especially because of the new spirit passive.

Now this will probably be my last post on this, but I will point out that I am not saying you should get jades because jades is the be all end all to surviving in PvP in the current meta. But what I am saying and I stand by this, is that full jade builds are superior to full vit builds. But because of the economy and purely the economy, you can make a full vit build and still do well, but just realize that the full jaded player has the advantage in PvP in the long run.

• freygin
    edited October 2014
    Options

I don't think you understand how spirit works based on what you said lol...But anyway, unless someone is willing to go through the extensive testing I have with an actual character with maxed gear(aka Joe and maybe a few select others), I guess it's pointless for me to try and discuss it.

I understand perfectly how spirit works, in fact I can even check what if I add 10, 20 30, 100, even 200 spirit in seconds how much more damage will I deal against a specific opponent even before I hit him using my own calculator, I can also see how much damage is reduced by per 1 def level, here is an example => x7Zv0rv.jpg

I use a Lv.0 weapon on the psy for narrowing damage range since psy can't cast skill barehanded. Somewhere in the equation, spirit and skill passive damage act as a multiplier that will boost Atk Level even more while Survival Index goes lower on JoSD and more favorable toward vit stones against opponent with much higher atk level.

To me you look like debating on JoSD vs Vit Stones while what I posted earlier isn't about that. I'm not gonna debate on how JoSD / Vit Stone fare in the battlefield or debate what you said because I agree in most situation JoSD wins and I agree with most of what you said. In the long run JoSD also save charm usage than vit stones since hp scale is lower.

Btw I don't play on PWI anymore, but I'm a PW player from another 'planet', maybe that's where the discussion went wrong. You're talking endgame, super endgame, while I see it from midgame and somewhat endgame environment

Also in real pvp battlefield survival index and all this math means nothing, new variables kick in and change wildly, factor in player skill, ping time, pot usage, charm tick, etc, how to mathematicize all that, there is no magic formula to calculate that b:chuckle
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I understand perfectly how spirit works, in fact I can even check what if I add 10, 20 30, 100, even 200 spirit in seconds how much more damage will I deal against a specific opponent even before I hit him using my own calculator, I can also see how much damage is reduced by per 1 def level, here is an example => x7Zv0rv.jpg

I use a Lv.0 weapon on the psy for narrowing damage range since psy can't cast skill barehanded. Somewhere in the equation, spirit and skill passive damage act as a multiplier that will boost Atk Level even more while Survival Index goes lower on JoSD and more favorable toward vit stones against opponent with much higher atk level.

To me you look like debating on JoSD vs Vit Stones while what I posted earlier isn't about that. I'm not gonna debate on how JoSD / Vit Stone fare in the battlefield or debate what you said because I agree in most situation JoSD wins and I agree with most of what you said. In the long run JoSD also save charm usage than vit stones since hp scale is lower.

Btw I don't play on PWI anymore, but I'm a PW player from another 'planet', maybe that's where the discussion went wrong. You're talking endgame, super endgame, while I see it from midgame and somewhat endgame environment

Also in real pvp battlefield survival index and all this math means nothing, new variables kick in and change wildly, factor in player skill, ping time, pot usage, charm tick, etc, how to mathematicize all that, there is no magic formula to calculate that b:chuckle

That is exactly why I said in an earlier post responding to Capnk that the vit vs jades debate doesn't all just come down to numbers which is why if you notice a lot of my posts on the issue were not something like 'Well I plugged in X number in a calculator and the results were x+b blah blah'. But I am sure you get the point, my post is coming from a full or 'super end game' point of view as you put it since that is where I PvP and like to experiment on a regular basis. I have only come back to this particular server(HT) just to finish my barbs gear since I am a little bored of my other server.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

That is exactly why I said in an earlier post responding to Capnk that the vit vs jades debate doesn't all just come down to numbers which is why if you notice a lot of my posts on the issue were not something like 'Well I plugged in X number in a calculator and the results were x+b blah blah'. But I am sure you get the point, my post is coming from a full or 'super end game' point of view as you put it since that is where I PvP and like to experiment on a regular basis. I have only come back to this particular server(HT) just to finish my barbs gear since I am a little bored of my other server.

How do you get coins for full Jod.
    Please buy me some for Christmax b:pleased

Getting Full Jades was not so hard last year but now they have become so expensive they not worth it anymore. Unless you cash shop a lot.

Merchanting is limited to the demand. Most you could make is 2 billion a month with "HUGE" budget.

Farming TT now sucks atleast in my server.
    Yeah you can farm 50-100 million in a day but will you sell those mats in a day? No it will take months. Most you can make from actually "Selling" TT farming is 100m-500m a month.

Botting you could make 4 billion a month with a huge bot army and multiple computers running 24 hours but this was before botting became the norm and most people started getting a "botting real estate spot"

So People that have full Jades either got them last year when the economy was not in a disaster or they cash it.
    or they had 10 to 20 alts botting 24 hours making 100m a day
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    How do you get coins for full Jod.
    Please buy me some for Christmax b:pleased

Getting Full Jades was not so hard last year but now they have become so expensive they not worth it anymore. Unless you cash shop a lot.

Merchanting is limited to the demand. Most you could make is 2 billion a month with "HUGE" budget.

Farming TT now sucks atleast in my server.
    Yeah you can farm 50-100 million in a day but will you sell those mats in a day? No it will take months. Most you can make from actually "Selling" TT farming is 100m-500m a month.

Botting you could make 4 billion a month with a huge bot army and multiple computers running 24 hours but this was before botting became the norm and most people started getting a "botting real estate spot"

So People that have full Jades either got them last year when the economy was not in a disaster or they cash it.
    or they had 10 to 20 alts botting 24 hours making 100m a day

The people who have jades or got jades now either got them when they were cheap or cash shopped them. Sure you can merchant them or get lucky but as of now unless you have a lot of coin from merching or cash shopping they are way out of reach. And quite frankly, unless PW does something to fix their economy(which I doubt they will any time soon especially with an expansion on the way), full jades might just become a dream build like warsoul weapons once were. Then again if they did that with warsoul weapons then who knows, shards might be the next thing on their list that they make easy to obtain while making something else even harder.

But like I said in an earlier post, it actually works out to the average players advantage because full jaded players are rare, so going full vit stones is actually the easiest second option without having to feel like you will always be getting destroyed in PvP due to not having the best shards possible.
  • freygin
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In Pwdatabase DoD can be made from these items :
    Mark of the Horselords (500)
    Blessing of Luck (500)
    Forged Principle (500)

What are those items ?
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Mark of the Horselords you get one of each time you buy the horse pack (forget the name of it). So it's just a small bonus for buying 500 packs. The NPC to exchange them is time-limited though, it might be gone already.
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

Actually +20 vit stones are always better then a JoSD gem. actual defense has more weight then a def lvl wich is based on how much def you have already - the opponants attack lvls. if those get implemented people won't be using jades anymore xD the same is true for a DoD (+1 def) shard vs a +10 vit shard. why no one uses the DoD shards by themselves unless they're upgrading to joSD.

currently we don't have the gears for either +3 def or +20 vit to be warented tho. pwcn has some i believe (not sure about the +3 shards) but they also have MUCH higher base stats on the gears. particularly favoring offense, therefore more def was nessisary.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kiymori, do you actually use math ?

I didnt read everything since i last left this thread for being to lazy to reply to you. Seems you posted a lot more since then. It was kind of clear to me from your first post that you only use what seems like logic on first sight, not actual math to check if you are correct.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Actually +20 vit stones are always better then a JoSD gem. actual defense has more weight then a def lvl wich is based on how much def you have already - the opponants attack lvls. if those get implemented people won't be using jades anymore xD the same is true for a DoD (+1 def) shard vs a +10 vit shard. why no one uses the DoD shards by themselves unless they're upgrading to joSD.

currently we don't have the gears for either +3 def or +20 vit to be warented tho. pwcn has some i believe (not sure about the +3 shards) but they also have MUCH higher base stats on the gears. particularly favoring offense, therefore more def was nessisary.

Let be clear on something since the certain people in this thread are either incapable of reading or have never experienced end game to even present a valid argument. I am not comparing +20 vit stones to jades, in fact I could be wrong( feel free to check and correct me I don't mind) butI don't think I ever specified in any of my posts which vit stone I was comparing a jades too, so maybe that's why people have been pulling random arguments and stone choices out of thin air to do their comparison. And if I was comparing a +20 vit stone to anything it wouldn't be a JoSD it would be a serenity stone. On top of all that, I can already say from experience I have experimented with both +2 Jade builds/+12-20 vit stone builds and +3 Serenity/devil stone builds in actual combat and not just with numbers on a calculator. So for those of you who were writing with the assumption I was comparing +2 def levels to +20 vit stones you may want to re think your posts.

Second, I also stated something very important that I think all of you missed except maybe BlackRose realized. The damage scaling on PWI is much higher than the actual defenses we get from gear, and because of the spirit passive and the way attack levels, it's one of the main reasons why a full deity build completely slices through a player regardless of their base defense unless they have high enough defense levels to counter it. I shouldn't even have to bring math into this for someone with enough experience to realize it's how the game was designed. Now that may make someone say, 'well doesn't that make your base defense even more important silly Kiymori?', it does but only to a certain point. Again due to the simple fact PW did the stupid thing of adding primal defense and ->SPIRIT<- to the game it changed a lot of the dynamics of how damage scaling works and how it effects players, it no longer just became about having high base defense, defense levels became more or less just as important if not more important assuming your enemy is a full deity build.

Thirdly I am also beginning to realize most of you attempting to counter my arguments seem to be operating under this false assumption that your base defense just scales into infinity and therefore that's why vit stones are better, that or all your arguments are assuming the players are fully buffed, which as far as I am concerned completely defeats the purpose of the comparison. Then again I haven't seen anyone show me yet what happens when it comes down to a full jades vs full +10/12 vit stone scenario where you are completely unbuffed using both arcane and a HA character.

Anyway again I will say this and I will wait for someone to show me proof why is it every single time you take or I take a full jaded/serenity stone vs a vit stone built character self buffed or unbuffed HA or Arcane and throw them into mass PvP or 1v1, the def level char ALWAYS has higher survivability. Since I am now talking from observation and experience feel free to say I am wrong but I haven't seen one person with full jades or used to be vit stone on a Pserver or a Regular server come forward once and say vit stones were more superior for surviving. In other words you can talk numbers all day long, but until you can say you have personally tested it and seen the actual difference then I feel anything else in invalid.

Don't forget one important thing also, this game has debuffs and if you want to talk survivability using examples I am using don't forget to include those. Since we all know purges,crits,gof crits and debuffs is actually what is necessary to kill people end game.

I would like to discuss PWCN but unfortunately I don't have a maxed geared character to compare the armor damage scaling differences on that server. But if it's just as BlackRose stated then sure I am willing to agree that vit stones would be more important since your base defenses would be crucial due to the scaling ratios. But on PW I have yet to see that.

So for those of you sitting on the sidelines at endgame with experience or think you know what you're talking about (you know who you are) whether it be on a normal server or pserver experimenting and PvPing on a regular basis, feel free to comment. But for those of you who are simply using UNREALISTIC examples to add to the jades/vs vit stone argument, you're wasting your time dreaming.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think people use vit stones because it gives both def and hp and they "were" cheaper not because of just def.

I remember when they were at 75 million and they seemed as a way better choice than JoD when DoD that were at 150+ million.
    Now vit stones cost 150m too and well they kinda lost their appeal too.

Now best choice is incomparable citrine shards.

With current prices both vit stones and Jod are not worth it at all.

The fact is only a few people are full JoD and few are full Vit stones.
    Most players just using incomparable or lower grade of shards.

Best choice is getting incomparable and wait for DoD or vit to go down in price.
    If both DoD and vit were under 100m they would be worth it again.

Why they not worth it anymore? Because of the price.
    Either you cash them or spend 2 years merchanting and farming to get full JoD.

and Spending 2 years of your life just for a virtual stones? Then pwi slaps you in the face with new gear upgrade and your gear gets outdated b:bye that most really hurt and that happened to a lot of people when R9r3 came especially to someone I know that sold their car just to invest "ALL" the money on their pwi character and it was not just any car it was a car worth 60,000$.
    That person quit game when NW update came.

Also someone told us in guild chat that now Jades are worthless in pvp because of of spirit stats?
    That a person with higher spirit can 1 shot a full Jaded players that have lower spirit than them.
    Is that true or just ignorant comment?
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I think people use vit stones because it gives both def and hp and they "were" cheaper not because of just def.

I remember when they were at 75 million and they seemed as a way better choice than JoD when DoD that were at 150+ million.
    Now vit stones cost 150m too and well they kinda lost their appeal too.

Now best choice is incomparable citrine shards.

With current prices both vit stones and Jod are not worth it at all.

The fact is only a few people are full JoD and few are full Vit stones.
    Most players just using incomparable or lower grade of shards.

Best choice is getting incomparable and wait for DoD or vit to go down in price.
    If both DoD and vit were under 100m they would be worth it again.

Why they not worth it anymore? Because of the price.
    Either you cash them or spend 2 years merchanting and farming to get full JoD.

and Spending 2 years of your life just for a virtual stones? Then pwi slaps you in the face with new gear upgrade and your gear gets outdated b:bye that most really hurt and that happened to a lot of people when R9r3 came especially to someone I know that sold their car just to invest "ALL" the money on their pwi character and it was not just any car it was a car worth 60,000$.
    That person quit game when NW update came.

Also someone told us in guild chat that now Jades are worthless in pvp because of of spirit stats?
    That a person with higher spirit can 1 shot a full Jaded players that have lower spirit than them.
    Is that true or just ignorant comment?

No this is true for the most part, however this only applies when the enemies spirit far exceeds your own. For example someone with lets say 975 spirit and all you have is like 100-200 spirit. Even if you're full jades or full vit stones it wont matter, despite your base defense or defense level it will be almost as though you are just an undergeared player if the gap is really that big. But the reverse is true, once the spirit difference in players is about 50-100, that's when the playing field levels more or less assuming that both players gear is on the same level.

Here's explanation from my friend Bezmor from our server who explains it briefly pretty well in the beginning of the video.
    Bezmor's Video

It's not that vit stones or jades aren't worth it in terms of spirit, but that when it comes to a situation where your spirit is much lower than your opponents the shard choice really wont matter in the grand scheme of things since you will be a 1-2 shot anyway. For example you can take two players with s3 nirv but one has 600+ spirit while the other has around 150-200. Even if their gear is moderately the same in terms of refines and shards the one with the higher spirit will be hitting the lower spirit char as though they out gear them majorly even if they don't.But you can thank PW for implementing spirit the way they did.

However in terms of the rest of your post I whole heatedly agree that the only reason most players don't have jades or seem to want to invalidate their superiority to the current vit stones is simply for the fact that they are just to expensive right now for even a light cash shopper to obtain. Even vit stones are slowly becoming overly expensive hence indirectly forcing the impatient players or the poor ones to stop at perfect shards or exclusive shards.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited October 2014
    Options
    the vit vs jades debate doesn't all just come down to numbers

Its a computer game not some esoteric philosophy. The game uses numbers to deceide when you are alive and dead. We can calculate all the numbers. Yes, it all does come down to numbers. Numbers provide facts, not open to biased experience and observation. Words on the other hand may have a lot of meaning for the person who says them, but for others they are just a bit of vague subjective information from a barely known source very open to bias, misinterpretation etc.

Everyone can calculate exactly for his toon the effect of any stone.
    As i said before. For my barb made +12 (it is +10, but easy enough to make +12 in the excel file) A vit stone gives 0.9% survivability and a JOSD 1.2%.
    I dont see the need for any more words when i got such numbers. Yes JOSD are better, but for me the fact that 0.9% costs 100m and the added 0.3% of JOSD costs an added 400m is a decent reason to stay with vits. That is not something we need to debate. That is a subjective choise. I do not want to afford those extra 400m, you do. Simple.

Crits, zekrs, hfs, amps etc make no difference to this equasion. Pdef/mdef debuffs do a tiny little bit but thats very much negligible. (yes i tried it, by debuffing myself to near 0 pdef/mdef i got to 0.8% for the vit stone) If you have any other aspects you think i am forgetting about, please state them clearly and preferably add numbers instead of just adding a lot of words together and think you made a point.

At the same time, if anyone is going to argue that on some end game toons vits are better than JOSD. Please specify that end game toon and add numbers so that we can verify it.
    (I have in the past calculated a bit for other toons and it did seem indeed that josd are best on everything i tested. Of course it is entirely possible that someone found an exception, so feel free to prove that if you did)