Where does this new race fit?

Fail_BM - Raging Tide
Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Thinking about it, most things are based on the five races we have right now. We have:
- 5 genie elements
- 5 gateways at morai
- 5 gates at primal world
- 10 spots for trainers (2 per race)

When I saw EG came out I thought it was the last race because, if you notice, our 5 elements are also based on our races.

-Humans fit fire, only race with fire attacks (BMs have Drake's Breath Bash if you're asking where is their fire skill).

-Winged elves fit metal, clerics cannot be more metal, archers have some metal skills.

-Untamed are wood, veno's main element is wood, barbs have Poison Fang.

-Tiderborn are water, psys use water attacks and for some reason earth too, sins have Condensed Thorn.

-Earthguard are earth, but it is messed up. Earthguards do not have earth based skills.

Now, I wonder what is the purpose of this class, because I feel like it was something PWE didn't plan ahead and it is about to change the way we see casters and melees.
Post edited by Fail_BM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• sondok
    sondok Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I want to say the magic class is angelic and the physical class is demonic. Or maybe that's just looks based.
    lvl 101 ea from Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thinking about it, most things are based on the five races we have right now. We have:
    - 5 genie elements
    - 5 gateways at morai

When I saw EG came out I thought it was the last race because, if you notice, our 5 elements are also based on our races.

-Humans fit fire, only race with fire attacks (BMs have Drake's Breath Bash if you're asking where is their fire skill).

-Winged elves fit metal, clerics cannot be more metal, archers have some metal skills.

-Tiderborn are water, psys use water attacks and for some reason earth too, sins have Condensed Thorn.

-Earthguard are earth, but it is messed up. Earthguards do not have earth based skills.

Now, I wonder what is the purpose of this class, because I feel like it was something PWE didn't plan ahead and it is about to change the way we see casters and melees.

The purpose lol?

Um....To prolong the games life span and make more money what else? It's not as though PW has to 'plan' anything out or make sure it 'makes sense'. As long as the new class fits in the game somewhere and people are willing to pay it will be done plain and simple.

But if you want to be technical, they could fall under the category of celestial sages/demons for the sake of the lols. So in other words the element doesn't matter it's just their origin that counts.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The purpose lol?

Um....To prolong the games life span and make more money what else? It's not as though PW has to 'plan' anything out or make sure it 'makes sense'. As long as the new class fits in the game somewhere and people are willing to pay it will be done plain and simple.

This guy....

Anyway, we won't know what their place in this world is (or if they're even OF this world) till we can see their story unfold first hand. Time's already proven to be unstable (see: O'Malley, OHT shenanigans with the Chrono Wheel, Morai's Undying Dial, ect) and a certain NPC even said that the barrier between this world and others is pretty thin and easy enough to have otherworldly things slip through. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not from PW but arrived here on that fancy airship of theirs. Hell, they could even be from an alternate timeline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    This guy....

Anyway, we won't know what their place in this world is (or if they're even OF this world) till we can see their story unfold first hand. Time's already proven to be unstable (see: O'Malley, OHT shenanigans with the Chrono Wheel, Morai's Undying Dial, ect) and a certain NPC even said that the barrier between this world and others is pretty thin and easy enough to have otherworldly things slip through. With that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not from PW but arrived here on that fancy airship of theirs. Hell, they could even be from an alternate timeline.

What? I am just pointing out the reality of the situation.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The elements have never been clear cut across classes. Archer have fire buff, wiz use earth attacks are just some that you may have missed.

Before tb and eg we didn't have those trainers, they added them in. I'm sure other stuff will be added in as well for new classes.
    edited October 2014

What? I am just point out the reality of the situation.

PWE logic doesn't really apply to their literal place in-game (storywise/lore and actual placement in the areas the OP spoke of). We'll know of that stuff either way, and its not like its impossible for 'em to move NPCs around I suppose.

But if you want to be technical, they could fall under the category of celestial sages/demons for the sake of the lols. So in other words the element doesn't matter it's just their origin that counts.

The paths of a Sage/Demon are principles to be followed instead of an elemental affinity (acquiring Enlightenment by suppressing and forgoing personal desires or pursuing your desires for the sake of self-empowerment, forgoing all else).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    PWE logic doesn't really apply to their literal place in-game (storywise/lore and actual placement in the areas the OP spoke of)

The paths of a Sage/Demon are principles to be followed instead of an elemental affinity (acquiring Enlightenment by suppressing and forgoing personal desires or pursuing your desires for the sake of self-empowerment, forgoing all else).

I'm aware it doesn't apply to their literal place in game(that shouldn't even have to be said to be honest). I made the statement purely out of humor and to also generalize PW's typical strategy.

And as for the rest of your post, I am simply using it as an example. For example we have sage/demon skills which in the most basic sense are simply 'skill upgrades'. But if you wanted to be extremely anal about it you COULD, use it as a potential lore/back story for the origins of a race. After all the Celestial sages/demons have been around for a long time, and I can't see why the idea wouldn't work.

But again, I am strictly using it as an example, I am not saying that is the story I would personally use for their lore. On top of that, I am also trying to point out that the races DON'T HAVE TO BE designed with their STORY being purely based on elemental affinity. As far as I am concerned elemental affinity is simply part of the game and a traditional model applied to character design and can be applied almost anywhere.

It's like me designing a race that spawned from 'darkness' or 'human nightmares' and is purely evil as their back story, but all their skills are fire based. Since this particular game has the basic elements, that is what most designers will stick to to avoid future problems and additional work. After all, if they really wanted to they could just toss in a whole new element like 'Light' or 'Darkness' like other RPG games and call it a day. But that's more time and money that PW probably doesn't want to spend.
    edited October 2014

I'm aware it doesn't apply to their literal place in game(that shouldn't even have to be said to be honest). I made the statement purely out of humor and to also generalize PW's typical strategy.

Its hard to tell exactly what is a joke and what isn't with the general cynicism that hangs about the place......
    And as for the rest of your post, I am simply using it as an example. For example we have sage/demon skills which in the most basic sense are simply 'skill upgrades'. But if you wanted to be extremely anal about it you COULD, use it as a potential lore/back story for the origins of a race. After all the Celestial sages/demons have been around for a long time, and I can't see why the idea wouldn't work.

Use the Lv 11 skills as lore? Hmm....personally I always considered the difference between the two as the result of the different perspectives both paths offer when it comes to acquiring strength. We just have to find/buy skillbooks because muh game logic lol As for the Lothranis/Momaganon residents, you're quirte right; they have been present for quite some time (long enough to have mostly "tamed" the areas they reside in anyway). There does exist a possibility of a race emerging from their lands as its unique territory, but you never really mentioned that possibility...b:laugh
    But again, I am strictly using it as an example, I am not saying that is the story I would personally use for their lore. On top of that, I am also trying to point out that the races DON'T HAVE TO BE designed with their STORY being purely based on elemental affinity. As far as I am concerned elemental affinity is simply part of the game and a traditional model applied to character design and can be applied almost anywhere.

I did imply before that they don't necessarily have to be associated with the others in any way (having possibly ventured from another timeline or traversing space or w/e), so I agree with you there. The only one who spoke specifically of them belonging to an Elemental Affinity was the OP (I said that Sage/Demon don't fit in with the idea of affinity since they're principles). I just didn't agree with the premise of them having to do with the two differing lifestyles that is the Sage/Demon that we know of.
    Especially when they'll also get the option to become Demons/Sages too.

It's like me designing a race that spawned from 'darkness' or 'human nightmares' and is purely evil as their back story, but all their skills are fire based.[ Since this particular game has the basic elements, that is what most designers will stick to to avoid future problems and additional work. After all, if they really wanted to they could just toss in a whole new element like 'Light' or 'Darkness' like other RPG games and call it a day

They could do that, and another race emerging from something like that is a fair example. I'm just saying that a Celestial is essentially the same as the other races with the main difference being their way of living and their strength reflecting this.....a "new race" being a derivative of such entities seem pretty unlikely, but one emerging from their realm, another world/time, or or other abstract stuff like your example above seems far more likely.

I'm basically fussing over small technicalities b:laugh
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    PWE doesn't plan anything, to begin with, it only translates stuff they get from China and installs it on these servers.

Probably there is no special purpose for this race. We have a lot of classes without purpose which are easily replaceable - like mages (just dd), archers (just dd, unless purge is needed, but not every archer is supposed to have it), psychics (just dd, unless purify is needed, but not every psychic is supposed to be sage to have it), seekers (debuffs are good but without them bosses are not invincible as well), sins (just dd), mystics (if there is a cleric in squad). It doesn't mean they are useless. Nowadays any class can be replaced in any dungeon and most of them can be soloed, but some classes are needed more because of their special abilities which aren't duplicated by another, and some less, depending on the squad average gear/refines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    edited October 2014
    Its hard to tell exactly what is a joke and what isn't with the general cynicism that hangs about the place......

Use the Lv 11 skills as lore? Hmm....personally I always considered the difference between the two as the result of the different perspectives both paths offer when it comes to acquiring strength. We just have to find/buy skillbooks because muh game logic lol As for the Lothranis/Momaganon residents, you're quirte right; they have been present for quite some time (long enough to have mostly "tamed" the areas they reside in anyway). There does exist a possibility of a race emerging from their lands as its unique territory, but you never really mentioned that possibility...b:laugh

No lol.....

I did imply before that they don't necessarily have to be associated with the others in any way (having possibly ventured from another timeline or traversing space or w/e), so I agree with you there. The only one who spoke specifically of them belonging to an Elemental Affinity was the OP (I said that Sage/Demon don't fit in with the idea of affinity since they're principles). I just didn't agree with the premise of them having to do with the two differing lifestyles that is the Sage/Demon that we know of.
    Especially when they'll also get the option to become Demons/Sages too.

They could do that, and another race emerging from something like that is a fair example. I'm just saying that a Celestial is essentially the same as the other races with the main difference being their way of living and their strength reflecting this.....a "new race" being a derivative of such entities seem pretty unlikely, but one emerging from their realm, another world/time, or or other abstract stuff like your example above seems far more likely.

I'm basically fussing over small technicalities b:laugh

Indeed b:shutup

zzzzzzzzzzz
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The only thing I have to add is that Untamed are aligned with Earth and Earthguard with Wood.

In one quest where they talk about the old war between the races they mentioned the Humans had some forbidden fire doomsday spell, untamed had one based upon earth etc.

Untamed area is a canyon, stony, barren, earthy There are only a few trees in the whole area really.

Earthguard is a jungle, plants everywhere and Mystics have almost entirely wood skills etc.

I have to imagine that in Chinese "Earthguard" has much less of a literal "Earth" connotation.

I too wondered if they would go through the trouble of turning Kirin Town into a hex based layout instead of the pentagonal one we have now. Probably not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Before tb and eg we didn't have those trainers, they added them in. I'm sure other stuff will be added in as well for new classes.

As for the trainers, there will be no more trainers. All the trainers are removed from all cities and Archo too. The skills will be learnt in a different way. Press R button and learn everything you can, but you cannot learn while you are in instances, flying or in attack mode.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They're the chosen ones clearly.
  • Kuroimist - Archosaur
    Kuroimist - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    - 5 genie elements
    - 5 gateways at morai

Flaws everywhere.
    Most classes have 2 ELEMENTS.

About new class elements, its been already referred on the posts about new class.
    Their place in the PW: wait and see. Speculation will just be as that.
    And also this:
    As for the trainers, there will be no more trainers. All the trainers are removed from all cities and Archo too. The skills will be learnt in a different way. Press R button and learn everything you can, but you cannot learn while you are in instances, flying or in attack mode.
    Since there seem to be npc changes you can't really tell what is gona happen or what going to be implemented on our version from CN version.

~sigh~
    Too lazy to make a signature!
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They removed the trainers and introduced a new way to learn skills, so... (I'll miss them tbh)

They can always add a new gate to Primal World and Morai and I'm not sure if it's necessary.

At the moment, we don't know their origin, I can tell that they have ties with the Moon and dragons and death but that's it.

Lol, maybe they are coming from that mysterious planet that we can see from Raging Tides/Tellus.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They'll probably add an extra floating piece of land and a building in Morai/Primal respectively. Seeing as they copy&paste a lot of stuff, I can imagine it's not hard to duplicate a piece of floating land, add some blue plants and sparkles..and done! The Primal one will probably need its own unique design though.

Trainers are most likely gone because of the changes on how we learnt skills...but I wonder if the Sage/Demon ones remain or not.

As far as the new race goes, Tideborn and Earthguard don't fit the lore completely either but this happens a lot in franchises that add new elements later on and they have to retcon stuff afterwards. They seem to be more of a moon related race though. Maybe they are just a race from another dimension/timeline that accidentally entered ours (like someone else said we have a lot of time and parallel worlds shenanigans already) or they are aliens from the moon.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The new classes represent heaven and helllllllllllllllll!✴
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    They removed the trainers and introduced a new way to learn skills, so... (I'll miss them tbh)

They can always add a new gate to Primal World and Morai and I'm not sure if it's necessary.

At the moment, we don't know their origin, I can tell that they have ties with the Moon and dragons and death but that's it.

Lol, maybe they are coming from that mysterious planet that we can see from Raging Tides/Tellus.

Where is this planet? I cannot see it D;
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Ooh, I like that idea too!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As for Earthguard, they only remind me of the Pet Shop of Horrors manga/anime which I used to be a fan of back in the days. At least in the manga, they explain the main character Count D, that comes from China and belongs to a race almost totally eliminated by humans, and this race sounds a lot like EG (keepers of nature or so). Just wonder if this race had a mythological background or was just the author's fantasy...
  • Toriell - Sanctuary
    Toriell - Sanctuary Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since there seem to be npc changes you can't really tell what is gona happen or what going to be implemented on our version from CN version.

~sigh~

As far as I can see for now some NPCs are missing others are changed and quests are merged a bit. For example the quest from Plume elder about a tiger is merged with the one called Cold Reaper and it is a lot easier now.
    And the emissaries of light, shadow and void don't have available quests.
    Though you are right we cannot know what will stay the same for PWI.
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hope they include the new skill upgrade system
    faster to upgrade ur skills right when u can rather than going to the trainer each time
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the new race are aliens from the Moon. Makes way too much sense. They even have a spaceship.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Earthguards are said to be reincarnations of all other races, and technically not a race by themselves, so they're the ones that don't fit into the "element per race" thing... However, I don't think races were ever meant to correspond to elements.

It's been floating around the forums that there were plans for 5 major cities the size of Archosaur. It would have been these cities that matched to each element. Those plans totally unravelled, but BUT we can still have some fun making guesses, assuming that at least some of what's being added right now pulls from original plans.

There was a quest that talked about some doomsday spell that elders of different races guarded. Humans had Fire (while others had spells unrelated to elements) and since majority of Arch's NPCs are human, I think Arch was meant to be the city that corresponded to the fire element.

I will assume that Arch, being first and main city would have been in the center, and the other 4 cities would have been evenly spaced around it.

The FC questline indicates that Frostcover City used to be the size of Arch, if not bigger. It was destroyed when its elders unleashed their ice spell. So that could have been our "water" city to the northwest of arch.

The new race appears with a city floating in the air, which does appear to be significantly sized on the maps we've seen. It might correspond well to air (metal), and dominates the northeast area of the map.

That leaves southeast, which corresponds to the blacked off area of the map to the east of DWP. Nightscream island is supposed to be there, and it's a tropical island, so if there were a major city somewhere over there, it probably would have been Wood.

Which means southwest would have been Earth, which goes inline with how rocky that whole corner of the map looks.

I am ignoring the EG and TB additions because these areas didn't seem to be in the original plans. For comparison, the islands on the east side of the map and the whole west edge of the map were there from the beginning, modeled and usable, just blocked off.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, it is a question I wondered about since I heard of the expansion. It's nice that we can discuss about it.

It's important to note that the 5 elements is also featured in the bases... I still cannot understand why Humans would obtain Ethersteel... maybe it's something obtained from the earth, molded with fire and cooled down with water?

Tellus wood would mean the Earthguards are more liked to Wood and the Untamed getting Lost Sand could probably link them to Earth. Sadly nothing seems fully logical, though.

The new race being linked to the moon could tie them more to the shadows, hence their appearance. Maybe someday we will get a race linked to the light...?
    On this I also had wondered as soon as the Sirens of War expansion appeared, why would there be a faction of light and one of darkness, since both don't have proper elements/races in the game?

Be well! b:bye
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think its suppose to fit with the PWI lore if anyone ever cared to read IT and the LOGS from some of the QUESTS in pwi. b:surrender

pw isnt exactly based on elemental = races like other US based games.

These new class seem to be the descendents of the handful of mixed people (in the below alliance) that couldnt get rescued during the time of chaos aprox. 100 years before the fall of twilight city which around the time was also when all the races came to acknowledge each other and formed some sort of all-race alliance. (hence the circle of statues in the beginning beta area that some of us saw) These descendents eventually lived to intermingled with the demons/mobs/death/wtf in the forest area resulting in their current transformation form

(The five emperors age was a good 3000 years after, in comparison)
    4000 years after it seems whatever power that kept them from contacting with the outside world, diminished and here they come.

my guess is they prolly have a little bit of blood of each race >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    snip

Such a good read! Tbh, I'm really into storylines, lore and worldbuilding.

But IIRC Arch was suppose to be the Earth City, but as you said, they scrapped the idea, so maybe it's why it looks like an urban metropolis, rather than an earth-themed city.

I didn't know that Frostcovered City was a liveable city once! Whoah :o

Most of the NPCs are human because it's said they are the most populous race in PW and mostly are merchants and diplomats (heck, even 4 empresses are all human)

I'm getting curious about these racial doomsday spells. Do you know where can I find this quest or see the whole storyline?

On elements:

It's never said or implied that each race was supposed to represent a certain element, that would be fine if they did but apparently they aren't. (I guess it's because genies are elemental babies from an another dimension so they fill the blank)

Someone should make a thread about PW's lore where we can read the whole story (ofc, that would be impossible to put all storyline quests, just historical and important parts would work I guess)b:surrender

@Annoying

Sorry, I can't take screenshots atm but you can always see what I'm talking about. You just need to visit either Tellus or Raging Tides during night. You'll see the regular moon and some other moon/planet on the other side. There were even threads about it, people were confused when they first visited Raging Tides.

Dunno why but you can only see this "mysterious second moon" from the new races' capitals; ie Tellus, Raging Tides and that new floating city.
  • sondok
    sondok Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    That would be cool if someone put the story together. The HH time travel part would be interesting too because I kinda of glazed over that.
    lvl 101 ea from Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dakwa1
    dakwa1 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Game designers can do as theyplease with these games. Most of the time it works, sometimes it struggles to work, but it does in the end. And sopmetimes it does not work. WOW brought in two classes, one crash lended and you started out from their wreckage. In the story they adapted there, then the game brought them in. THe second was a race of mythical Elves, that showed back up in the world, the Blood elves, (which my best toon was when I played).
    So it is up to these designers how they will bring these new races in. Hopefully they thought it through, and designed them good, because it can make a game interesting to have the occational new race.
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Guess some people seem to ignore the fact that the 5 elements in game are the Wu Xing. Not related to the races at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming