Where does this new race fit?

2»

Comments

• iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I mostly want to know why this new race won't be fully customizable since the videos I've seen so far give that impression. b:sad
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sondok wrote: »
    That would be cool if someone put the story together. The HH time travel part would be interesting too because I kinda of glazed over that.

For someone to put all the story together needs a lot of time and effort. Someone has to be able to sacrifice a lot of time to make a class of every 5 races( that are now in game) and do all their quests in their starting area, reading all the stuff npc are saying when you take the quest and take notes. Then they should dedicate time to a single class and do all quest lines from 21( thats the lvl when all races are send to archosaur) till 100 reading and taking notes. And most important of these quests are Spiritual Cultivation Quests, Wraits Ploy( the quest to get key to go in OHT) , The quests inside OHT, The twilight temple quests, including all quests inside TT. All the quest lines to open the other OHT maps( even if that is not needed anymore for spiritual cultivation).
    But I dont see someone doing this. Most ppl take the quests without reading all that NPC are saying. All want to go fast to 100+, get awesome gear, then just doing dailies and for the rest of time complaing they are bored.
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    For someone to put all the story together needs a lot of time and effort. Someone has to be able to sacrifice a lot of time to make a class of every 5 races( that are now in game) and do all their quests in their starting area, reading all the stuff npc are saying when you take the quest and take notes. Then they should dedicate time to a single class and do all quest lines from 21( thats the lvl when all races are send to archosaur) till 100 reading and taking notes. And most important of these quests are Spiritual Cultivation Quests, Wraits Ploy( the quest to get key to go in OHT) , The quests inside OHT, The twilight temple quests, including all quests inside TT. All the quest lines to open the other OHT maps( even if that is not needed anymore for spiritual cultivation).
    But I dont see someone doing this. Most ppl take the quests without reading all that NPC are saying. All want to go fast to 100+, get awesome gear, then just doing dailies and for the rest of time complaing they are bored.

Someone already did this a looooooooooooong time ago. The topic's probably buried somewhere in the forums though and I have no desire to try and find it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Someone already did this a looooooooooooong time ago. The topic's probably buried somewhere in the forums though and I have no desire to try and find it.

Kossy, do you at least remember what the title of the thread was, the name of the player that wrote it, or even what section of the forums it was in? For almost a month now I've been trying to find perfect world lore to add to the wiki for the individual races since all we have posted on there so far is a rough background of the all of Perfect World itself and Twilight Temple. I tried searching for it myself when I saw you had posted this but closest I came up with was this.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=466422&highlight=lore

And that's only for the when the tideborn expansion came out.

Other searching over a month has lead me to this link as well.

http://perfectworldinternational.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Perfect_World

But I can't find anything in-depth for the individual sections I want to write up. Worst case is I start playing again, go through all the races reading them myself or I start translating China's, but I'd rather not cause when I tried to the lore seemed so different.......
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/newplayer/begin/20091027/36462.shtml
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    I wish I could remember exactly where the big compilation was posted (which is the main reason I have no desire to search for it). I do know smaller summaries were in Off-Topic, Fanatics, and even General at some point... but it's been ages and I don't remember enough of the details to do a real search for it. Just that it was an impressive post that went over what was all of the lore at the time. Was a great read and now I kinda wish I did remember or bookmark it so I could have given you a link. :/
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I wish I could remember exactly where the big compilation was posted (which is the main reason I have no desire to search for it). I do know smaller summaries were in Off-Topic, Fanatics, and even General at some point... but it's been ages and I don't remember enough of the details to do a real search for it. Just that it was an impressive post that went over what was all of the lore at the time. Was a great read and now I kinda wish I did remember or bookmark it so I could have given you a link. :/

http://perfectworldinternational.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Perfect_World <this?
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014

Nope. An actual forum post with the backstory in it. It included things like the history of the Twilight Empire, chrono stuff, and so on as well as general lore.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Ah, thats ok Kossy, I'll just go dig through them again and see if I can't find it. At least I can narrow it down to a few sections now. I'm guessing it was written before 2010 so I'll check for dates before that. Thanks though!

If I find it I'll post a link for you to bookmark later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ... the history of the Twilight Empire...

Only thing I can think of about it is this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Haven't read all this thread, just a few parts of it, so... lemme go off-topic for a bit:

So if the skill master NPCs were trully removed on this expansion, that would mean no more coin costs for upgrading our skils, right?
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    Haven't read all this thread, just a few parts of it, so... lemme go off-topic for a bit:

So if the skill master NPCs were trully removed on this expansion, that would mean no more coin costs for upgrading our skils, right?

No, you will have to pay for you skills, you just don't have to visit a NPC anymore.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    sondok wrote: »
    That would be cool if someone put the story together. The HH time travel part would be interesting too because I kinda of glazed over that.
    one day id like to do that lol they added sooooooooooo much info and that ****s scattered all about on the game now that you wont get the whole story just by the web summaries anymore >.>;;;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I was actually looking for information on specific quest text a couple of years ago. Where was this? QQ

This game has a lot of interesting stories in it, but the problem is that because of how spaced out the quests are, it's really easy to miss connections between them. Having some sort of record would be nice.

It's a lot of work, but like with wiki, it can be compiled through a group effort. Personally I would love to see this happen and would participate.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to miss the skill trainer NPCs

I used to have this buildup of nerd-arousal(nerdrousal) when traveling to hell to learn new demon skills. I guess this was helped by the fact that I rode my mount everywhere.
    Nearly creamed my pants on the way to learn demon QS b:dirty

It is sad that future players will not have this moment to also cream their pants in nerdticipation for new skills, but I guess the convenience is nice.

also, IMO none of the new classes fit -.-
    This goes for the fish, the mole people, and the upcoming fairy people. Even if they did find a way to squeeze into the lore, they are poorly designed and upset the class dynamics, namely the TB(whose introduction propelled pw into the Dark Ages). I think how they actually affect the game, rather than how they fit into lore, is a more fitting judgement of how they fit into the game.
    Note: this is coming from my archer POV. We kind of just sit on the sidelines and hope we don't get skrewed while PW Devs play with the Melee physical/ Arcane power balance; forgetting that a squishy, range/mobility-reliant physical class exists.
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to miss the skill trainer NPCs

I used to have this buildup of nerd-arousal(nerdrousal) when traveling to hell to learn new demon skills. I guess this was helped by the fact that I rode my mount everywhere.
    Nearly creamed my pants on the way to learn demon QS b:dirty

It is sad that future players will not have this moment to also cream their pants in nerdticipation for new skills, but I guess the convenience is nice.

also, IMO none of the new classes fit -.-
    This goes for the fish, the mole people, and the upcoming fairy people. Even if they did find a way to squeeze into the lore, they are poorly designed and upset the class dynamics, namely the TB(whose introduction propelled pw into the Dark Ages). I think how they actually affect the game, rather than how they fit into lore, is a more fitting judgement of how they fit into the game.
    Note: this is coming from my archer POV. We kind of just sit on the sidelines and hope we don't get skrewed while PW Devs play with the Melee physical/ Arcane power balance; forgetting that a squishy, range/mobility-reliant physical class exists.

llook on the brightside they have more rice themed items
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • nanbo554
    nanbo554 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Shadow is a stunner. It is purely to troll the hell out of you in PvP. Every single move stuns or has a timer to be stunned, so you pop off 1 "stun in 3 seconds," followed by 3 1 second stuns...and poof! **** off people deluxe! In addition to stuns, the class has paralyze. The only way to get out of this DDer's grip is going to be 2 special items I saw some one link me today: "Movement debuffs such as stun and paralyze do not effect you".

The Moon Fairy plays with balls. All metal based damage she produces elemental balls. Ice and Lightnging balls to be exact. The more you have the more you ticks you get to trigger other spells.

So, trolls and ball fondlers...Fits right in here. nuff said. b:bye
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am still bummed that the caster only gets metal and water spells. When I was reading the descriptions, I was pretty much expecting a fire path, so that we would get a traditional Fire/Ice/Lightning caster. That would make fire no longer exclusive to wizards and, hell, I would possibly switch mains in that case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.