Time for some new Blood?

2»

Comments

• OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, I know I do not post often, hardly at all, honestly, but I troll these forums frequently and I've been playing PWI since 2009. However, more and more I am seeing people quick to jump down the throats of someone who asks a question, rather then taking a second to just answer it. WHO THE BLEEP CARES if it's been answered.

I've came back off and on as the game went into its lulls. There are updates, expansions and honestly, a lot of the information changes radically.

So often, the information we find - might necessitate a question or two.. and you can't do that there, because it then necros an old post.

It's a tough call. Do you necro an old post to ask for clarification or check to be sure the information is still accurate or do you get yelled at to "GOOGLE IT!" > which generally will take hours to find any information that is under two years of age or... and often turned out to be bits and pieces of what you need to know.... or as I often find >> posts on a PW p.server which is not relevant at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've came back off and on as the game went into its lulls. There are updates, expansions and honestly, a lot of the information changes radically.

So often, the information we find - might necessitate a question or two.. and you can't do that there, because it then necros an old post.

It's a tough call. Do you necro an old post to ask for clarification or check to be sure the information is still accurate or do you get yelled at to "GOOGLE IT!" > which generally will take hours to find any information that is under two years of age or... and often turned out to be bits and pieces of what you need to know.... or as I often find >> posts on a PW p.server which is not relevant at all.

If a search for a question comes up with a necro then of course post a new question. The issue that many of us have is that many questions have been asked which have been answered in active threads on the 1st page of forum. One new question was was answered in the topics of 3 active threads on the 1st page of the forum. That's where some of us roll our eyes and get urges to make rude comments.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2014
    If a search for a question comes up with a necro then of course post a new question. The issue that many of us have is that many questions have been asked which have been answered in active threads on the 1st page of forum. One new question was was answered in the topics of 3 active threads on the 1st page of the forum. That's where some of us roll our eyes and get urges to make rude comments.
    The best thing to do if you do find old articles that you don't want to necro, or already searched topics and didn't find the answer, would be to reference them in your post when you ask the question.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Welc0me t0 the internet, where pe0ple enj0y insulting 0thers in the safety 0f their 0wn h0mes.Let's be realistic, this f0rum is well kn0wn f0r it's certain butthurt m0ds and players that jump 0n every 0pp0rtunity t0 insult 0r bash 0ther members whether they are right 0r wr0ng.N0t that I am c0nd0ning their acti0ns, but y0u get used t0 it 0ver time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When it comes to me, I usually dont mind people creating new threads asking questions that might have been answered already, ESPECIALLY if they provide a background story so we can give better answers for their situation than someone else's, good example is the old typical sage vs demon question that pops up on class forums every now and then. Asking "which is better, demon or sage" and not providing any background info is frustrating because the same question has been repeated over and over in different threads and there are guides explaining the differences, however if the OP tells are they PVE/PVP player, what their goals and playstyle is etc now that lets us more experienced players share our views and try to help them find the best option for them as a player.

I do not like it when people create threads to ask questions that have answers available within the first pages of the subforums, even in sticky threads. It does not take long to scan through few pages of thread names to see if there is anything that could possibly provide them the info needed. For example awhile back someone kept posting threads asking basic questions (build, gears, what skills to go for etc) on several class forums and they said theyre too lazy to read the guides. That is quite rude to those who spent hours in writing those guides.

Sorry if my commentary seems bit scrappy, I am sick. b:surrender
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ok, I know I do not post often, hardly at all, honestly, but I troll these forums frequently and I've been playing PWI since 2009. However, more and more I am seeing people quick to jump down the throats of someone who asks a question, rather then taking a second to just answer it. WHO THE BLEEP CARES if it's been answered. There are too many narcissistic, self involved people who take up far too much space posting how wrong it was to ask a given question, then it would take to simply answer it and move on.

Yes, it would be wonderful if everyone searched long and hard for the answer before, omg, having the gall to post something here. I'm nearly 45 years old, a college graduate, successful, Married, with 4 kids, and I consider myself to be AT LEAST of average intelligence, and there are times when searching the forums produces nothing remotely close to what it was I was trying to find out. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for those (and there are plenty) that search when English is not their first language.

All I'm saying is, it's time to get over yourselves and maybe start just answering a question in a few simple lines, or giving someone a link to a thread you know exists. Adding your insults and snide comments doesn't do anyone any service, and definitely doesn't make you look intelligent like you seem to think it does. Taking 4-8 posts to argue how stupid it was for someone to ask a redundant question? Far more idiotic then just answering or redirecting.

*sigh* I think it's time, perhaps, they removed the word kindness from the dictionaries, as it doesn't really seem to exist anymore.

- TD
    /points

no one is stopping you from doing it yourself >> You did say you troll the forums frequently right. :s

I personally add in something if there is anything new to add to the answer, but most of the time pple seem quick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan