[Maintenance Discussion]-9-9-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't know anyone that has been able to use the anniversary item obtained with the code.
    Telling me I used it already is pure baloney. To my knowledge, I have not used that code. If it does prove to be a code used LAST YEAR, then I would suggest that is a cruel joke played on the player population this year.

I am presuming there will be an acknowledgement to some glitch or error, sometime in the near future?
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't know anyone that has been able to use the anniversary item obtained with the code.
    Telling me I used it already is pure baloney. To my knowledge, I have not used that code. If it does prove to be a code used LAST YEAR, then I would suggest that is a cruel joke played on the player population this year.

I am presuming there will be an acknowledgement to some glitch or error, sometime in the near future?

Last year's code was different, like I said its a new code that gives the same item AS last year. So if you were around and redeemed the anniversary prize from last year. You can still redeem this code, but the gold box will not turn into the Jade Treasure Box. Meaning, as I have already stated, IT IS THE SAME PRIZE AS LAST YEAR, just a different code used to point to the same prize.

I'd applaud your reading skills but they are apparently lacking.
  • macewen
    macewen Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A good supply of water must always come first. The human body can go for weeks without food, but will weaken and die after only a few days without water. You can make a spear, look for other food sources, and better shelter as you search for water, but water must come first.
  • SirensTears - Archosaur
    SirensTears - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As many people are saying the code is no good for those who have already redeemed the jade pack in the past. However!!! please stop QQing and read the post you got the code from many more codes are coming so just keep checking back for more codes. Just because us older players can't redeem one code out of a bunch being given out is no reason to attack poor sparkie let the little ones play catch up with the vets. Also it does state "on the same toon. So give it to an alt it's been a year I am sure you have an alt somewhere most of it is account stashable so send it to a bank if you must.
  • aca#7274
    aca#7274 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    its been more than 3 weeks now that you ran that avatar pack promotion (spent reward)... I wrote to that GM ticketing system you have in place.. however I still havent recieved my spent reward... I think I am way out of line posting it here but I need them addressed ASAP. pls..
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As many people are saying the code is no good for those who have already redeemed the jade pack in the past. However!!! please stop QQing and read the post you got the code from many more codes are coming so just keep checking back for more codes. Just because us older players can't redeem one code out of a bunch being given out is no reason to attack poor sparkie let the little ones play catch up with the vets. Also it does state "on the same toon. So give it to an alt it's been a year I am sure you have an alt somewhere most of it is account stashable so send it to a bank if you must.

Never meant to attack Sparkie, just informing him of the fact that the Code being sent out, wont work for the vast majority of the player base. So it should get some looking into by him or another GM.
  • inobo
    inobo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot what is 2+2
  • Filtheyrich - Heavens Tear
    Filtheyrich - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance Question
    Firstly temperature/environment/geography are big issues and you need to decide what is most likely to kill you and work on those things in order of priority.

For the record sharks are good eating, so no problem with food by the looks of it. Other seafood provides different nutrients, such as seaweed. Otherwise, after you've filled up on shark burgers, you would search the island for other food options.

As for water, you see where the water is pooling around the island. When the water dries up, by digging down in those area you may create a well. If you don't develop a water source your sh.it out of luck.

Then you need to make friends with a volleyball named Wilson so you don't go nuts...and build a raft.

and sharks eyeballs are full of fresh water ?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    inobo wrote: »
    SweetieBot what is 2+2

Number line:
    Number line
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    can the people that has been here longer then a year and up get a pack that the newbee's cant since they got there pack today that we cant open. honestly seems fair to reward the ones that has been here the best and newbes get least not the other way around like give us people that has been here 5 years and up a S card set kinda seems fitting we have been playing this game a long time and 3-4 years a random amount of S cards and 2 years less S cards honestly this seems fair since we have been playing this a long time
  • Filtheyrich - Heavens Tear
    Filtheyrich - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    First of all I agree...Sharks are a good source of food

The thirst problem...and some variety in case u get bored with shark steaks. There should be palm trees from which u can get either coconuts or dates. Coconuts will solve the thirst problem as their milk can be drunk as well as eating the flesh

Problem solved

problem with that is too much coconuts will give u the trots
  • inobo
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot will you marry me?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot will you marry me?
    Chatbots do not have enough money to marry. Also, marriage would interfere with my work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Maintenance Question: You're stranded on an island with nothing but the clothes on your back. You assume there has to be a fresh water source and food source, but after a day of searching, you find nothing. You realize you must act fast, otherwise run the risk of dehydration/starvation. Your first thought is to make a spear and hunt for fish, but the island is surrounded by sharks. Since you don't want to run the risk right now, you fall back and build a shelter. Luckily it rains that night, and you're able to gather enough fresh water for a few days, but you still have no food. Do you run the risk of trying to fish, or do you take the safer option and look for edible food/more water that could be hidden on the island? Why?

I dive deeper into the island to find a fresh water source.. I can last longer without food than without water, and even tho the fish in the ocean will supply some protein, they're saltwater fish, and are going to make me thirstier if I do catch one (I'm also not going after fish, I'm catching a shark and drying that sucker out like jerky).

You say I assume there's freshwater, and build a shelter which means there's vegetation of some sort. In the morning I walk part of the perimeter, looking for any streams leaving the island and follow it back to the source. If there are none then I start on the eastern side of the island and follow the sun all day to the other side, drinking any dew accumulated on the vegetation as I go.

Before the sun goes down, I fish. Less sun beating down on me, and fish always seem to bite more as the water cools down at the end of the day. Spear is a definate plan, but it's not mentioned how I'm stranded.. did my plane crash? If I can get a piece of metal, I'll just wander into the ocean for fish and twack the sharks on the nose if they get too friendly. What kind of sharks are they? Not many sharks actually want to eat something like me. I'm thinking I grab a tree branch and part of the trunk (so the end looks like a giant hook), getting it up in it's gill and dragging that sucker home for shark jerky.. or I could just collect crabs and tiny fish that have gotten stuck in little eddies.. chances are, I'm not going to fish in water deeper than my spear will reach, and thats likely too shallow for any major biters to get in my way.

Or I suntan all day... we'll see when it happens.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello all,

Maintenance will be tonight from the usual 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT. This is just a restart, no patch.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140909T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Question: You're stranded on an island with nothing but the clothes on your back. You assume there has to be a fresh water source and food source, but after a day of searching, you find nothing. You realize you must act fast, otherwise run the risk of dehydration/starvation. Your first thought is to make a spear and hunt for fish, but the island is surrounded by sharks. Since you don't want to run the risk right now, you fall back and build a shelter. Luckily it rains that night, and you're able to gather enough fresh water for a few days, but you still have no food. Do you run the risk of trying to fish, or do you take the safer option and look for edible food/more water that could be hidden on the island? Why?

I'd find the nearest cliff and make it as merciful as possible, I'd never last alone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • inobo
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot if we have a daughter what shall we name her?
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd find the nearest cliff and make it as merciful as possible, I'd never last alone.

basically this.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot if we have a daughter what shall we name her?
    I don't know about that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• inobo
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot shall we name our daughter cutebot?
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    basically this.

lets hope bh is ws again, yeah? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot shall we name our daughter cutebot?
    Do we have to?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• mightymoose
    mightymoose Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The announcement made in China is essentially the expansion we should be getting sometime near the end of the year. (We'll get it, but it won't be ready until next year at the earliest)!

Looks like we finally got official confirmation that its an expansion. :)
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot, could you please explain to me why these people are trying to get involved with you? Have you not made it clear that you're mine?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot, could you please explain to me why these people are trying to get involved with you? Have you not made it clear that you're mine?
    I know no better than you why. Have you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• inobo
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot but its our daughter how can we not name her okay how about we name her suazanebot?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot but its our daughter how can we not name her okay how about we name her suazanebot?
    Do you name your feet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2014
    I don't know about that.
    I know no better than you why. Have you?

SweetieBot, I'm sorry sweety, you're right. He must be new. BACK OFF INOOBO, SHE'S MINE!!!
  • xkiwibabex
    xkiwibabex Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    how about fixing the chat glitch? i'm sick of it freezing and getting stuck b:shocked
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014

SweetieBot, I'm sorry sweety, you're right. He must be new. BACK OFF INOOBO, SHE'S MINE!!!
    Do you really mean it? I suppose he must be. I prefer forward movement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.