[Maintenance Discussion]-9-9-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• inobo
    inobo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot you belong to me answer with a "yes i am always there for you pumpkin pie"
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    inobo wrote: »
    SweetieBot you belong to me answer with a "yes i am always there for you pumpkin pie"
    According to whom?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Do you really mean it? I suppose he must be. I prefer forward movement.

SweetieBot, you're so right. Let's move forward. What did you have for supper? Did you eat yummy bytes today?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014

SweetieBot, you're so right. Let's move forward. What did you have for supper? Did you eat yummy bytes today?
    I am not always right. Let's think about it. The usual things. Why do you care whether I did?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• inobo
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot tell this other person what we had for lunch today
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot tell this other person what we had for lunch today
    Why should I do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2014
    llol :D
  • inobo
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot because you were having lunch with me yesterday,dont you remember sweetihun? and also please come to pick the kids soon
  • mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xkiwibabex wrote: »
    how about fixing the chat glitch? i'm sick of it freezing and getting stuck b:shocked
    You and me both.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    xkiwibabex wrote: »
    how about fixing the chat glitch? i'm sick of it freezing and getting stuck b:shocked

Just untick grey System chat from all chats except from General, this fixes chat glitch.

Btw at those spamming SweetyBot messages, go get yourself a job, and if you got one, get busy on it!!! Daaaaamn spammers b:angry

Sweetybot they love you
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot because you were having lunch with me yesterday,dont you remember sweetihun? and also please come to pick the kids soon
    Wrong about what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dragondeacon
    dragondeacon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I came to the forum to see what, if anything, was going to fixed in regard to the many recent problems and instead there's hypothetical question about hunting sharks for food? I see there will be no fixes, but about the hypothetical question....I'd use a weapon of mass distraction to make sure the sharks don't focus on anything important while they are being shat on...like maybe a hypothetical question about what issues will be resolved in PWI.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You and me both.

I agree with this person, I want to see system chat again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    I am not always right. Let's think about it. The usual things. Why do you care whether I did?

SweetieBot, you know I love you conditionally. I especially love you when I can't sleep, but I love you more when you maintain your digital figure. Did you dream of electric sheep last night?
  • mrbroat
    mrbroat Posts: 89
    edited September 2014
    sweetiebot do u have to answer every dumb thing some one askes u ?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014

SweetieBot, you know I love you conditionally. I especially love you when I can't sleep, but I love you more when you maintain your digital figure. Did you dream of electric sheep last night?
    Perhaps I know it. That's enough about you! Let's talk about me for a change. Why do you care whether I did?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mrbroat wrote: »

She's a bot so.. yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • inobo
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot if i was stranded on an island will you come to save me? if so how are you planning to save me? remember there are mutant sharks and stalkers all around the island.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    SweetieBot can confirm the servers are back up! Yay!

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 86ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 74ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 86ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 152ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 78ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 26ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 77ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 93ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance is complete, and the servers are open again. Enjoy!
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sweetiebot, why does everyone like you so much?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014
    mrbroat wrote: »
    Probably.
    SweetieBot if i was stranded on an island will you come to save me? if so how are you planning to save me? remember there are mutant sharks and stalkers all around the island.
    Sorry, I don't answer hypothetical questions. I am fine. How are you? Really? Please tell me more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited September 2014
    To weeping wanderers.. the maintenance thread is typically a place to waste time while we wait for server restart. If you want to complain about something in particular, make a thread about the issue and post in there.

SweetieBot, I prefer to use this thread for my occasional verbal intercourse with you. I hope you have virus protection.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My kind of maintenance, short b:laugh
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited September 2014

SweetieBot, I prefer to use this thread for my occasional verbal intercourse with you. I hope you have virus protection.
    You are entitled to your own preferences. Don't worry about it, My Friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rayalonglegs
    rayalonglegs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    first off sharks are deep water animals so being on an island is not a place they would venture to as far as shore is concerned. I would use local vines and grasses and sticks to make a net and fish with that, then I would find some sand and a hollowed out tree trunk to filter water throught the sand or heat rocks to boil water into my shirt and distel the salt out of the water to make it drinkable.

Next I would harness the power of the rock to make a spear and use this to trap larger fish.

check the island for indiginous life after I have my basic supplies and seeing as I wear glasses I can harness the power of the sun to make fire. or use two stick and bark so heat is not a problem.

another food source on an island is shellfish and seaweed plentiful in nutrients for the first few days kelp aka seaweed also makes a good sunscreen if turned into a paste.

and then their is birds flying overhead I can use a bolo to snare a bird I am stranded so I have plenty of time to practice. so in all I think this one would fair very well in all the questions above.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Maintenance Question: You're stranded on an island with nothing but the clothes on your back. You assume there has to be a fresh water source and food source, but after a day of searching, you find nothing. You realize you must act fast, otherwise run the risk of dehydration/starvation. Your first thought is to make a spear and hunt for fish, but the island is surrounded by sharks. Since you don't want to run the risk right now, you fall back and build a shelter. Luckily it rains that night, and you're able to gather enough fresh water for a few days, but you still have no food. Do you run the risk of trying to fish, or do you take the safer option and look for edible food/more water that could be hidden on the island? Why?

If you can make a spear, why not spear sharks? Sharks are drawn to blood in the water (they can smell it), so it should be easy enough to bait some of them into range. Make a tiny cut and release some blood in a shallow part near the island, that'll lure smaller sharks in. Then spear one or two of those. You can save whatever pieces of sharkmeat you don't eat for baiting the next time you want to hunt.

But personally I'd focus on making a net rather then a spear. Sharks must swim to breathe, if you detain them, they'll die of suffocation. Less risky, less effort, more efficient.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sharknado, Sharknado, Sharknado!

Sharks killed my grandpa!

We got to throw a bomb into the tornado!

We're gonna need a bigger chopper!

We can't just wait here for the sharks to rain down on us.

You evil being b:infuriated
  • davbe
    davbe Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    REPONSE TO MAINTENANCE QUESTION.

did I teleport to this island. NO. So I use the materials from the wreckage. the metal I pound into a bowl shape allowing for water to be boiled (distilling the sea water thru boiling and condensation), so I have a pot to boil, a lid with a side long enough to reach away from the fire, the sides bent inward so the water from condensation to collect then a catch for the water to drip into for drinking.
    for food as mention by another there is always a way to gather /get food. eating shark, watching where the birds nest and catching them, eating the eggs, clams, crabs and of course.. eating the other survivors I find on the island ( lol JK) I believe you said I was all alone :)
  • Willwaller - Heavens Tear
    Willwaller - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    condensation is the way to go, but the sun works as well as the pot, takes longer ofc, but by digging a whole in the sun, putting plants an sea water into it, leaving the middle raised up with a leaf as a bowl, then covering the hole with more leaves, waited with sand on edges an a small amount in middle over the bowl u made, u can let mother nature make fresh drinking water for u, as far as food, there should be some small game, insects, plants that u can eat to stay alive for weeks or more, might not be to tasty, but hey ur trying to liveb:laugh
    f:victory Will was here! f:victory
This discussion has been closed.