[Maintenance Discussion]-6-10-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• Mhune - Heavens Tear
    Mhune - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Get rid of bots completely. Bots are game killers, seen it happen in too many mmo's. Enforce a no botting rule instead of giving everyone a bot. (I use pwi's bot) But I know since it's been implemented it's the beginning of the end for this game, something I've never thought before.

Soon enough coins will be worthless and only people who cash heavily into the game will be left, and not even they will stick around. On average a person playing a f2p game of this genre spends around $30USD per month. When it gets to the point where the average gamer can't make any valuable currency in game and spending their average $30/month doesn't help them compete the game will be doomed.

Most people like the bots for now, they don't realize soon enough, the coins they get will be worthless.

Stop it, you're scaring me. :C

Sweetiebot, tell Kalopsia - Dreamweaver to stop.
  • Triandi - Raging Tide
    Triandi - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.

First time that I really like a Maintenance Question..

Suggestions (in no particular order) :

1. "Looting Pet" - an all class pet that picks up the loot, saving one the trouble of losing time to pick it up and risking to pull aggro again and again from mobs when they re-spawn. A basic pet could be available in a quest chain and more different forms via Boutique/ Event Boutique ( pretty much like with the mounts or different flyers )

2. Event Times and Reward for at least taking part - It is possible to run events more than 1 time a day, offering around 3 time slots for it would help a lot of people. If necessary limit the access ( entry ) to these events to 1 time per day. Would prevent exploit yet offer the chance to take part in it. It is especially for the 8pm servertime events that for many, who started to play before knowing of the fixed event time and time difference ( when I started playing there were no EU server <.< ) an option to take actively part in them. Further.. In an MMORPG I played, even when you just took part for a brief time you would still get a small reward and not only the top 5 would get everything. Taking part in an event would give a reward, based on how long, how much one did in it. The benefit would be more overall activity.

3. Server Transfer Item - Limit it to maybe once a year, make it an Boutique item..

4. "Reshape/Inking" of Gear - Another awesome feature from an well known MMORPG. The different shapes of all gears can be used to reshape the gear one currently wears to the one, liked the most. The inking is done by colors one finds as drops from monsters, from gathering mats ( rocks, plants and the like ) Each gear piece is split in 3 parts that can be dyed, giving a near endless amount of customization options. Rare colors could be an Boutique Item or made available over crafting ( like on a forge that asks for different resource combinations ). Benefit would be that the players have more options to make their chara unique and.. we would finally get to see all those lovely gear skins again.

5. Show/Hide Helmets/ Robe - Seen in other MMORPGS, another customization feature.

6. Mobile AuctionHouse and Mail - as many mentioned, Access tot he AH via a fixed hotkey where one can sell stuff directly over the bag, look and buy when anywhere on the map but for fetching the items need the npc in a city. Same goes for the ingame Mail, integrating it into the social actions would be neat and maybe offer 4 slots in it then just this 1

7. Buff timer - pretty please... a small add of minutes under the buffs to see when they run out.

If I had more time, I would probably be able to come up with even more.. but those are the main things that I miss in PWI the most and have enjoyed greatly in other MMORPGS.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    SweetieBot please find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch is here: Patch 790 - 791
    This is the newest one that's officially listed and I don't see anything newer.

Sweetiebot, tell Kalopsia - Dreamweaver to stop.
    Why should I do that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Rohant - Archosaur
    Rohant - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A New class from another game with shield in left sord or mace in right he is called Holyknight

" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fca4qEGogA "
  • Mhune - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2014
    A New class from another game with shield in left sord or mace in right he is called Holyknight

" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fca4qEGogA "

We really don't need anymore classes. :L We need a male veno and a female barb. Thassit. Too many already.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Get rid of bots completely. Bots are game killers, seen it happen in too many mmo's. Enforce a no botting rule instead of giving everyone a bot. (I use pwi's bot) But I know since it's been implemented it's the beginning of the end for this game, something I've never thought before.

Soon enough coins will be worthless and only people who cash heavily into the game will be left, and not even they will stick around. On average a person playing a f2p game of this genre spends around $30USD per month. When it gets to the point where the average gamer can't make any valuable currency in game and spending their average $30/month doesn't help them compete the game will be doomed.

Most people like the bots for now, they don't realize soon enough, the coins they get will be worthless.

+10 Couldn't agree more!
  • Mhune - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2014
    Sweetiebot please report server status!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sweetiebot please report server status!
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 339ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 116ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 215ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 128ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 80ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 87ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 88ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 172ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Something that I seen in a game i use to play was this: (Unfortunately it was removed I don't know the reasons why, but I felt the pros seriously outweighed any cons it could of had.)

It was a EQUAL trade "gadget," that it made sure both parties were getting very close to what their respective items were worth.

EXAMPLE: If I had a general summer token, and I was trading my alt, I would have to have items that equal up to that amount, or the coins to trade in order to complete the trade.

I realize this kind of system would take lots of work/maintenance to ensure its running properly but I did feel it prevented at least two things, and that is... 1. Scamming, 2. hacking. The second benefit being the thing I loved the most.

I know it would suck with people who daul log/give their items to an alt on another account, but I for one feel the benefits, would be great for those who are worried about an inactive account/going away for a small period of time and coming back only to find their items missing. (Yes there is a way to bind equipment but as we know some equipment... unbound is real nice to have)

---

Another neat feature from the same game (if I remember right):

Item lending: I could lend out an item for an X amount of time, and after the lend time expired I got my item back, I think they even allowed people to charge fees for it. (Which that last tidbit would be difficult to do if you put in the equal trade system.)

---

Assist crafting.

(Materials AND even Level of crafting service)

That could take out a lot of the need to trust others to be... honest players and not run off with your weapon/gear/mats that you 'gave' them and asked them to make.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.

Dont know if its been said before too lazy to read the whole topic :p

But the thing i would like to see put into game that i miss from another game i played a long time ago is the ability for you to use your all class pet to pick up items as you grind or kill mobs...

the other game i played had an item that was sold in the store that you could buy like a 100 of them for about a dollar and they would be timed for about a half hour or an hour and the pet would pick up your drops for you. that game called the items celebeans. it was a great item and the drop time also was in effect for the pets so you didnt have to worry about someone else picking up your drops unless you let them sit on the ground too long like normal

i really miss the option for all class pets to actually do something besides get in you way :p
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014

An option to quickly and efficiently flag players/character you suspect to be cheating, for GM checking and action. The "Report Hacking" button is not suitable to the task.

Catshops who are using scamming tactics such as selling water for 200k, then buying it for 2 million, but giving a "service unavailable" error...
    Bots who selfresurrect and automatically return to the nearest city to sell items, then return to their spot to resume botting without user interacting...
    Bots who mine resources...

All these I'd love to make the server's GMs aware of. However, the current process of submitting a ticket just isn't having any effect whatsoever (I speak from personal experience). This means your playerbase can't help to clean up the game by flagging potential cheaters. And your playerbase can, through sheer headcount, be a major asset in that.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dont know if its been said before too lazy to read the whole topic :p

But the thing i would like to see put into game that i miss from another game i played a long time ago is the ability for you to use your all class pet to pick up items as you grind or kill mobs...

the other game i played had an item that was sold in the store that you could buy like a 100 of them for about a dollar and they would be timed for about a half hour or an hour and the pet would pick up your drops for you. that game called the items celebeans. it was a great item and the drop time also was in effect for the pets so you didnt have to worry about someone else picking up your drops unless you let them sit on the ground too long like normal

i really miss the option for all class pets to actually do something besides get in you way :p

It is game of pwi Torchlight

* Players choose a pet to accompany them.
    * Pets can level up, help in battle, and carry items along with the player.
  • playzalt4
    playzalt4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd like to get my blessing but..... but the "Redeem" option is gone b:cry Did I miss the announcement saying we no longer get blessings? b:sad
  • Andalee - Dreamweaver
    Andalee - Dreamweaver Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    playzalt4 wrote: »
    I'd like to get my blessing but..... but the "Redeem" option is gone b:cry Did I miss the announcement saying we no longer get blessings? b:sad

It is not gone it is just moved from the right corner to the very left. Click on the Arc Symbol to open a new dropdown menu you'll find the redeem option there:

Click for Picture
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just close your eyes
    The sun is going down
    You'll be alright
    No one can hurt you now
    Come morning light
    You and I'll be safe and sound
  • kinad
    kinad Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Where Did The Redeem Key Botton Go????????
  • Andalee - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    Um I kindly refer you to the post I made right above yours. Hope that answers your question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just close your eyes
    The sun is going down
    You'll be alright
    No one can hurt you now
    Come morning light
  • mymahem
    mymahem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mmm... did I miss the announcement saying the "Redeem" option for blessings was no longer available?
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
    seeker blah blah blah blah... b:bye
  • Andalee - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    b:surrender I give up....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just close your eyes
    The sun is going down
    You'll be alright
    No one can hurt you now
    Come morning light
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In before everyone that's not on the fourteen pages before me. :P
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • mymahem
    mymahem Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Andalee, Thank you :)
    BellAhhh Dreamweaver
    seeker blah blah blah blah... b:bye
  • Andalee - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    mymahem wrote: »
    Andalee, Thank you :)

yw b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just close your eyes
    The sun is going down
    You'll be alright
    No one can hurt you now
    Come morning light
  • Hellies - Harshlands
    Hellies - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Buffs issues all the way :

1. Lower level squad buffs should not override higher level squad buffs already active.

example : you have level 11 demon evasion buff as an archer and another archer in squad keeps using his level 10 archer buff to get chi. When he rebuffs with level 10 buff you lose around 1000 evasion. Same goes for other classes, like BM bell buff, Barb hp buff, etc.

2. Timer on buffs to know when they will run out. When I move the mouse cursor over a specific buff it should display how much time is left for that buff.

less important buff ideas :

3. Possibility to remove friendly buffs by right clicking the icon.

4. Buffs could be kept even after loging off. They would only be cancelled after manually removing them, when they time out or in pk mode with purge.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would love to see active PWE representatives.

GM's in game. CM and other PWE employees active on forums.

For my bonus points: I think this would be beneficial because the employees who help run the game could directly interact with and help the community that plays and pays for the game.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Buffs issues all the way :

1. Lower level squad buffs should not override higher level squad buffs already active.

example : you have level 11 demon evasion buff as an archer and another archer in squad keeps using his level 10 archer buff to get chi. When he rebuffs with level 10 buff you lose around 1000 evasion. Same goes for other classes, like BM bell buff, Barb hp buff, etc.

2. Timer on buffs to know when they will run out. When I move the mouse cursor over a specific buff it should display how much time is left for that buff.

less important buff ideas :

3. Possibility to remove friendly buffs by right clicking the icon.

4. Buffs could be kept even after loging off. They would only be cancelled after manually removing them, when they time out or in pk mode with purge.

and fix cleric magic defense buff that has been broken since the game opened. it does not refresh with other buffs.

i see event charms still didnt make it back. wonder how many maint it will take or if they are gone forever.

it used to be after maint i could open the boutique and all the sales/new items were listed on the opening page. now they seem to be scattered and one has to hunt for them. i would think a company as money hungry as PWE would fix this asap. ijs
  • ghoulnereus
    ghoulnereus Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cheaper gears that are very good but dont cost over $400 and also easier ways to farm very expensive gears.
  • crashtestdmmy
    crashtestdmmy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Other games, players have the ability to choose different worlds every time they sign in. They are not limited to just 1 world all the time.

When you are signed in any world, you are still connected to your faction and your bank and your friend, regardless of what world they are on.

This would bring the entire PWI community together, it would make for more epic TW's and NW's. It would allow people to experience pvp without being forced to restart if they did not like it.

The economies of the various worlds would sync, when 1 world or map crashes players could continue to play on other worlds.

Make it so!
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Other games, players have the ability to choose different worlds every time they sign in. They are not limited to just 1 world all the time.

When you are signed in any world, you are still connected to your faction and your bank and your friend, regardless of what world they are on.

This would bring the entire PWI community together, it would make for more epic TW's and NW's. It would allow people to experience pvp without being forced to restart if they did not like it.

The economies of the various worlds would sync, when 1 world or map crashes players could continue to play on other worlds.

Make it so!

Unfortunately, the server infrastructure for Perfect World doesn't support a "mega-server", or "shard" system. While it would be nice, they would have to rebuild the game from the ground up for it to happen, and with an older game like this, I don't think it's worth the time or effort for them to do it.

Myself, I would like to see more in-game activity from the PWE employees, as others have expressed. It would curb a few of the issues that people have with the game (mainly the lewd and racist WCs), as well as enable people to see that the game has an active support system with active GMs ready to assist if needed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • Mikaelundin - Heavens Tear
    Mikaelundin - Heavens Tear Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would come back to play pw if they implemented a reward system going towards refines.

Let's say you are helping someone out with a Lunar run, you would gain x amount of points that would go towards a dragon orb
    Whether that be a 1* 2* 3* or a random decision by mathematical equasion, would be up to the Devs
    I would very much like it if there was a reward system along those lines that would be based around the cash shop monetary value of in game currency for dragon orbs.

The gold market is easy to calculate for U.S. monetary value, and it is easy to play around given the consistency of PWE sales for pwi.

Your marketing team has plunged this game into a cash shoppers paradise.
    Please, give back a sense of value to play this game.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014

1. Less dailies more random instances
    2. More PvP instances like battle arenas you can enter any time with no loss
    3. Equalised gear squad vs squad PvP instances
    4. Just get rid of the fees for selling stuff on AH, like why do we even need catshops apart from the convenient location ones
    5. A working ranking system?
    6. More peeveepeeeeeee..
    7. Non-**** dev's/ridiculously incompetent GMs please?

The one instance people would spam the hell out of hasn't worked in this game like ever.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would come back to play pw if they implemented a reward system going towards refines.

Let's say you are helping someone out with a Lunar run, you would gain x amount of points that would go towards a dragon orb
    Whether that be a 1* 2* 3* or a random decision by mathematical equasion, would be up to the Devs
    I would very much like it if there was a reward system along those lines that would be based around the cash shop monetary value of in game currency for dragon orbs.

The gold market is easy to calculate for U.S. monetary value, and it is easy to play around given the consistency of PWE sales for pwi.

Your marketing team has plunged this game into a cash shoppers paradise.
    Please, give back a sense of value to play this game.

Don't confuse the following with QQ - presenting my game experience is necessary to illustrate my point.

I've been playing almost daily since Feb, 2009 and to date, I have little to show for it.

PWI is free to play, I get that, but after 5 years I am disappointed that none of my characters gear demonstrate a reflection of my commitment to the game OR those I have helped progress beyond me.

In the early days, I personally helped "MANY" others complete challenges that allowed them to move onto high level game play, all at great expense to myself. Some of them have gone on to be in the ranks of the first to go above level 100, whilst I still struggled to get out of my 80's. Hell, I've yet to see level 102 on any character. While I do have a couple of dedicated friends that go way back to the beginning, those that I helped long ago have complete amnesia and had no sense of loyalty, in returning favors that bumped them to end game status.

What do I have to show for dedicated assisting of others for 5 years? WSS3 and R8 pieces that I can't afford to refine beyond +5, nor place decent shards in sockets. Admittedly, the type of gear I have on my 2 main characters would have been enviable to most, 4 years back, it isn't worth a squat anymore. My gear still does nothing to allow me to participate in high level challenges with much satisfaction.

I know there are many arrogant people, that will be quick to suggest the gear isn't the issue, it is a question of whether you can play your class properly. They say this from the security of their Ref +12 pieces Fully loaded with ATK/DEF shards! Also, more than likely they are one of the 4 most recent OP classes added, which have all but made the BM/Cleric's all but useless (only opinion, I know).

My point is, there are just as many personalities as play styles in this game. Those that approach the game with a personality that focuses on helping and benefitting others should have some direct way of benefitting from their contributions. For example, in the early days, people actively sought to assist on FB's for the benefit of earning rep, that necessity has long been eradicated and become meaningless.

If you can relate to the experiences I described, the following might make sense to you:

I'd like to see a point system along the line of the FB rep reward AND not limited to FB.

People should be rewarded POINTS for squad participation in all major quest/challenges.
    The amount of points should be based on:
    1. Degree of difficulty for the challenge
    2. Players level, relative to the level of the challenge
    3. Players damage received, relative to their defense stats (Benefit lower level and poorer geared players)

The points should be tradable as currency, for purchase of non-tradable:
    1. Guaranteed gear refinements
    2. 1 - 10 dragon orbs
    3. Rep
    4. Exp

This system:
    1. Would NOT threaten cash players
    2. Would be of greater benefit to long the term - weakest / squishiest players
    3. Would motivate interest in high level players (they will benefit from points) assisting lower levels
This discussion has been closed.