[Maintenance Discussion]-6-10-14 COMPLETE

Options
12346»

Comments

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Don't confuse the following with QQ - presenting my game experience is necessary to illustrate my point.

I've been playing almost daily since Feb, 2009 and to date, I have little to show for it.

PWI is free to play, I get that, but after 5 years I am disappointed that none of my characters gear demonstrate a reflection of my commitment to the game OR those I have helped progress beyond me.

In the early days, I personally helped "MANY" others complete challenges that allowed them to move onto high level game play, all at great expense to myself. Some of them have gone on to be in the ranks of the first to go above level 100, whilst I still struggled to get out of my 80's. Hell, I've yet to see level 102 on any character. While I do have a couple of dedicated friends that go way back to the beginning, those that I helped long ago have complete amnesia and had no sense of loyalty, in returning favors that bumped them to end game status.

What do I have to show for dedicated assisting of others for 5 years? WSS3 and R8 pieces that I can't afford to refine beyond +5, nor place decent shards in sockets. Admittedly, the type of gear I have on my 2 main characters would have been enviable to most, 4 years back, it isn't worth a squat anymore. My gear still does nothing to allow me to participate in high level challenges with much satisfaction.

I know there are many arrogant people, that will be quick to suggest the gear isn't the issue, it is a question of whether you can play your class properly. They say this from the security of their Ref +12 pieces Fully loaded with ATK/DEF shards! Also, more than likely they are one of the 4 most recent OP classes added, which have all but made the BM/Cleric's all but useless (only opinion, I know).

My point is, there are just as many personalities as play styles in this game. Those that approach the game with a personality that focuses on helping and benefitting others should have some direct way of benefitting from their contributions. For example, in the early days, people actively sought to assist on FB's for the benefit of earning rep, that necessity has long been eradicated and become meaningless.

If you can relate to the experiences I described, the following might make sense to you:

I'd like to see a point system along the line of the FB rep reward AND not limited to FB.

People should be rewarded POINTS for squad participation in all major quest/challenges.
    The amount of points should be based on:
    1. Degree of difficulty for the challenge
    2. Players level, relative to the level of the challenge
    3. Players damage received, relative to their defense stats (Benefit lower level and poorer geared players)

The points should be tradable as currency, for purchase of non-tradable:
    1. Guaranteed gear refinements
    2. 1 - 10 dragon orbs
    3. Rep
    4. Exp

This system:
    1. Would NOT threaten cash players
    2. Would be of greater benefit to long the term - weakest / squishiest players
    3. Would motivate interest in high level players (they will benefit from points) assisting lower levels

my alts have hit 102 just from bh xp... 100-102 takes 2 months if all you do is one single pv a day, so there is something wrong here, hell just bh/bq/morai/primal is 2-4m xp a day and would take 3 months to get 100-102

your suggestions could get gamed so easily by highly geared people equipping some of their gear, or using some old gear in combination with pro cards or pro wep..or if tis tradeable LOL just run a few alts with their OP toon, this system would be amazinggg for OP peoples

cant get past +5? means you didnt learn how to use tisha/tienkang..which were (practically) free from DQ points, quite inexcusable really

what are decent shards? you can get freaking incomparables from weeklys or exclusives from morai, which are both quite decent

FB rewards havent been scaled at all to be practical- that is the only truth i see in your post
  • manyak0090
    manyak0090 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, please report server status.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    manyak0090 wrote: »
    SweetieBot, please report server status.
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 128ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 126ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 158ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 111ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 81ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 59ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 167ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 151ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Ganjaga - Harshlands
    Ganjaga - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot why can't we get in game?
    Life is a drag
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2014
    Options
    ^

Shows East Coast offline for Kitty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot why can't we get in game?
    Perhaps there is a way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Perhaps there is a way.

SweetieBot y u so ***? Q.Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Ganjaga - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Harshlands specifically now it shows no ping againb:surrender
    Life is a drag
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options

SweetieBot y u so ***? Q.Q
    Yes, I am a chicken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• manyak0090
    edited June 2014
    Options
    hm US east have 3 000 + ping and connect on server and only DC b:surrenderb:surrender
  • Ganjaga - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Same here logged in game for like 10 secs then DC but there seems to be ppl doing squad in wc, so I'm guessing this is only happening on some people.
    Life is a drag
  • manyak0090
    edited June 2014
    Options
    by now not even connect
  • manyak0090
    edited June 2014
    Options
    15 min play and again DC ****ING WHAT IS
This discussion has been closed.