[Maintenance Discussion]-6-10-14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.

The MMO I played before coming here near 5 years ago, is no more. There was, however, one feature that was a part of the game, if you bought the actual hard copy of the game, as opposed to the free download, that I sorely miss. That feature was called the "Bling Gnome".

Now the name, being a bit cartoonish, wouldn't have to be the same but the Gnome was much like an all class pet, I suppose, but it's job was to gather all the drops your killing and plundering would produce. In addition to freeing up your time to continue plundering without having to run around picking up stuff, it would also convert all items below whatever level you set, to coin, as if you had gone and NPC'd the items, and then directly deposit the coins into your inventory.

It was fantastic, and a brilliant enough feature that most players I would come across who had started the game by using the free download, would seek out a hard copy of the game just to get that "Bling Gnome Activation Code".

So, in my not so short manner, this is the feature I would MOST like to see in PWI, that comes from a previously played MMO.
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, please report server status.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    i have to say this
    To make an item Bound there is bind charm is available
    then where is the charm to make the bounded things to Unbound?
    This is bad once we wear g16 thats all its no worth then just destroy i hate this option
    i need to make an item to Unbound from bound

Barb- lower in 1. M/def 2.accuracy 3.attack rate 4.crit rate

sin - low in 1. hp 2. p/def only

Its called stop being a cheap **** and make lunar gear.
  • X_Amanyrae_x - Sanctuary
    X_Amanyrae_x - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Answer to question: Not a system that tries to make their people cashshop alot of stuff, for example the Guardian Scrolls, Tisha/Tienkang stones when refining and those red messages telling you to buy Zen because...!
    Why? This game is only busy with money and stuff and therefore few to zero new players will join, they can't keep up with this system because you need to be effin rich right now to be able to actually buy something.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    healer009x wrote: »
    Unbound item Unbound itemUnbound item

Silly idea in my opinion. You just bought and bound that 1.5b Emperor tome and by some misfortune get ****. the hacker spends 2m of your money to get un unbound charm, steals your 1.5b tome and is gone.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, please report server status.
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Server transfer stone ... idk make it possible to maintain once every 2 years idk u can figure out a way for it .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • priestsama
    priestsama Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The MMO I played before coming here near 5 years ago, is no more. There was, however, one feature that was a part of the game, if you bought the actual hard copy of the game, as opposed to the free download, that I sorely miss. That feature was called the "Bling Gnome".

Now the name, being a bit cartoonish, wouldn't have to be the same but the Gnome was much like an all class pet, I suppose, but it's job was to gather all the drops your killing and plundering would produce. In addition to freeing up your time to continue plundering without having to run around picking up stuff, it would also convert all items below whatever level you set, to coin, as if you had gone and NPC'd the items, and then directly deposit the coins into your inventory.

It was fantastic, and a brilliant enough feature that most players I would come across who had started the game by using the free download, would seek out a hard copy of the game just to get that "Bling Gnome Activation Code".

So, in my not so short manner, this is the feature I would MOST like to see in PWI, that comes from a previously played MMO.

Sweetiebot please award 5 points to TechDawg - Sanctuary for excelent suggestion!
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options
    priestsama wrote: »

Sweetiebot please award 5 points to TechDawg - Sanctuary for excelent suggestion!
    Aww sorry but you need to have at least 50 posts to be able to award points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary
    AsMyliuTave - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    How about a sort of "Tax" as an extra income for factions that own land? Basically; a percentage of all cash spent at NPC's is split amongst all land-owning factions, based on the percentage of the map they own. I was gonna say 20% of all NPC cash from the lands you own, but then whoever owns Archosaur would get 90% of all the cash being spent and that's not really fair. Another game I used to play actually used to let the dominant faction set the tax rate, at minimum it received no extra income, but it could be increased.

Just an idea, could help with rising charm costs a bit. Could also just increase the value of lands again, I suppose.
    Name: AsMyliuTave
    Race: Winged Elf
    Class: Archer
    Spiritual Cultivation: Celestial Sage
    Level: 104-103-101
    Faction: Vindicate (Executor)
    Server: Sanctuary
    pwcalc.com/1c41e0adfdadd9f9
  • LadyDagger - Morai
    LadyDagger - Morai Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.

Show local quests only.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

PvE server, i.e.:
    without PvP: without PvP events, without Nation Wars, even without PvP skills (PvE players not need them).

But it is impossible.

Also remove bots and add quests to compensate absence of bots (but bots have same chance to be removed).

About TW ... make them original (like right after reset).

Also remove Arc since other games not use it without problems.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

A feature I used to see in PWI untill you guys removed not too long ago: Bring back color-coded questtracker.
    No more this "all are yellow just like your important cultivation"-list, it's as annoying now as it was at the start. Color-different quests being tracked with their colors showing is way more interface-friendly. A full questlist now just looks like a blur of yellow text, when it used to be visible in a single glanze which quest is which.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Options

A way to transfer to another server, allowed like once every 6~12 months. PWI went from 1 time zone to 3, not to mention that ppl have their rl schedule change from time to time. This would allow the players to have the game adapt to their rl rather then trying to do opposite. It would also finally give a real use to the Morai server.
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    again, armour skin change, i.e r9s3 to look like r9s1/r9s2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    priestsama wrote: »

Aww tyvm, Guess I need more posts tho to bring it to fruition. Thank you all the same tho : )
  • Rohant - Archosaur
    Rohant - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Put masks in fashion. Like this or this

Actually i like the spirit of getting a secret face :D

PWI having more types of Helmets but no one cant see outer look of Helmets helmets need to cover head , Its the reality
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

1) Events for Holidays - Example -Winter Events that run from like the week before Christmas until New Years. Christmas Dungeons, Christmas Quests, special drops that help restore your health etc. Bonus -Drops tie into the title system of the game ie. sweets for the 'sweet' title etc etc. Every holiday in a year has some kind of event with special drops:)

2) Title System -Way cooler titles (think Anchorman movie, lol); easier ways to get them than the current title system we have. One of my favorite titles is a mapping title where you have to cover every square inch of the territory/map to get the title; kind of a pain but one I'm very proud of.

3) Not sure what you call this but every time you log a character; you can inquire the age & it tells you exactly how long (years, months, days & hours etc) you've been playing the game as a whole and that particular character.

4) Birthday Presents for the character - Every year you used to get a mini pet; now it's changed to a couple different things.

Benefits of these things -Gives players more of an incentive to play the game and stick around; makes use of the map besides just certain parts of it. Plus maxing the title system of that game was intensely challenging but you didn't need squads to do a lot of them. So something to do for bored players besides mad dallies that are starting to feel more like chores & less like a fun part of playing the game.

*sigh* Dreamer dreams on lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Serious list of what I'd like to see

Unbind Scroll/Stone - To prevent hackers from **** you, could potentially put it under the gear/safe code, or give it it's own passcode.

Server Transfer - Totally on board with this, however, only allowed either once per year, or once lifetime, and don't allow OP toons to be transferred to a new server (if there were ever another released)

Get rid of the AH/gold trade taxes. Self explanatory.

Bring back DQ Rewards, and bring back silver (and gold?) charms to the event shop.

Possible events that are entirely aimed at the event shop, IE, your prizes/rewards are items from the shop/event gold exclusively. There are not currently enough methods of obtaining event gold.
  • mickesfae
    mickesfae Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

1. a feature that allows us to actually turn off Horns. We are given the options to click off all other chats, but the most annoying and largest one of all we have to suffer through. It's a bit more than annoying when suddenly you have all this large text and usually of no importance other than someone had to announce they are farting rainbows and you are in the middle of a TW or NW. And because of so many of those morons who just love to spam horns, your block list is already full. I know so many ppl who have just said "**** it..going to go play (insert game name here)" and logged off PWI because of the spamtards with the horns. So essentially, PW lost out on players while another game gained. Just let us have our own control over the Horns, k?

2. I think the idea of pick up pets is spot on.
    No need to explain, it's not rocket science lol

3. And yes, YeS YES! we need a customize feature as to what is picked up while we are using auto-culti. What one person doesn't want as drops, might be treasures to the next so it all works out for everyone.

4. Areas to bot/culti in should be in another map as others suggested - identical to where we all bot now but made for auto-culti purpose only. Culti would NOT be allowed in normal map areas so all quest mobs would be there and not farmed to death. (auto culti would not work in normal map areas)

with that said...nighty nite PW. I be sleepy b:surrender
    edited June 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, please report the server status.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options

West Coast Servers:

East Coast Servers:

European Servers:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Rohant - Archosaur
    Rohant - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    All toons in PWI going near mob and standing in its range then starting to hit, its like a timer cloak dont have good realty on this, need reality in hitting(fighting with mobs) creeps u can watch this game video in you tube then realize

" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBnVjgeQzWQ"
    and "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN_W9idwdUQ"
    and "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMeX8xQ3zy0"

am seriously saying our PWI player like this reality of HITTING creeps like above videos Try it
  • sanenpongen1
    sanenpongen1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    i want two sets of armors an weapon equipped in my bag all time with a short key to change whenever i want. For eg. whenever i want to change my tank gears to APS or challenling to Def gears i need to just press a short key and not press all the armors and wep to get it equipped b:victory
  • RichCyphr - Heavens Tear
    RichCyphr - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • Lady_Mew - Archosaur
    Lady_Mew - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I liked in conquer online that whenyouu were squaded with your spouse any kills your spouse made you got 2x exp for, and vise versa. that could be fun in pwi, and give another reason to hand over that $60 on packs ;D
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Options

West Coast Servers:

East Coast Servers:

European Servers:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• blueimage
    blueimage Posts: 51 Perfect World Employee
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hey guys, these'll probably come in handy:

EN:
    783-791
    790-791

DE:
    293-303
    302-303

FR:
    253-260
    259-260

We should be on schedule tonight, but I'm a little new, so pardon any delays. b:surrender
  • Opey_ - Archosaur
    Opey_ - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sweetybot wat is gong to be new about this update?
  • Opey_ - Archosaur
    Opey_ - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    blueimage wrote: »
    Hey guys, these'll probably come in handy:

EN:
    783-791
    790-791

DE:
    293-303
    302-303

FR:
    253-260
    259-260

We should be on schedule tonight, but I'm a little new, so pardon any delays. b:surrender

wat is that about?
This discussion has been closed.