[Maintenance Discussion]-6-10-14 COMPLETE

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

Tonight 6/10/14, there will be a maintenance starting at 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT.

Here is the time for all timezones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140610T23&p1=224&ah=3

Patch Notes:

PWI Patch Notes v791 - Released June 10th, 2014

UI
*The Seeker and Mystic now use the correct icons in the Power Rankings.
*Genies no longer report the wrong maximum stamina value.

Localization
*Many mount names have been slightly adjusted for consistency. Mounts upgraded with Spurs of Alacrity will always have the "Swift" prefix, and mounts updgraded with Galewind Spurs will always have the "Hurricane" prefix. All mounts now also maintain the same name when upgraded.
**Quick Ancestral Kirin renamed Hurricane Ancestral Kirin.
**Swift and Hurricane Darkspeeder renamed Swift and Hurricane Dark Charger.
**Hurricane Kirin of Luck renamed Hurriane Kirin of Fortune.
**Swift and Quick Onyx Jaguar renamed Swift and Hurricane Windsprint Panther.
**Swift Pig of Joybringer renamed Swift Pigsly Pigsworth.
**Hurricane Piggy Goodie renamed Hurricane Pigsly Pigsworth.
**Swift and Hurricane Redspeeder renamed Swift and Hurricane Crimson Leaper.
**Quick Sika Reindeer renamed Quick Sika Deer.
**Quick Vicious Raptor renamed Hurricane Vicious Raptor.
**The 8.0-speed version of Swift Whitewind has been renamed Whitewind to avoid confusion with the 9.0-speed version.

*The "Quick" tab in the Pet Manager's Mount Upgrade window has been renamed "Hurcan." for consistency.
*Misc. grammatical fixes.

Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    in before sweetiebot !

Answer to question: Proper management that tries to make its players happy and believes that happy players will make good bussiness rather than try to make unhappy players by squeezing the max out of them they think possible.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    inb4 Everyone but the guy above me.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    inb4 any1 but the guyS above me.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Transmuting of armor looks. Do I really need to explain?

Or, speaking from a less fashion-orientated perspective: Events 24/7 ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Agree with the battles 24x7 as it means people don't have to get up at stupid o'clock to take part.

Would like to see event boutique prices the same as normal boutique and the same items in each to ensure no one is disadvantaged. You could have all event boutique items account bound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    True quests.

Ones that start seemingly unrelated but eventually intertwine to create a rich lore that draws you in and immerses you into the game's story. The benefit is that players would have something to actually do. Something that compels them to play the game, it gives them that much more value to the character they've been using for however long. At the very least it would give people something to do. At the very best, you'd have something that keeps players coming back for more and gives the game a second chance at life.

Not that we'd ever get any kind of good update. But I can dream man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.
    Trading post access anywhere, anytime. Another MMO I play has this feature. You can check the auctions, gold listings and buy/sell from anywhere at any time (tho you need to go to an NPC to retrieve any bought items or money from transactions). The benefits of this are obviously being able to check auctions and manage transactions without having to stop auto-cultivating or tediously going to an AH NPC. I believe it would improve the amount of trading post usage if people could do this conveniently.

Transmuting of armor and weapon skins. This would even be welcomed as a (reasonably priced) boutique item. So many nice skins in this game, weapons especially, not being used or ever seen due to limited endgame paths (mostly all we see is r9 and g16). Benefits being a whole new world of character customization and breaking the mold of so many people holding the same weapons.
  • Mio_miki - Heavens Tear
    Mio_miki - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Game: RIFT.
    Feature: Warfront (pvp like NW)
    Explanation: Warfronts are like Nation Wars, however they have one, that I'd like to call huge, advantage. At the end of the battle, PvP freezes and locks into PvE until another war is started. This would save a lot of rage in-game by people being killed after the instance is finished, which is horribly infuriating (no, I'm not qqing, I know I'm not the only one that hates it).
  • banks4ds
    banks4ds Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    SweetieBot, have you found the manual patch yet? b:thanks
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    banks4ds wrote: »
    SweetieBot, have you found the manual patch yet?
    No I am still searching for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A feature I've seen in only one game so far is the ability to "Train" your skills, instead of pay some spirit and coin to level them up.

In a sense, the more you play the better you are, rather than how fat your real and ingame wallet can make you become better
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An auction system where you can put both BUYING and SELLING offers, if you set a BUYING offer and someone matchers with a selling offer, the market system automatically deals.
    The buying offer allows you to browse and search throughout sellable game items, you set the amount you want and price per unit and confirm, if someone is already selling for that price (or cheaper) deal is automatically made.
    The selling offer allows you to drag an item from inventory and set price/amount then confirm. If someone is buying for that price (or more expensive) deal is automatically made.

Also, the item prices are suggested (based on done deals for that item in the last week or something), item prices suggestions up and downs are controled by the system, this system allows players and environment to participate in a, almost realistic stock market.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An auction system where you can put both BUYING and SELLING offers, if you set a BUYING offer and someone matchers with a selling offer, the market system automatically deals.
    The buying offer allows you to browse and search throughout sellable game items, you set the amount you want and price per unit and confirm, if someone is already selling for that price (or cheaper) deal is automatically made.
    The selling offer allows you to drag an item from inventory and set price/amount then confirm. If someone is buying for that price (or more expensive) deal is automatically made.

Also, the item prices are suggested (based on done deals for that item in the last week or something), item prices suggestions up and downs are controled by the system, this system allows players and environment to participate in a, almost realistic stock market.

I, too, was thinking of RUNning and ESCAPEing. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello everyone,

So we have Fashion skins already if you don't care for the look of your armour. Let's face it we all like to look a bit different. So how about making the ability to Dye your actual armour. Some of us like the look of our armour but it all looks like everyone elses. In another game I play they have this feature and it allows even lower level armours to look different from the rest. Ther are different sections of the armour covered broken into 3 different color sections on the seperate pieces. You can't tell me that people wouldnt love to runaround in Red Black and White armour or Pink purple and Fuschia. It allows for you to show off your armour that you worked hard for but still have your own personality showing though. b:cute
  • camiraaus1
    camiraaus1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    b:chuckle better end game questing. nw try to develop some machinery toons could actualy access and use against the enemy as long as there in the same nation. make it more interesting.many possiblities like turrets and stone throwers ect, same as i seen in world of ********, wintergrasp. something like that is doable and not that hard and not costly. Also an auction system that actually works when one bits on an auction and not just being told: err auction, here is your coins back. well at least i get my coins back. PWI is getting a little stale and need realy something more intersting. A simple game on tablet atm has more to offer than pwi.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Any update on PQ 3 quests getting fixed b:pleased?
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like to see a new forum community..this one is boring and rages on boring stuff.
  • Gadj - Heavens Tear
    Gadj - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A better squad forming arrangement where one could open a window, see level and class and brief description of what instance that character wants to join.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An "invisible" feature ~ on a game I once played, had the option of whether you'd want people to know where you are or not. It'd just show your name but blank the area. So its almost a "Don't Disturb" sign without really having a blunt AFK - auto reply.

Another feature was a bazzar bag. Sure we may have the option of a shop to sell our stuff, but in this case, you can still sell your stuff while questing/pking etc and by your name it'd have a pouch symbol to show you are selling something. That way you dont have to hurry with dailies, make alts just to store your goods. And yes I'm aware of the comission shops but that takes coin just to operate otherwise everyone would have a tab with their name on it.

I'm all for those mentioning a "flee" even a "armor dye - option" course with the armor dye I'd least like it to be just that an option not a terribly expensive market for the cashers to gloat. Perhaps a "quest" to obtain dye tickets for dyeing gears. Seems fair ground.

I'm sure more will add great ideas! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really liked the foundry system that you guys have in neverwinter. I think it gives a sense of fun for players to create things for the players and it takes some stress off the programmers to have to make new things. Many players enjoy making these maps/obstacle courses/quests so really its a win win for the community as well of the longevity of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Timers to show when your buffs are running out.
  • healer009x
    healer009x Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello everyone,

Here is the time for all timezones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140610T23&p1=224&ah=3

Patch Notes:

PWI Patch Notes v791 - Released June 10th, 2014

UI
    *The Seeker and Mystic now use the correct icons in the Power Rankings.
    *Genies no longer report the wrong maximum stamina value.

Localization
    *Many mount names have been slightly adjusted for consistency. Mounts upgraded with Spurs of Alacrity will always have the "Swift" prefix, and mounts updgraded with Galewind Spurs will always have the "Hurricane" prefix. All mounts now also maintain the same name when upgraded.
    **Quick Ancestral Kirin renamed Hurricane Ancestral Kirin.
    **Swift and Hurricane Darkspeeder renamed Swift and Hurricane Dark Charger.
    **Hurricane Kirin of Luck renamed Hurriane Kirin of Fortune.
    **Swift and Quick Onyx Jaguar renamed Swift and Hurricane Windsprint Panther.
    **Swift Pig of Joybringer renamed Swift Pigsly Pigsworth.
    **Hurricane Piggy Goodie renamed Hurricane Pigsly Pigsworth.
    **Swift and Hurricane Redspeeder renamed Swift and Hurricane Crimson Leaper.
    **Quick Sika Reindeer renamed Quick Sika Deer.
    **Quick Vicious Raptor renamed Hurricane Vicious Raptor.
    **The 8.0-speed version of Swift Whitewind has been renamed Whitewind to avoid confusion with the 9.0-speed version.

*The "Quick" tab in the Pet Manager's Mount Upgrade window has been renamed "Hurcan." for consistency.
    *Misc. grammatical fixes.

Server transfer stone is the best. So that we can visit all server.
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Timers to show when your buffs are running out.

this ^^
  • Rohant - Archosaur
    Rohant - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i have to say this
    To make an item Bound there is bind charm is available
    then where is the charm to make the bounded things to Unbound?
    This is bad once we wear g16 thats all its no worth then just destroy i hate this option
    i need to make an item to Unbound from bound

Barb- lower in 1. M/def 2.accuracy 3.attack rate 4.crit rate

sin - low in 1. hp 2. p/def only
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did sweetiebot really not post in this thread? It looks like she found it fine.
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Shellene - Dreamweaver
    Shellene - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i'd like to see working skills such as cooking fishing things like that there fun and not for leveling up or anything just they go togeather and you can get recipes, i played another mmo and they have these skills as well as the ones we have.
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Two things were mentioned in first page of posts, of which I've had similar ideas on my mind for some time now. One is expanding the questline and world map from 80+. So far every update has been torward an instance, which requires a squad. But if you expand the map and questline, which could still lead to a boss that needs a squad to kill, or may be just tough enough for a squad to make it easier. All MMO's lead to, of course, getting to the highest level possible and best or most unique/rare gear. The questline fades out as it is now. In any game it gets harder to level as you get higher but it shouldn't be so difficult that you never get to or past 105 without a squad!

Next idea, rare gear sets, with bonuses for parts and whole set. Yes, we have that already(set bonuses) on "endgame", but mix it up and make it farmable(without having to do NW). Maybe not as good as T3 or R9, but maybe comparable to R8, with say defense bonus(+10?) for 2 or 3 pieces and attack bonus(+10 or 8?) for 4 pieces. Not make another set of gear but maybe make say, blue OHT/Lunar gold upgradable to say, hmmmm, G14, then have a complect bonus for the upgraded lunar gold. BTW, I do like what someone said about having different gear skins, and maybe they(mobs) could drop a material to make that skin or the vital ingredient to make that rare piece, hmmm. Now I said too much and I was going to save this idea for the suggestion box, but like someone else said, make it(endgame gear) more divesified, or "almost endgame" so then endgame isn't so cookie cutter. And yes, a game I used to play came out with an expansion and they made the rare sets you could get(if you were lucky to find even 2 pieces) with part and complete set bonuses. Finally my bi-monthly PWI forum spew! b:chuckle Thank you.
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
  • healer009x
    healer009x Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i have to say this
    To make an item Bound there is bind charm is available
    then where is the charm to make the bounded things to Unbound?
    This is bad once we wear g16 thats all its no worth then just destroy i hate this option
    i need to make an item to Unbound from bound

Barb- lower in 1. M/def 2.accuracy 3.attack rate 4.crit rate

sin - low in 1. hp 2. p/def only

This is a very very good idea. Give us unbound item already. You got 98% grade about your idea sir.
    i'd like to see working skills such as cooking fishing things like that there fun and not for leveling up or anything just they go togeather and you can get recipes, i played another mmo and they have these skills as well as the ones we have.

This is stupid. It hurts my feeling but ill consider your idea even it hurts my brain ill give you 0.005% grade for consideration for your effort. Dont even bother to reply. Lol
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    An "invisible" feature ~ on a game I once played, had the option of whether you'd want people to know where you are or not. It'd just show your name but blank the area. So its almost a "Don't Disturb" sign without really having a blunt AFK - auto reply.

Another feature was a bazzar bag. Sure we may have the option of a shop to sell our stuff, but in this case, you can still sell your stuff while questing/pking etc and by your name it'd have a pouch symbol to show you are selling something. That way you dont have to hurry with dailies, make alts just to store your goods. And yes I'm aware of the comission shops but that takes coin just to operate otherwise everyone would have a tab with their name on it.

I'm all for those mentioning a "flee" even a "armor dye - option" course with the armor dye I'd least like it to be just that an option not a terribly expensive market for the cashers to gloat. Perhaps a "quest" to obtain dye tickets for dyeing gears. Seems fair ground.

I'm sure more will add great ideas! :D

I forgot to post on the armour dye post that the dyes were made with items farmed in game and the better your crafting skill the better the dye color you made. Therefore encouraging people to lvl their in game skills. b:thanks
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Lets see so many features from Guild Wars 2 that I love.

The transmutation of armor/weapon skins. Also the decomposing of different weapons/armors unlocking said skins for usage whenever you want. I say this first because as a R9S3 archer, my armor looks like absolute TRASH. I really wish you'd impliment China's diety r9s3 skins on our server with the same cost so I could actually bear to look at my toon without fashion. Along with this, armor dyes. In *** you can dye your armor at will whenever you want. Dyes can still be purchased and what not but once you've used that color once you always have it, on all characters.

World vs World, honestly a mass PvP instance I can enter and leave as I choose is excellent. I don't mind being bound to a certain time but the fact that PWI's TW map could change in the hours that I leave for work and come back and am sleeping; honestly excites me a lot. It would bring so much more fun to TW and more unpredictability.

I also really love the map, when you're just scrolling through it, zooming in and out to show details and what not. I also really like getting a reward for map completion; coins, items, armor/weapons for completing a map or a section of it. It gives players incentive to go out and do things rather than just stand afk after dailies are done.
This discussion has been closed.