ok, answer me this question if arc is so good for the game

2»

Comments

• Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Agreed. I even started a thread on it (previously mentioned within this thread), and have covered it in detail, along with ways to work around using Arc. (You don't HAVE to have that blessing to play, it's just a nice bonus.)

Sweetiebot, please award Jarkhen - Archosaur 10 points for telling it how it is.

If you've been on the forums, you guys should know that I know what the hell I'm talking about 98% of the time when it comes to the client, the way things work, and the way the company handles things.

If you can't see past your tin foil hat, get the hell off the internet. Seriously. Going to Amazon.com will give you more tracking cookies than the Arc platform does.

For a man with so much knowledge it surprises me that you go straight to insults.
    My original question was posted in a stickied thread for that purpose.
    Nowhere did I say it was for malicious intent.

It was some very simple questions, what info is in the network spikes that is sent every 20 seconds? is it normal? and why is there an additional 1-2% cpu activity after closing the game?.
    and please do not tell me its because of the additional processes/services I know that bit its what are they actually doing. e.g. Polling for software interrupts maybe?

As I said in my above post any answer would have been fine for me, even if it was not what I wanted to hear.

Nowhere in your prior thread are these questions answered directly, so the question was asked in a thread created by Sparkie for that purpose and never answered before the thread was un stickied after that post there were over 800 views but not one answer before it was removed, am I frustrated at the lack of info? yep and that may be reflected in how I post sometimes, sorry.

You could have posted an answer then, but I suppose you must have assumed I am anti Arc for the wrong reasons, I hope I have cleared that up in my prior post above and I am sorry if I gave that impression

A very wise Psychologist once told me that a person who is right 98% of the time often forgets they are wrong 2% of the time.

So if you know the answer to my questions then just tell me please without the insults, thats all I ask.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Well said, sir.

Sweetiebot, please award Jarkhen - Archosaur 10 points for truth.

as a mod I expected better than just personal attacks for no reason or ill informed, incomplete information.

Now that I got the offended bit out of the way,lol.

The point is in backing up someone who obviously has not read everything I have posted since I started this game in 2009 (actually I started on the malaysian server before then) has made you lose face in my eyes and insulting me by awarding to points to someone else for being rude when I express an opinion, shows that you are not reading my actual words but are judging me by by what you would have meant had you wrote those posts and why you would have wrote them in the first place.

I was just beginning to like you after all these years watching you be rude to others lol.
    Its a shame in my eyes.
    I have now posted 2 more posts in this same thread in which if you read carefully I have clarified my position about Arc.

Tacitly giving permission by not deliberately killing the workarounds shows someone may be listening and I hold hope that one day things will change for the better and at no point have I told anyone else not to play the game because of Arc, so what your personal problem with me then?.

All I did was point out that other posters should answer legitimate questions without insults.

But this led to a whole heap of attempted personal character assassination instead of any constructive posts about the lack of response from PWI and once again you guys have missed the point.

So what do you do, you join them well done for a mod, you could have/should have pointed out that the other posters were being rude by suggesting that others are unable to find the information themselves too, but nooo you choose to insult me when I suggest there is a more mature way of dealing with things, that sounds personal to me, what have I ever done to you?

What do I want done about it , Nothing. No Point idiots will always believe what they want no matter what you say, lol.

Just if you have nothing constructive to say except insults then do us all a favor and say nothing, at least then you would not look so silly in my eyes at the very least.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Allow me to quote Jarkhen since it seems you absolutely missed his post:
    You would think someone with that kind of background would be more familiar with how things work on the internet. Namely, that nobody gives a damn what you (claim to) do for a living. Other people may say they're not judging... well, I am. I judge by what I see, not by what qualifications you may or may not actually have, and what I have seen is you sounding like an idiot.

Arc is not "dangerous" in the way that you and your tinfoil hat buddy seem to enjoy claiming. I would tell you to crack out Wireshark and look for yourself to see, but you're a "Microsoft OEM Partner" (which, by the way, is a title reserved for organizations, not the individuals operating within them) doing all this fancy work for 44 years now (which puts you at, what, 60+?) so you should already know that yes?

Do I like Arc? Not really, I preferred the old website method for redeeming stuff, and unnecessary programs in general aren't my cup of tea, but other than opening it on rare occasion to spam myself with blessings I never even have to use Arc (nor does it run on startup since they give you a clear option to disable that) so it's not that much of a hassle.

Kindly take your BS elsewhere b:bye

See the bolded lightblue sentence up there? then:
    -snipped stuff-
    One last comment, if anyone has a reason to feel paranoid it would be me. lol.
    I have actually been paid $38000 Aust dollars compensation for being locked up 3 times because of a misconception by the State Government of Tasmania and probably have more reasons to be suspicious than most of the conspiracy theorists out there, lol.
    -other snipped stuff-

If you are so cautious about everything now, do as we already suggested, answered, and even posted guides on for uninstalling Arc and still playing the game. Or is the 30 atk level blessing for an MMORPG worth risking to go to jail for, again, for the 4th time? Smells like b/s to me in all honesty.

Along with 44 years of experience you, Selak, (I'll just name you since quoting you is appearantly insulting too) still double-post, misread posts, and feel "insulted" by every post that comes after yours when they don't even mention you. The insults started from your end by attacking Hisi 2 pages back who did nothing but state facts about Arc, yet you felt personally assaulted. That you are, as result, not being catered to like a royal forumposter is merely a welcome to the internet, where experience, backgrounds and other certificates don't mean a thing. Only your posts count, and they haven't shown much promise.
    As an excellent example of your hypocriticsm:

I was just beginning to like you after all these years watching you be rude to others lol.

You don't want answers, you only want us to think about Arc and its background activity? ([insert quote of your 1st post in this thread])
    Too bad, most of us who are aware of such things don't even have Arc installed anymore because that's what a work-around is for. Stack up a few blessings and you're fine for months on end. Others just don't care, at all.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    Simple answer.

post #13 My first reactive statement made because of no answer when question asked in the correct stickied thread and in the correct format and where in this post do I quote/refer to anyone, I actually agreed with the last poster and then asked the next most obvious question what does it do then, if not that? I do agree I could have worded it better then, in rereading my own post and understanding how my posts have been interpreted, Point taken.

post #15 My post quoted and the obvious explained to me with no knowledge of anything about me.

Post #16 My reply, that you should not judge a book by its cover.

Is this simple enough for you.

Yep, I agree, I started this np, I am sorry then.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Edit: I had a wall of text but upon seeing that you understand where you went wrong it became redundant. Thus I leave this here instead.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Edit: I had a wall of text but upon seeing that you understand where you went wrong it became redundant. Thus I leave this here instead.
    Thank you Kossy.

This is my personal opinion, requoted from prior post

In not giving me the choice it shows that, they just do not give a damn about the users personal wants, what we may want, is not important to the Devs and this is the real problem, when the Devs are telling you whats good for you and not listening to what you may wish to pay for in the their game, it will inevitably lead to premature game closure and that would be a shame.

Note the word shame, you people are not the only ones to love and want this game to go on for as long as possible.

Actually I will add one more statement.
    Tell me honestly that the player number drop in NW and on the streets of Dreamweaver since the goons and later glitches were so badly handled, plus introduction of Arc is not real, and I am dreaming when I watch over my mates shoulder every weekend on Dreamweaver and see how much it has dropped since I last played.

I did not actually leave this game because of Arc by the way it was at the time of the plus 10 orb fiasco cheaters need to be seen to be punished and all advantages removed and it did not happen therefore cheats always prosper was my actual reason and I do not cheat so will always be at a disadvantage.
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    I did not actually leave this game because of Arc by the way it was at the time of the plus 10 orb fiasco cheaters need to be seen to be punished and all advantages removed and it did not happen therefore cheats always prosper was my actual reason and I do not cheat so will always be at a disadvantage.

This is one of the biggest problems that myself, and most others I talk with, have with what this company does.

Comparing during Dvorak's time where bans were real and relevant, exploiters were actively punished, and reports were visibly taken care of to whoever reported them (as in, if you reported someone for breaking ToS back then with appropriate evidence you'd SEE results ingame) and now where... well... we have things like people selling what's supposed to be an account-bound item and getting away with it? It's inexcusable and, unlike development related things, PWE has total and complete control over this.

... Yet instead of doing what needs to be done, they're standing back passively and letting more and more people decide to ignore the ToS. Heck, that attitude even carries over to the forums where I, and other mods, have received many PMs from people who were outraged that we had the gall to enforce the rules here... because they're apparently so used to the rules not applying to them.

Even though I dislike Arc and don't agree with it, I can tolerate it (though I actively avoid using it when possible) and I think someone posted a link somewhere about how PWI moved to the Arc platform more because of some impending lawsuit they wanted to avoid than because they really wanted to. So with that in mind, it's understandable and I'd probably just suck it up and begrudgingly deal with it if they ever found a way to disable the workarounds. BUT that acceptance would only be if they started dealing with all the other **** they've screwed up that they have full control of and should have been dealing with long ago.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2014
    I absolutely agree with every word you said and when they can demonstrate that they can deal with cheats effectively I will return with my time and money ingame and find my own way of dealing with Arc, till then I hope you all have fun and will have lots of new exiciting things to explain to an old returning noob if it ever happens.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    when they can demonstrate that they can deal with cheats effectively I will return with my time and money ingame

As sad as I am to say it, I expect that will never happen. I had some brief hope when Val was here, as he was trying to get some things cleaned up and I saw some effectiveness from the ticket system on certain rule-breaking issues... but even that is gone now. I'd always been one of the people to quickly reply with "submit a ticket" when people came here with problems but they have now shown that they no longer care even about any problem the game causes let alone anyone cheating.

And the impression I get now when I visit the forums is that our new CM feels that the issues can be fixed by placating us with multiple new events.

I know the staff is limited, but I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of help for legitimate issues, and since they won't even do that I don't expect cheaters to ever get punished again. It's sad when the people that run the game don't seem to have an ounce of caring for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    sontzu wrote: »

Not sure why it has ever been claimed by pwe that arc is needed because of lawsuits to do with pando or w/e

Wasn't their claim. Someone else posted a link about it since PWE tends to avoid going into detail about these sorts of things with us nowadays. If whoever found out hadn't done the research for us, then I doubt anyone would have ever been told.
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    sontzu wrote: »

pwe are trying to run their servers on the cheap. Oh wait, I guess I just answered my own question... xD

On the one hand, I shouldn't laugh... on the other hand it gets tiring having to defend PWE so often when there's plenty they do I take issue with and that part was hilarious. b:laugh
  • theusurper
    theusurper Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    wow, i haven't been here since the day i posted this. looks like the internet rambos still like to tell you how crazy you are for not agreeing with them (guess i shouldn't be surprised since those trolls are probably aged from 10 to 25). the personal information i referred to in my original post, was sight traveling, any key stroke information they think they may require, that type of info. those were not tin foil hat types of concerns, but children don't try to understand an adult's concerns. they try and brow beat anyone they don't try to understand, but they sure do want us adults trying to understand when it's their concerns they are expressing.

yep, i'm a crackpot. i petition lawmakers to put an end to this type of "information gathering", i write to companies asking them to stop auto updates, to prevent hackers from placing viruses automatically into comps. because i recognize that digitally there is no such thing as 100% secure. i know exactly what a firewall is, it's the screen door you leave open for the breeze that keeps the bugs out. antiviruses and malware programs, the boot you use to step on the bug that came through the hole in the screen door IF YOU SEE IT. i'll let you little wing nuts whine and complain about the things you choose to accept now, and then bite you in the **** later, because you choose to ignore them as you always do until then. but you little idiots wouldn't understand the phrase "its the principle of the thing that matters" until you've been f'd over a couple times. you just wanna bully people from safety.

oh, and i have this laptop now, and i have implemented the best security in the world on it. there is a firewall (i don't care how good it is) there is an anti virus, and there is a malware program. that isn't even my security, i store personal info on removable storage and remove it from laptop when it isn't needed. when i am not using my laptop i turn it off and close the top, so i don't see me and my current fling on any **** sites. oh yeah, when i'm not using the net i disconnect from the web. hard to get at whats not there. these things i have always done even prior to posting my concern on this sight.

oh yeah, i only logged in because the sight asked me if the computer amazing-gf was mine and ended up changing the password. all these new programs for security, and they still have people hacking accounts. don't bother trying to get a rise out of me, more than probably won't be back until this type of programming is removed, we all know the likelihood of that. enjoy your insignificant opinions afterward.

now look at these paragraphs as the picture so you can see the lines connecting them i am not going to write a book so you understand me
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Necro gods of the universe cast off this disgrace from our forums and strike thee across thy face for such an abomination.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    theusurper wrote: »
    wow, i haven't been here since the day i posted this. looks like the internet rambos still like to tell you how crazy you are for not agreeing with them (guess i shouldn't be surprised since those trolls are probably aged from 10 to 25). the personal information i referred to in my original post, was sight traveling, any key stroke information they think they may require, that type of info. those were not tin foil hat types of concerns, but children don't try to understand an adult's concerns. they try and brow beat anyone they don't try to understand, but they sure do want us adults trying to understand when it's their concerns they are expressing.

yep, i'm a crackpot. i petition lawmakers to put an end to this type of "information gathering", i write to companies asking them to stop auto updates, to prevent hackers from placing viruses automatically into comps. because i recognize that digitally there is no such thing as 100% secure. i know exactly what a firewall is, it's the screen door you leave open for the breeze that keeps the bugs out. antiviruses and malware programs, the boot you use to step on the bug that came through the hole in the screen door IF YOU SEE IT. i'll let you little wing nuts whine and complain about the things you choose to accept now, and then bite you in the **** later, because you choose to ignore them as you always do until then. but you little idiots wouldn't understand the phrase "its the principle of the thing that matters" until you've been f'd over a couple times. you just wanna bully people from safety.

oh, and i have this laptop now, and i have implemented the best security in the world on it. there is a firewall (i don't care how good it is) there is an anti virus, and there is a malware program. that isn't even my security, i store personal info on removable storage and remove it from laptop when it isn't needed. when i am not using my laptop i turn it off and close the top, so i don't see me and my current fling on any **** sites. oh yeah, when i'm not using the net i disconnect from the web. hard to get at whats not there. these things i have always done even prior to posting my concern on this sight.

oh yeah, i only logged in because the sight asked me if the computer amazing-gf was mine and ended up changing the password. all these new programs for security, and they still have people hacking accounts. don't bother trying to get a rise out of me, more than probably won't be back until this type of programming is removed, we all know the likelihood of that. enjoy your insignificant opinions afterward.

now look at these paragraphs as the picture so you can see the lines connecting them i am not going to write a book so you understand me

So, did you install gentoo yet? Or are you still running that delicious data-mining windows? Did you log in to facebook, or no wait, just visiting the site is enough for them to track what you do, and/or any other sites (also google) that also tracks what you're doing?
    Or simply put; connected to the internet, at all?
    Enjoy your false sense of privacy, though.
    I think what you should do is read the ToS of about any piece of software you install, then see how many things do the exact same thing; send userdata.

Dat necro doe​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Nice. Useless rant and a necro. Closed.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.