PWI PvP Tournament [Now with sign-up dates in red]

Options

Comments

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Using offense/defense index in addition to factoring in soul force (psychic skills, etc.) is probably the best way to go about it.

Edit: Maybe spirit as well. Forgot that's new.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You know, you could easily solve your "gear" difference issues by making people wear the same gear. Like, tt99 for example. That will be fun :P
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ''Right now, we have a rough outline.

R999 +10 and up
    g16 & R999 +9 and lower
    Level 95-100 with no more than 7 refines
    94 and lower with no more than 7 refines
    Mid bracket of some levels we haven't decided on yet''

If I'm R999 with a +10 weapon and +8 gears, in what category will I be put?

A lot of R999 people doesn't have the same refine on gears/weapon.

A lot of people like me with a +10 R999 weapon, but +7-8 gears fit in 2 categories.

And what about the +10-12 G16? they can't participate?

Also does the lvl 95-100 and 94 and lower allow rebirth people that didn't reach back lvl 100 yet or it's for non-rebirth people? Cause someone RB twice at lvl95 would one shot a non-RB lvl 95 nvm the gears/weap. (without counting that RB can use R999 and G16 and non-RB can only use TT or mold gears.

Not sure how we're going to split up weapon/gear, but I'm open to options. As for g16 +10-12, they will of course be put in some sort of bracket. Right now we're focused on the highest bracket, but like I said before, any ideas you all have let me know.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    - R9rr +11/12 with endgame shards (Vit stones, JOSD, Deity etc.) being a tier of its own

This probably needs to happen. Granted, if it does, certain classes will be hella limited (I'm thinking mainly cleric for HL as there would be exactly one cleric that qualifies for this), but would make it more interesting in the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'd agree with using soulforce + offense/defense index + spirit (if that's not now incorporated into the indexes, idk) as a qualifier for this. It avoids the ambiguity that arises where you might have someone with +12 wep but +5 armor (or vice versa) that completely throws your "gear brackets" out the window.

I'd throw in my votes for 5v5 with a 15-20 minute timer (though I'd personally prefer 10v10 w/ 20-25 minute timer honestly, even if it means you have to expand the brackets a bit).

Also, extremely happy to see how quickly suggestions were incorporated here, and I'm also glad to see you weren't discouraged by the ample amount of irrational QQ being thrown around.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What if, to decide on which bracket one enters, a damage test was done? The participant would hit the GM and be hit by him (NPC gear perhaps?) a few times to define the ammount of damage they deal and receive. Participants would be separated by offensive and defensive averages. I might be forgetting something here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    How will the ties be decided?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    How will the ties be decided?

The one with the most HP will win, if same hp then prolly the one that did struggle the less, example a cleric and archer, if the archer DD non-stop on the cleric and the cleric stand 5 minutes healing himself without DDing then the archer will be the winner. (I assume)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The one with the most HP will win, if same hp then prolly the one that did struggle the less, example a cleric and archer, if the archer DD non-stop on the cleric and the cleric stand 5 minutes healing himself without DDing then the archer will be the winner. (I assume)

Pretty sure cleric would've been disqualified under the rules. There's a difference between waiting on cds to set up another combo and just spam healing yourself the entire time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Replies in red.
    Ask for it again? I'd wager that there are a multitude of reasons pwe could get it back temporarily.

What about people like me, i have g16 armor, g15 pants, a r8 wep, and it still doesnt deal with things like primal passives/spirit where someone who rebirthed so they have a decently high spirit/passive lvl, but lower tier gears getting a pretty clear advantage.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The other thing to note here, of course, is that since you're initially only doing a top-tier thing as a pilot for future PvP events, you don't really need to worry too much about the bracket requirements yet (outside of the potential for a separate server where everyone has equal gear, etc., which I strongly encourage you to continue to consider). Anyone who's too low geared will just get slaughtered anyway and you don't have to worry about putting someone in a bracket lower than they should be in.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    When the game wasn't so broken and the biggest CS'ers were r8 with +10 gears..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpN4DBnxqMw

These events surely can't have open-world spectators in this day and age. You won't even know if they help out either team in a 5v5 format. Try using the PvP arena for this event, even though it hasn't been working for as long as PWI has existed.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Sparkie updated saying its no longer 1v1 but either will be 3v3 or 5v5, i was just wondering how the ties will be deicide in a group situation. If it was worked out as a percentage of hp, then if we have 3v3 full hp would be 300% on all 3 players. So if one side has 2 players killed but their 3rd player has 100% hp and all 3 of the other team have 20% hp left (60% total) which team wins? Or if it ends on 3vs1 does the 3 win cause they have more players?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    If you want a true PVP event. Give everyone "event gear" (timed of course) with same refines, and comparable stats to what r9rr is now.. This will even out all the complaints. (Dont tell me you cant create gear, we have already seen the screen shots of the capes.)

You shouldnt create events where the heavy cash shoppers have the obvious advantage.
    More time should have been put into arranging this event then coming right out and giving a date. It is obvious there will be complications and people calling shenanigans on an event where more thought wasn't put into it.
    NGTUy53.png

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    If you want a true PVP event. Give everyone "event gear" (timed of course) with same refines, and comparable stats to what r9rr is now.. This will even out all the complaints. (Dont tell me you cant create gear, we have already seen the screen shots of the capes.)

You shouldnt create events where the heavy cash shoppers have the obvious advantage.
    More time should have been put into arranging this event then coming right out and giving a date. It is obvious there will be complications and people calling shenanigans on an event where more thought wasn't put into it.

If you're referring to the cape currently sitting in my bank, then that item was already in the database. It's been in-game since they've had trophy modes for frost. It's not something PWI developed independently. They aren't the dev house.

Getting everyone in the same gear and on a brand new server for this event is not possible. We don't have the tools and we're more than likely not going to get support from China anyways.

The dev house is in China and China isn't helping with this unfortunately.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I won't post from my main to avoid trolls and the thread going off topic. There should be an event like this for the elite players of each server. I remember back when the group pk/pve event was held, killing a boss in the fastest time and then followed by a pk event. Back then I was only a lowly r8+3 char. Although of course I was no where near well geared enough to participate with the server elites I didn't get butt hurt about it. Instead, it made me aspire to be one of the players who was able to call themselves one of the top geared players in the server. Of course there are always people who will have better gear, but allowing teams to be made, separates the people who just have nice gear from those who have nice gear and know how to play. As an endgame, experienced player it's not hard to separate the two.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Important to remember, guys, that it's not just about being technically able to make a new server and whatnot for this either -- PWE also has legal restrictions to deal with as to what they can and can't do.

Short of equalizing things that way, the best option at this point in my opinion is a straight 10v10, no restrictions:

Charms may be used.
    Apoth may be used.
    Genie may be used.
    Defense charms may be used.
    Gear may be swapped mid-fight.
    If you die, you're out -- no resurrection from mystic buff or cleric.

20 minute timer. As before, milking the timer (e.g. by sitting in stealth) results in a disqualification. I would wait until the end of a fight before making a timer disqualification, because sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between that and waiting for cds. Non-stealth timer camping shouldn't much of an issue with a group pk format.

10v10 instead of 5v5 or 3v3 allows for a lot more squad support and coordination, and waters down things like a sin's absurd effectiveness against individual targets or the potential for a 3/5-squad of the top geared people on the server to just roll everyone else without much effort.

Whether you allow flying is up to you -- I can see arguments either way. If not, perhaps consider something like the Tournament map (currently used for the weekly event on Thursday) as a potential "arena?"

Specify a date and time, give people a week or two to submit squads (should include gear descriptions), and then post the qualified squads (removing those deemed too undergeared, which really just has to be a subjective decision at this point).
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demon_monk - Sanctuary
    Demon_monk - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Use Soulforce to determine, but to avoid ppl changing gears in mid fight, have all gms take screenies of ppl using wat gear and record soul force of the gear and stuff they using, and if they not Rebirth, then have those fight that are not and if rb 1 then make only rb1 fights and so onb:pleased
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Those rules are a lot better, and I vote for 5vs5 groups.

However, couldn't you do the even in the afternoon? At 10am most people are working, I think...

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Replies in red.
    ''Right now, we have a rough outline.

R999 +10 and up
    g16 & R999 +9 and lower
    Level 95-100 with no more than 7 refines
    94 and lower with no more than 7 refines
    Mid bracket of some levels we haven't decided on yet''

If I'm R999 with a +10 weapon and +8 gears, in what category will I be put?

A lot of R999 people doesn't have the same refine on gears/weapon.

A lot of people like me with a +10 R999 weapon, but +7-8 gears fit in 2 categories.
    R999 JOSD + NW gear
    Weapon+12, gear +7s

I wonder where those would be categorized >.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited May 2014
    Options
    R999 JOSD + NW gear
    Weapon+12, gear +7s

I wonder where those would be categorized >.>;;

Well I'm pretty sure I'm not enough geared to be with the end game people, I don't have NW item or anything, but I'm prolly too geared for the G16 people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver
    Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    i 100% love the current rules and level brackets. Its so beautiful how the Rank 9 players spend all that money on gear and weps, Only to be One shotted by even Biger and badder Rank 9 players, The ones with a problem with this is the lower-level refined R9 players who (as pathetic as this may sound) are Upset that they dont have anyone to One shot anymore. So of course they would complain. My guess is that their going to go by the Highest piece of Gear that you have on. Anyone with Grade 16 Gear would prolly be put against other Grade 16. Which means Rank9. Which would make all of the people Running around with TT90 Gear with g16 weps feel kinda silly to say the least.
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Well I'm pretty sure I'm not enough geared to be with the end game people, I don't have NW item or anything, but I'm prolly too geared for the G16 people.

there are a lot of people that fit into the "too strong for one but too weak for another" category, I'm too waek to fight g16, but thanks to passives i can cruise the lower teirs.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Sparkie updated saying its no longer 1v1 but either will be 3v3 or 5v5, i was just wondering how the ties will be deicide in a group situation. If it was worked out as a percentage of hp, then if we have 3v3 full hp would be 300% on all 3 players. So if one side has 2 players killed but their 3rd player has 100% hp and all 3 of the other team have 20% hp left (60% total) which team wins? Or if it ends on 3vs1 does the 3 win cause they have more players?

Sparkie also said that now everything will be allowed. So, I doubt anyone will finish with hp so low, and if one team ends with less players ofc that one is going to lose.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    10AM-Noon is frankly an awful decision.... you do realize that most people are working during that time period? Please try to go for at least late afternoon.

Also... 250 gold is ridiculously high as a reward. On Heaven's Tear server, that's the equivalent of handing someone 687 million in game coins. Why not make it 250 event gold? Or 50 normal gold. Or a mount or flyer or something. But please, please scale it down a little from that insanely high amount.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    10AM-Noon is frankly an awful decision.... you do realize that most people are working during that time period? Please try to go for at least late afternoon.

Also... 250 gold is ridiculously high as a reward. On Heaven's Tear server, that's the equivalent of handing someone 687 million in game coins. Why not make it 250 event gold? Or 50 normal gold. Or a mount or flyer or something. But please, please scale it down a little from that insanely high amount.

For a 1v1 competition, I would agree. Since it's now going to be split among 3 or 5 (or 10, by my preference) people, I'd say it's not that unreasonable.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    For a 1v1 competition, I would agree. Since it's now going to be split among 3 or 5 (or 10, by my preference) people, I'd say it's not that unreasonable.

Well sparkie haven't said anything about the prize been split (or I did miss it), but yes event golds would be more reasonable than real golds or a flyer of the choice btw all the flyers AVAILABLE in our version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Well sparkie haven't said anything about the prize been split (or I did miss it), but yes event golds would be more reasonable than real golds or a flyer of the choice btw all the flyers AVAILABLE in our version.

You missed it. He said it'd be split between the five winners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    -If we do it this way, the grand prize still remains, which means the winning team would have to split it with each individual.

/5char
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    max 1 healer in squad and 1 barb. the time would take to kill if more of these classes is significant higher.

GL Killing 2EP + 2WB + 1 Other class in 15 mins :D, with Charms.