Scheduled Arc Maintenance 5/29

Options
2»

Comments

• _mandorallen - Sanctuary
    _mandorallen - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Quote/ If additional time is needed, we will provide up-to-date information through our social channels, /Quote

i see... thats how u are going to "improve" the communication with ur playerbase, just like u choose to ignore the threads about the +10 Orb price...

thx alot for all the false promises
  • mipewe
    mipewe Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

W

A

I

T

I

N

G

----====> -=>b:angryb:angryb:angry <=
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Maintenance has started. I will post back when we get updated that everything is working.
  • _mandorallen - Sanctuary
    _mandorallen - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    i thought it was said that PWI would be down too?... there must be a very BIG communication problem goin on... are u sure u all over there talk the same language?
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yeah PWI is up and running but I dont wanna start doing Morai dailies incase...
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    i thought it was said that PWI would be down too?... there must be a very BIG communication problem goin on... are u sure u all over there talk the same language?

Ever think maybe they are doing it in stages instead of one big lump? They are probably doing the Arc update then will do the server update. At least that is my guess.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Would still be nice to know when the servers will actually go down.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yeah PWI is up and running but I dont wanna start doing Morai dailies incase...

Morai dailies, base quests, nuema runs are not really a problem in my opinion

But aba/sot weekly, FSP, UCH, lunar, PV should maybe not be started now yeah
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Funniest thing is Arc didnt work for a while and now it works again...?

• sparkiesoft
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ya it looks like the maintenance is complete. All games, minus Cryptic games, should be functioning. If you come across any Arc related issues, let me know and we'll investigate.
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    didnt u say there were some server alterations/fixes or w/e hence why servers would be down as well? whens that gonna happen?
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ya it looks like the maintenance is complete. All games, minus Cryptic games, should be functioning. If you come across any Arc related issues, let me know and we'll investigate.

The following sites and services will be offline during this period

All Arcgames.com pages
    Perfect World Entertainment Titles (Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and Champions Online will remain online)

So, does this mean that holding off on completing anything in game for three hours for this supposed maintenance for PW to go down was unnecessary? b:angry
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • potatoking
    potatoking Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    so maint is finish? does that mean we can start BH/FSP/Lunar etc??? i don't want to see a server reset middle of the run... so server don't need to go down for the maintenant?
  • sparkiesoft
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The following sites and services will be offline during this period

All Arcgames.com pages
    Perfect World Entertainment Titles (Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and Champions Online will remain online)

So, does this mean that holding off on completing anything in game for three hours for this supposed maintenance for PW to go down was unnecessary? b:angry

Maintenance was only supposed to last an hour, if that, but we had to give a 4 hour window in case anything went wrong. It appears however, that someone found a way to magically do maintenance without having to pull the servers offline until the very last minute, and for only a few minutes. It was to my understanding that during this time, everything should have been unavailable, but as you see that was not the case. Everything was only unavailable for 10 minutes at most.

I'm just as confused as all of you.

Edit: And to answer the last post, yes the servers should not be going down after this. I'll post here. along with FB/Twitter if that changes, but so far I haven't heard anything.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Servers never went down, only Arc did for 10 minutes or so.

• Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Maintenance was only supposed to last an hour, if that, but we had to give a 4 hour window in case anything went wrong. It appears however, that someone found a way to magically do maintenance without having to pull the servers offline until the very last minute, and for only a few minutes. It was to my understanding that during this time, everything should have been unavailable, but as you see that was not the case. Everything was only unavailable for 10 minutes at most.

Edit: And to answer the last post, yes the servers should not be going down after this. I'll post here. along with FB/Twitter if that changes, but so far I haven't heard anything.

In the end you're treated like us all. No communication at all.
    Thanks for doing your best, Sparkie
  • jusharen
    jusharen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    still the servers offline?
  • Yorisa - Sanctuary
    Yorisa - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    jusharen wrote: »
    still the servers offline?

Jusharen, the samething happen to me, when arc was finished DLing, it said i was timed out from logging in. Just close out arc and run arc again, it should work.
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Jusharen, the samething happen to me, when arc was finished DLing, it said i was timed out from logging in. Just close out arc and run arc again, it should work.

Nope, can't log in, keeps saying has timed out and, of course, check MY connection. Well, it's not my connection, it's ARC's connection. I'll reiterate what the MAJORITY of players have suggested, once Arc is installed shouldn't have to run it to run the game. Also, we shouldn't have to make a walkaround to run the game without running Arc. I know Sparkie you are just passing along what info they(Arc/PWE) are giving you, so thank you for trying to keep us informed. Hopefully, before the day is out, I'll be able to do check ins at least. b:sad
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Looks like i can log in now, but after like the fourth try. Have a good day everyone! b:thanksb:bye
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot please report server status.

Thanks,
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Sweetiebot please report server status.
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 578ms)
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 118ms)
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 108ms)
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 222ms)

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 96ms)
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 135ms)
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): ONLINE (Ping: 65ms)

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): ONLINE (Ping: 327ms)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451