PWI PvP Tournament [Now with sign-up dates in red]

Options

Comments

• Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So a draw is decided by how much hp someone has? Is this the actual amount of hp they have or the % of hp remaining? Not being funny but barbs can have 50k+ hp where as clerics mystics psys and such probably struggle getting past 20k with self buffs.

Just for the record barbs can now have over 60k HP self buffed with full JOSD, 67k+ on vits... And yes, we have one of those xD Lucky enough, in my same faction :P
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Sparkie, try playing the game and see exactly how difficult it is to take down a top-tiered player with various, equally-geared characters. My +11 bow does 2k dmg on 47k+ HP barbs. This game is severely unbalanced in ways you don't even understand. We've had PLAYER-run tournaments back when the power creep was manageable, but six years of broken classes, skills, and OP gears will just reward the highest spender and be dreadfully boring at that.

You have no idea what you're getting into, but good luck with it. Simple marketing ploys to generate excitement for the community probably won't work given the "softball" approach you're proposing.

Solution: Create a tournament server with custom settings, equal gear, shards, and on a custom PvP map (look up the PWIC tourney that was hosted ONCE, lol). But since no one knows how to even modify boutique templates at PWE, fat chance of that happening, eh?

How do you expect to determine low- and mid-tier people when they can simply switch gears mid-fight? Edit: A ring can make quite a difference with minimal visual effect (stats), which could be game-changing at lower tiers of competition. I'd do that if zen were on the line with no remorse, given the lack of substantial punishment given to serious glitchers in the past.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Pre Gratz to the sins with elmination on each server .
    fixed it.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So a draw is decided by how much hp someone has? Is this the actual amount of hp they have or the % of hp remaining? Not being funny but barbs can have 50k+ hp where as clerics mystics psys and such probably struggle getting past 20k with self buffs.
    I would imagine it would be calculated by % hp remaining. I mean, that only makes sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeaCups - Dreamweaver
    SeaCups - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ohhhh Ahhhh

Higher geared people first?

Snoozefest

Why not just have an event for everyone with the same equal type of gear.

This catering to the same people all the time is tiring.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    They should allow all pots, def/att charms and cards, there's a lot of people that without their cards cannot use their gears and tbh it's not like there was 100 people with the nuema set.

But for the HP charm I do understand why it's not allowed.

Have any of you ever tried to kill a total end game geared charmed barb? I know a lot of people that can't even pk botting end game barbs cause they reach 50k hp and have charms and those barbs are AFK and hard as **** to kill, so imagine a none AFK charmed end game barb that can defend himself and turtle.

That go too much with classes, if charms are allowed then GG majority of the winners will be end game barbs, if charms aren't allowed then it could be clerics/mystics.

In all case charms allowed or not it would make it unfair for some classes.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Is it really that hard to set up a separate server, give all equally maxed gears and pit skill vs skill and allow the full range of pvp mechanics to be used?

This.

There is no possible way to make this fair and an actual test of SKILL without gearing people equally. No matter what you choose as criteria for "high geared players," the cash shoppers win in this competition.

You also cannot say "no cards" unless you provide gear, since many people have statted so that they cannot wear their gear without cards. And honestly using duels is silly because it isn't a true test of PvP skill. Normal PvP has skill differences that duels do not.

It's very hard for you to make a competition like this work for everyone, so if you are going to offer a high prize like that I suggest you find a way to do it in some sort of arena with gear sets given out for each fight. If you choose to continue on with this method, make the main prize a mount or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Options
    SO question for everyone, do ya'll want equal availability of primal skills & passives, or would you rather fight without them?

I'm partial to fighting without them, they kinda ****ed with my undine, and people need to fix that so I'm not an archer with 1 physical skill and less utitly D:

OH lets play a game, How would you all do the tourney if you had the power?

Charms, heiro, farmable/aeu pots, flying, hp/mp food all available
    A cards only
    No primal passives/skills, but everyone gets all their culti skills
    +12 2nd cast r9 because purify proc shenanigans (Or Chinese r9 with no purify)
    red hat & cape & g16 necks, NW-cast rings (both elemental & physical on the last 2 to give people options)
    everyone's 105 I guess, maybe 105/105/105 if that's feasible
    best 2/3
    Make it cross server for everyone who reaches the semi-finalists cause why not, but i mean each server gets its own tournament when that gets through everyone who reached semifinals then goes up against each other
    3 100/100 genies for everyone and max lvl genie stuff of choice

OHH the first part consists of an free for all battle royal where the last 16 players standing get to participate(assuming more than 16 players sign up)

I'm probably forgetting something but ehh

Side note, my moneys on the players being able to come up with a better tourney than the staff. but i dont trust them to make toast well so there's that.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    SO question for everyone, do ya'll want equal availability of primal skills & passives, or would you rather fight without them?

I'm partial to fighting without them, they kinda ****ed with my undine, and people need to fix that so I'm not an archer with 1 physical skill and less utitly D:

OH lets play a game, How would you all do the tourney if you had the power?

Charms, heiro, farmable/aeu pots, flying, hp/mp food all available
    A cards only
    No primal passives/skills, but everyone gets all their culti skills
    +12 2nd cast r9 because purify proc shenanigans (Or Chinese r9 with no purify)
    red hat & cape & g16 necks, NW-cast rings (both elemental & physical on the last 2 to give people options)
    everyone's 105 I guess, maybe 105/105/105 if that's feasible
    best 2/3
    Make it cross server for everyone who reaches the semi-finalists cause why not, but i mean each server gets its own tournament when that gets through everyone who reached semifinals then goes up against each other
    3 100/100 genies for everyone and max lvl genie stuff of choice

OHH the first part consists of an free for all battle royal where the last 16 players standing get to participate(assuming more than 16 players sign up)

I'm probably forgetting something but ehh

Side note, my moneys on the players being able to come up with a better tourney than the staff. but i dont trust them to make toast well so there's that.

If I could choose, I would choose no primal skills or passives because before this expansion the game was in my opinion close to balanced. All that was needed to do was to nerf a little bit purify spell, and then it would had been perfect.
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    in principle i love the idea, it is great!

but..DUEL mode, meaning no MP charms: clerics that get the idea to use plumeshell will die automatically after 2 hits, because they have no more mana after 2 or 3 endgame hits. i am getting the feeling that you guys never actually played this game. b:shocked

i would suggest that you ask actual players that pk a lot what modalities should be implemented into the tournament rules, to get something that is as fair as possible. ;)
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I would imagine it would be calculated by % hp remaining. I mean, that only makes sense.

Thats what i would assume, but this is pwi we are talking about here... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    DUEL mode, meaning no MP charms.
    so clerics that get the idea to use plumeshell will die automatically after 2 hits, because they have no more mana after 2 or 3 endgame hits. i am getting the feeling that you guys never actually played this game. b:shocked

They don't have playing experience as it would be so easy for people to cheat and use apo pots without the GM noticing it.

That's why I say all pots should be allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Solution: Create a tournament server with custom settings, equal gear, shards, and on a custom PvP map (look up the PWIC tourney that was hosted ONCE, lol).

we have a winner :D
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    On morai you dont have to do this event.

Everybody knows that only the mighty Joe would win. b:avoid
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    They should allow all pots, def/att charms and cards, there's a lot of people that without their cards cannot use their gears and tbh it's not like there was 100 people with the nuema set.

But for the HP charm I do understand why it's not allowed.

Have any of you ever tried to kill a total end game geared charmed barb? I know a lot of people that can't even pk botting end game barbs cause they reach 50k hp and have charms and those barbs are AFK and hard as **** to kill, so imagine a none AFK charmed end game barb that can defend himself and turtle.

That go too much with classes, if charms are allowed then GG majority of the winners will be end game barbs, if charms aren't allowed then it could be clerics/mystics.

In all case charms allowed or not it would make it unfair for some classes.

Assuming we just barred certain people from competing that received their cardsets from the GMs, the winner on our server would likely be a sin though barb is a possibility.

I'm going to echo everyone else's sentiments that this should really be done on a separate server with max gear and it shouldn't be a duel, but a 1v1 where everything is allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This contest isn't fairly design. This is not my opinion, just simple fact. It favors the most rich and best - maxed geared player, and class wise - specifically a cleric. All they have to do is keep sealing, kite, and spam heals and defense skills for a short 5 min. My seeker doesn't have the highest defense index on my server, but it does have one of the highest attack index - and even it have much difficulties solo-killing a very well geared cleric without a crit-zerk.

And lastly...250$ in zhen? that is close to 900mil coins on my server based on current gold prices. This comes to show that you guys are really clueless about this game, and why many of your decisions are bad ones.
  • Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver
    Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I think everything here is a good idea, i thought it was just another R9 one shotting everything event at first, till i read that it'll be a instance for lower geared and lower lvl players, Which i find pretty cool. I also like the Idea of No charms, The only people that would need them is squishy physics and ect, Now when i take down half i dont have to worry about someone trying their Best at a pathetic attempt to stay alive, meanwhile, i can still heal myself. Which would mean something against a Non-r9 player. I also like the idea of No outside buffs as well. Please Whatever you do, don't change any of the rules. Fully support this, looking forward to more details ^.^b:cute
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Assuming we just barred certain people from competing that received their cardsets from the GMs, the winner on our server would likely be a sin though barb is a possibility.

I'm going to echo everyone else's sentiments that this should really be done on a separate server with max gear and it shouldn't be a duel, but a 1v1 where everything is allowed.

I assume it would be too complicated and too much people would complain, some will say to remove the purify weap cause you know it's soooo unfair, other will say to give all sage/demon skills, than if EVERYONE can get the same gears the GMs will have to mage a thousand of players that will want to participate which mean thousand of fight, than some people would want to be able to watch the fights even if they don't participate.

It would be really complicated, so good idea that PVP event, but at that point they should almost have done it group vs group and make people apply squad of 10 with classes restriction like one class of each in the squad. I think one thing NW did prove is it's not necessary the most geared squad that win in a 10 vs 10, but in a 1 v 1...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver
    Gaykamitarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This contest isn't fairly design. This is not my opinion, just simple fact. It favors the most rich and best - maxed geared player, and class wise - specifically a cleric. All they have to do is keep sealing, kite, and spam heals and defense skills for a short 5 min. My seeker doesn't have the highest defense index on my server, but it does have one of the highest attack index - and even it have much difficulties solo-killing a very well geared cleric without a crit-zerk.

And lastly...250$ in zhen? that is close to 900mil coins on my server based on current gold prices. This comes to show that you guys are really clueless about this game, and why many of your decisions are bad ones.
    I hate when people try and pass off their personal opinion as fact, I for One do Not agree. which means it's not a fact. a fact is something like "You need Air to breath" This what you're saying is arguable. Youre not fighting a Rank 9 cleric, Unless you are Rank 9 yourself. The admin guy said, It'll put the High geared players against the High geared players, Which means the lower geared will go up against the lower geared. Everything seems pretty fair to me. I am a cleric though ;p
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I hate when people try and pass off their personal opinion as fact, I for One do Not agree. which means it's not a fact. a fact is something like "You need Air to breath" This what you're saying is arguable. Youre not fighting a Rank 9 cleric, Unless you are Rank 9 yourself. The admin guy said, It'll put the High geared players against the High geared players, Which means the lower geared will go up against the lower geared. Everything seems pretty fair to me. I am a cleric though ;p

"High Geared Players" is a very vague statement now a days. Even if they do group rank 9 recast players in one bracket, you still have to consider the huge difference between one who is 10+ refined, and a 12+ refined; sharding wise, and Avatar cards. There is only going to be 16 players who can compete, so it isn't really a server wide event - just your server's top 16 well geared players/nominated. They are not doing this event for low geared non r9rr players atm like you said.

They say the might consider doing this for lower geared and lower level players in the future, but then they will have to consider a char that is reborn vs one that is not reborn - if the players have avatar cards/warsoul wep- this is too much work for them. People can also cheat in this contest by quickly re-equipting higher refined ornaments/other gear.

I would assume that you can enter the contest fully buffed....then you have complaints from people about not being aware of NW buff pots, or faction base buffs. And Classes that can purge vs classes that cant? There are some classes that will have a huge advantage over others in a 1 vs 1 pvp.
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thats why I say it should be event golds and not normal golds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Okay so based off feedback, here are some projected changes. Keep in mind that these can and probably will change.

Getting everyone in the same gear and on a brand new server for this event is not possible. We don't have the tools and we're more than likely not going to get support from China anyways.

So now that's out of the way, here are some changes.

- Everything goes, charms, pots, etc.

- It goes from being 1 v 1 duels, to 5 v 5 (Maybe 3 v3, what do you think?) straight pvp.

- You have to create your own teams. There will also be a set limit of 2 of each class per team. (IE, no more than 2 clerics, sins, barbs, etc.)

-If we do it this way, the grand prize still remains, which means the winning team would have to split it with each individual.

- There is a 10 minute timer, instead of 5 (Maybe 15).

Thoughts, opinions?

Also, we may push this event back towards the end of June to allow more prep time.

Edit: We would also highly suggest the use of 3rd party communication software, such as Teamspeak, Vent, Skype, or Mumble. This will allow you to coordinate with your team easier.

Free Communication Software

Mumble: http://www.mumble.com/get-mumble.php

Paid

Teamspeak: http://www.teamspeak3.com/
    Ventrillo: http://www.instantventrilo.com/
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Okay so based off feedback, here are some projected changes. Keep in mind that these can and probably will change.

Getting everyone in the same gear and on a brand new server for this event is not possible. We don't have the tools and we're more than likely not going to get support from China anyways.

- It goes from being 1 v 1 duels, to 5 v 5 (Maybe 3 v3, what do you think?) straight pvp.

- You have to create your own teams. There will also be a set limit of 2 of each class per team. (IE, no more than 2 clerics, sins, barbs, etc.)

-If we do it this way, the grand prize still remains, which means the winning team would have to split it with each individual.

Thoughts, opinions?

Also, we may push this event back towards the end of June to allow more prep time.

Those conditions are a lot better. It's a more fair and balanced pvp for class wise, but not gearing fairness - that is something you can't really control (like how with other games) and I know you tried with making a new server kind of thing. The question remains is how will this be organized? How do you register your team?
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thoughts, opinions?

Then what happened to the tools from the worldwide event? And why cant you get help from china?
    honestly it just seems like gms only power is advertizing sales on redchat, teleporting, and giving people stuff
    Heck since yall are so keen on giving things away, why not just give endgame just for the tourney then take it away, just make sure you keep track.

I'd say 15 minutes maybe more 2 clerics can really drag on a fight at endgame

Whats going to determine brackets, Soulforce? deff/offence index thing, spirit? and whats going to stop people from just putting on g15 and winning cause they have maxed out passives& new skills?

And honestly either of the gms have enough game knowledge to even be doing this, as in knowing whats going on and whether someone is stalling to stall or for strategy

this really just feels like a half assed approach of trying to keep people somewhat interested.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thoughts, opinions?

My only thing is I'd like to see those with cardsets obtained via other means just straight up banned from participating in this event. This is the only issue. Everything else is fine.

May I suggest hosting it in the instance currently used for the Theater of Blood event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I think everything here is a good idea, i thought it was just another R9 one shotting everything event at first, till i read that it'll be a instance for lower geared and lower lvl players, Which i find pretty cool. I also like the Idea of No charms, The only people that would need them is squishy physics and ect, Now when i take down half i dont have to worry about someone trying their Best at a pathetic attempt to stay alive, meanwhile, i can still heal myself. Which would mean something against a Non-r9 player. I also like the idea of No outside buffs as well. Please Whatever you do, don't change any of the rules. Fully support this, looking forward to more details ^.^b:cute

Thoughts, opinions?

Edit: We would also highly suggest the use of 3rd party communication software, such as Teamspeak, Vent, Skype, or Mumble. This will allow you to coordinate with your team easier.

Free Communication Software

Mumble: http://www.mumble.com/get-mumble.php

Paid

Teamspeak: http://www.teamspeak3.com/
    Ventrillo: http://www.instantventrilo.com/

Uh Oh... b:avoid
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Then what happened to the tools from the worldwide event? And why cant you get help from china?

Taken away from us

honestly it just seems like gms only power is advertizing sales on redchat, teleporting, and giving people stuff
    Heck since yall are so keen on giving things away, why not just give endgame just for the tourney then take it away, just make sure you keep track.

I'd say 15 minutes maybe more 2 clerics can really drag on a fight at endgame

Whats going to determine brackets, Soulforce? deff/offence index thing, spirit? and whats going to stop people from just putting on g15 and winning cause they have maxed out passives& new skills?

Right now, we have a rough outline.

R999 +10 and up
    g16 & R999 +9 and lower
    Level 95-100 with no more than 7 refines
    94 and lower with no more than 7 refines
    Mid bracket of some levels we haven't decided on yet.

And honestly either of the gms have enough game knowledge to even be doing this, as in knowing whats going on and whether someone is stalling to stall or for strategy

this really just feels like a half assed approach of trying to keep people somewhat interested.

Replies in red.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    i'm glad to see that you are flexible to some change and have already started revising...

i haven't read the whole thread but what i have read sounds ridiculously stupid.

why not just have it like PWIC, except with no harpy wraith. (not sure if already suggested)

thank you for at least trying... a little.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ''Right now, we have a rough outline.

R999 +10 and up
    g16 & R999 +9 and lower
    Level 95-100 with no more than 7 refines
    94 and lower with no more than 7 refines
    Mid bracket of some levels we haven't decided on yet''

If I'm R999 with a +10 weapon and +8 gears, in what category will I be put?

A lot of R999 people doesn't have the same refine on gears/weapon.

A lot of people like me with a +10 R999 weapon, but +7-8 gears fit in 2 categories.

And what about the +10-12 G16? they can't participate?

Also does the lvl 95-100 and 94 and lower allow rebirth people that didn't reach back lvl 100 yet or it's for non-rebirth people? Cause someone RB twice at lvl95 would one shot a non-RB lvl 95 nvm the gears/weap. (without counting that RB can use R999 and G16 and non-RB can only use TT or mold gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The changes are much better indeed. Thanks for your efforts :3 it is quite a mess to make a balanced PvP out of the current state of the game but I'm happy to see you're considering the player feedback.

And now..for the G16 Nirvana and R9rr... I'd suggest something like:

- R9rr +10/9 or lower refines (with average shards) together with G16 +10 or higher with good shards(Vit stones, Gems maybe) (including mix like R9rr gear + Nirvana weapon or Nirvana gear + r9rr weapon).

- Average G16 Nirvana being a tier of its own (no mixes with R9rr pieces though or +11/+12 Nirvana, endgame shards)

- R9rr +11/12 with endgame shards (Vit stones, JOSD, Deity etc.) being a tier of its own

Ugh if someone has a better idea post away of course. Just an attempt D:
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★