PWI PvP Tournament [Now with sign-up dates in red]

Options

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Have to agree with the above sentiments.

(1) Like Asterelle, I can't use my gear without my cards because I've restatted extra str into dex.
    (2) As Toraah noted: why are we disqualifying cards but allowing all other sorts of gear imbalances, like +12 josd r9r3 vs. +10 r9r3? This makes no sense to me. Even as someone with mediocre cards (only one S, and still using a B) I find this absurd. If you're not going to give people equalized gear, then let them use all of their gear -- including cards.

Better yet, as Walpurga mentioned, set something up so people can fight using equal gear. Bonus points for allowing the use of charms, apoth, etc. as well.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • freezezone
    freezezone Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I say just make it in a room 1vs1 or group idc. But should be able to use everything..cause duels are just not real pvp and not really fair to all classes either.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So I can't use my cards, but other people get to use their jades.
    Makes sense GG

Unfortunately, given the situations on HL and DW, it's for the best.

Ideally though, they'd just make another server with automatic max gear that can only be accessed during certain time periods and only by participants just for these purposes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I do but considering they haven't even said what the criteria is going to be to qualify for "highest tier," I think it's a bit early to assume the worst. There is a lot not set in stone yet, and obviously he's been taking input on the rules from this thread.

What happened to
    Rules: No ifs, and's, or buts.

He's just going to add more rules. Besides, he said he's only going with 1 tier right now - and if we limit the tier to equal geared people, how many people do you think can actually compete in this thing? On Archo, probably not even 16.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    tsyfall wrote: »
    Besides, he said he's only going with 1 tier right now - and if we limit the tier to equal geared people, how many people do you think can actually compete in this thing? On Archo, probably not even 16.

On archo, you wouldn't even have 10 -- and this is ignoring cards, nuema, and meridian differences.

If you expand it to only +11/+12 r9r3 (but not restricting to full josd/deity), you could probably get 16 people participating... but even then, the josd vs. non-josd difference would be more significant than anyone's card set here.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Honestly the only way for this to work would be to give everyone equal gear and allow an actual 1v1 fight. Not a duel, a no holds barred PvP match. Perhaps limit the use of certain skills like Last Stand, any form of death prevention, Daimond Sutra, though nobody would want that I imagine.

Anywho! If it's not a true fight with equal gear, this whole tournament is pointless. There can be no happy ending because it'll just come down to who's got the best of their gear bracket. And if it's a duel tournament? Then I can't help but laugh at the idea as a whole. That's literally handing victory to certain classes just because of the advantages they have in that situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'd hate to see you guys give out 250 gold in a poorly thought out contest where the winner is basically predetermined unless they experience some sort of terrible luck.

If you're going to be serious with this, then true PvP (not duels with a bunch of stuff disallowed lol) with equal gears/genie/apoth/etc is absolutely necessary. (Also means you can **** gear brackets completely and make this big. Much better, no?) If, on the other hand, this is just to get people to waste HP charm after a duel, then why even give out 250 gold?

Tsy pretty much covered it all.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Roeham - Archosaur
    Roeham - Archosaur Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Good idea probably needs alot more planning and thought before giving out 250 gold to what will just be the highest cash shopper on the server. Maybe instead give a reward like choice of flyer, mount, and fashion all tradable and dyes of choice for fashion
  • frozenterror
    frozenterror Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Why is every1 allways complainging......just **** and let them do their jobs.....and if u don't like the final rullez dont do the eventb:angry
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Dueling isn't pvp, any class that can heal has a major advantage, and any cleric with decent gear can beat any class in a duel lol.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Dueling isn't pvp, any class that can heal has a major advantage, and any cleric with decent gear can beat any class in a duel lol.

Kinda agree, but then again in duel charm doesn't work which mean plume sheild won't be really helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    With current hp value's on endgame gear there are no effective potions.
    (best potion right now regens like 10~20% of someones max hp in 10 seconds)

This making burst and self-sustain extremely imbalanced and overpowered.

Which will greatly benefit:
    Clerics
    Mystics
    Wizards
    Seekers

to the point where I would say no other class has any chance of winning.

And between these classes itll be a lottery to see if a wizard/seeker can land enough zerk/crits to beat the sustain of the other two and burst them down, both of which will very slowly lose their battle every single time they fail on their burst, since potions arent going to help them one bit.

So eventually this whole tournament will come down to which class has the highest chance of outsustaining the burst damage of wizards and seekers, this all caused by the absense of hp charms and defensive charms.

But what about crowd control? that can stop someone from self-sustaining!

Our lovely buddy the purify proc will limit this all down to only a Barb and a BM being able to succesfully CC our lovely cleric/mystic friends, within a reasonable realm of being lucky. I mean there's always a chance that weapon never procs, but surely the purpose of a PvP tournament is to be better, not more lucky.
    Maybe force everyone to use lower gear, except that would make venomancers very overpowered as their pets get infinitely more influential
    Suggestion:

You really want some competitive PvP on PWI?
    Make it group PvP, 6v6/10v10 (wudnt a rainbow squad vs rainbow squad just be amazing)

You really want it to be 1v1 PvP?
    Balance the classes first, sit down with people that understand the game and discuss all the classes, remove all the % based skills and effects and replace them with reliable effects
    Either way I would never participate in a tournament like this, for one my gear would not allow it, but more importantly, if ur ping is higher than 50~100 you have no realistic chance of ever beating someone with their ping below 50 unless they are absolutely terrible, and we all know that every server has players from all over the world of which only a handful are actually playing from a location near the server's location
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Sparkie good idea, but first you need to specify something. You need to specify if the duel, will actually be a duel. Duels and pvp aren't the same. In a duel even if you have charm, it won't work, and also many strange things happen. And if it's actually pvp, but 1 vs 1 then how would the people who usually use a charm discard it? (plz don't say that a gm will come to wack the participant until the charm is expend).

And now I wanted to warm you about something: In this game some classes have a huge advantage in 1vs1.

For example assassins have about 4 skills that disable you (stun, sleep, seal, etc). They have a skill that makes immune to disableing skills (66% of the time if they are sage, and most sins are sage), and they have a skill that will save them from a finishing blow. For example if they have 9k hp left, and then I do damage over 9k they won't die, you need to hit him again to kill it. Perhaps you should add to the rules "don't use Tidal protection".

What I think would be a better idea sparkie, is if we had a group pvp tournament, because seriously the only time this game looks a little balanced is when all the classes come into play. However if we had group pvp we would have to have this rule: only 1 of each class, so we don't get things such as a team of mostly sage sins, who will be immune to disables and will go focus targeting 1 by 1.

I'm not able to wear my armor without cards due to the Str requirement. Are you guys going to provide free restat notes to participants?

Omg... me too. If I took my cards out, I wouldn't be able to use all my gear.
  • Rathofdemise - Sanctuary
    Rathofdemise - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Wooooot this just shows how unbalanced the game is now, but the fact is once you stop people from using things like charms or pots which they use for there combos you take away the very things that makes the fighting fun. I know for a fact i must have a charm to tank certain class' and then have my rebound to kill them.

In all honesty trying to make a event is nice but this event will not work out because as I see you already are responding to the QQ of people not wanting cards to be used when they them self are a part of this game. pretty much everyone will know who will win the event there will be no question. for example choasbeibei vs 16 people one at a time that is good game.

I will be very sad with this decision if i see 250 dollars of zehn thrown out to a player that is op as hell.

Make a trivia event with 16 people and you a random name picker out of all the people that sign up.

But seriously for the love of god dont give 250 dollars of gold to a player
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Pre Gratz to the sins on each server .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Great idea in concept, execution in current form shows a severe lack on understanding of pvp on this game which is excusable as you either don't' play it or are still a noob b:laugh

I would personally be uninterested in participating unless it's in actual pk mode with all the normalities, otherwise it's very unbalanced between classes.

Also I think a while back there was some group pvp where characters from different servers were recreated on a tournament server? That pls.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • GingerHair - Morai
    GingerHair - Morai Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Why don't you give us gear to compete in this event?
    You know like other games who care about equality do?
    All same gear with shards of our choice?
    Or just na cos **** everyone who doesn't put their whole paycheck into your **** head company?
    q.q is a term from the old star craft days.
    pressing the button q brought up the player menu and pressing it again quit the game. Some mong didnt know what it meant and thought it was a pair of crying eyes leading to the "qq" term we have today. GG.

#TheMoreYouKnow
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I mean i'd give it a go for funs but as a cleric I dont think i'd be able to tank a sin using elimination without a hp charm or mp charm for plume shell- even with those its tricky! o_O

I cant really see whats wrong with having a straight self buff 1v1 as a duel is too far removed from real pvp. The no card idea i guess is good as it will probably minimise some of the gear difference.

Maybe also a few observers from different servers that can judge the fight if it goes beyond the allocated time?
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I think - this is good idea to test dis balance between classes.
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Why not let use all participants the same NPC gear? So u dont need gear brackets, only reborn 0/1/2 brackets. And noone has a gear-base advantage so the tournament would show who really is a good player and who only has a big wallet. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Why not let use all participants the same NPC gear? So u dont need gear brackets, only reborn 0/1/2 brackets. And noone has a gear-base advantage so the tournament would show who really is a good player and who only has a big wallet. xD

Most of powerful players have big wallet anyway.

This is according rules of this game.

Since they pay, then they can win.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    my suggestion is to put the players into the semi final room of the weekly tournament, allow everything (charm, def charms, apo, genie) but say "sorry" to anyone that tries to participate that got their war avatars via mailbox.

(but then again the sage sins gonna win anyway, no matter which rule you make for your 1vs1 tournament in a game thats designed for groupfights.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    omgawd.. duels is all about ping lol. make it white outside safe >_>
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I would like to participate.
    I do agree with everyone though that for the end game bracket, sins and those with purify proc will have a severe advantage when you disallow hp charms.

It is not a sin's stealth that is the problem, but rather their "Sage Tidal" skill which will allow them to dodge 66% of their opponent's disabling and amping skills. With the new primal update sins are much tankier, so it is difficult to kill them with damage alone unless you are one of the arcane classes who will generally die in 2-3 shots without a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Would also like to echo above calls for this to be changed to group PvP instead of 1v1. Water down or change the reward if you need to, but things would be a whole lot more balanced (and fun, imo) if you ran straight 10v10s without artificial restrictions on item use.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Would also like to echo above calls for this to be changed to group PvP instead of 1v1. Water down or change the reward if you need to, but things would be a whole lot more balanced (and fun, imo) if you ran straight 10v10s without artificial restrictions on item use.

Nation Wars are group PvP, they can use them again, but for what ?
  • Relana - Raging Tide
    Relana - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'm not able to wear my armor without cards due to the Str requirement. Are you guys going to provide free restat notes to participants?

+1
    Cards are kinda part of one's gear set, and you can't wear all your gear without the strength bonuses from your cards.
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    LOL, NO CHARMS? am assuming a cleric is most likely to win this

I mean do you guys evan know what it means to be charmless?

Okay so this is what will happen.

Cleric Seals. drops person 50% HP . Sleeps Drops person 10% HP , Seals drops person Dead.

this is just **** now evan going to bother participating.

This is no Longer 2010 GMs.
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Rules: Here are the rules, with probably more to follow. If you break any of these during the contest, you're out. No ifs, and's, or buts.
    • -Duels will last no longer than 5 minutes. Should it exceed 5 minutes, the player with the most HP wins.
    • -No Flying
    • -Milking the timer, whether it be stealth or anything else will get you DQ'd.

Just to make clear how much revamping these rules require:

- Duel a 40k+ r9r3+10/12 Barb filled with josd stones, you won't get a fight that's below 5min unless the barb kills the other person (vs. a sage sin should be good example on how that will take a while).

- Clerics and Mystics end-game can regain full HP with a single heal, whoever they fight, this will ensure the Cleric en Mystic will always win with a draw nomatter who dealt the most damage.

- A lot of classes use flying to their advantage due to movementskills that make their air-movement more agile than their opponent (leaps/distance shrink/shaduw jump etc), it is part of duel tactics.

- Milking the timer should be redefined, as now it sounds like we're forced into combat before our skills are off cooldown (example: kiting away the target untill X skill is off CD to start a devastating combo). Sins might want to stealth and wait 5-10sec to regain the skills on cooldown, will that be insta-DQ as well? going back into combat with your combo on cooldown is just stupid and suicide.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So a draw is decided by how much hp someone has? Is this the actual amount of hp they have or the % of hp remaining? Not being funny but barbs can have 50k+ hp where as clerics mystics psys and such probably struggle getting past 20k with self buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]