Adds are very anoying

Options
Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
I am getting tierd of dieing in this game because PWE insists on adds for guardian scrolls and charms at critical times in fights. I refuse to buy more because PWE is intentionally making sure we die in order to sell the items in the boutique.

b:angryb:angryb:angry
Post edited by Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    First time I saw this **** I immediately thought:
    Thought wrote:
    Oh, really? Is Perfect World so desperate to the point of, dropping the level and becoming comparable to Facebook MMORPG games? Because seriously, Facebook MMORPG games are who usually tend to spam you with ads and "Buy this, buy that, subscribe this, that" all around.

I didn't expect Wanmei/Beijing studio to fall down to this level of despair.

Its offensive, looks like a "BUY GOLD FOR GOD'S SAKE, i beg u Q_Q"

Now this change doesn't come from Perfect World Entertainment or Arc Games, this is a change made by the Chinese smart developers
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I am getting tierd of dieing in this game because PWE insists on adds for guardian scrolls and charms at critical times in fights. I refuse to buy more because PWE is intentionally making sure we die in order to sell the items in the boutique.

First time I saw this **** I immediately thought:

I didn't expect Wanmei/Beijing studio to fall down to this level of despair.

Its offensive, looks like a "BUY GOLD FOR GOD'S SAKE, i beg u Q_Q"

Now this change doesn't come from Perfect World Entertainment or Arc Games, this is a change made by the Chinese smart developers

Agreed >> PLUS(+)1!!!

I died twice tonight inside of NW, because of the 2 pop-up variations (do to their lovely capacity to cancel out my actions, as they stall me just long enough for me to be ganked by anyone within a mile of running distance to me...b:angry

So... TYvm, (PWE & Wanmei !!) Always good to know that we can count on you to find new ways to lagg us out at always the most in-opportune of times & moments >>> b:spit<<b:fatb>>b:sweat
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »
    I thought these popups only happened once per day, and if so, can't you just trigger them with a duel before you start to play seriously?

Once per day is already way too much and I hope you were not serious about the duel part.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Sorry matey, I haven't played for quite some time, but I remember reading somewhere that if you have a duel then you can trigger the popups? If that is not the case, sorry, I didn't know :P
    Maybe it does, I'm not sure, but even then, why would one need to do that before starting "playing seriously"? We want to play, not to struggle with the obstacles.
    Today we have to start day with duel, tomorrow they will think up something else, which will be impossible to avoid without starting your day with another stupid action b:laugh
    After that they will implement a timed scroll which will let you get rid of pop up windows b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Maybe it does, I'm not sure, but even then, why would one need to do that before starting "playing seriously"? We want to play, not to struggle with the obstacles.
    Today we have to start day with duel, tomorrow they will think up something else, which will be impossible to avoid without starting your day with another stupid action b:laugh

This.

I never tried and I suppose it might work to trigger it with a duel, but well... you can't say to people to do that everyday. The new pop-up is just a terribly bad idea that disturbs players.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It's wasteful forced advertising that has the opposite effect on the vast majority of people.

And doesn't help that there's no way to permanently disable it (in fact, it came back for me a few times after I had logged off and then got back online a while later). Having it pop up and get in the way of situations you're perfectly capable of surviving without LOL POPUP ABOUT PURCHASING STUFF is an annoyance at best and only goes downhill from there.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I agree. The pop-ups need to go. I had it happen to me back to back three times...without logging off. Its really irritating when these adds pop up, and almost get me killed in dungeon runs. I do blame it for at least one death, as it caused my skill to be cancelled at a critical time.

Not to mention that I'm a cleric that has ancestral blessing, and is not a pvp'er (outside of Nation Wars). I do not need guardian scrolls.

I strongly support a method that allows for a permanent disable of that pop-up add.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    why dont u guys just turn it off? b:shutup
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    CoinFarmer - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    why dont u guys just turn it off? b:shutup

(As DemansPsy) Because it comes back, there no way to turn it off permanently ....Inb4 new cash shop item "PWI Ad Blocker -29.95$"
    Call me Demans
    DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    (As DemansPsy) Because it comes back, there no way to turn it off permanently ....Inb4 new cash shop item "PWI Ad Blocker -29.95$"

Actually there is one way but the only one is to have guardian scroll in your inventory which can be assimilated to forced sale (plus the fact that this is very "easy" to missclick)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The funny thing is that it even pops on clerics with the no exp loss skill...

Get rid of the **** already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The funny thing is that it even pops on clerics with the no exp loss skill..

You can say that as well for any other class with demon book activated.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Finally got the popup myself yesterday and it got me killed too. b:cry

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I like the idea personally, it's a good reminder if you've run out of guardian scrolls and don't realize. People who actually pk should embrace the idea, while people who only do pve and complain about a popup distracting them while doing repetitive, thoughtless instances shouldn't get too stressed out. How about if the popup said, "You're out of guardian scrolls" rather than "Buy guardian scrolls". I take it as the same thing, people just want to complain about every single change ever made in this game.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I like the idea personally, it's a good reminder if you've run out of guardian scrolls and don't realize. People who actually pk should embrace the idea, while people who only do pve and complain about a popup distracting them while doing repetitive, thoughtless instances shouldn't get too stressed out. How about if the popup said, "You're out of guardian scrolls" rather than "Buy guardian scrolls". I take it as the same thing, people just want to complain about every single change ever made in this game.

My main issue with it is that it can cause you to die. I realize some might find it helpful even to prevent guardian scroll mistakes, which can cause people to lose valuable items. But the proportion of people it is helping to the proportion of people it's causing problems for is very much out-of-balance. If the popup was small enough and didn't popup in the middle of the screen so that it that it didn't get in the way, I probably wouldn't have as much issue with it. Either that or the ability to turn the notification off along with the rest of the help menu popups. The issue is the ads for items in the game are disrupting game play.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Im sorry to break your bubble but, there is a way to turn it off permanently xD b:chuckle
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Not arguing you should have to do this before playing, just throwing it in there as a kind of workaround. As it happens, I find popups when playing games absolutely infuriating, and this is not exactly encouraging me to come back to pwi lol

It isn't really fair for people to have to do that though, because duels tick charms. So basically you have to tick your charm every day without need just to ensure PWI's popups don't make you die.

If they made the screen tiny or maybe just a little flashing icon you had to click to open it into a larger screen, that would be okay. But the fact that it pops up when you are close to death and (in most cases) prevents or distracts you from taking that one extra life-saving measure that you had been planning to use to avoid said death, is aggravating. I only had this popup once for some reason, but since it startled me and then I took extra time trying to get the stupid thing off my screen, I missed using the skill I had been about to use and thus died. I've been in the same situation countless times before and never was it fatal.

The timing is absurd. If you are close to death you need to concentrate, not be startled by popup screens. But I'm sure they are happy about causing player deaths because more players will purchase the items.
    Im sorry to break your bubble but, there is a way to turn it off permanently xD

How? I only ever found an option to turn if off per day, which doesn't always work. Sometimes you turn it off but it resets if you log out and back in later, which I'm constantly doing as I switch between accounts. I'd love to know how to make it go away forever!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options

See, the bolded line is where your entire statement falls apart.

If it didn't pop up when you were at critical HP in the middle of the screen regardless of what you were doing distracting you and taking your focus off whatever caused your HP to drop that low in the first place, sure you might have a point. As is? It's almost killed me multiple times when without it I'd have been pretty safe and it actually HAS managed to kill me at least twice where having to deal with it interrupted what I needed to do to survive. Not much of a reminder if it gets you killed in the process. It's like shooting someone and then telling them "Hey you should wear a bullet proof vest!".

I'm someone who actually PKs. The amount of times my HP gets low enough for this to trigger when fighting a GOOD opponent (or getting focus fired in mass PvP) can be pretty high. More often than not, I can recover from that. When this sort of thing is popping up in my face and getting in my way? Not so much. It could be a warning safety lock is about to expire or that my gear has broken and it would STILL be horrible in its current form. The fact it's an advertisement that does more harm than help just makes it worse. Heck, at least when our gear is low on durability, the icon that shows up isn't a super intrusive popup that interrupts everything you're doing and can kill you.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    CoinFarmer - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Im sorry to break your bubble but, there is a way to turn it off permanently xD b:chuckle

Which is?? Please share I'm sick of checking the don't display again check-box every single day X.X
    Call me Demans
    DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

-dem flamez- makes my day on these boards really b:pleased

That thing is annoying and unnecessary. If I wanna buy a friggin Guardian Scroll, I'm sure as hell, don't need a stupid hand-holding system to tell to me"hey, looks like you're sucking balls today. How about a nifty Guardian Scroll?" like as if I was a mentally handicaped idiot.

Either remove it, or at least, allow us to turn it off, for f***'s sake!
  • AzureWings - Raging Tide
    AzureWings - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    IDK but I think there is a typo in the title and it annoys me so much...b:surrender
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    IDK but I think there is a typo in the title and it annoys me so much...b:surrender

There are two mistakes (it should be "Ads" and "annoying") but you can understand what it means, and that is really all that matters. Not everyone is proficient at spelling or even has English as their first language. Being comprehensible is all that matters here.

(Though I admit, when someone repeatedly uses "your" instead of "you're" it takes all of my strength not to correct them)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

your WAY wrong... this thing gets me killed CONSTANTLY. at least once a week I die because my eyes are drawn to it instead of my hp. i REFUSE to buy guardian scrolls anymore until the damn thing can be permanently be turned off b:angry

c'mon pwi!!! FIX THIS DAMN THING... we haven't even gotten an acknowledgement from pwi that they screwed up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Funny thing is that when I logged in to play yesterday, I decided to aggro some mobs in the primal world, so that my hp would drop. (Not the ones that hit for 1500, but just regular mobs.) My hp falls lower and lower, as I'm waiting for that ad to pop up, so that I can disable it.

I die, and the add never appears.

Not long after, I do my dailies. Now on for the one with the caged guards, I just stack IH on my self, holy path through all of them in that section, restack IH, and Tempest them to death. I run through, restack my IH, ready tempest which gets interrupted a few times. Hp goes low. Ad pops up, and nearly gets me killed. -_-

Mind you, I triggered Absolute Domain, but because the ad decided to pop up, it didn't register, so I had to frantically click it again, since for that moment, Absolute domain should be up...but its not...thanks to the stupid ad that I had to click to not show up today. Its an annoying ad, that's killing many people.

(Fortunately Absolute Domain came through just in time, allowing my tempest to end it. A moment more, and I'd be dead)

Well played ad. Well played. Fail to work when I want to trigger it. Function perfectly when I do a pull of physical mobs...

This feature really needs to be disabled. There needs to at least be a feature where we can choose to see it or not. That way, those that like it can use it. Those of us that hate it vehemently can disable it, and not think about it.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

By this point with no answer I'm starting to think this post was a troll.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Ive never seen these pop-ups, I found the perfect way around it.

I just dont die b:pleased
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry