Angelica III

Options
Kevyy - Harshlands
Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Is there any news about PWI receiving the latest Angelica Engine?
Post edited by Kevyy - Harshlands on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    werent they using it on the upcoming game swordsman?

not sure if i read somewhere if jade dynasty switched to it or not.... pwi definitely hasnt -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    yeah that's when the game will collapse into a dark void with 5 day disconnects and random images of naked trolls running around the screen.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Actually, word is that the original devs are back with Wanmei working on upgrading PWI to the new engine so that it will be more compatible with the current hardware standards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Actually, word is that the original devs are back with Wanmei working on upgrading PWI to the new engine so that it will be more compatible with the current hardware standards.

About damn ****ing time
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Do you have supporting links with that information? I'd like to read it O\_/O I'm shocked and overjoyed all at the same time
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary
    MadSkiIIz - Sanctuary Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    super mega interresting:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582121
    edited May 2014
    Options
    tek1nig wrote: »
    Do you have supporting links with that information? I'd like to read it O\_/O I'm shocked and overjoyed all at the same time
    I saw it posted here on the forums when we were getting the information about the expansion late last year, but don't remember where that was or care to search for it atm.
    It is mentioned briefly in the developer's blog though.
    In the "archosaurs studio" future plans, "Perfect World 2" R & D production has been put on the agenda, I believe both engines, or screen technology, will have a higher upgrade and breakthroughs. "Archosaurs studio" all the players together to develop invite members to witness the "perfect international 'future change and growth.
    I know I've read a more detailed excerpt on it somewhere, but they basically said that they intend to upgrade it to work on the Angelica III engine and were discussing revamping a lot of the textures.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This is great. I cant wait.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I don't think it will be happening anytime soon, even if the original devs are working it. Porting a game as large and open as PW to a newer game engine isn't easy, I would imagine. It could be years before we see it. That also brings up issues with compatibility of server hardware to a newer game engine. By that, I'm referring to being able to log into the same character as before. They may even be a requirement of this being Perfect World 3, new licensing needed for all versions and new servers.

Purely speculation on my end. But the original Perfect World is different than Perfect World 2, which is our current version. One is free and the other is pay to play, but neither can transfer toons between servers as far as I'm aware.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Why would any gaming company develop a new engine to implement it on a old game that contains so much broken features/glitches and has non-growing population; when they can just start new, release a new title and milk some fresh cows?

Here is part of the answer.

and... here is some more tease...

INB4P2W
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Just because a game has no new members cuts nothing on if it still makes money. Ill take the cards of PWI still having a few years left on it for now. Its been said we where to get an update to this. However unless they tell us or we hear form china this is unlikely as the coding difference could be rather bad.

Either way at some point this could be a good idea as to improve the limitations to the game. Just remember PWI was designed to be a low spec running game and is what it was designed to do.
  • naehma
    naehma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    b:victory
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Maybe a good port over will erase us allllllllll!
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Just because a game has no new members cuts nothing on if it still makes money. Ill take the cards of PWI still having a few years left on it for now. Its been said we where to get an update to this. However unless they tell us or we hear form china this is unlikely as the coding difference could be rather bad.

Either way at some point this could be a good idea as to improve the limitations to the game. Just remember PWI was designed to be a low spec running game and is what it was designed to do.

This new game engine was developed for a different game than pwi; we may or may not get it, no doubt they are calculating the cost/benefit ratio as we speak.

Why would any gaming company develop a new engine to implement it on a old game that contains so much broken features/glitches and has non-growing population; when they can just start new, release a new title and milk some fresh cows?

Watched those clips and frankly, meh... so what...
    So there is realtime water? Whoop de ****** doo. So there is dynamic shadows? Be still my beating heart. Will it cure rubber-banding? I wonder...
    It would be nice if a new game engine were to fix all the many bugs we have come to know and love in pwi, but I suspect it will merely replace them with a new set of amusing ways to annoy the **** out of us.
    One thing is for certain; if this arrives in pwi, arc resource consumption will become a somewhat minor concern, as laptops the world over burn out their fans and overheat their gfx cards lol
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This new game engine was developed for a different game than pwi; we may or may not get it, no doubt they are calculating the cost/benefit ratio as we speak.
    It's not like they're re-designing the game to run on a completely different platform. It's an upgraded version of the same engine the game is running on now.

They've already done the math and it's in R&D being worked on as I type this. They started work on it last year
    One thing is for certain; if this arrives in pwi, arc resource consumption will become a somewhat minor concern, as laptops the world over burn out their fans and overheat their gfx cards lol
    It will be no worse that it was with the introduction of Descent and the DX9 update to the client.

Bsically people need to quit whining, and instead of blowing their cash on gear, pony up for some upgrades so that their PC can handle something that was released 5 or 6 years ago.
    They whine now and the client is currently running at standards that are 10 years old.
    You can't blame PWE/Wanmei because people are too cheap to get with the times.

EDIT: Also, their laptops aren't going to overheat and fry unless they are pushing it beyond it's limits purposely, or their system is very poorly maintained. Updating the game engine won't do that any more than trying to play Skyrim on the same **** PC will.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Bsically people need to quit whining, and instead of blowing their cash on gear, pony up for some upgrades so that their PC can handle something that was released 5 or 6 years ago.
    They whine now and the client is currently running at standards that are 10 years old.

I always thought it was lulzy when bigtime CSers constantly complained about lag and it wasn't related to their internet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It's not like they're re-designing the game to run on a completely different platform. It's an upgraded version of the same engine the game is running on now.

They've already done the math and it's in R&D being worked on as I type this. They started work on it last year

Aha, ok...

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here. I don't blow my money on gear; in fact, due to the inconstancy of agency work, I can't afford anything more than to tread water to stay where I am, generally, irl. This is not an unusual situation; many many people are in the same boat. Should we therefore be excluded from playing our game?
    EDIT: Also, their laptops aren't going to overheat and fry unless they are pushing it beyond it's limits purposely, or their system is very poorly maintained. Updating the game engine won't do that any more than trying to play Skyrim on the same **** PC will.

I don't know where you live, but I have to say, there are places in the world where ambient temperature plays a significant role, and it is indeed possible to kill your laptop playing pwi. Most people don't have the skill/knowledge necessary to safely deep clean a laptop; vacuuming the external vents can only help so much, it won't alleviate dust accretion on the heatsink of the cpu/gpu, nor clean it from the fan impeller/ducting (such as it is).
    Ultimately it comes down to balancing the equation of the profit generated per user versus the number of users; it's pretty much only possible to increase one by decreasing the other (in very very general terms).
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • viktorbg
    viktorbg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I doubt this will happen for a few reasons and the main one is because they have to re-done everything in the new engine, from the trees to player skills.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Aha, ok...

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here. I don't blow my money on gear; in fact, due to the inconstancy of agency work, I can't afford anything more than to tread water to stay where I am, generally, irl. This is not an unusual situation; many many people are in the same boat. Should we therefore be excluded from playing our game?

I believe most people are under the impression that everyone is like them. Which possibly is true but an irrational belief. It comes down to what people prioritize in their lives.

You can say most people treat pwi like a game, and the come here for the fun. They would not be spending money on the game, nor on the system to play it. That is how they enjoy the game.

I'll take it with the sport analogy (works for any sport). A beginner playing badminton will feel immense pride when they buy their own first racquet, new shoes. This player still has not right to tell his opponents to go easy on him/her. If all players are there to have fun, they will have fun. As people improve their skill, they begin to feel the fun factor go down with players who are not "fun" for them. To increase their fun level, they either improve their skill, or improve their gear. If they improve the gear by buying the expensive things, they can only blame their failings no their skill. If they improve their skills. and are still losing. They need to see if they have the finances to improve their equipment.

Game players reach similar levels of "fun" but the boundaries are not so clear cut. That is why so many people complain.

As a student, my priorities are very different from my peers. While others have fun going out partying, spending nights out. Mine is to sleep by 9~10 pm, wake up at 4~5 am. Go bike riding for 2~4 hours in the morning. Come home, get ready, breakfast and the likes, go to school on my bicycle. Have fun at school (university, not sure what people associate with, older people like the term school, keeps it simple), come back home, drop off stuff. If i have time, go biking again. This way i get to be on my bicycle. Where as my friends would save up money to go on international trips for 200~2000 dollars. I spend that money on my bicycle. I get my fun from my bike. Similarly i enjoy games. My pc is built to be a monster, that requires only a graphics card upgrade in a few years to be able to play games for another 5~8 years.

So yes, people can be living in really poor conditions, like i do. It just depends on where you think is important to spend money. If you don't feel it is important to spend money on something, that item most likely holds low value for you. If it holds low value for you, it is best not to complain about it, since that will just make your life miserable.

I don't know where you live, but I have to say, there are places in the world where ambient temperature plays a significant role, and it is indeed possible to kill your laptop playing pwi. Most people don't have the skill/knowledge necessary to safely deep clean a laptop; vacuuming the external vents can only help so much, it won't alleviate dust accretion on the heatsink of the cpu/gpu, nor clean it from the fan impeller/ducting (such as it is).
    Ultimately it comes down to balancing the equation of the profit generated per user versus the number of users; it's pretty much only possible to increase one by decreasing the other (in very very general terms).

I guess coming from a poor background makes me value things more. I live in a place where the "ambient temperature" without a pc/laptop in the room is about 45~52 degrees celcius. I value my items enough to know that these temperatures are bad for my laptop/pc. Naturally i have to invest in things to reduce the room temperature, if i want to keep on using them. If I can't invest that kind of money to keep my gadgets running, i should not be using the gadgets for those 5~7 months when temperatures are high.

Above is my opinion on your thoughts. Not saying you are right or wrong, or that I am right or wrong. Just how i feel, since everyone is sharing their feelings b:pleased
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

INB4P2W

I don't know if it's true but apparently PW is still rather popular in China. I could be wrong, of course, since I don't play that version. I would guess that if PW is still popular there indeed, then I like to think that they'd want to upgrade the engine.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    angelica 3 is pretty much old news tho, for those who been following swordsman online.

The word came out like nearly a year ago and then plastered on the mmo news half a year ago, but it got kinda washed down with new horizons expansion on our forum >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan