13»

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    @ Zoldi
    I do not QQ about getting ganked. gank next season again for all i care.All i was trying to say is that ganks never pay off in the long run for the ganking factions. You will gain some lands for a short period of time but you will loose it fast. Look at the map.

I wasn't targeting anyone anyway, just basic facts.
    I'm not saying ganks are good or bad and to be honest I'm not really a pro-ganks in the first place, but sometimes this is the best to do for a faction.
    And I suppose that every faction will one day ganked and being ganked which doesn't mean that their politic is to only gank. Actually I suppose some factions might only gank every week in a same season but I don't think any would just not bid at all just to avoid ganking, just because when you're the first one to bid you can't even know if some other factions will "follow you"

(and when looking at the map I can see that almost every faction on the map had ganked at least once during the season, except maybe one faction but this was situational since they also did in the past like probably every TW faction on every server)

Edit : And for the people that were reading that same forum after last season, you might remember that everyone from other servers were laughing at Morai when they saw that Requiem had every cities on the map, saying that if this faction was that strong, all the other factions from the server should have ganked them. So in a way we're quite "shy" regarding ganks on Morai actually... and this is why on other servers the winning faction is rarely the strongest one for what I could see.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Edit : And for the people that were reading that same forum after last season, you might remember that everyone from other servers were laughing at Morai when they saw that Requiem had every cities on the map, saying that if this faction was that strong, all the other factions from the server should have ganked them.

People haven't seen Archosaur's map recently, have they? b:chuckle

Not even ganks work when the top faction is strong enough to defend everyone else on the map. How they have fun in that faction is beyond me, but that's neither here nor there.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Not even ganks work when the top faction is strong enough to defend everyone else on the map. How they have fun in that faction is beyond me, but that's neither here nor there.

That one is ugly map *-*
  • Daiv - Morai
    Daiv - Morai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    That one is ugly map *-*

Agreed.
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    bump

still no news v.v
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ok, not sure if hot is serious or just super stupid.

I'm so tired of this bs. Hot, we all know that you pm other faction officers to arrange ganks. There are even screenshots, but ppl are too scared to send them or PWI just doesn't care (maybe it's because hot is funding our server, could be). Crisis has no teamplay at all (what you can see in my TW video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Gl4lSoBGI). you could have defended longer if you work as a team, but NOPE.

Can GMs pls check this thread so we can get rid of this Hot guy.
    Any Agreement between Factions is bannable. And he arrenged several ganks for weeks.
    So i request a ban for xXHotXx. TY b:thanks

PS: i called you ****** because you killed me after the battle was over. I dont care about being onehitted. I got 1hitted by vengence for 72k once . My Gear isn't that good. A Person like you is a ******. You dont deserve any respect from anyone, because your behaviour towards others (not just me) is inacceptable.

b:laughb:laughb:cryb:laugh

i wanna see that rule that forbids several factions to attack another simultanously.
    especially after ganks got encouraged by the new tw timeslots...

the other parts of that statement rather remain uncommented, as hilariious as they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    bump

still no news v.v
    Pushing for May, but can't say for sure.

News, though its amazing a company cant keep their own schedule.
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options

Yep, I was about to copy/paste it as well. If even the CM doesn't really know... but we got an official answer at least
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

I like how the colors r matching ;O
    only the pink and red pops out
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    b:laughb:laughb:cryb:laugh

i wanna see that rule that forbids several factions to attack another simultanously.
    especially after ganks got encouraged by the new tw timeslots...

the other parts of that statement rather remain uncommented, as hilariious as they are.

Since you are still incapable of using the Search Function:
    All factions must have independent leadership

Any collaboration before, during, or after a Territory War that tries to circumvent the fair play of the system is prohibited.
    Found in: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1397581

Seeing as you are part of collaborating on focussed ganks together with other factions for ages already my guess is this is the rule you were asking for.
    There's nothing wrong with several factions that happen to attack the same one, but there's everything wrong with organising factions to attack the same faction on your request.
  • odieuxconnard
    odieuxconnard Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot please give Verenor 5 points for that uppercut on Rank9's face.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Since you are still incapable of using the Search Function:

Found in: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1397581

Seeing as you are part of collaborating on focussed ganks together with other factions for ages already my guess is this is the rule you were asking for.
    There's nothing wrong with several factions that happen to attack the same one, but there's everything wrong with organising factions to attack the same faction on your request.

"Independent leadership" means no alt factions, AKA you can't have 160 people active in one faction, decide to split them into two factions to gank and then have one leader calling the shots and collecting the coin for both.

A gank is independent leadership even if the leaders involved in the gank all blindly follow one leader of one guild, because they're still capable of breaking off and choosing to be mindless pawns at their own free will.

Just as a general reminder guys, I know we're cynical as **** here (and for good reason, to an extent) but please bear in mind the GMs and CMs kinda have to consult and defer to the devs in BASICALLY EVURYTHING, so typically any failings on behalf of the company are more at the hand of arrogance and negligence on behalf of the developers and main studio, not the GMs and CMs we deal with. In that sense, just try to keep that in mind and be thankful for what we do get, no matter how vague it may be. If we don't, then we get GMs and CMs going emo and quitting cause they feel unappreciated, the company becomes even LESS effective because of the constant in-and-out employees and information and tasks being lost between the transfers, and then it all just spirals downward.

Seen this a dozen times. Hell, just try visiting forums for competing MMOs; promise you they look the same as PWI and somehow every F2PMMO is "dead/dying." :P I'm 100% for constructive criticism when due, but often times these forums can get rather...petty. (not accusing you Cytte, just randomly taking this moment to feel all preachy) If you truly think PWI is the devil, I'd advise everyone to go check out that lovely hyped-as-hell MMO based on a game involving a "Dragonborn." See those lovely scathing reviews that call it a joke of a presentation with bugs, server crashes and backwards design decisions, all expecting it to crash and burn within months. If PWI were really as terribad as we paint it out to be, none of us would be playing. xP
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    +1 Longknife..

I have played most other games out there ..and at the momment PWI still beats them all for Game play and massive battles..

That being said...is part of the reason im soo upset at PWI..this is clearly a game with huge potential...

Yes i know the game is old and was designed by crazy asians..but that aside its still a damn good pvp MMO.

I guess i get upset when i see all this potential wasted ..it really just seems no-one in PWI Plays online games and has no idea how to grow this game beyond what they already have.

Even if PWI closes these servers PWI(the game) will not die....there simply is nothing to replace it..as all new games are being built based on 10-14 year old kids

Very few companys understand the market for MMO`s and most think there only option is to appeal to the masses of elementry school kids like WoW has.

Fact is the harder you make a game..the more you require skill..time..effort ..the better and longer the game lives.

The PVE in this game is still a joke..but they have been making small improvments,
    The PVP even if some classes are unbalanced (vs other specific classes) is by far better than any game out there..

The Gm`s Cm`s and Devs have provided a few paths for non-cash shoppers to prosper and develope in this game given time and effort..

The pvp is fairly balanced.(compaired)

What PWI needs is a recruitment drive...and a focus on low end content for new players..the people up top will stay because of time invested and gear as long as they have targets..

PvP`rs...i know you guys are a bit upset over the lack of activity,, but part of this is your fault,,you cant farm newbs all day and expect these people to stick around and develope into actual competition.

So..PVE`rs..try to pvp a bit more..even if just duels in arch..it will help you learn your class and will add to the pvp`rs enjoyment

PvP`rs...take breaks from farming those newbs and help them progress every now and then..start taking responcability for developeing the next generation of PWI players.

And Gm`s,Cm`s..Thank you...keep doing what you can to make PWI better
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if ganks are not allowed then why the game has 8 tw slots per faction..

enough said
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Chornobog - Archosaur
    Chornobog - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if ganks are not allowed then why the game has 8 tw slots per faction..

enough said

ganks as - well organised act of group of factions attacking one, two, three other factions are not allowed.

but as well some other banable things like (if we talk about TW):
    fake bidding
    owning more than one character with Officers' positions in TW active factions.

Even though some of Morai server players publicly agreed "committing" these actions (in World Chat) PWI does not take any actions or sanctions for that so far. So basiclly this discussion of legal/illegal is worthless until any kind of actions from PWI side would take place.
    Players are abusing and breaking rules more and more, what already made Morai server almost unplayable. All these intrigues and some players trying take almighty role take joy from game and, as you call it, makes "unballanced TW".

But back to the topic - this was way too long TW season and it is kinda getting very boring (TW wise). I would like to see more interesting maps for next season. b:pleased
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot please give Verenor 5 points for that uppercut on Rank9's face.
    Umm, is 'Verenor' really the right name for this?
    Try using their exact name with server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• odieuxconnard
    odieuxconnard Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Edit: Sweetiebot please give Verenor - Morai 5 points for that uppercut on Rank9's face.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ganks as - well organised act of group of factions attacking one, two, three other factions are not allowed.

This is allowed and even if it weren't, it'd be hella hard to prove it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yeah it can be hard to prove and some rules are outdated (I mean some years ago there were more bans and now they are more lazy, that's why they introduced auto-cultivation for example)
    Some rules have also always been a complete nonsense (for example the one saying you have to defend a land... I can understand that fake bids are not allowed and when you bid you must be sure to have "enough" power, but you can't decide when you will be attacked and the faction might have lost a lot of members and other ones not being available...)

Anyway regarding ganks, they are obvisously allowed. If you see that a faction is under attack you can still bid on it even if this is called a ganked as well.
    What is not allowed is :
    - 1) Asking to another faction to bid on a specific faction/land with you
    - 2) Telling to another faction where you decided to bid (because bids are supposed to be secret until the end of the bids period)
    - 3) Worse than above : Giving money to another leader to pay the bid on another faction
    - 4) Even worse : Giving money to a faction to overbid on your own land (to avoid being attacked by a stronger faction)

That being said I don't think we will see anymore someone being banned because of point 1 and 2.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Options
    What is not allowed is :
    - 1) Asking to another faction to bid on a specific faction/land with you
    - 2) Telling to another faction where you decided to bid (because bids are supposed to be secret until the end of the bids period)

Every single TW guild across every server is probably guilty of these two so it'd be pretty ridiculous to ban for it at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Every single TW guild across every server is probably guilty of these two so it'd be pretty ridiculous to ban for it at this point.

Back in the day, things were taken fairly seriously. PWE would actually ban faction leaders and force disbandment of a faction. Unfortunately, most of PWI's staff has been moved to other games by PWE. Thus, there is just about no support for this title. Ban's almost never happen. When they do, they are often unjustified. A lot of people get auto-banned if they are reported and have to submit tickets to get unbanned.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Back in the day, things were taken fairly seriously. PWE would actually ban faction leaders and force disbandment of a faction. Unfortunately, most of PWI's staff has been moved to other games by PWE. Thus, there is just about no support for this title. Ban's almost never happen. When they do, they are often unjustified. A lot of people get auto-banned if they are reported and have to submit tickets to get unbanned.

I have never heard of anyone on HL being banned for organizing a stack. The only bans we get TW-wise are for fake-bidding and a couple times of people being dicks and reporting officers for having alts in other TW guilds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Post from the previous CM (v4):
    Hey everyone,

I'm sorry for any confusion that's occurred. First off, the rules posted on the forum here are the official rules.

The pertinent section is this:

Quote:
    Leaders may not have alternate factions or be members of competing factions

Players in any kind of leadership capacity (Leader, Director, Marshall, or Executor) of a faction that participates in Territory Wars cannot have alternate factions that participate in Territory Wars on the same server. If you are in a leadership position of a faction, you cannot be a member of another faction that participates in Territory Wars on the same server.
    There are two primary frustrations that I see here, and I'd like to talk about them.

1) This rule is not perceived as fair.
    2) The way we are enforcing this rule is not perceived as fair.

Regarding the first concern:

It's true that not every Leader of a TW Faction who has an alt char in another TW Faction is going to be gaming the system. And those specific players are affected negatively by this rule, as it is intended to prevent gaming the TW system with fake bidding, inappropriate Faction collaboration, etc.

I am sorry that those honest players are negatively affected, but this rule is necessary to punish players who are violating the spirit of Territory Wars.

Regarding the second concern:

From what I understand, this rule has often been violated in the past, and many players are now being punished for what they believed was allowed, or at least not enforced. Although that may be the case, this rule does exist, and it can and will be enforced.

It's also true that we rely on our players to inform us when others are violating the rules. Our support team does their best to stay on top of all kinds of violations and player concerns, but specific complaints are the most readily acted upon.

Please also know that we do review rules like this on a regular basis, and we rely on your feedback to know how they're received and how effective they are.

- Val

As stated above, officers of a tw faction are technically not allowed to have alts in another tw faction. However, in practice, it is very common for officers of tw faction to have alts or even have control of a whole alt-faction owning significant amount of tw lands. The last time that people has been ban for breaching this rule was 1 year ago. There has been people 'abusing' this rule in the past. People from one faction would 'mass ticket' to ban people from the rival tw faction so that the latter cannot attend tw.

To further quote the tw bidding rules:
    For further clarification, we are by no means discouraging factions from participating in TW. The fact of the matter is, there will be factions that try to cheat the system. Honestly, most of the players who are being so nit picky about the rules, are the ones who intend to abuse them. If you think your faction has a legitimate chance to win the TW, then by all means go for it.

People abusing the system is pretty much why this rule is not really been enforced anymore.

Making alliances to 'gank' another faction is officially allowed (with some conditions) as per stated on this thread:
    Alliances
    Alliances are allowed in Territory Wars provided they are not bidding on each other others Territories.

Alliances cannot fund directly or indirectly another faction to protect one of its own territories or that of their alliance members.

Fake bidding is stilling being eligible for bans. A few months ago, a faction leader on HT was banned (for 1 week) for outbidding on his own land using an alt faction in order to keep his land. This is pretty much the only rule that has been enforced in the recent moments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Doesn't matter about it anyways, certain people will find ways to sabotage others in ways rules can't account for.

Playing fair is a foreign concept to Harshlands, not sure about other servers.

b:shutup
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Chornobog - Archosaur
    Chornobog - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    there is no point in any rules if some1 keeps breaking those and none punish any1.

as well tw loose interest cause runners joins winning faction making it stronger and then cry for interesting tws..... or lack of PVP.

but yes PWI better introduce us to Arc instead of solving technical issues. they bring up new stuff which bascilly crosses with old rules. i do start to think only few ppl in PWI staff actually knows their own rules. that's why all this mess.
    Lately I dont know what you should do to get a perma ban
  • Mythbreaker - Harshlands
    Mythbreaker - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    After submitting a ticket, the response is as follows:

"Thank you for contacting us. We understand how important it is for you to know the specific date of the Territory Wars reset. Unfortunately, we have no say over any game decisions, however we send up reports with feedback/suggestions often to the developers. We kindly suggest to please refer to our forums, as its been said that they are trying to do it on the month of May but will not announce for a specific date. We recommend watching news posts and patch notes in the future.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

b:surrender
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Options
    At least this confirms my suspicions that we literally need a patch from CN for this and the GMs here can't do it themselves for whatever reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    At least this confirms my suspicions that we literally need a patch from CN for this and the GMs here can't do it themselves for whatever reason.
    PWE's just the publisher. They aren't able to make changes to the server files. Wanmei has to do the reset, and for that to happen, PWE needs to communicate that they want it and schedule when they want it to happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    EU's CM has announced it would be at the end of the month.

Source : http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showpost.php?p=1039212&postcount=1
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options