The Complete Arc Analasys

Options

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Options
    My system is Win7 Home 64-bit. It seems that it's crazy random which way will work.
    Yeah I was trying to figure that out a while back and never got very far into it because it was about the time they encrypted the config files for Arc so I got busy hacking them. Home isn't one of the ones I usually use because of it's limitations, but I'm not surprised that it's different.

I saw someone else post it as ["C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe" "startbypatcher"] in another thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soooooooos - Sanctuary
    Soooooooos - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so if i add this "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclien.exe" startbypatcher" to the target !! it suppose to make me run the game without arc ? or dual ?

i dont know whats going on but i cant get in to game even when i change the target name

it load ARC and its trying to download the stupid game again and i dont know why, i have the game installed on my PC long time why would it download it again !!?

this is just something stupid by PWI , the game was running fine
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so if i add this "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclien.exe" startbypatcher" to the target !! it suppose to make me run the game without arc ? or dual ?

i dont know whats going on but i cant get in to game even when i change the target name

it load ARC and its trying to download the stupid game again and i dont know why, i have the game installed on my PC long time why would it download it again !!?

this is just something stupid by PWI , the game was running fine
    Yes, depending on which OS you have, one of the posted strings should work. You can dual-client and it launches the client without launching the patcher+Arc.

Have you run the registry tool as I described earlier in this thread to update Arc with your clients location?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soooooooos - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yes, depending on which OS you have, one of the posted strings should work. You can dual-client and it launches the client without launching the patcher+Arc.

Have you run the registry tool as I described earlier in this thread to update Arc with your clients location?

Let me look where is ur post and if i understand correct The OS is 7 Home premium
  • Soooooooos - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i used the RegRepair in this link https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/related/1

yet it keep ask me to sign in with arc and when i try to log to game again it ask me to download the full game i try to ADD the game and i add the patcher but it go again to download the full game b:surrender
  • Soooooooos - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    what if i move the PWI file to arc folder !! is that gonna help ?
    edited April 2014
    Options
    what if i move the PWI file to arc folder !! is that gonna help ?
    I installed Arc to D:\Games and when testing, Arc downloaded PWI into that same folder so it's at D:\Games\PWI_en_3 (though now I think it's just PWI_en for the client folder again.)

With the latest Arc updates, I have not tested yet if Arc will recognize the client when it's installed if the client is already in the correct folder. It should, but I haven't tested it so I can't say for certain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hey SylenThunder.

I have redownloaded PWI via Arc days ago, Already having PWI_en folder (from where I already played the game), interestingly, Arc installed the 'new' pwi into PWI_en already existing folder (Yes it downloaded the entire thing all over, had to make an update, was before arc was forced).

Also, we could use this thread being sticky just by chance...
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bloom - Heavens Tear
    Bloom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    On some of my PC's they have the quotes at either end, and on some they don't have quotes. if it doesn't work with the quotes, try removing them, or vice versa.
    At a guess... it may be if the path has spaces in it, Windows will need the quotes. e.g. mine's installed at C:\32 bit Program Files\Games - Arc\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe because I hate things installing themselves in the root, and hate the (x86) naming convention in 64 bit Windows :)
    edited April 2014
    Options
    At a guess... it may be if the path has spaces in it, Windows will need the quotes. e.g. mine's installed at C:\32 bit Program Files\Games - Arc\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe because I hate things installing themselves in the root, and hate the (x86) naming convention in 64 bit Windows :)

I'll have to take a look at that later tonight on my systems. I know on the main PC where there aren't any quotes (and it fails if I put any), it's 64-bit Win7 and there aren't any spaces in the path.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeadSlice - Sanctuary
    DeadSlice - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but it seems there's a temporary way around arc.

If you have a client/patcher from before arc was required, I think you can have it update then start pwi from the patcher while it's still up (Because it doesn't close after finishing patching).

Obviously this isn't a permanent fix, but for small things (like daily check in that Im trying to do before reset), I think it will work. I'm currently patching a version from 743 to whatever the current version is, and will try to confirm this after it finishes. b:surrender
    "I'm sure we'll be fine; Clerics are overrated." *promptly killed by boss* "Um, that's never happened before? b:surrender"
  • DeadSlice - Sanctuary
    DeadSlice - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yeah, updating the old patcher will get you at least one login without arc, but the update took me the same time as downloading the whole game again through arc, so idk if it was worth it.b:surrender
    "I'm sure we'll be fine; Clerics are overrated." *promptly killed by boss* "Um, that's never happened before? b:surrender"
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I could be seeing wrong but something i think i just saw on my PC and laptop

I had 2 accounts up on my laptop, lets say acctA and acctB.
    laptop started pwi from ARC-A

I turned on acctC on my desktop with ARC-C

I spammed the new item code for arc "Ehcr5GT5" right after the other on
    ARC-A, ARC-B, and ARC-C, logging them on 1 by 1 on my desktop.

After i finished, i noticed my laptop had a pop up ARC-A window saying to sign back in.
    I x'ed out that window and checked if my pwi acctA client was online. It was.
    Basically i seemed to have booted myself out of ARC on my laptop.....from my desktop.
    I checked task manager and ARC was completely offline on my laptop.

@_@ so i guess thats 1 way to get arc down on 1 computer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else, but it seems there's a temporary way around arc.

If you have a client/patcher from before arc was required, I think you can have it update then start pwi from the patcher while it's still up (Because it doesn't close after finishing patching).

Obviously this isn't a permanent fix, but for small things (like daily check in that Im trying to do before reset), I think it will work. I'm currently patching a version from 743 to whatever the current version is, and will try to confirm this after it finishes. b:surrender
    I posted instructions on the page previous and in a few other threads. Just run elementclient.exe with the "startbypatcher" argument and you don't even need Arc installed. sparkiesoft even linked to my fix in his thread that's stickied. b:victory
    I could be seeing wrong but something i think i just saw on my PC and laptop

I had 2 accounts up on my laptop, lets say acctA and acctB.
    laptop started pwi from ARC-A

I turned on acctC on my desktop with ARC-C

I spammed the new item code for arc "Ehcr5GT5" right after the other on
    ARC-A, ARC-B, and ARC-C, logging them on 1 by 1 on my desktop.

After i finished, i noticed my laptop had a pop up ARC-A window saying to sign back in.
    I x'ed out that window and checked if my pwi acctA client was online. It was.
    Basically i seemed to have booted myself out of ARC on my laptop.....from my desktop.
    I checked task manager and ARC was completely offline on my laptop.

@_@ so i guess thats 1 way to get arc down on 1 computer
    So are you running multiple Arc isntances, or just logging in and out? I just have each account on a different PC for Arc purposes atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I posted instructions on the page previous and in a few other threads. Just run elementclient.exe with the "startbypatcher" argument and you don't even need Arc installed. sparkiesoft even linked to my fix in his thread that's stickied. b:victory

Question though, how do you patch that way then? Just normally run the patcher instead on wednesdays? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Question though, how do you patch that way then? Just normally run the patcher instead on wednesdays? :o
    yeah. Or what I do is download the manual patch and run it. It will start the patcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    yeah. Or what I do is download the manual patch and run it. It will start the patcher.

I see, thanks. Then I'm a happy kitten without arc. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hey SylenThunder b:bye

I just noticed, if you move stringtab.txt from Launcher directory to Patcher directory, Arc behaviour might change.

First, Arc launched PWI won't make Arc unclosable.
    Overlay will not be launched
    Arc will not bypass game login
    And Arc will not be integrated to the game, even if the game IS LAUNCHED through Arc.

I think some people maybe can still access the game normally because of an outdated stringstab.txt?

Looks like a normal text file to me tho.

Also, even if integrated, if you disconnect from the internet Arc will close, leaving the game open. It will then restart on reconnection allowing to run a 2nd instance of the game (Even with correct stringtabs.txt and integrated mode with sucky overlay and all);
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serafemme - Lost City
    Serafemme - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sylen, could you post the link to the registry repair that you uploaded, please? PWE took the article on the support page down and the zip has been removed from GameFront.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So are you running multiple Arc isntances, or just logging in and out? I just have each account on a different PC for Arc purposes atm.
    i was logging each account in and out on my desktop. 1 of which arc account was already logged into the laptop, got booted off arc completely, but pwiclient remained active.

laptop:
    login ARC-a
    startup client 1
    startup client 2

desktop:
    login ARC-a

laptop:
    booted off ARC-a
    client 1 remains
    client 2 remains
    no ARC on task manager
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yes, Arc only allows the account to be logged into one PC at a time. If you log into the account on one PC it will auto-kick any other location that is logged in.

Which is a nice feature from an account safety point of view. Not sure why it kills Arc entirely. In my early testing Arc would "reboot" and prompt for a login. Not entirely certain why it didn't do that on the laptop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ok, so it's about time I posted it..

The ARC bypass is simple.

Create a .bat file (make a new text file with extention .bat) inside the element folder

inside put the following:
    start elementclient.exe arc:1

This will bypass running ARC because elementclient thinks that ARC started it

(note this can be done on patcher.exe as well)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • sm3ag0l
    sm3ag0l Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i dont get what all the fuzz is about since i read to download arc i havent done nothing i still open and play the game the old way also multi client without problems so i see no reason to dl arc as long as my game still funtions :) so i dont see what i did different then most ppl because my game still works perfect withput using arcb:laugh
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ok, so it's about time I posted it..

The ARC bypass is simple.

Create a .bat file (make a new text file with extention .bat) inside the element folder

inside put the following:
    start elementclient.exe arc:1

This will bypass running ARC because elementclient thinks that ARC started it

(note this can be done on patcher.exe as well)
    So far I've only found that necessary with the Patcher. Launchind Elementlient with the "startbypatcher" argument seems to work fine. (Though that method may be required after a future update.)

Thanks for posting the arc:1 argument though. So far the only part that I've found calls Arc is the Patcher, so editing your shortcut for the patcher to add "arc:1" will ignore the Arc requirement.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Personally for me, the easiest way to bypass arc is to delete "arcsdk.dll" from my pwi folder then run pwi through "elementclient" but I have to delete "arcsdk.dll" everytime from a fresh restart.
  • Elementous - Momaganon
    Elementous - Momaganon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    My son had been playing PWI on my PC this morning. When I wanted to play, I switched accounts to mine and saw that my blessing was due to run out shortly. I went to Arc to get a new blessing, but my son's account was still logged in there. There's no option (as far as I can tell) to switch account there, so I had to shut down Arc AND PWI and reboot the whole thing. Even after doing that, the server settings on the blessing redemption were messed up (reported this in the "Free Blessing" stickied thread) so I can't get a new one at the moment anyway b:angry *frustrated more than ever with Arc/PWI*
    edited April 2014
    Options
    My son had been playing PWI on my PC this morning. When I wanted to play, I switched accounts to mine and saw that my blessing was due to run out shortly. I went to Arc to get a new blessing, but my son's account was still logged in there. There's no option (as far as I can tell) to switch account there, so I had to shut down Arc AND PWI and reboot the whole thing. Even after doing that, the server settings on the blessing redemption were messed up (reported this in the "Free Blessing" stickied thread) so I can't get a new one at the moment anyway b:angry *frustrated more than ever with Arc/PWI*
    Try closing all programs out, clear your Internet cache for all browsers, and clear the Java cache also. Then run "ipconfig /flushdns" and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elementous - Momaganon
    Elementous - Momaganon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Try closing all programs out, clear your Internet cache for all browsers, and clear the Java cache also. Then run "ipconfig /flushdns" and try again.

Thanks for the reply. Tried it and sadly it didn't work :( Will submit a ticket and hope for the best...
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Tried it and sadly it didn't work :( Will submit a ticket and hope for the best...

Wut happen
  • ichselba
    ichselba Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to ask if u guys any suggestion for me:

After starting first client every time I try to start a second one the screen freezes after selecting the character I wanna play. Doesnt matter if ARC is running or not, if elementclient is the same or a copy in another folder. Under Win7 -64 Bit on my Desktop screen always freezes.
    On my Notebook I can open a second cleint. Any suggestions please?