Options
1235»

Comments

• WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Now that's pretty kool concept b:victory

I've already made up a few 'fan classes' for most of the races, to try and give each race equal numbers of HA, LA, and AA. The ones I came up with so far:

Human: Gunner - Gunners opt for light armor, making themselves quick and light. The growing numbers of the Humans have allowed them to expand their abilities, becoming a gun slinging master. Gunners use their bullets are debuffers, infusing the core of the bullet with a special property that may allow the enemy to be poisoned, burned, weaken them, or just let them bleed out. Quick, but not quiet, those who chose this class must be ready to run from a coming enemy, while being able to assist.

Winged Elf: Paladin - Paladins are heavy armor fighters who use shields and swords as their weapon. They are blessed by the light of Pangu, and are able to use spells along with striking with blade and shield. For a few seconds they can grant immunity to squad members within range. Not necessarily a tank, Paladins are there to cover their allies and protect those who stand besides them.

Untamed: Gonna make up a male and female class for this :D Noth will be Light Armored

Monks (Male) - Monks have evolved further than Barbarians, their minds growing while their body changes. These warriors now take a more human appearance, keeping only a few features of their past feral life. Monks use fist rings and their weapon, relying more on finding enemy's pressure points rather than dealing damage. With these pressure points they render the enemy to lose their armor for a short amount of time. Monks who are so in tune with their center will even my able to shut the Soulforce of one down for a period of time.

*Monks will be more humanoid, keeping only a tail, ears, animal eyes, and sharp claws as remnants of their past life. Along with the lion, tiger, panda, and wolf barb/monks will come new beasties, a snow leopard and grizzly bear*

Ringmasters (Female) - Female untamed who have taken a turn on the 'bad girl' side call themselves the Ringmasters. Unlike their sisters, the Venomancer, Ringmasters do not heal their pets. With a sharp crack of the whip, they send their ferocious beasts into battle. Do not be fooled by the pets though, Ringmasters are very offensive. With their whips they can deal decent damage at quick speeds. If a pet is to fall in battle, they have no worries, they have a parade of beasties behind them. Who knows, maybe they can even turn a very pet/summon against it's master?...

*Ringmasters will appear more animal than their sisters. They will have sharper horns, longer ears and tails with more fur. Their pupils will be slits and their claws long. An added Raccoon ini will be available.*

Tideborn: Dragoon - Dragoons are heavy armored warriors with lances as their weapon choice. They are not heavy hitters, but instead are the class to choose when wanting to throw the enemy back or keeping them in one place. With the mighty lances Dragoons throw at their enemies, they are able to control a single enemy. Once a master Dragoon has been raised, they will find themselves gaining a few abilities to keep crowds at bay with multiple lances.

Earthguard: Bards - Bards are musically inclined, wearing light weight armor to allow them to move freely while still maintaining defense. Bards use different instruments as 'weapons', although they would rather stand behind the front line, using their airy voices and nimble fingers to assist their allies, raising their valor and will power. However, if you find yourself on the bad side of a Bard, beware. They will use their music to ensnare you, trapping your very mind, enabling you yo use your attacks. If they so wish it, they could drain the very life out of you, or even your magical power.

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    either it was an april fool's joke afterall, or some people just aren't doing it right because I'm launched into game without it launching arc. just launching from elementclient.exe works fine for me. of course it brings up the patcher/launcher like it has been doing for a while now, but no magical arc launch along side that.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • KatherineP - Morai
    KatherineP - Morai Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

tyvm :) but they should fix that we cant close arc while there is any game running
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    either it was an april fool's joke afterall, or some people just aren't doing it right because I'm launched into game without it launching arc. just launching from elementclient.exe works fine for me. of course it brings up the patcher/launcher like it has been doing for a while now, but no magical arc launch along side that.b:bye

Same here!
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Thx. But a hint from a GM on that would have been better.

Not a joke. But: English client forces arc, German client (and probably French client too) doesnt....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Not a joke. But: English client forces arc, German client (and probably French client too) doesnt....

I'm launching the english client perfectly fine without Arc being launched, they dun goofed. In a good way for once.
    Also you could've noticed that Baalbak is on the DW server (at least I think he still is, haven't seen him in a while though), which is US, not EU.
    And so is Angel_Spawn (to the part that he plays the english client / US server)
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Xx_sixx_xx - Sanctuary
    Xx_sixx_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Weird, my arc isnt updating the client. I keep trying to get it to patch and says my version is too low.

Edit: nevermind there was a elementclient running but not showing anywhere, had to end process in task monitor
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm launching the english client perfectly fine without Arc being launched, they dun goofed. In a good way for once.
    Also you could've noticed that Baalbak is on the DW server (at least I think he still is, haven't seen him in a while though), which is US, not EU.
    And so is Angel_Spawn (to the part that he plays the english client / US server)

Dun worry, I saw their servers. That still doesnt automatically mean they are using the English client, non-US people are playing on US servers too.

But still weird that Arc isnt popping up everywhere....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Caldera - Raging Tide
    Caldera - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Is it possible that you guys are using a somewhat older isntall of PW? I reinstalled the game a few weeks ago, and ARC is forced open when i click my element client. I also can't exit it, just like they stated would happen. Others on Raging Tides server have not had this problem. And by the way it seems that know matter if ARC is opened or not for you with this update, you can still multi-client. THAT was my biggest fear. b:shocked
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm in the US, and I use the English client. Actually... I never realized there was any other version of it o.0

oh and.. I've been on a long hiatus from barbary until I got my seeker back up to 101 again for the third time. And there was the break from game entirely before that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Annoying - Lost City
    Annoying - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

GM did. in the Arc Intergration thread.
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    This integration is like the malaysian airplane : we all know it existed but it's a total mistery...
    Some said crushed , some say alive some say they received phones.

It's a total enigma this integration. It happenes but it's a blurr.
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • $rox_in$ - Archosaur
    $rox_in$ - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    cant update my game client when add games to arc with existing game and try to to play then it will open arc window and tell need to install pwi new horizon mean again need to download 12gb of data
    b:cry
  • belam1
    belam1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ok wth is happening to pwi? Its becoming so complicated to just enjoy playing the game. i downloaded the patch an updated my game this morning logged in as usual did bh and then got booted out. I know cannot log back in to pwi, arc is popping up telling me to download the game again via their platform i have tried the repair tool and it does not work!!! someone please help me I'm about to break something b:angryb:angry
  • LadyDagger - Morai
    LadyDagger - Morai Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

close ur game and try to start it again. See what happens b:cry
  • r0xmin3
    r0xmin3 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    did they fix the dq rewards sistem?
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    r0xmin3 wrote: »
    did they fix the dq rewards sistem?

yes they did. Its gone like it was announced.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So umm, arc doesnt launch at all. Unless i actually launch arc. Have i somehow avoided the "full arc integration"? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I would suggest a 'monk-like' class.

First I'll tell why and how I came to this thought:

The assassin class was always meant to skillspam, come from stealth with 2 or 3 skills and defeat casters asap (Mainly clerics and venos of the opposite team).

The in-game gear combinations allowed for a different style of sin, different than the devs thought for them. The Aps sins are everywhere, high crit, extremely high dps and so on.

The monk class has about 1.67 base aps with R9R3, Supporting DD, melee with more teleport skills than sin (thus more mobile/agile and compensating for the lack of stealth).

(29) I am a monk (Level 10)
    Cast: 5.0s
    Cooldown: 15s
    Increases stun resisistance by 35%. Increases Critical hit resistance by 5%.
    Lasts for 30 minutes;
    Generates 10 chi

(39) Counteract
    Chan: 0.5s
    Cast: 1.0s
    Cooldown: 30s
    The next attack you receive in 30s will teleport you directly to your attacker and deal damage based on your soulforce (skill damage). If the triggering attack/skill would cause a Crowd Control effect, then the effect is neglected.
    Generates 10 chi

(39) The Invisible Cascade
    Chan: 0.5s
    Cast: 0.5s
    Cooldown: 8s
    Hit your enemy with a convincing punch that will cause damage to the target every 0.5s for a maximum of 8 hits. These attacks deal a maximum of 50% of your base physical damage, plus 10~30% of your base damage (based on your soulforce)
    Generates 10 chi

(49) Flowing Sutra (Level 10)
    Cast: 2.0s
    Cooldown 15s
    Blesses allies within 10m, causes negative status to last 10% less and positive status to last 10% more. Lasts for 30 minutes.
    Generates 10 chi

(49) Vault Breaker (Level 10)
    Range: 18m
    Chan: 0.8s
    Cast: 1.0s
    Jump into your target with a badass ninja shaolin punch knocking it 2 meters back. Deals Base physical damage plus 4346 damage. The knock back effect works on PvP and will interrupt enemy channeling.
    Generates 10 chi

(59) The Forbidden Move
    Range: 18m
    Chan: 1.2s
    Cast: 5.0s
    Jump into your target like a shadow and then bounce into nearby enemies dealing damage on each bounce, This attack may bounce twice in the same target, but will not work if there is no targets nearby. (The game logics prefer targets never bounced into, but if happens to rebounce on the same target, target takes 50% less damage than the last time he was bounced into) Each bounce deals base physical damage plus 200% plus 6771.0 damage, maximum of 10 bounces. During the 5s cast of this skill, become immune to stuns and reduces damage taken by 15%
    Costs 2 sparks;

(79 Vacuity) Shaolin Shadows
    Cast: Instant
    Cooldown: 60s
    When in a hard position, the monk is able to focus his concentration and find a better way, gives 120% speed for 15s and also gives Damage/Status evasion of 50% for 4s.
    Costs 1 spark;

Idk There could be a class in game that is ACTUALLY meant to aps, remove this aps burden from assassins.

The main question is: The assassin is the only class that ends up using an APS gear for pve and MAYBE, just MAYBE a full r9r3/g16 gear for pvp, that's not how the class was meant to be.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It's a pity that the translation of "Archosaur" isn't really a good one - from what I'm told, the proper translation should be Dragon City (which puts the Dragon City envoy and that marine ship in a different context). Nevertheless, after kitties, birdies, fishies and hippies I think a draconic decendant race would be a good addition to this game.

I agree with the above that a fist/claw-focused Monk-style class would be a good melee/physical version. In terms of elemental damage use, the earth and fire types are kinda underused, so it'd be nice to bring those into focus for the caster side. Suggestion:

Race: Draconic Disciples
    Description: An ancient race of humanoid beings which lay claim to a Draconic heritage. The Disciples of <dragon name> shunned contact with the outside world for centuries, having withdrawn themselves from what they considered to be the petty conflicts the humans and winged elves. However, with the Wraith invasion threatening their home, they were forced to break their isolation.

Class: Draconic Monk
    Description: The Draconic Monk is a master of unarmed martial combat. While a monk will never wield a forged blade, their unmatched mental and physical discipline has shaped their very body into a weapon.
    (Limitation: May only use Claw or Fist weapons. Dex-based damage much like an assassin. Defensive/evasion buff types - evasion-based tank)

Class: Draconic Sorceror
    Description: The Draconic Sorcerors are those among the Disciples of <dragon name> whose blood "awakens" during their childhood. Following a strong emotion, magical ability can spontaneously manifest. Sorcerors are trained to both calm and enrage themselves in order to awaken the magic in their blood.
    (Ranged caster, arcane. Fire and earth type magic. Strong skills with long cooldowns to reflect that emotional fury triggers their ability - skill descriptions accordingly).

[Edit] Incidentally, agree with previous post on sins ending up an APS slugger class. Quick and dirty fix: Make bloodpaint trigger ONLY on skill use - that'll make sins useless for APS braindead autoculti, and force sin players to actually pay attention to their toon...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • gokceerer1
    gokceerer1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    lots of maintenance and updates has happened since you launched this rb thingy..i wonder when you guys will fix that 2nd rb quest so that we can keep on doing those quests also instead of just doing dailies and fcs all day
  • Shaylamis - Raging Tide
    Shaylamis - Raging Tide Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if i had game installed and moved from original point of installation (changed HDD), so Arc dont detect it installed. I have to dowload whole game again???

(btw, i guess if game launches with arc, i dont have to log in again in game?? like garena did with their server)
  • Healer_Star_ - Archosaur
    Healer_Star_ - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Maintenance Question: If you could make your own custom class, what would it be and how would it function?

Succubus Class >:D DD mage class b:pleased
    - in many instances succubus's are shown as soul sealers or using promiscuous charm to steal life energy.

Skills revolve around:

~Stun/silence skill
    ~Hp Steal
    ~Own Hp regen skill
    ~Some aoe hp steal/damage skills

Why?
    Because succubus's are awesome :D

No sorry didnt come up with detailed descriptions because i dont have that much of an attention span to do so.......
    QQ to me ......so i can punch you in the face :D b:cute

YOU CAN LIVE WITH OUT FC SO STOP ASKING FOR IT BACK b:surrender

I <3 NYJ b:dirty
  • ariceli
    ariceli Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    well to be honest i have a game idea in my head to make, with tons of races and classes. so if you would really like to know an epic class/race i have not seen in existence in any game I've played to date you will have to pay for that special information ;D. but of course in this game every race has a melee and magic class to it. so without giving to much away the melee would use giant spears. and the magic would use wind/light magic in all its fancyness lol

b:laugh so if you really wana know all the details and wana pay just email me b:chuckle

Lovers
    ~illy~b:dirty
  • Farcegamer - Lost City
    Farcegamer - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dear GM if you are reading this, why the hell did you bind Arc to PWI now i need to download the game again... thinking of quiting now thanks for nothing!!!
  • Bramblethorn - Dreamweaver
    Bramblethorn - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I have several ideas on the subject of new toons for PWI. However, I would like to know if there is incentive for these ideas. I would like to hear back, before I make the suggestion.

Bramblethorn/ davu99
  • Zegeris - Archosaur
    Zegeris - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't, I'd try to ballance out the classes before thinking of a new one. But I'd think about expaning the turn into animals bit of PW

First maybe?

Oh hey I beat Sweetiebot
    Can we work on fixing the veno air glitch please? It's been a issue for air battling when me and my friend tried to kill mobs in the air.