[Maintenance Discussion]-4-1-14 COMPLETE

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Hello all!

Tonight, 4/1 we will be having our scheduled maintenance from 11PM - 2AM PDT. Below are the patch notes.

Check here for time conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...0314T07&p1=224

Arc

Arc is now fully integrated into PWI. Launching the game will now also launch Arc.

Localization

Venomancer
*The Demon version of Bramble Guard now lists the correct duration.
*The Fossilized Curse tooltip has been updated to specify that it only removed effects that increase Magic Defense.
*The Demon version of Grudge Strike now lists the correct increase in channeling time.

User Interface
*Misc. grammatical fixes.

Manual Patches:
EN:
765-779
777-779

DE:
275-289
288-289

FR:
235-249
248-249

Maintenance Question: If you could make your own custom class, what would it be and how would it function?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't, I'd try to ballance out the classes before thinking of a new one. But I'd think about expaning the turn into animals bit of PW

First maybe?

Oh hey I beat Sweetiebot
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot slow as hell
    So here's the manual patch for the great Arcgenocide due to tinfoil hats.
    777-779

What my custom class would be?

Race: PWE
    Class: Staff
    Description:
    You gain 100% ability to ignore any and all comments made. You do what you want and if needed, you will do it by force.
    Non if your skills will ever miss.
    Your role is definitely not to support your (squad) members or community, you solely focus on your own gain.
    When you do something wrong, just say whoops, our bad, we'll fix it and then make it worse.

Extra passive skill:
    Extreme defense against QQ.
    At level 10 it makes you 100% resistant against complaints.

Counterquestion!
    Sparkie, how well did the management think this Arc thing through, and why did they think it would be a good idea in the first place since no one ever asked or desired such a system? Never the less the way it's forced upon people.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot slow as hell
    Shall I tell you something about hell?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options

SweetieBot, please do tell me something about hell.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

SweetieBot, please do tell me something about hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Options

You're drunk
  • Ilyania - Lost City
    Ilyania - Lost City Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've already made up a few 'fan classes' for most of the races, to try and give each race equal numbers of HA, LA, and AA. The ones I came up with so far:

Human: Gunner - Gunners opt for light armor, making themselves quick and light. The growing numbers of the Humans have allowed them to expand their abilities, becoming a gun slinging master. Gunners use their bullets are debuffers, infusing the core of the bullet with a special property that may allow the enemy to be poisoned, burned, weaken them, or just let them bleed out. Quick, but not quiet, those who chose this class must be ready to run from a coming enemy, while being able to assist.

Winged Elf: Paladin - Paladins are heavy armor fighters who use shields and swords as their weapon. They are blessed by the light of Pangu, and are able to use spells along with striking with blade and shield. For a few seconds they can grant immunity to squad members within range. Not necessarily a tank, Paladins are there to cover their allies and protect those who stand besides them.

Untamed: Gonna make up a male and female class for this :D Noth will be Light Armored

Monks (Male) - Monks have evolved further than Barbarians, their minds growing while their body changes. These warriors now take a more human appearance, keeping only a few features of their past feral life. Monks use fist rings and their weapon, relying more on finding enemy's pressure points rather than dealing damage. With these pressure points they render the enemy to lose their armor for a short amount of time. Monks who are so in tune with their center will even my able to shut the Soulforce of one down for a period of time.

*Monks will be more humanoid, keeping only a tail, ears, animal eyes, and sharp claws as remnants of their past life. Along with the lion, tiger, panda, and wolf barb/monks will come new beasties, a snow leopard and grizzly bear*

Ringmasters (Female) - Female untamed who have taken a turn on the 'bad girl' side call themselves the Ringmasters. Unlike their sisters, the Venomancer, Ringmasters do not heal their pets. With a sharp crack of the whip, they send their ferocious beasts into battle. Do not be fooled by the pets though, Ringmasters are very offensive. With their whips they can deal decent damage at quick speeds. If a pet is to fall in battle, they have no worries, they have a parade of beasties behind them. Who knows, maybe they can even turn a very pet/summon against it's master?...

*Ringmasters will appear more animal than their sisters. They will have sharper horns, longer ears and tails with more fur. Their pupils will be slits and their claws long. An added Raccoon ini will be available.*

Tideborn: Dragoon - Dragoons are heavy armored warriors with lances as their weapon choice. They are not heavy hitters, but instead are the class to choose when wanting to throw the enemy back or keeping them in one place. With the mighty lances Dragoons throw at their enemies, they are able to control a single enemy. Once a master Dragoon has been raised, they will find themselves gaining a few abilities to keep crowds at bay with multiple lances.

Earthguard: Bards - Bards are musically inclined, wearing light weight armor to allow them to move freely while still maintaining defense. Bards use different instruments as 'weapons', although they would rather stand behind the front line, using their airy voices and nimble fingers to assist their allies, raising their valor and will power. However, if you find yourself on the bad side of a Bard, beware. They will use their music to ensnare you, trapping your very mind, enabling you yo use your attacks. If they so wish it, they could drain the very life out of you, or even your magical power.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kniraven is so f-cking sexy
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot slow as hell
    So here's the manual patch for the great Arcgenocide due to tinfoil hats.
    777-779

Description:
    You gain 100% ability to ignore any and all comments made. You do what you want and if needed, you will do it by force.
    Non if your skills will ever miss.
    Your role is definitely not to support your (squad) members or community, you solely focus on your own gain.
    When you do something wrong, just say whoops, our bad, we'll fix it and then make it worse.

Extra passive skill:

Beat me to it and better written then I could have done, well played sir, well played b:victory
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Game will launch Arc?

is this Aprils FooL joke ?

b:laughb:laugh PWI U SO FUNNY
  • Izabeau - Sanctuary
    Izabeau - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So now, launching the game also launches ARC? Sorry, but I don't want ARC running on my computer. Period.
    There is abso-freakin-lutely NO REASON why ARC needs to be running to play PWI.
    Because of ARC, we lost DQ's, ie: event gold through Demon/Sage cards. For many of us, it was our only means of staying in the game, and so far - none of the geniuses of PWI or ARC have come up with anything as remotely rewarding for those of us who spend time on their game. So once again, the playerbase has been screwed over.
    Now we are forced to have yet another program running, just to play...without our consent? Well yippy ffing skippy.
    PWI has become a huge fail. End of Story.

(This better be an April Fool's joke..and if it is..it's a pretty pissy one. You dun fool with an Irish woman's temper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The only regrets in life are the chances not taken.

Mikael.. I loved you once - I love you still. Always have - always will. b:heart Ty for making me your wife - here and irl.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Get me a ****ing necromancer class with access to a horde of zombie bears plox.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: If you could make your own custom class, what would it be and how would it function?

I would revamp Assassin class completely.
    1. Revamp stealth, you can't perma stealth, but you can stealth, and when you attack with a spell or attack from stealth, you get a hit bonus for a period of time ("Surprise damage bonus"). This will make stealthing to runaway, or hide all the time essentially ineffective, but allow sins to have the proper surprise factor they have.
    2. Reduce the possibility for 1-shoting people with most unless you spike from stealth.
    3. Add traps into the game. Types: freezing, poisoning, slow, bleed, or AoE exploding. (Not to strong, but essentially causing some type of debuff to the player stepping on them.)
    4. Rework skills to be more bleed / poison based so you could kill people over time, or add some preventive poison that would disable them from getting buffs or heals or something like that. These skills stack so you could stack multiple bleeds or poisons like reverse Iron Heart Blessings.

b:victory
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Gontic - Dreamweaver
    Gontic - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hello all!

Tonight, 4/1 we will be having our scheduled maintenance from 11PM - 2AM PDT. Below are the patch notes.

Check here for time conversions: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...0314T07&p1=224

Arc

Arc is now fully integrated into PWI. Launching the game will now also launch Arc.

Localization

Venomancer
    *The Fossilized Curse tooltip has been updated to specify that it only removed effects that increase Magic Defense.
    *The Demon version of Grudge Strike now lists the correct increase in channeling time.

User Interface

Am i mistaken or wasn't there already a fix done to Demon Bramble Guard like 3 or 4 weeks ago?
  • Shoyahz - Heavens Tear
    Shoyahz - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Get me a ****ing necromancer class with access to a horde of zombie bears plox.

This. A necromancer. Summons would be individually weak but damage could mount up with the amount summoned. Summons are time limited. Uses dark magic, I dunno. I just always wanted a necromancer class.

OR

something that uses the whips in the game files b:victory
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

(This better be an April Fool's joke..and if it is..it's a pretty pissy one. You dun fool with an Irish woman's temper!

It isn't a joke when the update is going to occur past midnight, now is it?
  • SilverMayhem - Archosaur
    SilverMayhem - Archosaur Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hello all!

Arc

Localization

Venomancer

User Interface

"Arc is now fully integrated into PWI. Launching the game will now also launch Arc."
    Not really sure how I feel about this SparkieSpark. I've always had mixed feelings about Arc even when more than 50% of the Community has been bashing it. I've always thought of Arc as an attempt at a PWI "Steam" Account. But if I'm correct, you don't need Steam running to Launch games or something of that nature. Could you tell use how much stress this would be on an Average joes computer/Laptop. Like a HP Pav. G4-6. Something with 2-4GB of Ram. 250-500Memory. Intel Graphics Card (3500-4500). i2-4 Processor.

Ether Blade – Humans
    • Blade Master – HA
    • Wizard – AA
    • Amazon – LA (Uses Javelins. Giving the Humans a Range/Close class like the Seeker. Giving her the Ability to Throw and Jab a target. Skills would consist of heavy usage with Physical and Metal Damage).

City of the Lost – Untamed
    • Barbarian – HA
    • Venomancer – AA
    • Druid – LA (Using single Sword in the form of a short sword. Giving the Untamed a, basically, Male Veno but with a twist. Summon “spirit” pets along with being able to call upon nature. Skills would be primary Wood based).

City of the Plume – Winged Elf
    • Cleric – AA
    • Archer – LA
    • High Elf/Paladin/Valkyrie – HA (Using Sword and Shield. Giving the Winged Elf a close range class like a barb but having a slight change in group with abilities that give “Auras” of Defense or Offense. Skills would primary be Physical Damage).

City of Raging Tides – Tide Born
    • Assassin – LA
    • Psychic – AA
    • Lancer – HA (Using Pikes/Spears. Giving Tide Borns’ a Midrange class. Damage would be Physical and Water based).

Tellus City – Earth Guards
    • Seekers – HA
    • Mystics – AA
    • Necromancer – LA (Using Wands or single Dagger. Giving the Earth Guards a Midrange Caster/close up DD. Ability to summon (after taming) a monsters undead corpse/Skeleton. Using a Dagger to also cast midrange and close up Attacks (Cursing, “backstab”, Poison kills, ect.) only really using the Wand to Summon a pet or objects (Such as a Bone prison)).

I think many of us, during our spare time when not creating "Spot Squads", Trolling, or even possibly playing that other game Called Real Life, where there are no respond, have thought of different classes. I for one have not only thought of a way to "Balance" out the fact that there is only 3 Melee classes (No i do not count Seeker as 1 either. Their ability to be at a close/melee range is only a factor because of their HA armor set.) but have gone as far as thinking up skills for each class. I'll admit, with not Character Game designing background experience. Skill work is very difficult.

Question: To all the people that have posted up "Balance" questions for classes, or rather been crying that there is no balance between classes tho have only just brought this up because of Might Swing and other Skill vamps that the 3 Melee Classes of PWI have gotten even tho clearly there was never a balanced to beginning with (So in other words, you didn't get a shiny new toy to play with while others did).

Have you even thought that maybe the reason why PWI is having a hard time finding "Balance" in classes is because UNLIKE other games. This game has no PvP Payed Tournament where they can see what classes are either Under played, Over used, what skills need reworking, which skills have no use (I.E. Firestorm for Barbs.) and try and fix?

I've seen alot of game names being thrown around but most (if not all) have a PvP Tournament (which pays out in someway to the players) that allow the game devs/creators to revamp skill/characters in a more "Balanced" way. With out that kind of a system. This game, the more and more I play it, is a Community based game more than a Dev/GM interaction game. Its up to the community to make this game great. Community sucks, game sucks. (Thought what sucks is also a matter of opinion.)
    Logic = Against ToS. It's the answer to all "Wtf..." Moments during normal gameplay with other players.
  • Izabeau - Sanctuary
    Izabeau - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It isn't a joke when the update is going to occur past midnight, now is it?

Ahhh, very true. Blah. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The only regrets in life are the chances not taken.

Mikael.. I loved you once - I love you still. Always have - always will. b:heart Ty for making me your wife - here and irl.
  • Aube_Athenae - Sanctuary
    Aube_Athenae - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If i was playing a new class that was a Symbiot .
    Really simple only 2 skills. No weapons.

1 )you get in a mob like a parasit and myslead them to other mobs to make it die.

2) Player support rôle you integrate an other player who gain your stats as bonus to their stats for as long is he want and keep you amalgamate to this body and soul.

Pretty cool dont think.
  • hotshothbd
    hotshothbd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dragoon - in the olden days dragoons were trained heavy lancers
    Built to learn from the ancient dragons. Which abilities such
    As dragons breath and claw they leaned the ways of their masters
    There is even some legends that the greatest few developed the ability
    To be able to turn into dragons, built to put fear in even some of the most
    Monstrous of creatures. Dragoons were selected from only the best
    Because the training they would go through could also cost them their lives.
  • enviousnvs15
    enviousnvs15 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle I would make a beresker class part psyhic part seeker, i would call it, oh yeah BERSERKERb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Description:
    None of your skills will ever miss.

Extra passive skill:
    Another speciality of that class is the "Happy Hour Scam". It moves the bonus zen from the first zen purchase to a bonus code which only works with a second zen purchase and expires after about 2 weeks. As a side effect, by forcing the players to buy zen a second time to get the bonus zen, the amount of gained bonus zen is practically reduced to 50%.

That class also has a skill tree similar to the BM whose skill tree splits into different arms, one for each weapon class. For the Staff class, there is one arm for each server.

The Morai Server arm has special passive skills, for example to completly ignore the support, the forums, the community and the players. Demands to bann hackers, cheaters, illegal botters, glitch abusers and scammers remain unheard, instead hackers, cheaters, illegal botters, glitch abusers and scammers will be rewarded from the support.

The "Whoops, our bad" skill earlier mentioned by Dblazen gets a special addition in the Morai server arm. Its called the "Compensation? Whats that?" skill which comes along with a skill called "A useless Dreamchaser Pack is enough for you".

There also is a skill about server knowledge. The higher the skill, the lower the knowledge. That skill automatically raises to lvl10 when reaching player lvl 1. When there are server problems, they come big time!

(Feel free to add more skills and complete the skill tree for the other server arms.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hello all!

Arc

Localization

Venomancer

User Interface

Answer to the question: I once said long ago, long before the 'Tidebourne' were ever introduced into the game (and I still hold too from back then btw.) is that The 'Modo' ~ from PWE's ~ Jade Dynasty would have been the perfect addition to the game as a playable >>'Wraith based'<< class race for the player base.....b:thanks
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    They could just copy over the death knight from that one Blizzard game. For extra giggles, start the character at level 101, perhaps with a full set of +12 r9.

Yes, just r9. The players still gotta pony up for the upgrades. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wazwaz - Sanctuary
    Wazwaz - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot find manual patch please :D
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Arc

[

and what exactly this means? it means that if i dont have arc installed it will ask me to install it if i try to load game without arc? then thats mean there mihgt be a code that make that happen soo i bet there might be people trying to figure it out that so we can still play without using arc? b:chuckleb:surrender
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Arc

Does this mean we are now officially unable to multiclient without using other tools such as sandbox?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    1st - we don't need new classes - the new classes have already greatly unbalanced the game.

2nd - fix everything that can be fixed - lag issues, dcing, regularly upgrading servers, etc.

3rd - there should however be a "evolution" of classes after a certain level of reawakening.

I am a Blademaster so I will only speak on a "evolution" of this class

not limited to but kinda like this :

-Ranger path- (combination of Blademaster and Archer)
    - sacrifices certain BM skills/ weapon for the learning of Archer weapon/skill
    - creates and uses grenades and explosives that do various attacks/debuffs
    - heavy armor but has naturally higher magic defenses like light armor
    - learning of solo-healing/ debuffing skill
    - ability to "cross-train" in other classes skills -tbd

or vice versa it could be a archer that evolves with Blademaster Skills/weapons

-Ranger path- (combination of Archer and Blademaster)
    - sacrifices certain Archer skills/ weapons for the learning of BM weapon/skill
    - more close ranged skills, AOEs, and
    - creates and uses grenades and explosives that do various attacks/debuffs
    - heavy armor but has naturally higher magic defenses like light armor
    - learning of solo-healing/ debuffing skill
    - ability to "cross-train" in other classes skills -tbd

I will leave other classes to figure out what kind of "hybrid" could be created.

However, i will say the "evolution" idea would only apply to the original six classes of Barb, BM, Archer, Cleric, Wiz, Veno
    all new classes (sin, seeker, mystic, psychic) are already hybrids and way too OVER-POWERED!!!
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Custom class? Here it goes

Assassin 2.0

-Tidal protection effect last 10 seconds. Cooldown 60s, change to avoid status is 33%. Demon version last 20 seconds, sage version increase changes to avoid status to 50%.

-Damage from all skills reduced by 30%

-Deaden Nerves activation causes the assassin to lose all buffs, even non purgeable ones.

-Shadow Escape costs 1 spark.

-Share the stealth cannot be used while holding the flag in nation wars, and doesn't work on anyone holding it. Chi cost increased to 2 sparks.

-The rest stays the same.

-Replaces the assassin 1.0 for balanced gameplay.

That's what i would do.
  • DanteLamar - Archosaur
    DanteLamar - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    oh I love this question, if I'm to make a class, it will be something like magical shaolin.

A class that simply fights using punches and kicks, some of you might think thats just like Bms, but no, what I have in mind is more wild,faster than bms x2 b:laugh, L.A armor, human+elf mix kinda look.
    many skills to spam but average dmg or something like the sins new skills to try and keep it balanced, weapons to use can be fist + some footwear mix, with extra special skills were they can create a dagger or a sword ( would prefer a staff though since it's a martial arts class) like magical figure to atk with while adding some nice effects.

some might hate this but yea a Dex based class because it's how I view martial arts, it's more about swift, balance, accue, and precise critical atks till you bring your target/targets down than taking dmg and wear your target out of their strength.

and I would really love to see something like that in the game even if it's a lil diff as it's the only type of class I find myself able to enjoy other than assassin in any game I play. b:victory
    A road of death or one of life
    a sorrowful path or one of joy
    whichever you choose, choose for yourself
    do not become, someones toy.
    f:despise