New Primal passive = Genie Spark skill nerf

Options
2»

Comments

• XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No, I heard he is still waiting on a response from the GMs on his ticket for 26,388 C packs..

This is pretty sad, wizzies used to be scary, guess I'll never need to get Soul of Fire on my genie. I think my archer has just under 21k mdef unbuffed.

i got 400 spirit +12 r9r3 and i hit 6k sparked full buffed r9r3 LAs b:surrender

sins hit me 13k on my full buffs b:surrender
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    That archer should be well over 500. Around 800-850 if maxed prime cards/nuemas. 500+ is more like what that one Crimson psy probably has.

I'm not sure if his cards are that far lvld or not they could be rebirthed i wouldn't know haven't seen him around much
    I <3 A lot of people
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i got 400 spirit +12 r9r3 and i hit 6k sparked full buffed r9r3 LAs b:surrender

sins hit me 13k on my full buffs b:surrender

Yeah I ran into a few well geared wizzies yesterday in NW, was expecting at least a few big numbers on me but was disappointed.

Amps are better than debuffs now, ofc the most OP debuff is still the sac slash qpq from a 175+ def lvl seeker.

GoF is kinda hax, esp with the high crit %s everyone has now the odds of a zerkcrit are high.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    idk i havent noticed that much of a change... in terms of raw killing power i wouldnt put wizard near the bottom or anything...
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No, I heard he is still waiting on a response from the GMs on his ticket for 26,388 C packs..

It's kind of w/e 'cause he'll just get spam-SoG'd either way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure if his cards are that far lvld or not they could be rebirthed i wouldn't know haven't seen him around much

what i know is: 2 B card (soulprime+lifeprime)+lv10 mirage = 319 spirit to me

not set or S because i can't affoird the cash shoping
    dk i havent noticed that much of a change... in terms of raw killing power i wouldnt put wizard near the bottom or anything...

u will when u meet time by time with more lv10 mirage peoples with maxed passives or with cash shopper S card peoples ....

BTW... i like Spell_Caster comment, since he got improved S set and +12's, not wonder if can kill undergeared peoples with high damage lol

once could be nice a video vs full buffed SAME geared target, same card set and similiar lv and spirit and refine etc....
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    could someone make a video or ss so I can get some kind of idea how bad the nerf is. Please make sure the person you test it on has maxed out def passives and equal spirit/gear to you.
  • Leni - Raging Tide
    Leni - Raging Tide Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    having full dex genie will lead you to have no ad or chi eruption that are vital for wizards

I disagree, my PvP genie has neither and i do just fine. If i had a 91+ LP genie however i might get AD on it, or perhaps Faith.

I do agree however that more than 100 dex just cripples your genie, i think you would have better results with stating a little less dex and putting some into vit/mag to do Spark+EP... actualy now that i think about it, it's maybe worth the shot! Take away some dex, put into vit/mag, replace BoC with Faith and AFA with AD... idk. Maybe if they later introduce higher lv passives along with more rebirths that would be the way to go for me, but in the meantime, i love my 100 dex genie and my spark works just fine.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I disagree, my PvP genie has neither and i do just fine. If i had a 91+ LP genie however i might get AD on it, or perhaps Faith.

I do agree however that more than 100 dex just cripples your genie, i think you would have better results with stating a little less dex and putting some into vit/mag to do Spark+EP... actualy now that i think about it, it's maybe worth the shot! Take away some dex, put into vit/mag, replace BoC with Faith and AFA with AD... idk. Maybe if they later introduce higher lv passives along with more rebirths that would be the way to go for me, but in the meantime, i love my 100 dex genie and my spark works just fine.

yup

this is my current genie setup:

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=041027363f5354&lev=105&lp=84

with 88 dex, 80 mag and 43 vit

must admit my badge can "fail" also is pretty obsolete since undine spark fist is not as good as it should be
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't find the passives to affect my damage much and I have like a 93 dex genie. Wiz still hits hard , just lvl those battle and destroyer S cards and keep up with spirit. Then again idk if most of you guys have a +12 sword and emperor. Wiz by far is a lot more fun to play than a sin as well, at least imo.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't find the passives to affect my damage much and I have like a 93 dex genie. Wiz still hits hard , just lvl those battle and destroyer S cards and keep up with spirit. Then again idk if most of you guys have a +12 sword and emperor. Wiz by far is a lot more fun to play than a sin as well, at least imo.

that statement might be a feeble truth if not endgame

at endgame we dont

before NH i was hitting endgame LAs for 15+k, after NH i am hitting +7 immaculate LAs for 6-7k

only thing i changed in my gears or my playstyle are a set of S cards for 400 spirit

so point is all my targets are hacking damage somehow, or we got nerfed.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited April 2014
    Options

i can do e.p. and spark and still got 110 dex on genie with lower than 91 point and without eq, eq can grant 24 or 32 stat also

i dont got both S attacker card but anyway with buff i have slowly close to 41k max mattack and 319 spirit still hit low on same carded opponent who got end game refine and gear
  • Manii - Harshlands
    Manii - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yeah I'm just at 44k matk with a lvl 40 battle S, have a random S in my destroyer which is still base 270 mattk if not mistaken? But I'm at 440 spirit with a lvl 40 life prime and a lvl 2 soul prime, Both S cards, eventually when maxed I'll hit the 500+ mark.

I really do not pay Much attention to My dmge vs targets unless it's debuffed for good laughs, are you dealing that dmge fully buffed to another fully buffed LA? Self vs full ? Etc

^ @ xXhot
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yeah I'm just at 44k matk with a lvl 40 battle S, have a random S in my destroyer which is still base 270 mattk if not mistaken? But I'm at 440 spirit with a lvl 40 life prime and a lvl 2 soul prime, Both S cards, eventually when maxed I'll hit the 500+ mark.

I really do not pay Much attention to My dmge vs targets unless it's debuffed for good laughs, are you dealing that dmge fully buffed to another fully buffed LA? Self vs full ? Etc

^ @ xXhot

yes full buffs vs full buffs, or often its me on self buffs vs full buffs (cause we cant purge almost all rest of the other classes can)

yesterday i did some tries against a r9r3 +10 immac barb with aps stats and i was hitting him for 8-16k with sutra spark... i hitted him 24k with 3spark undine ip spark fist divine pyro (thing impossible to land in any kind of pvp situation)
    that combo used to hit 80k on full +12 vit barbs before NHs

what bothers me is i am endgame right, undergeared players that had knowledge of my gears were kiting me like everytime... now if they are buffed they will just sit there and tank my damage even if we have a huge gear gap... b:cry

(for undergeared i mean +10 immaculates r9r3s)

being honest i dont think any wizard nowadays could kill anything endgame that is full buffed, unless the target derps big time or afks
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ok i do agree spark was nerfed and all, but if u say engame wiz cant kill anyone.... u need to learn a couple of stuff, im not engame, my shards are cit gems, and armor refines are +10 but my attack is pretty much maximized.
    I have problems with psys, mystics and clerics, for healings and SoS reasons ofc rest of the classes i can kill or put up a fight. I have even killed full +12 jade BMs, seekers and archers, and they hurt. There are no endgame sins in dreamweaver, so cant say on those. Barbs are like an even fight, can go either way.

We got our best debuffs nerfed, true....
    But passives makes us one of the most overall tankiest class after seekers, we did get 2 interesting skills to attack, and 2 new set of playing styles with barriers, so is about adapting to a new playstyle. Go for spark when u ticked their charm and u can kill pretty much anything in 3 sparked hits.

Also, only way to get purge as wiz is eruption fist from genie, u can always gamble with that 10% chance if u want purge
    edited April 2014
    Options
    But passives makes us one of the most overall tankiest class after seekers, we did get 2 interesting skills to attack, and 2 new set of playing styles with barriers, so is about adapting to a new playstyle. Go for spark when u ticked their charm and u can kill pretty much anything in 3 sparked hits.

Also, only way to get purge as wiz is eruption fist from genie, u can always gamble with that 10% chance if u want purge

passive gived the best for la armor, belive me full buffed sage sin/psy/bm/cleric/mystic cant be worst tanker than u with faster heal or massive hp/defence and annoying skills :p
    barrier is nice but in pve, in pvp very risky with jump stuns and seal/sleep etc
    btw the 3rd spark hits not that good without maxed S cards i guess, i don't say can't kill few class but now everything depend on crits on row, that the only way (if i stuned sealed etc then cant handle enough dmg before charm tick)

40k hp and high mdef sage sin the best example or bm with same hp but 40k+ mdef with sutra, if full buffed u hit can damn low on him, but killable if he nub, if not nub then he just purify the udine or not even applied because he use tidal and with jump stun/seal etc allways can intrupt the skills before the charm tick
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ok i do agree spark was nerfed and all, but if u say engame wiz cant kill anyone.... u need to learn a couple of stuff, im not engame, my shards are cit gems, and armor refines are +10 but my attack is pretty much maximized.
    I have problems with psys, mystics and clerics, for healings and SoS reasons ofc rest of the classes i can kill or put up a fight. I have even killed full +12 jade BMs, seekers and archers, and they hurt. There are no endgame sins in dreamweaver, so cant say on those. Barbs are like an even fight, can go either way.

dude re-read what i said

wizard cant kill anyone FULL BUFFS at ENDGAME (fist is not a purge option, you cant spam it and if you try do such thing you ll be defenseless (no genie) i was using fist mainly to stack mag res debuffs on arcane targets)

on self buffs we can take our chances against anyone, but on full buffs... we have no chance except target derps or afks

any smart player that is @ 60% hp and see you 3sparking will CC, AD, soul of fire, or just whatever anything else than just simply tank the hit after the 3spark

i had a fight full buffed vs full buffed sage sin +10 dots\deity, he couldnt kill me, must say he had to stealth a lot but i couldnt kill him either, and i outgear him :|

and i really tried everything, 60% mortal>tick>spark, spark on tidal down, tried to chain sutra and ztp to burst but nothing i ticked his deaden once but he didnt die
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

edited April 2014
    Options
    any smart player that is @ 60% hp and see you 3sparking will CC, AD, soul of fire, or just whatever anything else than just simply tank the hit after the 3spark

i talked exactly about this, have alot way to avoid our spell (and Hot forget to mention about 50% magic damage reduction charm aswell), since our dph became **** so we just tick the charms, but can't kill a same geared carded ppl if both buffed because he can stop your dmg or just alot way defend vs them (sutra not really option vs smart player)

(still i am sure sin can kill Hot too if more time occour zerk crit in row, low chance but atleast have)

My favorite allways wizzard but now i feel more unbalanced than before, because long ago after tideborn every class was more killable (hited hard on us aswell but atleast was chance to kill them)

i must say, only truly balance pw was the time before tideborn patch.... in that time the 3 race was alot more egually than now, buffs and debuffs was alot more viable aswell same like the defence %, was noticeable few houndred pdef and mdef not like now when u get +1k defence and worth nothing, 60% defence debuff on target worth now less than extr. poison .....