Arc Multi Client

Options
blood23war
blood23war Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Yes there is a way to multi client arc thanks to me. Heres how you do it Go to http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie download and install sandbox.

Once you got that installed go to your arc folder (its usually in your C folder with pwi) find arc.exe right click and select "Run Sandboxed"

A window will pop up with the option to "Run As UAC Administrator" select that and hit OK. It should check for updates first time you run it, any ways now you have one arc client running.

To open another one click on you arc shortcut on your desktop. If you don't have one i suggest you make one but any ways there you go now you have two arc clients running have not tried it out with more then two yet....b:victory
Post edited by blood23war on

Comments

• Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    yeah, that seems a bit wierd seeing how pwi wouldn't be to happy using third party software, and they have said nothing about downloading something that would allow multi client and if they did have us download something it would be from the pwi site, not some third party site, so this tells me there could be a scam....imo
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    yeah, that seems a bit wierd seeing how pwi wouldn't be to happy using third party software, and they have said nothing about downloading something that would allow multi client and if they did have us download something it would be from the pwi site, not some third party site, so this tells me there could be a scam....imo

Sandboxie is a legit program that, if I remembered correctly, lets you run the same programs twice: some mmo's don't allow multclienting, at all. So people used sandboxie to still be able to open a 2nd client.

Anyways yes it's a third party-program thats used to avoid blockades/restrictions from games. Pwi/Arc has yet no restrictions so your "solution" is little but a work-around that ends up giving the same abilities as without, except this time you have a bannable offense.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Or you could just run the element client directly.

This works absolutely fine if you start one via arc. Just get it to the 'Start' screen then start an element_client exe.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Just a note but PWE have said they will be working on something to allow the Duel Client for PWI. So... as a work around may be needed for a bit when they get this working it will be unnecessary when they have this in place.

This week will be interesting I've now got arc all ready to go let see how this works....
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Or you could just run the element client directly.

This works absolutely fine if you start one via arc. Just get it to the 'Start' screen then start an element_client exe.

You won't be able to do that after integration though. That's why people are upset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You won't be able to do that after integration though. That's why people are upset.

Exactly! People are trying to test with current Arc version and current PWI version, but there's gonna be an update...
    If the CM says it won't work then you can trust him. Sometimes they say that something will work and finally it doesn't work but when they say it won't work.....
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Just a note but PWE have said they will be working on something to allow the Duel Client for PWI.

Players will find a way before PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • blood23war
    blood23war Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I don't know when you can multi client with arc, so this is just a work around for the time being im sure there are other ways to do it tho.b:chuckle
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You can add a link to elementclient.exe to Arc and run 2nd time from it, or just kill arc from task manager while the game is running, then fire Arc again and the game will open 2nd time with no downloads or hard thinking.

Arc itself is enough useless **** installed here, i don't need any more ****.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Exactly! People are trying to test with current Arc version and current PWI version, but there's gonna be an update...
    If the CM says it won't work then you can trust him. Sometimes they say that something will work and finally it doesn't work but when they say it won't work.....

Nah, they said DQ would stop working in December b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I gotta say something. I love breaking windows and everything that runs on it. Multiclient using arc only. R u ready for this.

launch arc.
    run game
    end task on arc.exe
    launch arc
    run game

and repeat. Hopefully stays this easy on update. I thinking about how stupid windows is rather than what flaws may be in arc. hmmmmm microsoft LOL. what a joke.
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    and what about poor people who have 50-60 accounts runnin imagine time they would lose

b:laugh
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    MissingNo - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i cant even get Arc to run once b:laugh
    such a piece of **** program
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    and what about poor people who have 50-60 accounts runnin imagine time they would lose

b:laugh

would u like me to create a .bat file for u. I mean from here u can use a little brain power. LOL
  • MissingNo - Lost City
    MissingNo - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i cant even get Arc to run once b:laugh
    such a piece of **** program

are you running your own Chinese gold farming company?
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    open arc > library > hit Play (opens log in screen) > log in > Rinse & Repeat! b:pleased

I have two toons logged in right now its not hard ppl .. lol
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    are you running your own Chinese gold farming company?

Are you asking yourself that f:money
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    With the current version of arc, you dont need to use sandbox to open multipple clients
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    All I had to do was go to My computer>C Drive>Program Files (x86)>Perfect World Entertainment>PWI_en>Element>Element Client. Once you have the program up and if you are running windows 7/8, you right click, pin to taskbar. Just right click, select element client and you have 2 clients up. That in reality is going through Arc, since it is in the file that Arc download. Which in the end they will probably make it so you can't do that.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    would u like me to create a .bat file for u. I mean from here u can use a little brain power. LOL

LMBO... how many kids on here even know wat a .bat file is, let alone have even seen one... made my day. thx
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    No DQ rewards, no multiclient... it seems they want to be sure people will stop playing PWI.

Sweetiebot, take 2 points from Colum - Raging Tide, for the bad administration of a faction.
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

oh well maybe they shouldn't force arc upon people till it actually works properly?
  • Brivido - Dreamweaver
    Brivido - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Are you guys compiling a check list for them on what needs to be changed in arc to stop multiclienting :p

I do undesrtand that the odds of them acting on it are in our favour, but still ... b:chuckle
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    i already suggested this in the maint thread a while back. (might be where the OP got it) anyway sandboxie isn't needed atm as stated before. however there is no way to patch sandboxie out if its needed, simply because the way it works, it "emulates" windows. so essentually you have 2 computers while its on and running. its primary use is to avoid malicious software by downloading files to the emulated windows rather then your comp. that way you can see if a file is safe or not before you permanantly add it to your system.

think of it like placing plastic wrap over a plate, now make a sandwich on said plate. now what if there were bugs on that sandwich inside that plate? the sandwich is infested, but immediately removing the wrap there is nothing on that plate anymore. its a useful and safe program to run, tho as i stated before in the main thread, i'd like to know if GM's would allow it or not.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    While this is a good way to get around it, as other players have said GMs may not be ok with this since it is a third party program. Also, I for one am not downloading yet ANOTHER program just to dual client pwi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    While this is a good way to get around it, as other players have said GMs may not be ok with this since it is a third party program. Also, I for one am not downloading yet ANOTHER program just to dual client pwi.

This.
    I just want to run my 2 accounts simultaneously, as the rules allow and as we have done for years now.
    The whole reason I didn't want ARC in the first place is that I want to LIMIT the amount of stuff I download on my computer, adding a 3rd program on top of ARC is 2 levels of superfluous-ness more than I wanted in the first place.

I would consider it, only IF we get an official response saying it's ok.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Sweetiebot, take 2 points from Colum - Raging Tide, for the bad administration of a faction.
    biseptolica removes 2 points from Colum - Raging Tide!
    Colum - Raging Tide is now in 1st place for April 2014 with -2 points (-3 points overall).
    biseptolica can still remove another 3 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot give 10 points to Colum - Raging Tide, I am in a giving mood : D
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot give 10 points to Colum - Raging Tide, I am in a giving mood : D
    hypereccentrik awards 10 points to Colum - Raging Tide!
    Colum - Raging Tide is now in 1st place for April 2014 with 8 points (7 points overall).
    hypereccentrik can still award another 20 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It seems Switi is reacting with 1 h delay.

Maybe Switi is runing her soft through Arc b:thanks
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
This discussion has been closed.