Forced to redownload entire game

Options
TheMVP - Heavens Tear
TheMVP - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
on April 2nd PWI forces everyone to spend entire day redownloading the entire game so they can make a few cents. I know the legal issues PWI had before and thats the main reason they went to arc but its no excuse to choose this forced ARC option and inconvience their whole player base to make a few extra cents. Main issue is I dont want to have to redownload the game takes half a day and another half of day of intstalling updating, when i have a client that works fine and works better than arc without ads and cookies slowing me down. Who feels like redownloading the game? thats annoying, not to mention having arc eating up system resources for no reason. PWI is modeled after another game which I cant mention but everyone knows what game it is, and I look at the differnce that game has a convention every year televised on Direct TV talkign about new content and new releases at Gamecon with thousands and thousands cheering fans and then i look PWI which does so many things wrong and could care less about its player base, the sad thing is perfectworld still has a lot of potential its a great game but the people in charge of it dont really have a clue or care about its players its all about the quartly earnings. If this game is ever gonna be be comparable with other high end games heads need to roll straight from the top start firing everyone and work your way down the line from all the develpors to game managers etc, Sparkiesoft may mean well but really has no real understanding of PWI playing this game or its playerbase and they need to start hiring people who actually play and care about this game or perfectworld has no chance, ARC is just another example of pwi not caring about its playerbase and doing anything they can to make a dollar at the time and expense of its player base, Yes PWI had a lawsuit and had to change how to do updates but in no way did PWI have to go to ARC to do it, there were many other options to provide updates without inconviencing their players, PWI choose ARC because they could make a few dollars in the process and thats why the playerbase is so upset.
Post edited by TheMVP - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    dude, use frickin sentences not a block of text
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This confuses me why do you have to re download the entire game? i have arc installed on my comp i just dont currently use it and i have PWI on it. So i dont understand where you are getting the information from that we have to re download the entire thing from. Explain?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This confuses me why do you have to re download the entire game? i have arc installed on my comp i just dont currently use it and i have PWI on it. So i dont understand where you are getting the information from that we have to re download the entire thing from. Explain?

on april 2 your other client wont work so your gonna have to download the game thru Arc and to the other guy I type how I want to type if you cant read it or dont want to its your problem this isnt english class where we try to be nerdy to get a gold star for using sentences and feeling cool, like some nerd, this is pwi trashing its player base once again to make a few dollars and if u dont have the education to read it or dont want get to steppin off the thread
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    on april 2 your other client wont work so your gonna have to download the game thru Arc and to the other guy I type how I want to type if you cant read it or dont want to its your problem this isnt english class where we try to be nerdy to get a gold star for using sentences and feeling cool, like some nerd, this is pwi trashing its player base once again to make a few dollars and if u dont have the education to read it or dont want get to steppin off the thread

Hey, if you are trying to comunicate with someone you have to make it easy to understand, that is if you really want someone to understand what you are saying.b:scorn

I am not going to read your block of text, for the reason stated adove, but reading what TZoner said, I can tell you it is not going to happen. Arc is just going to get linked to PWI somehow, not going to force you to re-download the game.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Let me present you to this beauty:

Its called comma and she loves being used.

Now, what the OP is trying to say is: Arc will be mandatory now, means if your PWI is NOT integrated with Arc you will have to redownload it entirely. Just because you cant configure Arc to recognize your previously installed PWI.

There is, therefore, an option to 'Add game manually', it allows you to select an .exe file from your HD and have it appear on Arc. I just don't know if this will work with the newly 'forced' thing.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Slightly off topic but how will multiclienting work?
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    On April 2nd, PWI forces everyone to spend an entire day re-downloading the entire game so they can make a few cents.

I know the legal issues PWI had before and that's the main reason they went to Arc, but its no excuse to choose this forced Arc option and inconvenience their whole player base to make a few extra cents.

Main issue is I don't want to have to re-download; the game takes half a day and another half of day of installing and updating. When I have a client that works fine and works better than Arc without ads and cookies slowing me down.

Who feels like re-downloading the game?
    That's annoying, not to mention having Arc eating up system resources for no reason.

PWI is modeled after another game which I cant mention but everyone knows what game it is, and I look at the difference.

That game has a convention every year, televised on Direct TV, talking about new content and new releases at Gamecon with thousands and thousands cheering fans. Then I look at PWI which does so many things wrong and could care less about its player base.

The sad thing is Perfect World still has a lot of potential. It's a great game, but the people in charge of it don't really have a clue or care about its players. It's all about the quarterly earnings.

If this game is ever gonna be comparable with other high end games, heads need to roll straight from the top. Start firing everyone and work your way down the line from all the developers, to game managers, etc.

Sparkiesoft may mean well but really has no real understanding of PWI, playing this game, or its playerbase. They need to start hiring people who actually play and care about this game or Perfect World has no chance.
    Arc is just another example of PWI not caring about its playerbase and doing anything they can to make a dollar at the time and expense of its player base.
    Yes PWI had a lawsuit and had to change how to do updates, but in no way did PWI have to go to Arc to do it. There were many other options to provide updates without inconveniencing their players.
    PWI choose Arc because they could make a few dollars in the process and that's why the playerbase is so upset.

Just took down the Berlin Wall.

Side note - I did not have to re-download the game at all.
    Please do take a moment and see what you're installing and what is being said instead of constantly hitting next at the installer.

I'm sure people of your nature have ad/search bars on Internet Explorer down to the status bar at the bottom.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Running the Arc piece of **** with loads of 3rd party pieces of **** like pando media booster is awful and forcing it is disrespectful.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Running the Arc piece of **** with loads of 3rd party pieces of **** like pando media booster is awful and forcing it is disrespectful.

Except it doesn't.
    Arc isn't all that bad as people make it sound to be.

And lol redownloading the game takes an entire day? Even if that was the case go out and do something else, read a book, watch movies, do your homework, go to your friends.

I'll agree that the way they are forcing it sucks, but having Arc already installed for some time I can't really complain about how it works. I'm just curious if we can still launch a second elementclient.exe without it rambling about a client already running because of Arc.

Imo most of the posts are just related to "CHANGE IS BAD".
    If people want to give up on PWI because of Arc, that's about the lamest excuse they could use seeing as all the bugs/glitches/**** ups we have seen the last few months which were more of a reason to quit than Arc.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • biseptolica
    biseptolica Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    . I'm just curious if we can still launch a second elementclient.exe without it rambling about a client already running because of Arc.

Here:

"As a side note, the team is still working on multi-clienting within Arc, so stay tuned for any further information regarding that."

And the link to find that statement : http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

So NO, u wont be able to open multi after 02 April, not yet anyways.
    tsumaru2 ( on 21.03.2014 pwi forum ): "...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human."
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Here:

"As a side note, the team is still working on multi-clienting within Arc, so stay tuned for any further information regarding that."

And the link to find that statement : http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

So NO, u wont be able to open multi after 02 April, not yet anyways.

As others have stated, they can't make any changes to how any of PWI works, they can only make Arc the launcher of it, and it should be bypassable to just launch elementclient.exe.

I read "within Arc" more as "to launch the client multiple times from Arc". Not launching the client a second time outside Arc (using elementclient.exe from the installed folder).
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Except it doesn't.
    Arc isn't all that bad as people make it sound to be.

And lol redownloading the game takes an entire day? Even if that was the case go out and do something else, read a book, watch movies, do your homework, go to your friends.

Ya i got other stuff to do, the point is I already got a good working client thats better than arc which doesnt slam me with ads and and sit in the corner using up system resources, already got the game shouldnt be forced into downloading it again and sadly yes downloading PW is like all day, its what like 5 gbs in size and downlaods at 400 kbs on my computer which isnt bad and still takes like 8 hours to download, and then it has to install and then go thru all the updates which takes another 4 hours or so for something i already have and dont want, just so pwi can make a few cents. so its annoying and theres nothing good about ARC theres no benifit to having Arc its just uses system resources and spies on you so they can sell the information to advertisers which is the whole reason PWI choose ARC over other ideas. Right now I'm complaining about it, in a week when everyone else has to download it theres gonna be a forum filled with angry people, they just dont know it yet. Theres a large population of PWI players who dont even read the forums so its just gonna get worse
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2014
    Options
    and the bottem line is this, people need to be fired over this from the top down clean house, your fired, your fired, your fired, PWI has declined every year for the last 4 years, people arent doing their jobs, people arent supervising them, so if we have to redownload the game on april 2nd then I say 90% of the PWI employees should be fired on April 1st without 2 week notice just your fired get to stepping you didnt do your job. decline of players, decline of money, and thats reason enough to send them all packing without pay. Once they see 90% of the people lose their jobs they might actually take their job seriously and care. Perfect example ford motor company without supervision theres employees punching their time cards and then hiding behind parts and going to sleep and they do it everyday until the supervisor catchs them or people start getting fired PWI is no differnt you let your workers slack off for the last 4 years and let them get away with it and its time they are fired. They should have for seen the legal issues, they should of not let the population decline, and they should not of forced arc on a declining player base to suck dry the last few cents they can make before the end. At the very least If the players have to be inconvienced at least throw us a bone and fire the people who made this happen and then fire the rest of them just as an example, only then would it be worth my time to redownload the game
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Seriously, dude... use the damn comma in what you write. Not only you hardly make sense and make a fool of yourself, but people will just raise an eyebrow at you, shake their heads and go back to what they were doing.

That said, I got arc because I needed the blessing, and it's not that bad as many thinks it is. Sure, it slow down my client a lot when running in background, but all I have to do is just close it and voila! Problem solved!

As for being possibly forced to redownload it, just like someone else said in this thread, go do something else while it does that. OR do it during the night while you sleep.

Seriously... it's not like you gonna die if you are without pwi for a day...

Besides, I really don't get people like you. You keep complaining about things and say that you quit, YET you are still here or even come back just to say that pwi is bad and you quit long ago!

Why?
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Seriously, dude... use the damn comma in what you write. Not only you hardly make sense and make a fool of yourself, but people will just raise an eyebrow at you, shake their heads and go back to what they were doing.

That said, I got arc because I needed the blessing, and it's not that bad as many thinks it is. Sure, it slow down my client a lot when running in background, but all I have to do is just close it and voila! Problem solved!

As for being possibly forced to redownload it, just like someone else said in this thread, go do something else while it does that. OR do it during the night while you sleep.

Seriously... it's not like you gonna die if you are without pwi for a day...

Besides, I really don't get people like you. You keep complaining about things and say that you quit, YET you are still here or even come back just to say that pwi is bad and you quit long ago!

Why?

First off I refuse to use a comma to feed the unintelligence of the unwashed masses also on april 2 you wont be able to close the client and you will be redownloading it just like everyone else lastly if I quit there isnt a pwi anymore I'm the player base 5 year player dont let the glitched 103 fool you I'm 105 been here for 5 years if players like me quit there isnt a pwi anymore simple as that and when your downloading 12 hours on april 2nd and cant close your client anymore so pwi can make 2 cents off you You will have a differnt opinion all I'm asking for is for people to be fired a simple request for the hassle just send 90% of the PWI employees packing on april 1st and I'll download Arc and go thru the hassle knowing the clowns running this ship into the ground got fired
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    First off I refuse to use a comma

And I refuse to read text that doesn't have comma or spacing between the lines.
  • Trollguard - Sanctuary
    Trollguard - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    feed the unintelligence
    b:victory
  • kacprowiczkacper
    kacprowiczkacper Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I'm 105 been here for 5 years if players like me quit there isnt a pwi anymore

Lol, just leave then and see if PWI is gonna disappear. Do it please, just to see how much you are important in game.

Honestly such a drama and cries for that ARC implementation?? You are not even a big fan of PWI if you want to quit it before doing a try of that change. I don t like ARC but I am fan of PWI and I keep playing it whatever is the launcher interface. People like you won t be missed....
  • MrRiddle - Raging Tide
    MrRiddle - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Redownloading not good option for me I have several owe games non detected by arc

So I'm looking at 40gig+ download come 2nd April
    Which well over my download limit for month so 3+ months going take get all my games back

all because arc can't detect files already on my computer which is ****

Multiclinting also issue as i have main characters on different accounts between games
    No commars cause typing on phone
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

No, you do not normally have to re-download the whole game.
    Client does not equate to launcher. When ARC si mandatory, the launcher will become obsolete but the client will stay the same.
    I say normally, because as of now, ARC still has some bugs and does not recognize some of the PWE games installed in some people's systems.
    I installed it 2 days ago and it does not recognize PWI or Jade Dynasty, however it does recognize 3 other games.
    I'm expecting it to get fixed before launch or shortly afterwards. If not, I'll just take a break till they fix it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    First off I refuse to use a comma to feed the unintelligence of the unwashed masses also on april 2 you wont be able to close the client and you will be redownloading it just like everyone else lastly if I quit there isnt a pwi anymore I'm the player base 5 year player dont let the glitched 103 fool you I'm 105 been here for 5 years if players like me quit there isnt a pwi anymore simple as that and when your downloading 12 hours on april 2nd and cant close your client anymore so pwi can make 2 cents off you You will have a differnt opinion all I'm asking for is for people to be fired a simple request for the hassle just send 90% of the PWI employees packing on april 1st and I'll download Arc and go thru the hassle knowing the clowns running this ship into the ground got fired

You insisting on not using a bi of comma and spacing makes you an ignorant buffoon. Or a 5 year old stubborn kid...

I've been here since early 2009, so don't give me the "I'm an old player" ****. Lol, but really! Why people keep using the "old player" excuse when QQing and raging?

Also, guess what? I installed arc recently and DUN DUN DUN! It recognize my pwi client that's been on my computer for years. So yeah, I can run the game from arc without having to redownload the entire client.

And even if so? I'd download it again, either while I sleep, or during the day while I do something else, like going out for a walk, read a book, play with the dog, etc etc.

Also, they aren't implementing arc so they can "make two cents off me". They take no money from me unless I willingly give it to them. And I seriously can't see an add on this arc thing save for that lil banner at the top of the page. But hey, if I get to play a free game in exchange of seeing a bit of add here and there, then so be it! Heck, maybe I get to see something interesting too.

With this I'm not defending arc, I'm just saying it's not as bad as people like you make it to be!
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Sparkiesoft may mean well but really has no real understanding of PWI playing this game or its playerbase and they need to start hiring people who actually play and care about this game

I'd sooner cut my own arms off with a **** saw than have my gaming life mixed up with my work life, more so with the community in this game (I'll admit I've seen worse, have you seen the Minecraft forums? World War III).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    [QUOTE=TheMVP - Heavens Tear;21394931]First off I refuse to use a comma to feed the unintelligence of the unwashed masses [/QUOTE]

Then stop trying to talk to us "unintelligent unwashed masses", uninstall and p*ss off.

You don't like the game, Quit. You want to complain, send in a ticket to PWI. This is where *players* talk.

Go the *&%^ away otherwise.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    First off I refuse to use a comma to feed the unintelligence of the unwashed masses

I would like to put this in my signature.

"Why?"

"Because it's like putting a head on a pike."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Any GM can give us a oficial answer here?

I have Arc since his version 0.xx, beta 1 beta 2 (actual arc), and i don't need download pwi again. In my experience after uninstalled arc for install new version, pwi folder will keep in my Program Folder and new Arc installation will recognize the pwi folder/game and automatic add to Arc Library.

So... New Arc will be different? Or PWI game will changed his system for integration with ARC? Any GM here?b:shocked

Who tell you we need redownload again pwi with new arc?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    its kinda sad how little effort we want to give these days...

"Hey we are changing to arc, pls DL this?"
    -'WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'

"What if we told you to DL the game again, it'll only take a few hrs?"
    -'WHhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i quit!'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I type how I want to type if you cant read it or dont want to its your problem

Actually, it's your problem. If you make a thread and expect people to read what you've written then use punctuation. We're not gonna go the extra mile to try to decipher a wall of text you've made unless you help us. If you want an audience for your thoughts then you have to assist that audience to read what you wrote. Otherwise, we just wont bother. So it is your problem, as we will simply ignore you and write-off what you wrote as mumbled garbage. Ignoring you doesn't make your thread our problem.

I had to skim the responses of this thread just to figure out what it was about.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Actually, it's your problem. If you make a thread and expect people to read what you've written then use punctuation. We're not gonna go the extra mile to try to decipher a wall of text you've made unless you help us. If you want an audience for your thoughts then you have to assist that audience to read what you wrote. Otherwise, we just wont bother. So it is your problem, as we will simply ignore you and write-off what you wrote as mumbled garbage. Ignoring you doesn't make your thread our problem.

I had to skim the responses of this thread just to figure out what it was about.
    my quote summarized it pretty well? b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Actually u can configure your ARC to recognize your installed PWI, i installed ARC after PWI, while i didnt had PWI installed only copied to my new system. ARC using like 75Megs of mysystem memorie, what is like...nothing comparing to other things, idont think people need to redownload entire game again.
    There will be some solution or just an update for ARC or PWI. Just dont understand why people raging about updates, we are in 21st century, or 22? no idea, anyways, all new things will come integrated from now on in ARC, easyer to use, when get used to it.
    Just stop raging, PW China dont care about players opinion till they get money from PWI, so its definitely useles to rage.
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I mostly skipped over this thread for the last three pages because a glance at the title and the OP's lack of punctuation just was the flag that it was a pile of ****. But, as usual, curiosity got the better of me, so I hopped in on the third page.

Now given, I haven't read the first post, or even the first page, but I've skimmed the rest and this just really floors it.b:chuckle
    First off I refuse to use a comma to feed the unintelligence of the unwashed masses...
    dafuq? Dude, you're feeding the un-intelligence of the masses by your complete lack of punctuation and sentence structure.
    Then you go off and make yourself look like even more of an idiot by making statements like this.

I've been around. I used "L33T"-speak when it was new and cool. Hell, I remember when the "internet" was just a bunch of Unix code, and you could print a list of all the websites in the porld on about 24 sheets of your dot-matrix printer.

Your lack of skills is most likely just done intentionally for the pure sake of annoying the others. It's why we came up with L33T in the first place. (That and because most old farts couldn't read it.)

In any case, lets continue to delve into the idiocy...
    ... also on april 2 you wont be able to close the client and you will be redownloading it just like everyone else...
    Really can't figure out why you wouldn't be able to close the client. It's a pretty simple process. If you're not entirely sure, you probably should be using a computer in the first place.

Also, you won't need to be re-downloading the client, bit we'll get to that in a minute.
    ... lastly if I quit there isnt a pwi anymore I'm the player base 5 year player dont let the glitched 103 fool you I'm 105 been here for 5 years if players like me quit there isnt a pwi anymore simple as that and when your downloading 12 hours on april 2nd and cant close your client anymore so pwi can make 2 cents off you You will have a differnt opinion all I'm asking for is for people to be fired a simple request for the hassle just send 90% of the PWI employees packing on april 1st and I'll download Arc and go thru the hassle knowing the clowns running this ship into the ground got fired
    Full of yourself much?

Also, if it takes you 12 hours to download the client, your internet is slow, and/or you are very far away from the download servers. That's got nothing to do with Arc.

Again with "can't close your client"? At this point I'm sure you mean to say something else, but aren't intelligent enough to use the right words. This is pretty common with pre-pubescent tweens that try to act all grown up and smart. (Have one, seen her post, it's a fact.)

Also, you're asking for people to be fired? If anything, PWE should actually increase their staffing.

Now, onto the real topic....
    Will you be forced to re-download the game?
    1. What is the status of the ability for Arc to detect and integrate games that are already installed?
    Will it be available by the time this unfinished product is forced on us?
    I mean, it was fine when I could edit the xml files and point Arc to the folders where my stuff existed, but you guys messed that up. Which is understandable. Mainly because I was pulling the download locations out so we could just skip Arc entirely for getting our software.
    1) For the most part it should be working, as in if you already have it installed, it should automatically reflect that in Arc. However, I realize that's not the case with everyone, especially for PWI. I've let the team know so they can hopefully find out what is wrong and fix it.
    Which should, for the most part, end this thread.

If not, we already are working on a workaround to use the client without Arc, and I'll be posting that in my Arc thread as soon as I finish testing the release on the 2nd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]