mag class need running skill.

2»

Comments

• Cursing - Sanctuary
    Cursing - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thats why casters got puri on r9rr weps and clerics have gaurdian light....there are pots to boost speed+archer buff+holypath.
    Edit: some gear add speed too

And I would give all that noise up if my toon was able to walk normally. If I didn't have to always be the last toon on scene. If I didn't have to listen to melee ***** about waiting for the cleric as If I was dragging my feet just to annoy them. Heaven help me if one of the stupid losers from the punch and judy set get's his silly self killed because the limitation to my movements is a fact he can't keep in that tiny little shell of a pointed head.

The magic class inability to run SERVES NO PURPOSE.

Maybe some cleric somewhere asked if this was a problem. I am telling you it is a problem. It is. There is no question. There is no substitute ability or gear or potion that fixes it. I don't want to be pacified. I am not looking for some explanation about how it works in the game or how to tweak it (I read those posts btw. Nicely written, clear easily understood) I don't care. I want it gone. It SERVES NO PURPOSE.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can see a running speed skill being a problem in PvP.
    Melee classes already have to stick to us in order to do anything significant, and arcanes have control skills they can fire off at range. It would really suck to weather a barrage of stuns/sleep/freeze/seals only to have your target slip away again with a running skill (its already bad enough as is when triggering Purify Spell)

EDIT: Regarding PVE, its as the others said: If your party runs ahead of you as a healer and refuses to wait up, its not your fault in the least...for it is their impatience costing them their lives, not your lack of speed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And I would give all that noise up if my toon was able to walk normally. If I didn't have to always be the last toon on scene. If I didn't have to listen to melee ***** about waiting for the cleric as If I was dragging my feet just to annoy them. Heaven help me if one of the stupid losers from the punch and judy set get's his silly self killed because the limitation to my movements is a fact he can't keep in that tiny little shell of a pointed head.

The magic class inability to run SERVES NO PURPOSE.

Maybe some cleric somewhere asked if this was a problem. I am telling you it is a problem. It is. There is no question. There is no substitute ability or gear or potion that fixes it. I don't want to be pacified. I am not looking for some explanation about how it works in the game or how to tweak it (I read those posts btw. Nicely written, clear easily understood) I don't care. I want it gone. It SERVES NO PURPOSE.

What level is your cleric? I ask because I get the feeling that you don't have that much experience.

Forget pvp for a min. Lets pick something like , say, eden.

Your squad has a tanky toon (BM/Barb/seeker) and some DD. Killing one at a time will be unbearably slow, so the tank runs and gathers a few. Cleric now yells at them, because they ran off before the cleric could stack heals. Everyone else stands round cleric, who BBs. Tank comes back and depending on class either pulls an aggro skill or stuns while everyone else piles in the damage.

Where did the cleric need a running skill?

Same squad, but no cleric. Mystic instead. Rezz buffs all round. Canny Mystic, they paste Falling Petals on everyone and before tank runs off, cast's Aegis Shield on puller. Tank gets back, Mystic has dropped healing plants, and dropped shield on the likely squishies who will pull aggro (psy, sin, archer).

Where did the Mystic need a running skill?

Tank pulls - but gets stunned/slowed or pulls too many. Healer sees tank's HP drop like a stone, *everyone* holypaths to get in there. Healer, being smart, also has some speed pots (sold in faction bases or made from herbs). They don't want to outrun the DD anyway, cause healing when tank is aoing will just pull aggro.
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you ask me:
    I'll add to game for every class this skill:
    * <passive>"Eye of hallow" able to see all invisible units. (usable only in TW and NW). On war all players are on rage mode, so no invisible allowed!.

* <passive> "Speed of dungeon" able to move 200% faster in any instance, last for 4 hours or to instance leave.(BH/FB/TT)

b:cute b:bye
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    How about no?

It's all over just a terrible idea, honestly. They don't have speed skills for a reason, those with RRR9 and puri proc are OP enough w/o them.

Please do imagine giving an RRR9 Wizzy a speed skill: combine Puri proc, their leap (Distance Shrink) and Arcane Defense.
    You've just created a class that can kite you to the edge of the map and probably even keep going after that. And that is just one example, there are very valid reasons why our Arcane classes do not have speed skills, you should probably learn them :3.

Basically this^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    When i am playing on my cleric, i feel soooo slow and most of the times i wish i had speed skill ( i do try to warn my squad im bit slow and that i can holy path only 2 times)
    But when i am on my main Veno..and i fight with Cleric on NW or TW.. god im glad they r slow
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ummm use holy path or farm for herbs to make charger orbs...problem solved
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This~
    It's kinda justified for Venomancers as they have to run up close to debuff. It would be way too much for the other classes though, especially considering they already have Purify proc.

Sucks for those without purify proc but let's not break the game more.

Veno's abuse that run skill and it makes them too OP when in NW and just little flies when in TW. I play mystic, make my pets do dmg equal to the updates that are going on and plants work more efficiently and **** the speed buffs.