Frost Splash, Worth it.

Options

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    still wondering if it worth for sage archer to get this, If im demon i will get this skill already cuz nthing to lose. But sage will sacrifice water damage skill, which is good when vs HA ppl that got metal immune.

any opinion? :/
    I'd keep sage frost arrow over sage splash. Splash doesn't add much you can't get out of barrage and the better elemental skills are one of the main reasons people would choose sage.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Asty put it mildy. Any Sage that takes FS over frost arrow should be slapped
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Ya we get that you deal 5 waves of less-than-base damage...with no melee range reduction...so if you can 2 shot some baddies but not one shot them here you go woohoo.

Then you ask yourself why certain new high damage skills of other classes don't cost chi or has 3min cd or why certain classes get stuns that break rules. Perspective mother****ers. I mean it's nice that you find a use for it...and I'm sure i'd use it too when I get it, but that's not the point of all this.

Of course you can't compare this to STA...STA happens to give chi, has 15s cd, and actually does something against highly geared targets.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Meh, is good for pwning lots of spread out noobs. Mostly I just use it in PvE when barrage is on CD because it has decent fire power, but it's definitely not something I'd really find much practical use for in tier one TW.

Bobz has a video with a nice demonstration
    Click Me
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Might as well run in, wingspan and autoattack to pick off w/e is left
    Channels

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Essentially it... lets archers kill undergeared people even more easily now kinda.... which just helps boost that stereotype so many have about archers being OP when they get mowed down by a maxed out archer while they're in **** gear.

Yay.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Someone want to explain to me why with all of that gear he is hitting 5k crits on that robe and like 2k crits on the seeker in the back? The only reason it's killing anyone is...you guess it. I like how there are people that even survived.

but THIS is what Barrage did to those people. Doesn't even have 3min cd.

Also see STA Tblast.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Idk. Archers used to be OP back when it was just normal R9 and purge made a massive difference. Now gear for arcanes has practically been buffed so much that equal gears our bows are average damage at best. I will not be getting this skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Idk. Archers used to be OP back when it was just normal R9 and purge made a massive difference. Now gear for arcanes has practically been buffed so much that equal gears our bows are average damage at best. I will not be getting this skill.

Iirc you are sage, so yeah, would be silly to get this over sage frost arrow.

And I agree, there's a mystic in my faction that has equal gears (jades cards spirit etc) as me, I hit him for 1-2k crits when he's buffed. That's a joke and it ain't funny.

He features quite a lot in my latest NW video I uploaded yesterday, and the ironic thing is, I managed to finally kill him using frost splash..lol
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Purge still makes a massive difference.
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Im SAGE and i made the greatest of sacrifices, i learned frost splash and feather armageddon. And kiss of snake by the way. The loss (merge) of the old skills involves developing a new play style, it is a challenge that I'm glad to accept.
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Purge still makes a massive difference.

As Astrelle has stated in other posts with these new passive defense buffs, purge is making less of a difference, yes it still gets people killed but with everyone able to walk around with basically cleric buffs without anything else, purge's significance has lowered.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The problem with purge nowadays is that there are more and more buffs that aren't purgeable. The passive buffs make only a small difference compared to the fact. Tbh the passive buffs benefited archers just as much, especially since we had no useful self buffs in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    The problem with purge nowadays is that there are more and more buffs that aren't purgeable. The passive buffs make only a small difference compared to the fact. Tbh the passive buffs benefited archers just as much, especially since we had no useful self buffs in the first place.

Yeah but then again everyone else got it too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I really just want to say "So?" to that, because defenses in general have been skyrocketing with new gear updates, making this just a regular defense boost except in the guise of passives instead of actual gear, but if it makes you feel better, since archers have the lowest defenses in the first place, we got the most % reduction from the passives.

As insignificant of a consolation as that is, I assume it's a better reply than my original intent of "So?"

I have my beef with the updates. It's not the passives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Well it's more like...not all classes are made equal? Other classes can afford to stack debuffs with genie + debuff skills. Archers typically can't unless they are not under pressure in a group fight.

A cleric can sleep a BM out of marrow and set up with mdef debuff (or 2 debuffs if Demon) and charm debuff, can archers do that?

It's never just about raw stats, then again if you're comparing something like 3 pdef buffs to 1 mdef buff then it's a little ridiculous. A sin can have the same defensive stats as an archer too, yet a sin can probably burn genie on mire ep while the archer is using genie to try to keep distance or mitigate damage.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I really just want to say "So?" to that, because defenses in general have been skyrocketing with new gear updates, making this just a regular defense boost except in the guise of passives instead of actual gear, but if it makes you feel better, since archers have the lowest defenses in the first place, we got the most % reduction from the passives.

As insignificant of a consolation as that is, I assume it's a better reply than my original intent of "So?"

I have my beef with the updates. It's not the passives.

Archers AND sins have the lowest def, we wear basically the same damn gear.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Gimme tidal and deaden and cotd and 1/2 your CC tree and we'll talk, lol
    Channels

• XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Same gear maybe, same skill set no chance in hell. You have far more defensive skills and DD skills. You can DD better and tank better at end game.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2014
    Options

Um, no. Sins can ACTUALLY 'evade' CCs and magic, and cannot get one-shotted....if you're smart. So...yea, no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Um, no. Sins can ACTUALLY 'evade' CCs and magic, and cannot get one-shotted....if you're smart. So...yea, no.

Last time i checked archers had a 60% damage reduction spell that give an anti stun, and sins only have a chance to avoid damage. SO what was that about avoiding cc?

Please quit with the classist BS. Both classes have basically the same base stats other than the weapon. I said no mention of class skills. But if you want to go there, please do, so i can shut you down.
    Gimme tidal and deaden and cotd and 1/2 your CC tree and we'll talk, lol

Give me your range, ability to see sins your level, and high base damage. See where this is going?
    Same gear maybe, same skill set no chance in hell. You have far more defensive skills and DD skills. You can DD better and tank better at end game.

Last time i checked archers had 2x the base phy atk of sins, ability to leap from danger, massive range, purge on your main weapon, 60% damage reduction anti stun, a 15 sec anti stun, a sheild that actually absorbs a but of damage (not chance based), ability to get 90%+ crit without expending 2 sparks. Shall i go on? Seems like you guys shoot down the fact sins and archers have the same defensive stats, who said anything about skills? Sin skills don't scale with or buff our stats, you should know this.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Last time i checked archers had a 60% damage reduction spell that give an anti stun, and sins only have a chance to avoid damage. SO what was that about avoiding cc?

Please quit with the classist BS. Both classes have basically the same base stats other than the weapon. I said no mention of class skills. But if you want to go there, please do, so i can shut you down.

WoG is 30% damage reduction and will not potentially block any other status effects other than stun/slow/freeze/sleep.

Tidal is a 50%-66% chance to completely block w/e status effect and can resist purge as well. That is a hell of a lot more potential survivability than an archer has. To top it off, sins have their own anti-stun anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    WoG is 30% damage reduction and will not potentially block any other status effects other than stun/slow/freeze/sleep.

Tidal is a 50%-66% chance to completely block w/e status effect and can resist purge as well. That is a hell of a lot more potential survivability than an archer has.

Tidal also lasts 60 seconds with 30 seconds of downtime (67% uptime) vs. WoG's 15 seconds with 15 seconds of downtime (50% uptime), and doesn't cost you a spark every 30 seconds (not that it would matter much for you anyway, considering you're a sin).
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Last time i checked archers had 2x the base phy atk of sins, ability to leap from danger, massive range, purge on your main weapon, 60% damage reduction anti stun, a 15 sec anti stun, a sheild that actually absorbs a but of damage (not chance based), ability to get 90%+ crit without expending 2 sparks. Shall i go on? Seems like you guys shoot down the fact sins and archers have the same defensive stats, who said anything about skills? Sin skills don't scale with or buff our stats, you should know this.

Clearly you know nothing about the archer class. Or maybe you're just getting owned by archers with better gear than you. Either way - you're mostly wrong about everything you've said.

Sins and archers do not have the same defensive stats. If archers had zerk, or tidal, people would actually cry to their mums rather than QQ on forums.

I thought the fact that sins put offensive skills on their genie and the fact that archers need to put defensive skills was a testament to that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Clearly you know nothing about the archer class. Or maybe you're just getting owned by archers with better gear than you. Either way - you're mostly wrong about everything you've said.

Sins and archers do not have the same defensive stats. If archers had zerk, or tidal, people would actually cry to their mums rather than QQ on forums.

I thought the fact that sins put offensive skills on their genie and the fact that archers need to put defensive skills was a testament to that.

Indeed it is, don't know why we ea's bother answering silly statements like that though xD
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Last time i checked archers had 2x the base phy atk of sins, ability to leap from danger, massive range, purge on your main weapon, 60% damage reduction anti stun, a 15 sec anti stun, a sheild that actually absorbs a but of damage (not chance based), ability to get 90%+ crit without expending 2 sparks. Shall i go on?

We have not 2x base attack, but closer to 1.5x, especially now with cards and such giving a boost that's not related to weapon damage. This advantage means damn near nothing when sins (1) can zerk and (2) have an absurd number of skills with drastically higher damage addons than archers.

Shadow jump/tele work just as well for getting away as they do for getting close. Learn to use them that way -- and hey, you get 30-35 meters while we only get 20!

Knife throw + shadow tele give sins a larger effective range than archers (35m), and stealth basically negates the range advantage altogether. As much as you like to throw around being able to see sins your level, stealth pots (unlike sin's passive) do not have anywhere close to 100% uptime, and it's rare to find someone that's going to spam them constantly. You have plenty of opportunity to close that range gap with stealth.

As stated above, WoG is 30%, not 60%. Dramatic difference. It is also, to my knowledge, the only antistun in the game that is not instant. That is our 15 second antistun, and no, that is not a very significant difference from your 10-12 second antistun (especially considering you also have tidal), so don't pretend it is.

Winged Shell? Have you ever played an archer? Winged shell is one of the most useless defensive skills I have ever seen. 1k absorbed damage (1.5k upgraded) is useless in endgame PvP. It gets popped in a single shot, and is nowhere near worth the 1.3s channel/cast and the 45 (!) chi cost.

As for crit: 85-90% vs. 75-80% (which is now typical for endgame archers/sins) is not exactly the most significant difference: 5.5%-5.7%. It's a nice boost, but throwing that out as significant when a sin's DD capabilities drastically outmatch that of an archer's is asinine.
    Seems like you guys shoot down the fact sins and archers have the same defensive stats, who said anything about skills?

Defensive stats, yes. But you have dramatically more defensive options - full mobility in stealth (and on a shorter CD), tidal (which is much more beneficial than WoG - I'd trade you any day), a wide range of CC options... the list goes on.
    Sin skills don't scale with or buff our stats, you should know this.
    Going just off of sage here because I don't feel like typing demon + sage:

Among the commonly-used sin skills that have +wep damage (i.e., scales with stats):
    Slipstream: base + 100% + 6633, 6s cd, +8 chi
    Rib strike: base + 100% + 4495, 8s cd, +10 chi, lowers aps + lowers max hp (sage)
    Throatcut: base + 100% + 7331, 8s cd, -1 spark, interrupts + silences for 4s
    Headhunt: base + 100% + 8018, 30s cd, -1 spark, stuns for 5s
    Earthen: base + 430%, 8s cd, +10 chi, AoE
    Rising Dragon: base + 100% + 3643, 30s cd, +180 chi, 100% accuracy
    Elimination: 320% base, 15s cd, +30 chi, immobilize, massive DoT (935% wep)
    Life Hunter: base + 200% + 11755 PER HIT (every 0.7s), spammable, +10 chi, reduces aps, reduces max hp (sage)

The few commonly-used sin skills that don't have +wep damage:
    Tacking Slash: base + 5210, 15s cd, +50 chi, 11s immobilize
    Knife Throw: base + 1888, 10s cd, +20 chi, chance to interrupt, 35m range
    Spell Cutter: base + 3834, 15s cd, +10 chi, interrupts, slows channeling
    Condensed Thorn: base + 1817, +10 chi, slows, adds water damage
    Power Dash: base + 3831, 30s cd, -2 sparks, +50% crit (granted basically worthless at endgame now)
    Subsea: base + 6541, 30s cd, -2 sparks, 30% amp, AoE

Note that every skill without +wep damage has some other bonus that makes it useful: interrupt, adding water damage, AoE amp

Also note that most sin skills have very short channel times: the only skills listed here with more than 0.5s channel are Throatcut (1.1s) and Rift (0.7s), and many are 0.1s or 0.2s.

Commonly-used archer skills with +wep damage:
    (Using Demon for the same reason I used Sage on sins)
    Blood Vow: base + 150% + 4444, 2 min cd, -1 spark, reduces max hp, 25% amp, DoT
    BoA: base + 200% + 6639, 30s cd, -2 sparks, AoE
    Take Aim: base + 400%, 3s cd, +15 chi

Fully charged take aim is almost never used except to oneshot unsuspecting people with lower gear; it is typically insta-casted, giving just base phys damage.
    Other than that: oh man, two skills, both costing a spark, and one on a 2 minute cd.

Arrow Inferno and Whisper Shot also have +wep% (+250% and +100%, respectively), but they are very rarely used, due to their spark cost and other factors (like Whisper Shot's absurdly small AoE)

Commonly-used archer skills without +wep damage (basically everything):
    Quickshot: base + 2508, 3s cd, +5 chi, 50% chance to give +30% aps for 6s
    Aim Low: base + 5403, 15s cd, -1 spark, 90% chance to immobilize for 8s + 25% chance to stun for 3s
    Stunning Arrow: base + 2687, 15s cd, +15 chi, 90% chance to stun for 3s, +10% crit for 10s
    STA: base + 3668, 15s cd, +12 chi, reduces max hp, +10% crit for 15s, AoE
    Winged Pledge: base + 3148, 2s cd, +15 chi, melee, 25% chance to slow
    Wingspan: base + 4347, 6s cd, +10 chi, melee, AoE, grants lv5 winged shell
    Lightning Strike: base + 3820, 8s cd, +10 chi, 100% accuracy
    Thunder Shock: base + 4238, 6s cd, -30 chi, metal debuff
    Thunderous Blast: base + 4819, 8s cd, +10 chi, AoE

Sins have dramatically more skills that scale with your weapon damage. The idea that sin skills "don't scale with stats" is clearly absurd. Their skills also have significantly less channel time (1.0-2.0 is typical for archer skills) and generate significantly more chi. Elimination and Life Hunter both do dramatically more damage than BV, but on a 15s or nonexistent CD (compared to 2 mins), and give chi instead of costing a spark.

On the defensive side of things, you can't pretend that Tidal doesn't give more benefit as stats increase, although putting a numerical value on its benefit is difficult. Focused Mind, though, which is generally regarded as inferior to Tidal, gives +33% average damage reduction with 67% uptime and no chi cost, compared to WoG's max 50% uptime at a cost of 1 spark every 30s. WoG performs slightly better in constant-damage situations and Focused better in spike-damage situations, but Focused is the clear winner overall, at least in damage reduction. The antistun would be roughly on par with Tidal, which only has a chance to block but has greater uptime, but WoG does not block things like purge, amp, or other debuffs -- and again costs a spark every 30s. On top of this, sins get an instant-cast 12s antistun that I would say is roughly equivalent to an archer's Alacrity (which is only 8s but gives a more significant speed boost), though Alacrity has double the cd (3 mins vs. 90s). Sins also get Deaden (83% uptime), making it impossible to be oneshot.

Arguing that the benefit from tidal/focused does not scale with your defense while that of WoG does is, again, clearly absurd -- if anything, the sin's skills (tidal especially) scale better. Deaden's benefit also increases significantly as survivability increases.

To go back to your original post, which was so absurd it took me a minute to realize you were even serious:

Last I checked, sins have a no-chi-cost movement speed boost, free out-of-combat stealth, full mobility in stealth, a shorter force-stealth cooldown, dramatically shorter channel times, significantly more skills that scale with weapon damage, overall higher skill damage, greater chi generation from skills, more CC options (that also last longer), GoF on their main weapon (which has ~4-5x the proc chance of purge), a 30-meter and a 35-meter (stunning) leap, the ability to see people in stealth with 100% uptime and without spamming pots, multiple interrupts, longer range than archers on a stun-leap and knife throw, an anti-oneshot skill, and a 67% chance to avoid all incoming debuffs, including CCs/debuffs/purge. Shall I go on?
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

From his comment in another thread:
    I'm not endgame, not even close.b:bye
    You probably shouldn't be taking him so seriously, he's just a troll.

As stated above, WoG is 30%, not 60%. Dramatic difference. It is also, to my knowledge, the only antistun in the game that is not instant. That is our 15 second antistun, and no, that is not a very significant difference from your 10-12 second antistun (especially considering you also have tidal), so don't pretend it is.
    I really hate it when people call wog 15 seconds. WoG is only 12 seconds of useable anti stun after the 3 seconds of casting. It doesn't make much sense to call it a 15 second anti stun. It's like saying demon spark lasts for 18 seconds.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options

I really hate it when people call wog 15 seconds. WoG is only 12 seconds of useable anti stun after the 3 seconds of casting. It doesn't make much sense to call it a 15 second anti stun. It's like saying demon spark lasts for 18 seconds.

People seem to think wog is a game breaking skill. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    *snip*

The sheer ignorance displayed in this post.... just... there are no words.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Dion Dagger is an idiot who thinks that sins are the PWI equivalent of little orphan annie. Among the kinds of things he claims are statements that archers outdamage sins on equal gear terms in PvE and that venos are useless in PvP.
    He likes to bring up his stupid unfounded assassin concerns in archer threads which are completely irrelevant to his QQing and does not deserve a real response. Leave him alone in his solitary corner of ****** b:thanks