Wake me up when QQme falls apart (again) and the game becomes fun (again).

2»

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Meh. I've seen this kind of thing happen on other games. Join the top or be left out of any chance to be at the top. One of 4 things happens:
    - Server dies as anyone not in the elite group finds more interesting things to do (PvP are more prone to this then PvE environments). "WTT my coins here for your coins there" is a good warning signal if it's frequent that this is going on.
    - Admins intervene and force a breakup to make the game more interesting for groups as a whole. Happened in other games. Don't think it'll happen here.
    - The "elite" faction splinters due to internal squabbling, usually instigated by a few folk with huge egos (the proverbial epeen measuring contest - though with the amount of women in this game that metaphor doesn't fully apply). Usually this goes with enough shouting and namecalling that other factions become aware of the internal issues and a nice old gank ensues at the TW that follows it.
    - The remainder of the other factions get organized and group-assaults, simply overwhelming the top dogs with numbers. The "swarm vs giant" tactic. Works as long as the pressure is kept up, but usually sets a lot of bad blood if one group is ganked repeatedly. Still, if that one group controls over half the map...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This is simply a repeat of what we saw when Vicious was at the top, and it took QQme time to achieve that goal of themselves being in the top spot. It is not to say it is just some boring re-run, but just to say, this is the cycle of TWs. It might take about a year before anyone can challenge QQme at this point, unless some unforeseen turn of events takes place sooner.

In all honesty, it just comes down to patience. It can be assumed that everyone on the server is seeking to build themselves up, some even doing so in groups or with groups of friends.

What I have been noticing is the top TW factions recruiting RB+ only. I think that is actually a mistake. Help those that are mains, help them build up... There are plenty of non-RBs that do not know about how to level quick and how to gear up cost effectively. It is those people that are in the potential solder pool. Helping those people will also more often than not build true loyalty.

The RB+ likely know TW and if you can befriend those rogue ones, then they may join your factions. But they likely already know what factions they would and would not join, for whatever their reasons. The RB+ will likely approach those top factions on their own accord, there is no real reason to "attempt" to recruit them, as they will be recruited through top TW faction members being friends with them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As if to prove Bhavyy point.

Wow butthurt much. I hope THIS helps you out.

Wait a second, did he lie? No he didnt. You make yourself look like the one in need of the "Tucks"...ijs. I dont hate QQme, Levi, or any other faction I have been in. I had fun for a short while in them all.

I dont see the point of a discussion, if truths will be denied just to save a false sense of respectability. Then again, what is the point of saying anything negative about ANY top TW group, when no faction is innocent?

No one faction or even player is responsible for the way things are. PW is responsible. They will make their game available to more people when and if they feel like it. They obviously do not feel like it. b:chuckle

All they really need to do is lower the cost of their best items to something affordable, but that is impossible it seems. Those that buy-their-win obviously plan to keep buying it forever, and that's all that PW wants or needs.

Since you will all be seeing each other in NW/TW for many more years, you might as well learn to like each other, right?

It is what it is, afterall. And until a well off player wants to buy the game into 'something better' - it would seem it will remain what it is, too. *shrugs*
  • ToyTank - Raging Tide
    ToyTank - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    God dammit, QQme still in the news.
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wait a second, did he lie? No he didnt.

I did not suggest that he did lie but what purpose does that post serve in this thread other than to rehash a two year old grudge which is an example what Bhavyy posted that players need to get over with.

This is not about QQme, it is about any faction that hold the top position. Why must the top faction splinter or dissolve to make way for a 'new' top faction as the thread title suggests?

I'd argue that upcoming/rebuilding factions need to work together to gearing up, identify and remove inactives, and recruit new members but for whatever reason they don't.
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Boredom and ridiculous price on everything and losing so many ways to farm killed the game.. idk how it has anything to do with the tw map.

Boredom comes to those who don't change to adapt to the new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Boredom comes to those who don't change to adapt to the new.

whats there to adapt ? same ol dailies... same ol faces... same ol wc shizz...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I did not suggest that he did lie but what purpose does that post serve in this thread other than to rehash a two year old grudge which is an example what Bhavyy posted that players need to get over with.

This is not about QQme, it is about any faction that hold the top position. Why must the top faction splinter or dissolve to make way for a 'new' top faction as the thread title suggests?

I'd argue that upcoming/rebuilding factions need to work together to gearing up, identify and remove inactives, and recruit new members but for whatever reason they don't.

I didnt know there was an upcoming/rebuilding faction. I feel like Im with the same people even when changing servers. Who knew? b:chuckle

People hold grudges. What are you going to do? I know you can think of at least 1 member of your core group that holds grudges. On this very forum even, lol. Why would any other faction be any different?

You want it to go away? Dont treat it like bait. Its only bait if you take it and run with it.

QQme doesnt have to do anything but sit there and drink their wine if no one wants to fight you.

Who knew folks would one day consider spending a lot of money to do nothing as fun? *shrugs* o.0
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited February 2014

This is exactly why TW is so boring. There is no one to rebuild factions with. Where do you think players that are going to compete with the gear and numbers are going to come from when there is so very few who are new to the game joining our server and of these people even less play the game to the point where they WANT to have a competitively geared character. Of these people there are EVEN LESS that actually CAN and even less that DO.

If rebuilding was that easy it wouldn't have taken QQme 2 years to do it. Let's not forget QQme also had the help of new members joining from the coincidental "splintering" of Zoo and Wanted.

Faction-splintering is necessary for another faction to rebuild. They're one and the same thing, 2 faces of the same coin, cause and effect. It's written all over PWI history across the servers. This is probably the most simple fact that people don't seem to understand about TW on a game that isn't growing anymore. Better distribution is the key to better TWs. Some people just seem to prefer putting other priorities higher than fun. People also seem to think leaving a faction means you can't be friends with people in that faction anymore or play the majority of the game with those people anymore as if their faction name is some sort of binding contract of exclusiveness... lol@thosepeople.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1