Cooldown 10.0 seconds
Chi Gained 20
Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

Requisite Cultivation Aware of the Void
Shoots a deadly torrent of Sandfall at the target,
dealing base magical damage plus 200% weapon damage,
plus 6560 Earth damage. Over 9 seconds the target's Accuracy is
lowered by 50%, and suffers 600% weapon damage plus
7021 Earth damage. Has 20% chance to stun it for 3 seconds.

Stun chance is increased to 33%.

anyone gotten this skill yet? D:
Post edited by _CurseD - Archosaur on

Comments

• Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I see this skill as being another one in our combo for % skill to stun the target. With demon stone rain and demon version of frozen flame, demon wizzes have an edge in maybe...landing one of 3 stuns. If not, just put the water barrier and use Mountain seize. b:chuckle
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I contemplated it for a short while and opted instead to go for the passive defenses. It does seem like a much needed improvement for sage and still a pretty good thing to have for demon. In the past the big advantage of sage was the availability of chi but with the new glacial embrace it doesn't really seem like much of an advantage compared to what demon gets with demonic eruption, quaff, and the abundance of control skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GrandKilady - Archosaur
    GrandKilady - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You can get info on even the new skills by opening encyclopedia, skills tab etc etc you get the drift that how i learned about some of the new skills before i got em ( not that i have gotten em all but i know the info of them CD, range, etc
  • w34kd0g
    w34kd0g Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Are you sure that it's a stun? Might be a translation error and it's just a paralyze like pitfall b:surrender
  • Ocman - Lost City
    Ocman - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Always carry Eye of Observation w/ tab you can find low lvl sins like assassins creed 2 b:laugh
  • Mr_Lapp - Lost City
    Mr_Lapp - Lost City Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Frozen Flame Demon Sucks Compared to Demon Emberstorm, specially since Demon Emberstorm is an 50% chance aeo stun. So if your looking for more stuns for demon wizards, then don't get Froze Flame.
  • Dalamaar - Heavens Tear
    Dalamaar - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Frozen Flame Demon Sucks Compared to Demon Emberstorm, specially since Demon Emberstorm is an 50% chance aeo stun. So if your looking for more stuns for demon wizards, then don't get Froze Flame.

I can agree on the stun side but for damage and usefulness of frozen flame I would say get it. First wizzie skill (that I have anyways) that hits 2x in one cast to single target with 2 possible effects at the same time unlike a DOT skill. Longer channel makes it not the best finisher but as a starter this skill is pretty good in PvE. If you can hit with it to tick a charm you will still have chi left over to follow up with a sutra combo making for a decent damage spike in PvP.

One side effect that I like the I am not sure if was intended is if you channel the skill but the mob dies before it is cast you still get 30 chi. I keep FF as part of my PVE and PVP combos for the chi as much as the damage. Might change my mind after I get the new water shield but for now it's still good.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone got this skill, SandFall?
  • __oOo__ - Heavens Tear
    __oOo__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The skill is a freeze the text is wrong. It's basically a stone rain that paralyzes in terms of dmg.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The skill is a freeze the text is wrong. It's basically a stone rain that paralyzes in terms of dmg.

WOW not a % based? How long, 3 sec?
  • DeathProof - Dreamweaver
    DeathProof - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    One of my factionmates got the skill today, and I can say that I'm not happy with it. It's basically a bit more than Stone Rain damage, and the DoT is ****. The freeze chance sucks for sage as well, it only froze me once in 10 hits.

Not losing Sandstorm for this D:
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    i just got the sage skill, it looks absolutely amazing (it looks like i do a flip in the air and then channel the power of the earth and shoot a spike into the enemy) and the damage isn't bad either. The over time is hitting other r9 3rd casts about 1k per tick and the damage is between that of stone rain and sandstorm, however the total damage including the ticks exceeds sandstorm. The "chance to stun" is a text error, it is 20% chance to immobilize.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I got my water barrier and fire barrier, maxed crit passive to have 50% with barrier and skill dmg passive. Now i am thorn between this sandfall skill or....the defense passives.

To be honest, sins with their new skills chew me so fast....I might think of the defensive passives first.

What do you guys recommend?
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I got my water barrier and fire barrier, maxed crit passive to have 50% with barrier and skill dmg passive. Now i am thorn between this sandfall skill or....the defense passives.

To be honest, sins with their new skills chew me so fast....I might think of the defensive passives first.

I think it's less useful than frostblade
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

new damage skills, especially for demon wizards are a complete rip off, i cant tell how many times im in pve and pvp situations where i find myself looking for the emberstorm hotkey but that isn't there anymore...

i'd say go for the stone barrier, imo the reduced channelling and chi cost are a must for mass pvp situations where often wizards are mighty swinged-> purged -> AAd and, at current endgame, being able to rebuff stone barrier like instantly after a purge can save your ***
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    new damage skills, especially for demon wizards are a complete rip off, i cant tell how many times im in pve and pvp situations where i find myself looking for the emberstorm hotkey but that isn't there anymore...

That's why i reverted all my demon skills to get ember storm back. Pretty bs that sin barb bm get insanely op skills while wiz get skills so good that I'd spend hundreds of mils to NOT have it.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That's why i reverted all my demon skills to get ember storm back. Pretty bs that sin barb bm get insanely op skills while wiz get skills so good that I'd spend hundreds of mils to NOT have it.

I am assuming this means you used the celestial schism and swapped cultis?

If so could you confirm/deny the following? Swapping cultis reverts primal skills to level 10 versions, there is no refund of blood, primal passive skills are kept.

ty b:thanks
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I am assuming this means you used the celestial schism and swapped cultis?

If so could you confirm/deny the following? Swapping cultis reverts primal skills to level 10 versions, there is no refund of blood, primal passive skills are kept.

ty b:thanks

yes .
    edited February 2014
    Options

Demon emberstorm may be an awesome skill but personally i was never able to find its utility pvp or pve wise. Maybe im still a noob and still have to discover the true path of a wizard. I find frostflame as a great skill. Procs stun 2/3 of the time. With my crit rate if i crit on the 2nd hit i can easily bypass a charmtick and oneshot people. Good chi and fast enough animation. I use it more than i ever used emberstorm.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Demon emberstorm may be an awesome skill but personally i was never able to find its utility pvp or pve wise. Maybe im still a noob and still have to discover the true path of a wizard. I find frostflame as a great skill. Procs stun 2/3 of the time. With my crit rate if i crit on the 2nd hit i can easily bypass a charmtick and oneshot people. Good chi and fast enough animation. I use it more than i ever used emberstorm.

well it really depends on the playstyle, but imo its really hard to "control" a bypass using frostflame, imo its not practical

frostflame would be a great skill on "dps" casters like mystic or psychic,
    wizard has all dph skills,
    and PWCH gave our class one single dps skill... since wizard will never ever be able to dps (unless you are faceroll on channelling\glass set) also
    we cant rely on the damage, we cant rely on the CC, wtf are we supposed to do with this skill ._.

well i sometimes find myself in mass pvp situations where i am gap closed from bms (reel) or seekers (transposition),
    being able to throw a 50% chance insta aoe stun after the "grab" can give you one more escape in this critical situations...
    still in mass pvp you can try to use demon embe as a cheap CC to disengage after a ip db but its very situational if everything else is down...

frostflame does nothing of all mentioned above... has just no use lol xD

i am wondering if pwch introduced these skills to actually nerf our class on purpose :\
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Enemy - Raging Tide
    Enemy - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm mostly inactive nowadays and just come for the TWs. But everytime i think about spell's crit rate it makes me want to play and do my dailies ahha
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm mostly inactive nowadays and just come for the TWs. But everytime i think about spell's crit rate it makes me want to play and do my dailies ahha

i started to use flame shield and mhh i must say at very endgame its not that OP as i thought it would've been, also in mass pvp it exposes you a lot to be focus CCd or AAd

if you consider cards, crit passives, crit engraves and crit weapon shards, crit buff and runes, demon wizard can be around 40-45% crit base (i'm 40% crit base with single crit engrave on neck and no crit engraves on rings, 60 dex, 3 crit passives missing )

and obiouvsly the difference between 40% to 55% crit, is not that "important\OP" as it would've been from 15% to 30%

still i think this might be good for sages to stack it with bid proc and land sure crits after that

so at the end of the day we can say that sage wizards got the best out from primal skills, but demon ones mhh pretty much screwed up
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Placer - Morai
    Placer - Morai Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm still undecided about learning sage pitall >.< Because I want something with decent damage, the DoT part sounds nice, but the dmg %from wep is reduced from 300% that you get with sandstorm to 200% and I don't know if the DoT can make it up for it. Does anyone else has learned this skill yet that can share experiences?

Thanks for help
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I'm still undecided about learning sage pitall >.< Because I want something with decent damage, the DoT part sounds nice, but the dmg %from wep is reduced from 300% that you get with sandstorm to 200% and I don't know if the DoT can make it up for it. Does anyone else has learned this skill yet that can share experiences?

Thanks for help

at endgame, sandstorm and pitfall will have almost same damage output

its just your choice to have 2 different earth damage skills or merge them
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Fei_Lung - Sanctuary
    Fei_Lung - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I myself was on the fence about Sandfall, but after doing the math, I feel much better about it.
    Just doing the base math/theorycraft on a G16 weapon with +7 refine, not factoring in attack/defense levels/resists or any extra stats, in comparison to just Sandstorm, I only came out with a 2k difference on the DD, which is around 10% less initial damage, and with the amount of damage factored into the DoT, you make up the damage difference in the first second that the DoT is active on your target, everything after is bonus damage.

if you care about what comes when you compare sandfall to pitfall and sandstorm put together, sandfall's total damage is a little less, but only when pitfall's DoT is running for more than 2/3 its full duration. This is mostly due to the fact that because you're casting 2 different skills, base magic damage is calculated twice.

Personally, pitfall sees most of its use for me as a filler skill in my macros and not something I actively attempt to keep up on targets, so if you're anything like me, you really won't miss it terribly. given that this gives more damage per cast overall, I'll be going for it.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    demon wizzys many not of had a good update, but sage wizzys like me are loving it, hey we got a free 50% stun out of nowhere and a 20% chance to seal that does pretty damn good damage.

Also I saw in the encylopedia an unfinished update to pyrogram, we will definitely have more new skills to come, and pyrogram is most likely one of them.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Not completely agree with that,
    while sage get better (somewhat) benefit with frozenflame,
    demon get better benefit on chi management with new Glacial Embrace.

that will include demon wellspring-quaff use more rapidly.
    and gaining faster access to 3sparking.
    -chanting which is sage don't have any access on these.
    sage wellspring-quaff is meh anw
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I actually kind of like pitfall, it makes for a nice quick attack if I need to eat an opponents magic charms or if I just need a little damage to take someone out before a charm tick following a gush.

Also, its nice for bot macros when faster casters are there since pyrogram can take too long to compete with rebirthed cyclones lack of cooldown, though PVE uses are less of a concern.

While Sandfall may wind up being nice, I think Ill wait for more feedback from people who have it and get my last passive (4k more vitae for level 7 absolute virtue, yay) and my primal pyroshell and stone barrier first, since those are indisputably better than their level 11 predecessors.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • _CurseD - Archosaur
    _CurseD - Archosaur Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    i just got the skill today. and the damage reduced isnt that much. like the comment above said, the first DoT dmg will make up for the dmg reduction when u upgrade it.

i think its still worth it to get

1.) the chanel and cast is reduced a lot comapred to sandstorm
    2.) u gain chi 20 chi everytime u use the skill
    3.) it gives me extra chance to freeze a target since i dont really use pitfall.

its like pitfall w/ more dmg.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited March 2014
    Options
    compared to the broken things barbs, bms and sins got

the skills wizards got (especially demon ones) are a confirmed nerf.

to make the new skills actually worth, they should make frostflame as a single hit with same damage output in both the elements (water and fire) and stone barrier should have the seal on hit as it was "projected" by some chinese dev back in time

i would say that at endgame all the new skills are almost useless. 15 crit\10chi x 3sec. shields dont have that expected impact since wearing them in pvp scenario will lead you to be dead either you will have them purged

i dont know wizards were supposed to be the class to fear, now we are outdpsd outdphd outccd outtankd its really terrible how hard they nerfed our class

in the time you land a pathetic sandfall, a sin did life hunter+elimination on you... enough said

once upon a time bids were "generating terror" on the battlefield, now if you are lucky you hit 2-4ks on your targets

devs have to fix this.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524