Options
2»

Comments

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    compared to the broken things barbs, bms and sins got

the skills wizards got (especially demon ones) are a confirmed nerf.

to make the new skills actually worth, they should make frostflame as a single hit with same damage output in both the elements (water and fire) and stone barrier should have the seal on hit as it was "projected" by some chinese dev back in time

i would say that at endgame all the new skills are almost useless. 15 crit\10chi x 3sec. shields dont have that expected impact since wearing them in pvp scenario will lead you to be dead either you will have them purged

i dont know wizards were supposed to be the class to fear, now we are outdpsd outdphd outccd outtankd its really terrible how hard they nerfed our class

in the time you land a pathetic sandfall, a sin did life hunter+elimination on you... enough said

once upon a time bids were "generating terror" on the battlefield, now if you are lucky you hit 2-4ks on your targets

devs have to fix this.

Lol WHAT?
    You don't like chi?
    You don't like extra crit?
    You hit only 2-4k with BID?
    Do you have no spirit or something?
    Did you not rebirth?

Do you even play this game? Lol.

You are clearly missing gears, or spirit, or stats if your doing 2k damge with BID.
    Wizards still hit the hardest flat out of any class.(not counting zerk)
    Getting your chi up for wizi to full pretty easily without wasting Apoth or genie is clutch!
    + it constantly keeps your chi up.
    Frozen Flame is way better with a 2 hit then a 1 hit because it can its water then fire. Using spark with it, you can get someone close to ticking from the water, then kill them before charm ticks with the fire hit.
    Haven't gotten sandfall yet, but heard its ok.
    Stone barrier & Frostblade are the only things that's are not super exciting.

Wizards kick ***. end of story.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Fei_Lung - Sanctuary
    Fei_Lung - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I wasn't going to bother replying to him, as most of his previous posts give this one the air of someone with his fingers in his ears and refusing to try or listen to anyone. but here goes:

yes, frozen flame is better for sages than it is for demons, that's glaringly obvious. does it mean that its useless? absolutely not. in PVE I routinely hit harder with this skill than I ever did with glacial snare, and the stun is a welcome addition. The two hit mechanic is both a blessing and a curse, yes, it does hit with 2 different resists, but crits do treat it like two separate casts, which boils down to this: more crits likely per cast, but less overall crit damage.

shields are useless? please. you can stop right there and walk away. the shields are more than useful for wizards. passive chi generation? large increase in crit with no major gear changes? no wizard in their right mind would pass these up. these are very potent, and effective additions to the class. and being useless because they're purged...I guess you run without buffs all the time? I mean, there are only a couple of buffs that a player can cast that aren't able to be purged. by this logic, why bother even wearing gear, I mean, it can break, right?

If you think a sin would own you before you cast Sandfall, well, then you just would have died anyway. Sandfall is a faster cast than Sandstorm, the skill it primarily replaces, so...would you try to cast Sandstorm on a sin without disabling him in some form or fashion first? this is more of a playstyle problem than a skill problem, and you'd do more damage with Sandfall anyway. This skill would be VERY effective against sins used to guerilla tactics. (pop out of stealth, attack, pop back in)

Wizards are still feared, they're just one of the rarer classes, and because they're rare, that means there are fewer endgame wizards than there are, say, endgame sins.

compared to the broken things barbs, bms and sins got

the skills wizards got (especially demon ones) are a confirmed nerf.

to make the new skills actually worth, they should make frostflame as a single hit with same damage output in both the elements (water and fire) and stone barrier should have the seal on hit as it was "projected" by some chinese dev back in time

i would say that at endgame all the new skills are almost useless. 15 crit\10chi x 3sec. shields dont have that expected impact since wearing them in pvp scenario will lead you to be dead either you will have them purged

i dont know wizards were supposed to be the class to fear, now we are outdpsd outdphd outccd outtankd its really terrible how hard they nerfed our class

in the time you land a pathetic sandfall, a sin did life hunter+elimination on you... enough said

once upon a time bids were "generating terror" on the battlefield, now if you are lucky you hit 2-4ks on your targets

devs have to fix this.
  • Placer - Morai
    Placer - Morai Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I think I will give Sandfall a try and learn it on next. I already got the upgrades for the glacial embrace and pyroshell, they are working pretty nice for me.

I'm a sage wizard btw.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    you both are prolly not endgame and cant perfectly understand my statement...

you cant wear chi shield in pvp, you cant wear crit shield in pvp if you arent spending an IG with it

also crit increase is not that game breaking since endgame wizards now have 40% crit,
    rest of skills are useless especially for demon wizs.

if you get a 2spark life hunter elimination from stealth you are dead before even understanding what happened

spark has been nerfed from the passives, also you wont get someone close to tick charm with the water part of frozen flame lol

i am talking endgame pvp, for not endgame pvp and for pve yes those skills are great.

wizards are badly nerfed period.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I wont reply the non related posts even thogh i could say many against them XD

I got sandfall yesterday, im liking it a lot, i tested on one of the best geared archers in game, i did 6k base damage and 843 dot after....
    So, decent damage, fun animation, spammable since its only 10 sec cooldown, im demon so freeze chance is better and helps to build chi faster. between that and frozen flame, and glacial embrace on non threatening moments, my chi is well build compared to before, so i dont think demon wizards are so ***** up on this expansion (i do miss emberstorm)

I advice to get it.
  • jhpwifour
    jhpwifour Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Got a question about Sandfall, does it include the original accuracy reduction ailment from Sandstorm?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    jhpwifour wrote: »
    Got a question about Sandfall, does it include the original accuracy reduction ailment from Sandstorm?

Shoots a deadly torrent of Sandfall at the target,
    dealing base magical damage plus 200% weapon damage,
    plus 6560 Earth damage. Over 9 seconds the target's Accuracy is
    lowered by 50%
    , and suffers 600% weapon damage plus
    7021 Earth damage. Has 20% chance to stun it for 3 seconds.

Stun chance is increased to 33%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jhpwifour
    jhpwifour Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Shoots a deadly torrent of Sandfall at the target,
    dealing base magical damage plus 200% weapon damage,
    plus 6560 Earth damage. Over 9 seconds the target's Accuracy is
    lowered by 50%
    , and suffers 600% weapon damage plus
    7021 Earth damage. Has 20% chance to stun it for 3 seconds.

Stun chance is increased to 33%.

You can never rely on skill descriptions translated by PWE so I wish someone who has actually used the skill Sandfall to verify.
  • Buddehh - Heavens Tear
    Buddehh - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Does anybody know of a video of what it actually looks like? I have yet to find a wizzy on HT that actually has it. Still haven't decided to actually get the skill as I'm still working on the Bloods, mostly for passives. Everybody says its cool looking so I'm kinda excited to see it, I want more new looking skills xD