[Maintenance Discussion] 2-4-14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Sooo..still no fix to the glitch on venos where you can't summon pets while flying? b:surrender
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Shellene - Dreamweaver
    Shellene - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    >Forum Events

We used to have those...but the forum populace is just a fragment of what it used to be. Drawing contests/screenshot contests were nice though. It would be good to have more of those (along with writing, music, ect) to inspire more creativity, but I doubt it'll happen due to the lack of resources available to manage all of that. Even then, we're currently made up mostly of disgruntled regulars or those who just want answers/to complain; few actually stick around for the long term.

Every now and then I visit the Russians and I'm blown away by the contests and their entrants...I wish we had stuff like that more often.....

lol, I'd say about 97% of the people I know that play pwi don't want to waste there time reading the forums unless they have a major complaint that they can't get an answer to from submitting a ticket. They say, "I'm here to play a game not read". I like reading the forums and getting other peoples view of what's happening.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    lol, I'd say about 97% of the people I know that play pwi don't want to waste there time reading the forums unless they have a major complaint that they can't get an answer to from submitting a ticket. They say, "I'm here to play a game not read".

Yes, that is right.

Most don't have a need to visit otherwise, nor do they care to interact with players outside of their guild/server for the aforementioned reasons (orrr~, to spam the maintenance thread with "hurr when is srver open")

Its quite a shame, really. So much information is easily found here that addresses a lot of questions often asked in-game, and...this place's populace can be interesting at times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I've learned that some people just never post, but are regular readers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I've learned that some people just never post, but are regular readers.

Lurking is always an option b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ndnz
    ndnz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Today there will be maintenance from 11pm PST - 3am PST.

Remember the maintenance we were supposed to have last week? Well, it's back! Here are the patch notes again in case you missed them last time!

PWI Patch Notes v771 - Released February 4th, 2014

Localization
    Items
    *The skill books for Dragon Rising now list the correct prerequisite skills.

User Interface
    *The level requirement for Nation Wars no longer displays an error.
    *The racial description for the Untamed now talks about both the Venomancer and Barbarian classes.

General
    *Demonic Eruption now correctly states that it increases Attack Rate rather than reducing incoming damage.
    *The Four Emperors' names and lands are now consistent with those used in Nation Wars.
    *Skills that formerly said "Primal version" now correctly say "Demon version."
    *All skill tooltips now say "Required Cultivation" instead of "Requisite Cultivation."

Archer
    *Kiss of Snakes has been renamed Kiss of the Snake

Blademaster
    *Dragon Rising's tooltip is no longer cut off.
    *Updated Hillborn's tooltip for clarity and consistency.
    *Updated Star Smite's tooltip for clarity and consistency.
    *Tiger Leap now lists the correct immunity chance.

Cleric
    *The Primal World Wellspring Surge skill has been renamed Soothing Pulse to properly distinguish it as a new skill rather thana direct upgrade of Wellspring Surge.
    *The tooltips for Aurora Burst and Aurora Blast are no longer cut off.
    *The Demon version of Spirit's Gift now correctly states that the additional Magic Attack bonus is only given to the caster.

Psychic
    *Updated Stone Smasher's tooltip for clarity and consistency.

Seeker
    *Updated Radiant Sight's tooltip for clarity and consistency.

*Misc. grammatical fixes.

This week's maintenance question:

What type of forum events are your favorite? Why?

will you upload the faction logos and fix the auto path mount glitch already..
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    Lazaraes - Archosaur Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ndnz wrote: »
    will you upload the faction logos and fix the auto path mount glitch already..

Will people stop quoting the entire first post already? It's long in case no one has noticed... Also we can read it ourselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I've been waiting for this fix for awhile, I posted it a little over a month ago:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1658091

Its an issue with many skills, PWI needs to update their targeting or something cuz I find this just annoying.
  • ndnz
    ndnz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Will people stop quoting the entire first post already? It's long in case no one has noticed... Also we can read it ourselves.

**** about my question jeeze go qq elsewhere fvckin newby
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ndnz wrote: »
    **** about my question jeeze go qq elsewhere fvckin newby

-rolls eyes- I only recently changed my forum picture to my cleric. But sure, assume I'm a newb. Whatever makes you feel better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    forum events are nice, but as it's been said a few time now most just read for info or post when there is a major issue. what I would suggest is a series of seasonal events in game.

well the next holiday is valentines day, an in-game event might be to have mobs drop special arrows that we can pick up and the later shoot at other players. if you shoot a male player then they grab the closest female player and plant a big smooch on them b:kiss , same if you shoot a female player , they would then grab the nearest male player and pant one on them b:dirty b:kiss.

Easter; server event/ competition

have vile rabbits pop out after you kill a mob, get vile rabbit to collect a rabbits foot, then turn them in at an npc for points for your server. end of event the server(s) with the highest ranking get a 5,4,3 x xp/spirit for a week, others get a 2x
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Doom_Kitty - Lost City
    Doom_Kitty - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    why don't you fix the new 2nd rebirth quest? "Time For Living - Required Item Letter Of Ash"

You go to the cords but you cannot dig the item required..b:surrender
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Maintenance time incoming, everyone batten down the hatches and brace yourselves (Mods and Mister Sparkles especially).

And remember... we're all counting on you. f:gone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Remember the maintenance we were supposed to have last week? Well, it's back! Here are the patch notes again in case you missed them last time!

Localization
    Items
    *The skill books for Dragon Rising now list the correct prerequisite skills.

User Interface
    *The level requirement for Nation Wars no longer displays an error.
    *The racial description for the Untamed now talks about both the Venomancer and Barbarian classes.

General
    *Demonic Eruption now correctly states that it increases Attack Rate rather than reducing incoming damage.
    *The Four Emperors' names and lands are now consistent with those used in Nation Wars.
    *All skill tooltips now say "Required Cultivation" instead of "Requisite Cultivation."

Archer
    *Kiss of Snakes has been renamed Kiss of the Snake

Blademaster
    *Dragon Rising's tooltip is no longer cut off.
    *Updated Hillborn's tooltip for clarity and consistency.
    *Updated Star Smite's tooltip for clarity and consistency.
    *Tiger Leap now lists the correct immunity chance.

Cleric
    *The Primal World Wellspring Surge skill has been renamed Soothing Pulse to properly distinguish it as a new skill rather thana direct upgrade of Wellspring Surge.
    *The tooltips for Aurora Burst and Aurora Blast are no longer cut off.
    *The Demon version of Spirit's Gift now correctly states that the additional Magic Attack bonus is only given to the caster.

Psychic
    *Updated Stone Smasher's tooltip for clarity and consistency.

Seeker
    *Updated Radiant Sight's tooltip for clarity and consistency.

*Misc. grammatical fixes.

This week's maintenance question:

What type of forum events are your favorite? Why?

There isn't really anything to draw me to forums anymore besides this weekly one for maint times. I have gone to read other forums and they all end up looking like worldchat drama with the same people talking **** to each other just in a different spot. And the PWI based contests are few and far between as far as I have seen.

And in the maint notes you forgot to put *Fixing the ability for Venomancers to summon pets when flying* And *Fixing the 2nd Rebirth quest so that you can dig to continue the quest line* b:sad
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Maintenance time incoming, everyone batten down the hatches and brace yourselves (Mods and Mister Sparkles especially).

And remember... we're all counting on you. f:gone

The game s on.

EDIT: Seriously, why do people feel the need to quote the entire OP?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Seekpotatoes - Sanctuary
    Seekpotatoes - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot why is that that I'm so poor?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Do you?f:cool
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    *runs around with muppet arms flailing*

f:horror
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    EDIT: Seriously, why do people feel the need to quote the entire OP?

My guess is people don't realise they can erase parts they don't need...

Also, why do people assume Mister Sparkles has the magical game-fixing wand? He can't fix the game... that's ALL on the developers over in China... who care more about their version of the game than ours so we get the least amount of attention and we get it last.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot why is that that I'm so poor?
    It's best not to ask too many questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Sooo..still no fix to the glitch on venos where you can't summon pets while flying? b:surrender
    Yes I was wondering that too. Even the flying companion pets have to be summon while ground-bound first before you can fly with them. Not as important as the battle-pets but still irritating, right? b:sad
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    *runs around with muppet arms flailing*

f:horror

The muppet arms made that post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options
    My guess is people don't realise they can erase parts they don't need...

Also, why do people assume Mister Sparkles has the magical game-fixing wand? He can't fix the game... that's ALL on the developers over in China... who care more about their version of the game than ours so we get the least amount of attention and we get it last.

I suppose that is true. As for the second part, there are still those who think Mods = GMs and GMs = Devs and expect every patch to be a bug-fix when more often or not they address translations, so...
  • Kemonomimi - Morai
    Kemonomimi - Morai Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I dont understand. Maintenance used to take 2 hrs then it became 3 hrs and now it takes 4 hrs?
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I dont understand. Maintenance used to take 2 hrs then it became 3 hrs and now it takes 4 hrs?

Maybe they have to be super careful this time when combining the magical patching formula with the usual system restart human sacrifice... Could be some volatile chemicals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • docseventy
    docseventy Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    just an idea: why not post maint-, event- and down-times also in some kind of international timezone format with corresponding date? like UTC or GMT? would make life much easier for ppl around the globe i guess.

favourite forum event? flamewars.
  • DarkFaust - Archosaur
    DarkFaust - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

If they hurry and not fix all things everyone gets irritated ... If they take a bit of time to actually pay attention and do everything they can do, apparently is not good either. I wonder if the best question is not "what do you guys want"? Seriously now. Do you actually know what kind of work that is? Is not like they cast a spell and everything gets fixed. Be realistic and patient. They are only humans. Can't expect them to do miracles and with the speed of light.

Meanwhile you can read a book or watch a good movie. Is 4 hours not a month.

As for the question with the forum ... I like the events type too ... Like ... And event where people of all servers can interact and such ... Idk ... Like a huge "party" b:victory
  • Kwandelan - Heavens Tear
    Kwandelan - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The people at PWE have decided to add an extra hour to their lunch time. Therefore, new maintenance times are as follow:
    11:00 pm - 2:55 am lunch time/ 2:55-3:00 am server restart.

An internal source told me half of the lunch time is used to play WoWoWoWoWoWoWoW -something like that game. Then when they get bored, they push the restart button on pwi servers. So the timings of servers going back up may vary some times.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You know what should be fixed? the things we actually care about. you know... the things.. that aren't listed....

Exactly - like put the Dragoons experience back to its original amount please.
  • Dami_ - Heavens Tear
    Dami_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone!

General

I feel happy that my inconsinstence report of the emperor's name have been used first as example of that inconsistence, in the Official Notes/Observations for New Horizons, and now it helped to this fix in the patch, i might not be the only one that reported it, but i'm glad that it helped.