[Maintenance Discussion] 2-4-14 COMPLETE

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
Hello everyone!

Today there will be maintenance from 11pm PST - 3am PST.

Remember the maintenance we were supposed to have last week? Well, it's back! Here are the patch notes again in case you missed them last time!

PWI Patch Notes v771 - Released February 4th, 2014

Localization
Items
*The skill books for Dragon Rising now list the correct prerequisite skills.

User Interface
*The level requirement for Nation Wars no longer displays an error.
*The racial description for the Untamed now talks about both the Venomancer and Barbarian classes.

General
*Demonic Eruption now correctly states that it increases Attack Rate rather than reducing incoming damage.
*The Four Emperors' names and lands are now consistent with those used in Nation Wars.
*Skills that formerly said "Primal version" now correctly say "Demon version."
*All skill tooltips now say "Required Cultivation" instead of "Requisite Cultivation."

Archer
*Kiss of Snakes has been renamed Kiss of the Snake

Blademaster
*Dragon Rising's tooltip is no longer cut off.
*Updated Hillborn's tooltip for clarity and consistency.
*Updated Star Smite's tooltip for clarity and consistency.
*Tiger Leap now lists the correct immunity chance.

Cleric
*The Primal World Wellspring Surge skill has been renamed Soothing Pulse to properly distinguish it as a new skill rather thana direct upgrade of Wellspring Surge.
*The tooltips for Aurora Burst and Aurora Blast are no longer cut off.
*The Demon version of Spirit's Gift now correctly states that the additional Magic Attack bonus is only given to the caster.

Psychic
*Updated Stone Smasher's tooltip for clarity and consistency.

Seeker
*Updated Radiant Sight's tooltip for clarity and consistency.

*Misc. grammatical fixes.

This week's maintenance question:

What type of forum events are your favorite? Why?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 767-768 14.3MB (14953297 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    Remember the maintenance we were supposed to have last week?
    I am confused! I cannot answer that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whoa. First?

No update to Demon BP description yet? Or is it going to become a feature now?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    Yay for patch notes coming before the patch.

Now if only someone can build a stable server for the East coast and Morai.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2014

The necro event seems popular :p
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 767-768 14.3MB (14953297 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

I am confused! I cannot answer that!

This needs to be updated to scan the new page..

Here's the manual patch.

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_768-771.cup

EDIT:
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 768-771 14.5MB (15199614 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    where are the sales?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sooo, instead of fixing things that desperately need fixing, like the second rebirth quest chain or the mount autopath glitch, you prioritize a few grammatical bugs? Logic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • sparkiesoft
    edited February 2014
    Sooo, instead of fixing things that desperately need fixing, like the second rebirth quest chain or the mount autopath glitch, you prioritize a few grammatical bugs? Logic.

That is being worked on, however it takes much longer to get issues like that fixed. In the meantime, these are the fixes the developers were able to get out for this week's maintenance. I will post any updates regarding those issues once we hear more from the developers.
  • The_Duke - Dreamweaver
    The_Duke - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    That is being worked on, however it takes much longer to get issues like that fixed. In the meantime, these are the fixes the developers were able to get out for this week's maintenance. I will post any updates regarding those issues once we hear more from the developers.

Or do you mean last weeks maintenance? The one that was canceled due to internet problems. The way i see it there is nothing new for this week, just the stuff that was meant for last week. b:shutup
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hey sparkie, is there any update on when DQ rewards page is being taken down?

Best forum contest is "pin the tail on your faction members"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Or do you mean last weeks maintenance? The one that was canceled due to internet problems. The way i see it there is nothing new for this week, just the stuff that was meant for last week. b:shutup

You know what Sparkie means, don't split hairs...
  • sparkiesoft
    edited February 2014
    Hey sparkie, is there any update on when DQ rewards page is being taken down?

Best forum contest is "pin the tail on your faction members"

No update as of yet unfortunately.
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sparkie do you know if the quest chain for the second rebirth will be fixed? b:thanks
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    therev wrote: »
    Sparkie do you know if the quest chain for the second rebirth will be fixed? b:thanks

^^^^^
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited February 2014

That really isnt an unfortunately thing, as many players are using the new autocultivation system in order to build dq fast and spend itb:pleased. A warning would be nice whenever there is an update, instead of instantly removing, so we can clear it out first.

Also as to the question and forum events..... I havent seen a forum event in years, but contests for screenshots or fan art might be fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murilobenza22
    murilobenza22 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fix the freaking second rebirth chain quest! I don't care what skills say as long as they work properly. b:angry
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    We haven't had any in a long time. We have had regular artwork events which are always nice but wish something else besides just drawing contests (and sometimes screenshots) were done. V4liance was introducing more variety like that macaroni art contest and that pumpkin contest before he left, but even then there hasn't been much forum events.

edit: when i say the other types I mean those were done using the news pages and involved way more than just the people who actually take the time to read the forums. The last forum event was something v4liance did where he gave out a small prize for someone who told the best joke in the maintenance discussion threads. Thats the last one we had.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    b:laugh i didnt even know we had forum events
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I miss the forum events. I would like to see more than just art contests, in the sense of drawing and screen shots. These are still good, but variety would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FishyFret - Dreamweaver
    FishyFret - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Forum... events? f:confused
    FishyFret ~ Once 102 now Rebirthanated AA/LA Demon Cleric
    Chayyliel ~ Once 101 now Rebirthanated Sage Seeker
    f:cool
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know what should be fixed? the things we actually care about. you know... the things.. that aren't listed....
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    You know what should be fixed? the things we actually care about. you know... the things.. that aren't listed....

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    >Forum Events

We used to have those...but the forum populace is just a fragment of what it used to be. Drawing contests/screenshot contests were nice though. It would be good to have more of those (along with writing, music, ect) to inspire more creativity, but I doubt it'll happen due to the lack of resources available to manage all of that. Even then, we're currently made up mostly of disgruntled regulars or those who just want answers/to complain; few actually stick around for the long term.

Every now and then I visit the Russians and I'm blown away by the contests and their entrants...I wish we had stuff like that more often.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Muzaki - Morai
    Muzaki - Morai Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Do people even read? Thanks for updates sparkie b:cute
  • hugmachine
    hugmachine Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Welcome sparkiesoft. Hopefully you can get things fixed for us.
    This needs to be updated to scan the new page..

Here's the manual patch.

http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual//ec_patch_768-771.cup

EDIT:

Thanks for this post.
    Now I can update my computers tonight.
    This should be in with the Cabbage patch notes like it used to be.
    Thank you..
  • Seekpotatoes - Sanctuary
    Seekpotatoes - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Thread in time and two answers in one hour? That's nice! I hope people keep making the right questions and start being less like an a$$...

Thanks for answers Sparkie, keep up the good work I believe I'm not the only one that is enjoying it:)

As for the question, I'm not very familiar with events but I love SweetieBot. She is our Hatsune Miku :3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Do you?f:cool
  • ShadowScream - Heavens Tear
    ShadowScream - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is it possable we can do the quest "time for the living" reawaken quest please.
    b:surrender
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If we had forum events, i might could tell you which one i like, but there hasnt been an event in......been so long i don't remember.
    I think the last one was a background contest?
    Ill have to dig through the forums and find when and what the last forum event was.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's a sub-forum with some of the old contests in it, but that hasn't been used since eatswithspoons left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga