anti wood genie? >:

killeresras
killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
So I have been doing quite a bit of pvp lately and I noticed more and more people are starting to get wood resist on their genies. I think it's very unfair against venos.
Reasons:
-Every veno skill except for AA is wood damage.
- anti wood not only blocks the wood Atk itself, but also the status effects of them.
-Anti wood is pretty much a longer version of ad with a shorter cd and energy cost against venos.
- it's pretty much a skill any melee can have because wood affinity on genie is the typical path anyway for a melee.
No other class besides venos and mystics rely on only one type of magic. Yes u can have anti metal for clerics, but they can still sleep and silence u.
Where is the anti p.dmg skill? Expel keeps us from using skills and status effects still go through it.

It wouldn't be as much of a problem if it had longer cd and and more energy cost, but that isn't the case.
Love lost is room gained
b:cute
Post edited by killeresras on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Um, what? Plenty of veno skills do physical damage.

Leech.
    Consume Spirit.
    Fox Wallop.
    Stunning Blow.
    Malefic Crush.
    Befuddling Mist.
    Get out of the "fox form is useless" mindset.

As for anti physical damage, there's blazing barrier, bramble hood, and feral concentration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Naishuitama - Dreamweaver
    Naishuitama - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why would you make a genie for 2 classes only? You'll cripple yourself vs the 8 other classes.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It only makes sense creating such genies if you actively 1on1 this or one particular class. Surely, the advantage against a certain class with a special counter-genie is huge but still very unpractible in over-all fights.

It still isn't senseless. TBH, if well played, venos are the most dangerous class in our current meta game. I don't always wanna explain everything but let's just say...if an end game veno gets you with a special combo while you don't have AD or Anti-Wood or Faith...well either you got 60k HP and a lot of luck, or you're dead :p
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • killeresras
    edited February 2014

Leech.
    Consume Spirit.
    Fox Wallop.
    Stunning Blow.
    Malefic Crush.
    Befuddling Mist.

As for anti physical damage, there's blazing barrier, bramble hood, and feral concentration.

Genie is usable while locked... Our skills arent. That being said they get to use it at any moment. It's mostly HA people using these and u think fox Atks are the solution while they are atking u? The new fox wallop/befuddling mist is only skill I see as useful against a HA class because of the debuff.

No it does not limit them to just venos. They can get very decent genie. Most Already put up the required affinity for extreme poison so what's an extra 3? They still get holypath, ad, wood ad, tree of protection and wtvr else. It hardly limits them.

Chi drain and amp would probably be only solutions, but if it's like a class with zerk on wep then its hard letting them hit u while they are using one of two ad's against u.
    Love lost is room gained
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Also, there's a lot of ways to lessen physical damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Wall of QQ....

3 pdef buffs, fox form, blazing barrier, bramble, bramble hood. Veno's get more than enough **** that melee DD's have to go through. Gimme a break.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Leech.
    Consume Spirit.
    Fox Wallop.
    Stunning Blow.
    Malefic Crush.
    Befuddling Mist.

Hence why I have two weapons. One for human (magic) form and one for fox (melee) form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arent the veno purge and reflect and make lil pets from players unfair against others too? didnt saw any veno complaining about those things...
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you actually know how to play you wouldn't even QQ about that genie skill..
    Learn to play kid
  • killeresras
    edited February 2014
    Arent the veno purge and reflect and make lil pets from players unfair against others too? didnt saw any veno complaining about those things...

What the hecks venomancer = pet tamer of course they have pets. Genie isn't a determined class. Venomancer is debuff and pet so of course if u take those away it wouldn't be veno. That's like saying clerics didn't complain when they got heals.
    If you actually know how to play you wouldn't even QQ about that genie skill..
    Learn to play kid

Lol skill only gets u so far. Like telling a lvl 1 to be more skilled when they can't kill a lvl 10. Can I get an arrow resist since others can get wood resist Mr. archer? b:cute
    Love lost is room gained
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So I have been doing quite a bit of pvp lately and I noticed more and more people are starting to get wood resist on their genies. I think it's very unfair against venos.
    Reasons:
    -Every veno skill except for AA is wood damage.
    - anti wood not only blocks the wood Atk itself, but also the status effects of them.
    -Anti wood is pretty much a longer version of ad with a shorter cd and energy cost against venos.
    - it's pretty much a skill any melee can have because wood affinity on genie is the typical path anyway for a melee.
    No other class besides venos and mystics rely on only one type of magic. Yes u can have anti metal for clerics, but they can still sleep and silence u.
    Where is the anti p.dmg skill? Expel keeps us from using skills and status effects still go through it.

It wouldn't be as much of a problem if it had longer cd and and more energy cost, but that isn't the case.

So you complain cause those people are smarter than you?

There's 2 forms on venomancer, did you know that?

You are a support class cause of your debuff, use them.

Is it me or venomancers are all a bunch of QQers that always complain and ask for more?

If you tell them veno suck you will get jump by 250 venos saying it's the best class ever, but then they are always crying cause: ''QQ my pet is weak'' ''QQ mystic don't have to lvl their pet and we do'' ''QQ we need more damage'' ''QQ.. well just cause I'm a veno and it's my nature''.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    While I agree that using physical based skills to deal with wood resistance is not the best, there is a lot you can do when they use wood resistance.

For example you could use bewitch, debuff, amp, chi burn. Wood resistance cd's isn't really short, so by the time you finish crippling up your opponent with the skills above the buff will be down, and they probably won't be able to use domain or anything, unless their genie has like 200 energy.

Frankly, I feel kinda lazy to explain all you can do to deal with wood immunity. I think I could make a guide out of it. However, I feel that whoever uses wood immunity is hurting himself more than the veno or mystic. It's good for 1vs1 vs a veno or mystic, but if you are in NW for example, using energy for resisting wood attacks seems reckless to me.

Just examine all fox form skills, and use your imagination.
  • killeresras
    edited February 2014
    So you complain cause those people are smarter than you?

There's 2 forms on venomancer, did you know that?

You are a support class cause of your debuff, use them.

Is it me or venomancers are all a bunch of QQers that always complain and ask for more?

If you tell them veno suck you will get jump by 250 venos saying it's the best class ever, but then they are always crying cause: ''QQ my pet is weak'' ''QQ mystic don't have to lvl their pet and we do'' ''QQ we need more damage'' ''QQ.. well just cause I'm a veno and it's my nature''.

Please... that makes no sense. That's like saying barb is smarter than me because he hits harder physically. Really how does having wood resist make them smarter than me?
    Love lost is room gained
    edited February 2014
    Please... that makes no sense. That's like saying barb is smarter than me because he hits harder physically. Really how does having wood resist make them smarter than me?

Because he actually thought to use it, and the fact you are here complaining proves you don't know how to deal with it, hence, he is smarter than you.
  • Horosho - Lost City
    Horosho - Lost City Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lol skill only gets u so far. Like telling a lvl 1 to be more skilled when they can't kill a lvl 10. Can I get an arrow resist since others can get wood resist Mr. archer? b:cute

Dude,you are just a fail venom seriously. Do you see any other venomancers complain about the anti-wood genie skill? Like Azura etc. No because they know how to work around it. Maybe you should stop complaining about it and improve your gameplay b:bye
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Asking for a genie skill change? Go trough the updates list of PW i dont remember seeing any genie change since i started playing (summer of 2010). b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Because he actually thought to use it, and the fact you are here complaining proves you don't know how to deal with it, hence, he is smarter than you.

Thank you.
  • killeresras
    edited February 2014

Yes it totes takes smarts to use wood resist. Who are u even talking about? I am speaking in general. Still invalid here's another example. So what you and cherry are saying is that if idk how to deal with a single problem on a test and another person does they are smarter than me? How do u even know i cant deal with it? I'm just saying that if they are giving a skill to completely block wood for low energy then their should be something to block melee besides expel because status effects still cut through it and doesn't allow us to atk unlike wood resist
    Love lost is room gained
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My BM's genie has an open skill slot. I guess I'll learn wood resist.

Is the skill named 'Cold Shower' by any chance?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • killeresras
    edited February 2014
    Dude,you are just a fail venom seriously. Do you see any other venomancers complain about the anti-wood genie skill? Like Azura etc. No because they know how to work around it. Maybe you should stop complaining about it and improve your gameplay b:bye

Lol lol lol u respond again by saying I'm fail even though u don't know me. U only know the 1 thing i say I don't like lol. U didn't know how to respond to an anti arrow skill for 8 sec like wood resist lol. Lol who brings up 1 person and then says etc.

I lol at u Mr.Archer, but you know they say some people like to get all up in the Kool - aid without even knowing the flavor lol
    Love lost is room gained
  • Epikhai - Sanctuary
    Epikhai - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    purge the nullify poison. problem solved.
  • killeresras
    edited February 2014
    purge the nullify poison. problem solved.

By the time u switch into fox form and purged you've Also used about the time of ad- 5sec nullify is around 8 sec their's hardly point in wasting time to purge unless it's like team play with another wood caster.
    Love lost is room gained
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sigh. Really guys? Just cause I don't go foxform much, doesn't mean I can't and debuff you like crazy while my friend here kills you. My pets don't have wood based damage. Neither does that BM or Sin or Cleric or whoever I'm with.

I may not pvp much (just NW), but if you're (OP) complaining that much over that genie type... Sorry dude, you just lost if you can't find ways around it. Or have friends to back you up and make the kill while you're playing bait. Don't know how many times some one comes after me and they're so focused on killing that %#)! veno that just purged them... And then a friend smacks them down and I smile.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honestly, I think the only elemental resist genie skill worth it is Heart of Steel, considering 3 classes use metal damage, some times I'll use Soul of Fire because wizard's fire combos destroy me.
    there is a genie resist skill for every element, apoth that does it, apoth that reduces damage you take by 75% on hit, all damage immune pots, and more. there are so many ways to tank/get around any class. you just need to find them and learn to work with them.
    I made a typo :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Devaliah - Raging Tide
    Devaliah - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Honestly, I think the only elemental resist genie skill is Heart of Steel, considering 3 classes use metal damage, some times I'll use Soul of Fire because wizard's fire combos destroy me.

there is a genie resist skill for every element, apoth that does it, apoth that reduces damage you take by 75% on hit, all damage immune pots, and more. there are so many ways to tank/get around any class. you just need to find them and learn to work with them.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can understand killeresras's pain and will explain why b:laugh

Many pvp venos who like to live longer and debuff efficiently put some stats into vit. This lowers their attack drastically and the only way for them to kill their opponent is nova combo. If the target knows that nothing else would kill him but crit after nova, he uses wood immune after veno debuffs and seals him. Turning into fox again for purge is not a solution anymore since the most powerful skill and 2 sparks are gone for 30 sec at least. Maybe for longer, depending how fast a veno restores chi and if her opponent lets her restore it. So, the easiest and effective way of dealing with such veno 1v1 is using wood immune in time (not even before nova, so hitting escape won't help) and you are safe. This can be frustrating in 1v1.

To solve this problem one can pay closer attention to lvl 100 skills. Though they have longer cd and need armour break to proc if you want them to be any threat.
    Make opponent use genie earlier or later, try other skills (chi burn, like Azura adviced) which make him less dangerous. Catch him when he is out of energy by mistake or used genie to control and counterattack you, whatever.
    It's hard to fight a barb with this skill, but barbs are not that easy without it as well.

Wood immune doesn't make much trouble for me in fact, especially in mass pk, it's not that popular for understandable reasons. I used it few times on NW only when I needed to escape seal+freeze, not because I was afraid of damage. Then I replaced it for another one and cannot say I miss it a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • killeresras
    edited February 2014
    I'm not in OP gear(yet)b:chuckle.

I speak of 1v1 because it's my favorite ^.

Everyone was so much easier when they didn't have antiwood.
    frustrating when u waste sparks for them to just anti wood.

Yes their's genie resist for every element, but none are as
    limiting as wood resist against veno. Clerics can just sleep or SoG if someone is anti using anti metal. Seekers have both metal and p.dmg at high rates. Wizzies are like elementalist so they are definitely not limited to one magic type. Psychics do earth and water. Venos... yes we have pets, but they are more for control than anything else= not reliable source of dmg.

I can run and make people waste energy holypathing since demon venos are fastest, but then their's always major QQ like: "Erg I hate people that run like u"; "coward"; "I don't fight runners", etc. So... I should stand and let people hit me? Some people lol. Arcanes were meant to cast at a distance. Melee were meant to atk fast close up, but are tankier. Everyone knew this when they started playing. So when people want me
    To stand and fight them even when they have wood resist up I rage the skill for making me need to run b:chuckle b:surrender
    Love lost is room gained
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Then reply "Erg I hate people who anti-wood like u"; "coward"; "I don't fight people who anti-wood". Turn about is fair play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited February 2014
    There is a reason this is balanced against veno's. As for PvP veno's, why should the class with the most devistating debuffs get more killing power? Other than what you want. It's called balance. The skill is simply one way to balnce out the veno, because there are very few ways to resist their debuffs that don't leave you screwed to something else.