Morai Server lag

RankNine - Momaganon
RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
any mod/gm online? morai server is just now unplayable for 50-80% of the user. and its primetime TW -_-
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
Post edited by RankNine - Momaganon on

Comments

• Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    DW doing it too, to soem people. idk percentage, but i'm fine personally.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    30k ping

U fking serious? R u trying to ** up Morai server on purpose? TWs r done for as well as a lot of instances with that connection. Minutelong lags before u dc. And a high chance of dcing again right after logging back in. And of course logging in takes forever aswell. After instances crashing and the rollback now serious connection issues. Now at least wake up, do something about Morai server and give out some real compensation since Morai server has problems for months now.... -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Alot of my guildies complain that TW is lagging like crazy at the moment.
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got severe lag too (seems to be solved now) and I know it's probably an issue between the server and the player, but considering the widespread lag this time, shouldn't PWI at least check what's the problem with whatever there's between us and their server?

After bugged database, NO support at all, a rollback and MORE no support at all... well, this add up on the "wtf are they doing?"
  • Fransica - Sanctuary
    Fransica - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sanctuary is very laggy as well
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    I'm not getting any issues on either. Maybe you guys should run some traces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    half of crisis dced during TW and had timeout trying to log back,

it lead us to a premature loss gg wp pwi
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I tried to find the thread but I couldn't find it anymore, if anyone knows where it is please feel free to link it here.
    There was a thread made (guide-like with a lot of info on issues happening on who's area) recently about all issues concerning "lag" and causes of it, in an attempt to keep people from QQing their buttcheeks off in worldchat and forums, as has happened today with the expected exaggerating..
    Several players had the issue, could be more a netsplit than PW's mess.. Not nearly close to 50%, more like 20% or even less, cause even if you have 20 ppl cursing a worldchat full about GM's messing up pwi that doesn't mean 80% of pwi has the same issue. A majority of players kept online steady, which can be witnessed by simply sitting in West Archo and view shops/people walking in and out.

As far as I can tell no-one did any research on their issue and went blindly to accusing pwi of the problems. No tracert has been made, which is pretty much the first thing you do in a situation that happened today.
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On HL we did had that issue too, that started at the start of TW and stopped after the TW, like right the second I saw ''Defeat'' in my screen lag stopped suddenly, while a second before I was unable to even move.

And I heard people did totally DC during TW cause of the lag.

Seems a lag related to the TW map.
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wasnt in TW when the lags happened, i was in EU, so no connection to the TW map. (That run failed btw due to the lags cause I wasnt able to finish theta, dced, and got ported out when trying to log back in. 2 others of the group dced too.) I have to admit what Verenor said may be true. But when the lags started I only had them in PW, everything else was running without any probs so the guilty one was found fast and easy, especially after what happened to Morai server in the last time. Maybe a trace would have shown where the problem really was but now its too late. Wasnt able to think of something like that, just saw my 20-30k ping, EU lagging for minutes and half of my fl going on and off during the one second the game reacted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    And still no one has posted a traceroute to the server.

See guys, if it were actually half the userbase having this issue because it was a server problem, we would have threads popping up all over like we do with the map crash on HT.

Which means, the issue you are having is likely related to something like what I discuss here.

For the most part though, most of you are much more comfortable QQ-ing than putting an effort into investigating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited February 2014
    ...Which means, the issue you are having is likely related to something like what I discuss here.

That's the guide I was refering to in my post^^ time to write down it's location.
    edited February 2014

See guys, if it were actually half the userbase having this issue because it was a server problem, we would have threads popping up all over like we do with the map crash on HT.

Which means, the issue you are having is likely related to something like what I discuss here.

For the most part though, most of you are much more comfortable QQ-ing than putting an effort into investigating.

A lot of people in my faction got that issue, majority don't come on the forum and the rest know that nothing will be done as usual even is they post.

Remember the dc glitch of NW? It's still there since months, they know about it and so far it's still not fix. (same thing with TM99)

Why there's no more thread? Cause everytime someone post about lag they get told it's on their side (which a lot of times is), but this time it's a lot of people, people was dcing during TW, it was pretty much like looking at a SS the whole TW.

My first post in this thread was from the 2pm TW, the 8pm TW did turn the same exact way. People unable to do anything cause of the lag and the second TW was done everyone was fine.

It not the players that should investigate the issue, PWI run that game, it should be them that investigate issues in their game.
    As far as I can tell no-one did any research on their issue and went blindly to accusing pwi of the problems. No tracert has been made, which is pretty much the first thing you do in a situation that happened today.

When it's only one person yes I understand that it's usually on that person's side the issue, when a lot of people got the same issue at the same time then let's be honest that it's probably on PWI's side.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    there was clearly something wrong with the server yesterday.
    80% of the people in tw dc'd or where unable to move or the press anything.

Sometimes I would just like people to stop beeing so super smart and try to tell you that its a player issue when its clearly not.b:bye
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    scruncy wrote: »
    there was clearly something wrong with the server yesterday.
    80% of the people in tw dc'd or where unable to move or the press anything.

Sometimes I would just like people to stop beeing so super smart and try to tell you that its a player issue when its clearly not.b:bye
    And you're... kinda proving his point.

It wasn't 100% of the people in TW? It also wasn't a minority of people? Then odds are it was a regional issue that neither players OR PWI can actually do anything about.

Which you'd have understood if you went through what he linked to.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And you're... kinda proving his point.

It wasn't 100% of the people in TW? It also wasn't a minority of people? Then odds are it was a regional issue that neither players OR PWI can actually do anything about.

Which you'd have understood if you went through what he linked to.

Regional?

People from my faction that had that issue are from everywhere on the planet, I doubt all around the world everyone got a issue on their side at the same time 2pm and 8pm.

I think we can all say that yes everyone usually have some lags in TW (some more than other depending of the connection etc...), that's not new or abnormal, but yesterday it was screen totally frozen, in my faction some people just did log off cause they was unable to do anything. People that never ever had lags issue in the past, people with different connections, from different countries and different internet providers.

At first I'll admit I though it was only me, but then when I posted on my faction forum others started to say they had the same issue for both TWs yesterday and that it wasn't just me. (even the faction we fought had the same issue)

At how many complains you guys will take it seriously?? Do you really need to have 50 threads on that to maybe admit that it's maybe on PWI's side?

80% of the people is not enough? Are you kidding me? 80% had the same issue at a specific time yesterday (2 times actually, at 2pm and 8pm server time) from all around the world, on more than 1 server, both time being TW times, but it's not on PWI's side...
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited February 2014

i appreciate your attempt to help, but you must understand that the adrenalin during a (in my case) very intense tw is pretty high and i absolutely did not think of any traceroutes or whatever. i actually tried to log back the entire time, since we were losing.

but i also have to say that you indeed appear a bit too smart here. when ppl from all over the world have the same issue at the same time and on multiple servers, you are seriously claiming its nothing that PWE can prevent/fix? it happened two times within 4 weeks now, both times it happened exactly 1 hour into a saturday evenings TW.
    if this is something that PWE cant fix or take responsibility, than i really wonder what our money is used for. but right now, this company managed to kill the only fun event that was left in this game.

edit: damn, misscherie posted almost the same phrases that i used, we must be from the same region.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited February 2014
    i appreciate your attempt to help, but you must understand that the adrenalin during a (in my case) very intense tw is pretty high and i absolutely did not think of any traceroutes or whatever. i actually tried to log back the entire time, since we were losing.

but i also have to say that you indeed appear a bit too smart here. when ppl from all over the world have the same issue at the same time and on multiple servers, you are seriously claiming its nothing that PWE can prevent/fix? it happened two times within 4 weeks now, both times it happened exactly 1 hour into a saturday evenings TW.
    if this is something that PWE cant fix or take responsibility, than i really wonder what our money is used for. but right now, this company managed to kill the only fun event that was left in this game.

edit: damn, misscherie posted almost he same phrases that i used, we must be from the same region.

I live in NS what about you?

Betty next TW, ask EVERYONE in your guild to stop TW so they can ALL make the traceroutes and tell them ALL to start a different thread, maybe at 80 threads on that a mod will want to get the CM/GM's attention on the issue. (I'd do it on HL, but HL is so lazy that they will prefer quit the game than post on forum xD)
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    edited February 2014
    well, lets stop the sarcasm here, our point is, that this problem was definately global and someone should really look into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    well, lets stop the sarcasm here, our point is, that this problem was definately global and someone should really look into it.

Well the problem is that when the mods doesn't have the issue they say it's on our sides, so or we all pm the CM or we ask all our members to all start a new thread about it, maybe after 80 threads on that mods will want to bring the CM/GM attention on that issue.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Well the problem is that when the mods doesn't have the issue they say it's on our sides, so or we all pm the CM or we ask all our members to all start a new thread about it, maybe after 80 threads on that mods will want to bring the CM/GM attention on that issue.
    You're completely missing the point as well as putting words in people's mouths.

No one's saying it's on the player's side. And yes, a regional hub is a thing that applies. Just because someone's in Hong Kong and someone else is in Sydney doesn't mean that if they both are trying to connect to a single server that they somehow are gonna magically only have to deal with their own local ISP and then the one of the server they're connecting to.

However, what you aren't realizing... or refuse to understand... is that if it were PWI directly? It wouldn't be X% of people. It would be everyone. Look at map server crashes as an example. When the map crashes, EVERYONE on the main map is booted, EVERYONE in an instance is stuck there, and EVERYONE that wouldn't log into an instance is unable to get on. That is an example of when PWI is directly at fault for the issue.

Odds are if it's not affecting EVERYONE but still affecting a decent chunk of people, it's the hub which is something outside all of our hands. As Sylen said, a traceroute would work wonders for clearing things up here but no one has presented one because so many seem to mistakenly think we're claiming players are at fault and won't read or take the time to understand what we are saying.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Yakuba - Harshlands
    Yakuba - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    And what u fail to realize are a few things:

1) It ONLY happened during tw on harshlands, both on 2pm and 8pm, outside of tw? No problem at all, running smoother than smooth in over populated ares as west/south. Other instances, nation wars? No problems at all. If there was any connection issue on certain regional hubs, then tell me why the moment Defeat showed on our screen, there was no more lag at all?

2)If we have lag issues in tw, sure we just ask the opponent to stop tw for 5 minutes to stop the tw so we can all run traceroutes. When we did have time to make traceroutes the lag was gone, so then yeah they are kinda useless to make at the time the lag is gone, since all the connections will show with low response times.

So yeah it is about time, PWI finally takes their responsibility for once and investigate things, to u know actually fix things? After all those years of bugs and not really fixing things, thats the smalles thing they can do.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was online on Morai at the time Crisis and Revision were going at it. I heard the crying about lag on the worldchannel but had no lag myself and was farming for craft mats on a BM. Had there been any lag, I'd have noticed it rightaway.

Looking at the complaints, it suggests that the server/process/thread (not sure how it's implemented serverside) handling the TW instance is having trouble - perhaps it's one of the newer skills that's creating a ton of calculations and/or traffic that causes this lag?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Really strange discussion on my point of view between players and Mods.

Yes, you are all right -->
    There were big lags / dc problems during TW evening for many players.
    I also had some problems with this issue and next time, may be I also think on the tracert route instead of try to relog to join TW again.

But this happened for me the first time, so I just close for me this issue and hope it will not happen again --> means its not a big issue at all

... and I also doubt network issues could be the one and only root problem in this case because it seems its not only a phenomen located on some regions. But of course, you always start with analyze the network.

I think its interessting, that we had a lot of big TWs at this weekend and these troubles occured during the TW time only.

May be PWI is not the owner for network issues but at least, PWI is using the network to provide their game. It is only wise, that PWI will have an interest in to analyze full (not only network) situation with PWI experts and reduce risk of downtime to let business go on.
    ... and therefore, it doesn`t really matter if everyone or 80% of the players had this issue.

For this reason, I suggest everyone keep his eyes wide open and if something compareable will happen again, all try to find a solution together.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited February 2014
    its not a regional issue,

i used to have bad dcs on pwi but i didnt have them in that tw,

tho half of my team dced w timeout @ trying to log back, players being from diff countries all over europe

what i see is that when i enter TW instance that even if it is 80vs80, it takes 25% of my cpu usage, 1/16 of my ram usage and like 1/500 of my net usage

and it still lags

i believe PWI TW instance allow to allocate just a limited amount of memory\resources server side,
    and when clients request server for more resources for the same instance,

the server start going nuts

anyway i am done with pwi, the customer care is too bad and when it comes to what the game is about, you haven't a reliable server

i bought G\/\/2 yesterday b:bye b:bye
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Verenor - Morai
    edited February 2014
    its not a regional issue,

i used to have bad dcs on pwi but i didnt have them in that tw,

tho half of my team dced w timeout @ trying to log back, players being from diff countries all over europe

what i see is that when i enter TW instance that even if it is 80vs80, it takes 25% of my cpu usage, 1/16 of my ram usage and like 1/500 of my net usage

and it still lags

i believe PWI TW instance allow to allocate just a limited amount of memory\resources server side,
    and when clients request server for more resources for the same instance,

the server start going nuts

anyway i am done with pwi, the customer care is too bad and when it comes to what the game is about, you haven't a reliable server

i bought G\/\/2 yesterday b:bye b:bye

With knowing that and having read the guide on "lag", you should by now be starting to realise that the issue might be an ISP HUB located near pwi's server. Still outside pwi's control but neither in ours.
    NW map has had the same issue for one weekend a while ago, it's safe to assume their ISP is either doing maintenance or there are constructionworks going on there.
    Best thing you can do is deal with it and move on, those issues don't stick around for each week and can neither be 100% controlled. But don't stay lingering in the "omg its not me its pwi and can only be pwi"-accusations that grow very, very tiresome.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited February 2014
    With knowing that and having read the guide on "lag", you should by now be starting to realise that the issue might be an ISP HUB located near pwi's server. Still outside pwi's control but neither in ours.
    NW map has had the same issue for one weekend a while ago, it's safe to assume their ISP is either doing maintenance or there are constructionworks going on there.
    Best thing you can do is deal with it and move on, those issues don't stick around for each week and can neither be 100% controlled. But don't stay lingering in the "omg its not me its pwi and can only be pwi"-accusations that grow very, very tiresome.

before tw started and after tw ended no more lag\dcs from anybody

explain this
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• RankNine - Momaganon
    edited February 2014

so you are saying amsterdam and california use the same local ISP Hub? you gotta be kidding me.
    if you try to be smart here, read at least ALL the replies.

and Evryn: my best bet would be the new "stun" of barbs..or life hunter of sins :D

pretty sure this is an issue related to the TW map, since it happened 4 weeks ago already, when requiem and elysium had a big fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2014

and Evryn: my best bet would be the new "stun" of barbs..or life hunter of sins :D

pretty sure this is an issue related to the TW map, since it happened 4 weeks ago already, when requiem and elysium had a big fight.

wait wait , so its the barbs fault? b:shocked b:laugh
  • SneakyZoe - Morai
    SneakyZoe - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just one idea about the problem:

PvE is different to PvP because PvE monster coordination are located on PWI server.
    In a PvP match it is important to be more precicse about coordination of players and the relation to each player.

You rising up network traffic as well as the server performance which has to manage all these operations. It will be more hard to manage it in 80 vs. 80 fights, where so many people are fighting against each other.

So may the suggestion about network issue is valid but this could also have some conflicts with existing source code and how these operations will deal with each other.

In general, this issue is not new and I know it also from other MMOs. If it start with real massive multiplayer fights on one spot you will face also such problems.

Last issue on Morai revealed that we had too less memory for server. In addition, many new skills with emotes and calculations implemented. I think it is also valid to think about server resources and memory management of PWI next to the network issues who may need to manage all the data streams.

If a problem exists, never exclude possibilities until you are 100% sure, everything is working. ... and all should work together on the issue.