Arc FAQs -Updated 1.22.14

Options

Comments

• SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I like the ARC update, looks slick and the navigation is good IMO one thing i dont like is the scroll bar down the right hand side is way too thin and u have to be right over it with the pointer to pull it down. Also even though im logged into arc if i want to post on forums i need to log into forums. it wasnt like this before the update, one sign in was all that was needed. Not major issues tho b:bye
  • Drakenfeld - Morai
    Drakenfeld - Morai Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    We're not ignoring our players.

So lets test that theory, when will we get info about the compensation for Moria roll-back ?
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I just wish they'd at least give us the option to use PWI through Steam as well... I only play PWI sometimes anyway... The other games never really interest me that much... So why should I be getting that whole platform while I already got Steam? And what's worse, they're forcing that thing upon everyone who needs to instal the game while it's still in Beta... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I just wish they'd at least give us the option to use PWI through Steam as well... I only play PWI sometimes anyway... The other games never really interest me that much... So why should I be getting that whole platform while I already got Steam? And what's worse, they're forcing that thing upon everyone who needs to instal the game while it's still in Beta... b:surrender
    Until they make it so that you're forced to use Arc to launch the client, it's pretty easy to launch it from Steam. I do. Same for NeverWinter and STO also, but I had those in Steam FROM Steam, and not just added as a non-Steam title.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Umm... Arc isn't working on my computer anymore, as of this morning.

It times out trying to sign me in, and then refuses to open.

I opened pwi by going into my c drive and starting the elementclient.
  • Valterror - Dreamweaver
    Valterror - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yes, I had the same problem, it "failed to update" yesterday when everyone's was shut off and now it's stopping right before either the login box or where it should pop arc up with automatic login. I guess some file got corrupted or something.
  • Patrimpas - Dreamweaver
    Patrimpas - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Strangely enough, the ARC does not work anymore. Threw some kind of errors, maybe you know the reason?
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Strangely enough, the ARC does not work anymore. Threw some kind of errors, maybe you know the reason?
    That is usually an indication of corruption of some sort on your end.

You might want to open a thread in the Tech Support Forum with some more information though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brontolith
    brontolith Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Umm... Arc isn't working on my computer anymore, as of this morning.

It times out trying to sign me in, and then refuses to open.

I opened pwi by going into my c drive and starting the elementclient.

There's a lovely option called "Repair Arc". Ran that after mine failed to update and hey, what a surprise everything works.
  • chunnin33
    chunnin33 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I can't log in because every time I try I get a message saying that my details do not match those found in their database, exactly the same issue as what happened with the CORE Client.
  • ivyice6
    ivyice6 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i suppose arc wouldnt be all that bad if when it stopped loading a page THE PAGE COULD STILL MOVE!
  • Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572
    Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hi,

I cant redeem the new gift for the Arc promotion. The only servers I can choose are Heaven's Tear and Morai (I play on Harshlands). Any way to fix this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dadsmule
    dadsmule Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Arc will not work properly on my computer.
    I have it installed and can sign in but unable to redeem the codes as the Arc client is to high up on the screen.
    I have tried this on 3 different computers all new with I-5 cpu and 8 gig of ram, 2 running Win 8 and the other running Win 7.
    Have the same luck on all 3 computers.
    This is the only place I have problems, the Arc client, all other web sites display properly.
    The PWI client works fine, But Arc will not come down where it is supposed to be to enable me to use the redeem button.

NVM it finally found its place on the screen, Dammmm this is a buggy program.
    edited February 2014
    Options
    dadsmule wrote: »
    Arc will not work properly on my computer.
    I have it installed and can sign in but unable to redeem the codes as the Arc client is to high up on the screen.
    I have tried this on 3 different computers all new with I-5 cpu and 8 gig of ram, 2 running Win 8 and the other running Win 7.
    Have the same luck on all 3 computers.
    This is the only place I have problems, the Arc client, all other web sites display properly.
    The PWI client works fine, But Arc will not come down where it is supposed to be to enable me to use the redeem button.

NVM it finally found its place on the screen, Dammmm this is a buggy program.
    I'd be willing to bet that the issue has more to do with either your display settings, or browser settings. I currently have 14 systems that I have tested Arc on and haven't had any issues.

I keep them clean and running properly though. I also don't use a lot of the **** you kids decide to install on your systems without researching.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So, the new update forcing us thru ARC cuts off access to the PWI Facebook Blessings. Smooth move, exlax. Is this BOHICA or SNAFU planning / programming ?

UnLiking PWI of Facebook as there is no need for the ads cluttering up my page without compensation (Blessings.) No free advertising or referrals now until this is resolved.
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    All i want to know is WILL We get the Jones blessing back??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sassytoo
    sassytoo Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I downloaded ARC awhile back. Pick up the rewards code. Tried to redeem it. ARC says i dont have any toons. I have played PWI since Jan 2009 and have 8 toons on this acct. WTF is going on? Like others, i cant get rewards... lost over 161K DQ points because of no warnings (i Check every other day) but ofc it took my $20 that i just bought zen with. Go Figure
  • Krakatau - Raging Tide
    Krakatau - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    uninstalling fu pwi :D
  • sassytoo
    sassytoo Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    As i understand from the FAQ we will only be able to run 1 client from ARC. what happened to being able to run 2 clients so u can have a shop up?
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    sassytoo wrote: »
    As i understand from the FAQ we will only be able to run 1 client from ARC. what happened to being able to run 2 clients so u can have a shop up?

Still possible, the FAQ lies. Follow the same directory to open a second client as you would normally, only with Arc there is 1 or 2 extra folders you have to open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • ShadowScream - Heavens Tear
    ShadowScream - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well look at this , Exactly what i expected would happen. THEY are now forcing us to download that POS Arc. Took DQ away and blessing . Whats next , when was the last time you listed to your players . I dont want to hear " Oh we do listen and will pass it on ". Passing it on is getting us nowhere. Why dont you try listening to players like myself that have played since the beggining and helped build the game to what it is today ???? OH WAIT we dont matter , thats why.
  • Elflynn - Heavens Tear
    Elflynn - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I Do Not Like Arc. I Want My Dq Points And Rewards.

I Think Arc Stinks. Pwi Should Have Had All The Bugs Worked Out Before Forcing Us To Use It. I Spend Plenty On This Game For Poor Service.
  • _La_Muerte_ - Dreamweaver
    _La_Muerte_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The good thing about that sht is that i was intending to cash r9 for 2 toons but this ***.holes keeps fking us so they lost thet money cause i'll not cash anymore and if keep that way they will loss a lot of players like me and my gf...

They are soo worried about us that they dont to anything we report, like the auto patch glitch, the second ribirth chain quest, and many others. Not even the dg59 glich they fixed yet and it is there since the begining of this game.

and now they dont even tell us the shts they are doing, they just throw that at us
  • AztecRose - Sanctuary
    AztecRose - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just get sent to Arc automatically when I log onto pwi, cant claim any DQ or Blessings there, not impressed at all.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Check some of the posts in http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1673841 for workarounds.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WickedTruths - Archosaur
    WickedTruths - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I think my biggest issues with arc, and why I don't use it when I can help it, is first games take ages to download. It this going to be fixed when and IF the finalized version is released?

Second issue, I have more connection problems when using arc, I mean its already getting ridiculous, but with arc I can't stay online more than 15-20 minutes before, I have to reenter my info into the client to log back in. mind you I have never been disconnected for the arc platform, but it seems I'm constantly having to log back into the client again. This strikes me as very counterproductive to what arc is suppose to do. Is this something that will be fixed?

third issue, Is the security of my account(s) being better managed if I use the arc platform?

Forth issue, will we actually get support for arc? at the moment customer support is just a joke, most of my technical problems or the like, I've had better luck asking guildies to help me with, than the PWE staff. I really don't feel like playing a game if I'm gonna be forced to it play it "their way" if I'm just gonna be cut loose and ignored the first sign of trouble.

I don't hate the idea of arc, I hate that it comes before the actual games. Maybe we as a community wouldn't be so hostile to the idea if we had a more open and detailed view of arc, and PWE spent more time fixing game content and not just focusing how to get us to play all of them.

LMFAO! did anyone else notice the Avis still AREN'T fixed with the new site? that's a GREAT omen right there. . . .
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ARC is ****. Where is DQ ? Where is Core Connect. Where is Jones Blessing. And this looks like some damned prison site. Not the bright colorful site we are used to. This is depressing . If they could have made it go around in circles to lead you to the same damned news page which says absolutely nothing on what i need to find in this damned maze. Has PWI been taken over by the government? Cause now we get the same run around here that we do when we call a government office....Please hold for the next available representative....CLICK...DISCONNECT b:angry
  • cernobog10
    cernobog10 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    Updated 1.22.14:

I'm updating this thread with the following links for more arc info:

-Arc News homepage on the new arcgames.com beta website.
    -Arcgames.com and the new beta client
    -Newest Arc FAQ!

The Arc FAQ has many answers to common questions and not so common, such as the arc plugin permission request on chrome when accessing our websites.

When using Chrome, I get a security notification asking to allow "ArcPlugin" to run. What does this Plugin do?

The ArcPlugin allows you to launch games directly from the browser. Once it is allowed to run, you can launch an installed game via Arc by clicking its "Play Game" link on the Arcgames.com website.

-DoD

Hey everyone,

We've created an FAQ answering many questions that all of you have about the new platform. Feel free to reference the FAQ here. If you have any questions that aren't answered in the FAQ, please ask them here and I'll try and get an answer for you.

Could you reply me why all pwi players (we are also custommers) are forced to use some BETA version tool. Are you kidding? or just ARC is such a noob that he forgot to remove word beta from his logo?

check logo on their page http://www.arcgames.com/en
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This thread makes me giggle everytime i go into it...people all HATE the arc and PWI keeps pushing it further and further down our throats...and now they have made DQ and blessings almost impossible to get cuz they messed it all up. When is PWE gonna listen to the gamers that play this? Many people have quit now and more to come im sure. Way to go PWE for yet again not listening. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    as far as i've seen there is no problem with blessings and DQ page. :o can someone post a screen shot of what its like for them? its always worked the same for me. (log in, go to community, FB/DQ rewards, done) heck weren't DQ rewards supposed to be gone in november? >.>