is rebirth killing PWI?

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wtf does rebirthing have to do with botting?

Also, I've seen a ton of old players come back to game. QQ moar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver
    MrJohnDoe - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rebirth is awesome.

PS: Play more, QQ less.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • archeroffate
    archeroffate Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Anyone who says reborn 2-3 time sis either ignorant or a liar since we can ONLY TO IT TWICE right now. Once you say something about a possible third time, your words become hollow and pointless. My advice, go buy a clue somewhere, it is obvious you have none.
  • crimxsonx
    crimxsonx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Som1 laughted at person looking for cleric for fc 90+ in wc,excuse me but not every 90ish is 20k hp-blind,greedy,selfish scrubs are reborns!
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personally I don't really like the expansion to much. I pretty much don't like pve related things(I do love reading the stories, I just don't like killing mobs, that for the most part do the same thing). But pvp wise giving pretty much the OP a way to get more OP through cs, like desdi said, is kind of dissapointing. I really think they should have upgraded g16(gear for the majority of non cs or low cs) in order to deal with r999 people whom the majority of Will most likely cs full sets of s cards furthering the already huge gap their is between g16 or r8r and r999.

I've asked many people why they don't do pk and the response I expected was wrong. I expected people to say they don't do pk because of the chance of dropping items. The actual answers for the majority were that it would be no fun because r999 makes the chances of winning(in most people's case fun) very low and not really competition.

The answer is to maybe not give another advancement for r9 in the next update, but give advancements to gears under it.i don't want non r9 gear to be stronger than r9 because that would leave no incentives to get r9, but I would like some gear that stands a good chance against r9.

Yall know where I'm coming from?b:cute

This is an excuse. I know many G16 players that can beat r9rr players in equal gears, and r9rr isnt exaxtly hard to get. If you don't want the best for your characters, you lose the right to complain about those who do.
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Why wouldnt you rebirth? it gives lots more things to do, keeps the game interesting and isn't particularly hard to get back to a reasonable level quickly if thats what you wanna do, as many people have already said.

Im like the poster a page or two back, i'm taking my time, doing the quests, killing the mobs. I've done the occasional FC but running it from the start and doing a full FC with some faction friends. I'm in no great hurry to get back to 100+ again. I'm enjoying the journey again and when i arrive at the destination i'll go do it again b:pleased

Just enjoy it for what it is b:bye
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see some donkeys making RB only squads in wc and I don't join them because I think it goes against the spirit of the game, but of course diff people play for diff reasons. I also see a lot of bh69 and bh79 going without wine which I think is great. Lots a mixed squads going on archer server and really there's only like 3-4 fail players demanding rebirth only squads in wc.

When is see one of them wc for RB only 79 I just snicker a bit.

My experience w new release has been very positive. I have reborn 5 chars one of them 2x and enjoy having new goals and content to explore. I have cs'd some of my chars and farmed others, and personally I enjoy farming when it's reasonable. If you want to compete with people that have invested thousands of dollars or hours developing their chars without doing some work, than what you are asking for is a broken game.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I can't see how it would be killing the game, but I personally find it frightfully boring. I reincarnated my cleric for the new BB skill, but because I did all of my quests the first time around all she had was the chain quest, which repeatedly just said to come back in ten levels. I ended up grinding more than I ever did the first time levelling back when the game started. It's even slower now that she's in the 80s and all I have to do is a couple of primal dailies and world quest.

I guess for people that hyper this system would be okay, or for people that skipped the quests the first time around. But I won't be bothering to do this on any of my other characters most likely. It would have been a lot more fun if they'd brought more quests in for reincarnated characters in the lower levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This is an excuse. I know many G16 players that can beat r9rr players in equal gears, and r9rr isnt exaxtly hard to get. If you don't want the best for your characters, you lose the right to complain about those who do.

Ok first of all how can the gears be equal if ones r999 and ones g16? Lol. Did I say it was impossible to kill an r999 with g16? I said the chances are low. I didn't say g16 had to be equal with r999 I said that maybe they shouldn't give them another advancement the next time around so the gap in power could be evened out just a bit.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ofc the devs and gm's will all say no, it's not!
    as always, its only the elite few (ie: cash/coin shoppers, beta farmers, frost sellers (which could also be any of the first two...)) who will benefit most from this new system, and as always they will prostitute it to death as they do frost now. us 'daily' normal players will still struggle, strive, and stretch to reach minor goals while mamas' boys and no-lifers-with-money continue to take advantage of what is quickly becoming a 'pay-to-win' game.

anyway, that's my thought on the expansion and its' effect on the game, What do you think?

I consider myself a "daily" normal player. Joined this game with 2 friends mainly for the flying experience, and to enjoy fighting monsters together. What this has done for me:
    - Autoculti is a handy assistant for the tedious "kill xx mobs for me" quests. Bot's too dumb for long term automation in most cases.
    - Jolly Jones was terminated as a viable coin source. I've retasked one of my characters to the role of automated grinder, and with some expirimentation, found that a properly configured BM is able to autoculti against mobs quite easily without the need for disallowed bots (you BMbot users - you know who you are - and I'm still reporting them when I spot them).
    - Sometimes it can be difficult to target quest mobs if there's a bazillion other people trying to kill them.
    - Coin/gold ratio went up a bit. But oddly, on Morai, it's coming down again. Autoculti not as big a coin source as people boast?
    - People are getting lazier. Autoculti doesn't teach you the weaknesses and strengths of your class. Expect a lot of clueless highlevels soonish
    - "Come west gate PKPK" has become "Need barb for flowsilver come nau" on the worldchannel. Meh, whatever, it's keeping those R9-3s busy for a little while. It won't last though, once they're done with their double rebirth.
    - Rebirthing has one major flaw: Item level restrictions are not enforced. This creates a HUGE power gap around level 80, where the folk who rebirthed can wear their toplevel gear again statwise, and the folk who aren't rebirthed are limited to gear appropriate for their level. This, if anything, is the one critique I have on rebirth, and it makes people able to singlehandedly run BHs

Beyond that, not many experiences yet. Morai had some server problems. Might be skewing the above results a bit.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Really reincarnation should have been only available to the people that have completed the whole cultivation quest chain.All culti quest would be popping out squad left and right along with the RB's just to get to be able to obtain reincarnation.

ANd to the OP that thinks you have to CS to freakin do FF..come on man get real dude lol the freakin archosaur box gives you the gold **** to get free hyper stones and 700k or so isn't gonna hurt my coin stash if I have to buy them at that price b:bye
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STOP QQ plz and DO MORE!

IF u cant handle quit the game
    if ur not moma's boy quit the game
    nobody here forces u to stay,

why always qqing, u have the door in front of you

have a great day?

i would say "up y...s"
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Honest prospective: yes rebirth is absolutely killing pwi. The classes way extremely unbalanced, especially the light armor classes. Sins sage with chill of the deep on and apsing 2+ with zerk crits and archers are hitting me with 30k p def and 50 def lvs for 10k crits with auto attacks. Lots needs fixing.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm a non-csing player at the moment. I haven't put any money in this game since the last real sale, the epic 2011 Christmas sale. I got most of my gear +10, a LUAD for 250 mil, and most of my TT99/G15 LA and TT99 HA gear then.

Most of the reason I'm not putting money into this game anymore is that the sales suck. I'm not going to pay $700 to +10 my gear anymore. I didn't pay anywhere near that to +10 most of my gear in 2011.

R9 is a joke. I don't have the time to farm it, I suck at merchanting, and right now, my RL income is so low, I can't really afford anything, much less $1500 for R9, $3k to second cast, refine, and shard it, and then even more to third cast and re-shard/re-refine it.

I'm working on G16, but since WS is broken, it's been hard to find any squads to get badges.

In seriousness, I'm getting pretty much over PWI for a while. I have a lot of 80-95 characters that I want to get to 100, basically one of each class plus an archer and a seeker to experiment with different cultis. I've been able to run a fair number of FCC's, but really, it's getting so ****ing boring to just run through FCC over and over and over again. I RB my Sin, but really... I'm bored playing that. I've run 10 characters up to and in 9 cases, past level 80. Seriously, I don't want to spend more time in FCC than I have to, and seeing how BH's are now endangered species due to token prices, I'm starting to rethink PWI again. I've been playing more Minecraft than PWI, I didn't even log on for TW nor NW.

NW has been pretty much ruined for me. I usually run NW on my Barb. My gear is pretty straightforward, G14 chest (R8), G15 Lunar leggings, and G16 wrists and boots. Elemental neck and belt. G15 second cast helm. Yet, I struggle to get more than 5k contribution in NW. I'm finding myself getting oneshot an awful lot now, mostly by R9R3+12DOT build Archers, Seekers, and the obvious Psy/Wiz/Veno. It's honestly not fun anymore. NW was supposed to help prolong the life of the game, but really... I can't be bothered to log in to just get oneshot, and killed out of instances over and over for 2 hours.

I'm not asking for free R9 third cast, free shards, or anything else like that. But come on, if I'm taking 40k+ in a single hit from an Archer or Seeker on my barb, something just isn't right. It won't be hard for me to find a replacement for PWI. I've got games already. I don't even need to use a PWE game to replace PWI, either.

Let me put it this way. If I had $30, I'd go to Gamestop and buy a copy of Borderlands 2 before charging Zen. If I had disposable income, it would go elsewhere, that's for sure.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • tbagninja
    tbagninja Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No, PWI is killing PWI. >.>
  • numilus6
    numilus6 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STOP QQ plz and DO MORE!

IF u cant handle quit the game
    if ur not moma's boy quit the game
    nobody here forces u to stay,

If you don't like to read it, stopp QQing and read other sites please (maybe you find something interesting or you b:laugh).
    Its a discussion about rebirth and the forum is for all player!

I think rebirth kill the gameplay and social contacts, in my friendlist was 25 online and no one was talking. Bot producing Coins without playing, it produce inflation only.
    With higher prices more player will leave the game!
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014

it bothers me a little when I get looks of puzzlement from other players like "how come you don't do this as well?" thing, not everyone has the ability to pump thousands of dollars into a supposedly free game.

as always, its only the elite few (ie: cash/coin shoppers, beta farmers, frost sellers (which could also be any of the first two...)) who will benefit most from this new system, and as always they will prostitute it to death as they do frost now. us 'daily' normal players will still struggle, strive, and stretch to reach minor goals while mamas' boys and no-lifers-with-money continue to take advantage of what is quickly becoming a 'pay-to-win' game.

anyway, that's my thought on the expansion and its' effect on the game, What do you think?

Have a great day!

As I understand "only the elite few" will answer your questions, since other don't stay in this game, which become more like work for them.

I myself even had not installed rebirth pack (maximum level of my character and it is my main you can see on the left of this message).
  • bluntmad
    bluntmad Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i say the problem started with the + 10 orb give away, then the others who had work or other RL things to do got nothing. then before fixing that problem they just threw this new stuff in there killed it
  • RichCyphr - Heavens Tear
    RichCyphr - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Reawakening is not killing the game, it is giving a shot of adrenaline! Lots of old players are back now there are new quests and something to shoot for! Do your dailies, get in a good faction, and this game is not hard or expensive. I have a reborn 101 cleric in morai gear rofl.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    my only problem with the new rebirth thing is now people only want rebirth players in their bh, fc's and pv or questing.. 8 out of 10 people asking for members for their squad only want rebirth players making it hard for none rebirth players to get in team..

and their excuse? is none rebirth players slow them down wow all they got is a little extra stat points more then a none rebirth nothing special they need to get off their high horse they aren't special just cause they rebirth
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hoover69 wrote: »
    my only problem with the new rebirth thing is now people only want rebirth players in their bh, fc's and pv or questing.. 8 out of 10 people asking for members for their squad only want rebirth players making it hard for none rebirth players to get in team..

and their excuse? is none rebirth players slow them down wow all they got is a little extra stat points more then a none rebirth nothing special they need to get off their high horse they aren't special just cause they rebirth

For Pv's it's understandable you want another reborn as reborn person because you have 15min to do as many runs as possible. Non-reborn still wear tt70-90 armor which is a huge difference compared to lv100/101 armor of reborns.
    For other instances like BH, FC and whatever I agree it's bogus to go with only reborns, and I'm reborn for the record. Only at FC lv60-80 being reborn is a must due to the lvl difference and 50% dmg reduction. Non-reborns would be hitting 50's otherwise and dungeon would never get done.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    to OP:
    if you try to reach to a place where you know you can't afford to, time/resource wise then yeah, its not going to be fun. Its the same in real life too >.> But most pple are able to adjust their gameplay to their level of activity. Maybe its different on your server but sanctuary doesnt seem to have that puzzlement problem you mentioned
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    it bothers me a little when I get looks of puzzlement from other players like "how come you don't do this as well?" thing, not everyone has the ability to pump thousands of dollars into a supposedly free game.

Have a great day!

First....i too am not a CSer...i worked for all my current gear in game.....Rebirth in itself is NOT killing the game. It is VERY nice to be able to have the chance to easily make the skill books i have needed by running Flowsilver every day. The war avatar system...i VERY BEGRUDGINGLY ADMIT.....is NOT that bad...although i DO believe that many of the big CSers will still be owning other players here pretty soon due to it.

The ONE thing i do not like and think is absurd they did was add a bot system to the game. Auto Cultivate is TRASH....it is letting all the players of the game get on go afk and amass a ton of wealth overnight....sins especially. There was a reason botters were hated before now its even more annoying with people botting all over the place killing mobs that i need for daily quests....HIGHLY annoying. That is the only real part of the new expansion i think was bad for the game....prices of everything are going up in response to everyones new found botting ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    NON-CSING-PLAYER here.

reborn is awesome. i'm gaining a new interest for low level instances and other things.

and wtf is this about pay to win to farm fc? took me 10 hypers to get lvl 1-100 again as reborn lmfao. and it only took me 4 days if you don't have enough money for that i suggest you play something else as you do not know how to kill a mob and pick up it's coin.

Complete Unadulterated Fiction. There is no combination of hypers/instance/4x reawakened exp *ALONE* that will get you from 1-100 in that amount of time.

If you had a stack of orbs or other stored exp to use to fast-level yourself, have the courtesy to include it, instead of making up things to bolster your point.

lvl 1-100 = 303,626,185 cumulative exp

303,626,185 exp / 16x exp (12x hypers + 4x reborn exp) = 18,976,636 BASE EXP needed.
    (yes, I know it would actually be 15x stacking 12x hypers and 4x reborn exp)

So, in 2 hours, you managed to kill 19 million exp worth of mobs, under 12x hypers.

Or, in 4 days you killed 75.9 million exp worth of mobs at 4x.

I'd love to hear where you did that.
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Complete Unadulterated Fiction. There is no combination of hypers/instance/4x reawakened exp *ALONE* that will get you from 1-100 in that amount of time.

If you had a stack of orbs or other stored exp to use to fast-level yourself, have the courtesy to include it, instead of making up things to bolster your point.

303,626,185 exp / 16x exp (12x hypers + 4x reborn exp) = 18,976,636 BASE EXP needed.

So, in 2 hours, you managed to kill 19 million exp worth of mobs, under 12x hypers.

Yeah it's totally doable.
    You just full pull BH's above your level and aoe them no hypers, on x4 thats a ton of exp. After 95 morai quests and exp jade, bh quests, pv, deja vou questline, auto cultivate gives eh exp while your afk and then another good way to make exp is to do full runs of fc no hypers, the run itself gives really good exp but this is of course depending on your speed clearing.
    You may have to have no life, you may just be smart but 10 hypers and 4 days sounds like plenty of time to me I did it in similar time with the same amount of hypers.
    Although of course not everyone is going to have the gear to do this but there is many winning combinations.
    Just my opinion~
    it should be because it is.
  • OrochiKiller - Dreamweaver
    OrochiKiller - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rebirth is killing pwi for sure

while giving something to do to all the old players rebirth for sure wont attract any new players

i really dont know any person that would like to start this game knowing they have to level to 100+ to rebirth to level again to 100+ to rebirth to level again...

PWCN saw there is no people interest in this game anymore so decided to keep old players playing rather then doing something to attract new players
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Complete and unadulterated ignorance. I did the same thing, though i think I went through 3 sets of hypers. 4 days sounds about right though, just depends on how soon you discovered the frigid bay daily while it lasted.

I think you are forgetting that quest(including dailies) exp is also 4X. Cube run 4mil, WQ 4 mil, BHs, 4.5 mil, crazy stone at lvl 90 is about 1.8 mil, you also have quests in base you can buy with contribution, the high one, the one where you have to kill the flame puppets gives 400k a run(@4X) and if you have a lot of contribution you can run that constant for massive amounts of exp. I blew through my 90s in just 2 days. The legendary quest chain gives absolutely enormous amounts of exp with the 4X multiplier.

Then after all the dailies are wore out, you take your toon into FCC just to add to all that and you got lvl 1-100 in just 4 days.

I think the way you came off, pretty much calling him a liar is just plain wrong. You are dead wrong and just because YOU cannot imagine a way to do it does not mean other have not. Not knowing is ignorance, now you know though, so you have been cured.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One of the big problems with this game in general that's been going on for awhile is simply the sheer number of dailies you absolutely must do if you wish to keep up. Expansion has just made this worse with the addition of Primal dailies+FSP+weekly Nuema farming. Add those onto BH/Morai/gbq/PV/etc... Trying to do all of those on multiple chars a day is like...lolno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Just finished my second reawakening during x2 and i got my sin back to 100 within 24 hours, so yea very very doable.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One of the big problems with this game in general that's been going on for awhile is simply the sheer number of dailies you absolutely must do if you wish to keep up. Expansion has just made this worse with the addition of Primal dailies+FSP+weekly Nuema farming. Add those onto BH/Morai/gbq/PV/etc... Trying to do all of those on multiple chars a day is like...lolno.

This.
    I can't even keep up with my alts nowadays let alone new players...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★