is rebirth killing PWI?

13»

Comments

• Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Complete Unadulterated Fiction. There is no combination of hypers/instance/4x reawakened exp *ALONE* that will get you from 1-100 in that amount of time.

If you had a stack of orbs or other stored exp to use to fast-level yourself, have the courtesy to include it, instead of making up things to bolster your point.

lvl 1-100 = 303,626,185 cumulative exp

303,626,185 exp / 16x exp (12x hypers + 4x reborn exp) = 18,976,636 BASE EXP needed.
    (yes, I know it would actually be 15x stacking 12x hypers and 4x reborn exp)

So, in 2 hours, you managed to kill 19 million exp worth of mobs, under 12x hypers.

Or, in 4 days you killed 75.9 million exp worth of mobs at 4x.

I'd love to hear where you did that.

I did it to in 4 days and wasnt even trayng to hard. Didnt use any orb till i reached 95 lvl and then I used morai orbs.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This.
    I can't even keep up with my alts nowadays let alone new players...

I've basically had to give up on my mystic because of this + rbing it and getting like even just a decent set of B cards would be too much of a hassle. My mystic was like my favorite alt though. I loved playing it.

I guess my veno can still be useful in pvp or something since I only need a stack of IGs to go in and purge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've basically had to give up on my mystic because of this + rbing it and getting like even just a decent set of B cards would be too much of a hassle. My mystic was like my favorite alt though. I loved playing it.

I guess my veno can still be useful in pvp or something since I only need a stack of IGs to go in and purge.

Same, I only do Deity in morai for holy pills and that`s basically it, had to stop doing other daily quests there, and now new world dailies are even more time consuming, just 4 more gates then done with Meridian and then can stop morai altogether which will only leave me with the new world. b:surrender
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My Mystic never even made it to 100 (It's lvl93 or something) because I couldn't handle my current lvl100 alts foxy alone which I have abandoned as well though I'm hoping to work on the Cleric sometime in the future maybe, will leave her at first RB lvl100 for now. Psychic has been reduced to PV opener, BH slave and summoning bot.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im thinking the answer to this question would be, "Has it killed PWCN?"

If the answer to that question is, "no", then whatever you feel is killing PWI (if PWI is really dying in the first place)- its not Reincarnation and the opening of new territory in the game that is the culprit.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This.

I can barely keep up with my main.

FC 5 runs
    New hypers
    PV token 1
    PV token 2
    FC 4 runs
    Base Quests
    Morai
    6 dailies in Primal now
    Flowsilver Palace
    BH

In about 4-5 hours on a weeknight after work b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    This.

Personally, I'm actually happy that the game is more 1 character the before. It really became to much of an alt-generator. For doing the dailies, I don't have much issues. But that's also because I won't force myself on doing every single daily every day.

The primal world dailies + pv + nuema, is what I try to do all possible. Same for base quests and morai dailies (for def and att charms b:dirty ), but the bot makes that easy. Just put on the auto-culti a few minutes and done. All the other dailies and weekly stuff is just when I feel like it and have time for it.

So far, I like the latest update including the rebirth. I spend around 95% of my time on my main again, because I got things to work towards to again. Other things then making a bazillion of coins for a little upgrade of gear. But doable goals that just take some patience. And besides, being lvl1 with r9.3 was just hillarious. Sov + alpha male questiong rules b:chuckle
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    One of the big problems with this game in general that's been going on for awhile is simply the sheer number of dailies you absolutely must do if you wish to keep up. Expansion has just made this worse with the addition of Primal dailies+FSP+weekly Nuema farming. Add those onto BH/Morai/gbq/PV/etc... Trying to do all of those on multiple chars a day is like...lolno.

Oh yeah, I dislike this too. There is too many dailies that you have to do or you get behind. In other games dailies are mostly bonuses, and for when somehow you don't have much to do anymore. Here many are something that you must do or you lose it.

All those things that let you progress in game shouldn't be a daily, like flowsilver and primal bloods. Those things should be farmable, so you can do it whenever you want, for as long as you want.

All that daily doing is making me dislike the game.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think im actually seeing an influx of new players :O b:shocked got asked how to do cube and who to talk to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2014
    I think im actually seeing an influx of new players :O b:shocked got asked how to do cube and who to talk to

You might be right, when I tried to do the 2nd rb chain which is broken, aka burn the letter, I helped 3 newbies with Rattus Lord, 1 of them pmed me and said thx and got my auto message in return, after kept asking why I keep saying that :P
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Its a double edged sword.

Those who chose not to rebirth are annoyed by it and leaving, due to being unable to access the newer areas, instances, and all of the benefits that come along with it.

Those that are new are seeing more players around and in lower dungeons that they feel more of a sense of community in the game...as a pose to elite solo endgame mode.

Those who are rebirth are likely pleased with the rewards that they've received from rebirthing, but may be on the fence about rebirthing again.

The biggest issue is probably the rebirth/normal only squads that come about. Those who were once good members, yet did not rebirth are now shunned by some of the rebirths, making more of a separation in class...which should not be there.

Thus I say, when you consider the pros and cons of it (which go beyond the points that I mentioned), its a double edged sword, all things considered.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Those that are new are seeing more players around and in lower dungeons that they feel more of a sense of community in the game...as a pose to elite solo endgame mode.
    b:cool but im old as a fossil
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2014
    b:cool but im old as a fossil

And a Vindi f:despise b:chuckle
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I like it, took me 18 days to rebirth twice and reach lvl 100 again with only 3 fcc's. I levelled mostly on dailies and old quests I hadn't finished. Running lower dungeons was fun, soloing bosses that wiped me out as a noob and pulverising them was awesome b:laugh
    The extra stats are nice, the new skills good. Wish there was other ways of getting primal blood tho, 2 a day is just too slow.

Autobotting, jury out on this one. I use it when I can watch my toon. Have had others come into the same area I am botting and follow me around while they are botting. Dunno why, I was one shotting things, maybe they felt lonely? People are botting in quest areas, bq areas which is annoying. KS is the only way to get quests done mostly. Its not PWI jobs to make players polite and think of others, the only person who can do that is you. I figure if y our rude in game, your rude in real life or your a wannabe in real life but know its wrong and only show it in game cause you can get away with it.
    They have storybooks for primal, why not a place for botting. You hire a spot for so many hours and go for it. PWI makes money, players that don't want to bot can get on with playing the game, botters can bot.