BM on LC

Options
bangis2010
bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Twilight Temple (West)
Why bm on LC are rare nowadays?

You will see it on world chat Need BM for BH bla bla bla spamming like 20 times of 3 different players. Where all the BM goes?
Post edited by bangis2010 on

Comments

• FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    Why bm on LC are rare nowadays?

You will see it on world chat Need BM for BH bla bla bla spamming like 20 times of 3 different players. Where all the BM goes?

All BMs go to heaven.
  • Superfeng - Lost City
    Superfeng - Lost City Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    see my signature
    Superfeng - Level 101 Lost City Blademaster, retired.
  • NyKage - Lost City
    NyKage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    just ask one of the shetty knitownfui bms i.e Himoura Jafira
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    KniTownFuiBushi*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _isucku_ - Lost City
    _isucku_ - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    just ask one of the shetty knitownfui bms i.e Himoura Jafira

hahaha... why not direct ask Nykage for BM...b:laughb:chuckle

Nykage play veno? b:chuckleb:shutup
  • NyKage - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    KniTownFuiBushi*

who cares about kagebushi...
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    who cares about kagebushi...

Jlani's wizard is in KB, and it got last hit on you once at Silverpool.
    He was very pleased, I am sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NyKage - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Jlani's wizard is in KB, and it got last hit on you once at Silverpool.
    He was very pleased, I am sure.

I guess i should worry about taking that pre death hit i mean
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm part of the bald people too. Hello there!
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well i am not on your server but in my best-guess-timation the lack of BMs is thanks to op classes- sins, seekers, psys, and mystics AND majority of all servers are magic users most likely with "purify" weapons running them off.

As a former barb and now bm main i can tell you it just sucks being a bm (lack of damage, marrows being only short term and have to be spammed, most costly class because of 2 sets of gears- aps & TW, and yeah why have a stun/control class that cant do its job as before "purify proc" weps

So yeah, my main is a bm but i have 3 magic users that i play to have some fun and regularly i contemplate retiring my bm and going to my op psy as my main but i still have hope that devs will someday see that bms need to be the most powerful class and super-tanky just as all real "support" classes should be

just an opinion from a bm
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    People dont really like to have a challenge I guess? Alot of BMs just rolled seekers b:laugh For the sake of winning at all costs.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    People dont really like to have a challenge I guess? Alot of BMs just rolled seekers b:laugh For the sake of winning at all costs.

There is a difference between a little challenge, and a nigh insurmountable challenge.

I (<-- Keyword) feel that the gameplay on an non end game bm in mass pvp (more specifically nw) leaves a lot to be desired, and a lot of people question if its even worth gearing up the bm further, especially when their 'role' is ruined by a proc. (Though YES! they can combat the proc... that's not really the point)

I really love my bm, but the simple truth of the matter is that NW has ruined a lot of the 'love' for my bm... as well as other factors in this game... that I wont go into here, still I do have my bm, and a part of me is holding out hope that something makes it a lot more enjoyable on them. (I am not asking to withstand an absurd amount of hits... especially in my gear, same goes for one shotting others... but something is causing me/others to leave their bm's behind for another class, and yes in a lot of cases it has been a seeker they have went too.)

---

Still seekers aren't exactly easy to play, but they also don't have that nigh insurmountable factor on them that causes gameplay on them to be downright unfathomable. (don't tell me it's the range... gameplay on a barb is actually enjoyable to me... but it still can't kill worth a damn, still I can see when I am improving on it/actually helping others other than just being a fodder for others.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There is a difference between a little challenge, and a nigh insurmountable challenge.

I (<-- Keyword) feel that the gameplay on an non end game bm in mass pvp (more specifically nw) leaves a lot to be desired, and a lot of people question if its even worth gearing up the bm further, especially when their 'role' is ruined by a proc. (Though YES! they can combat the proc... that's not really the point)

I really love my bm, but the simple truth of the matter is that NW has ruined a lot of the 'love' for my bm... as well as other factors in this game... that I wont go into here, still I do have my bm, and a part of me is holding out hope that something makes it a lot more enjoyable on them. (I am not asking to withstand an absurd amount of hits... especially in my gear, same goes for one shotting others... but something is causing me/others to leave their bm's behind for another class, and yes in a lot of cases it has been a seeker they have went too.)

---

Still seekers aren't exactly easy to play, but they also don't have that nigh insurmountable factor on them that causes gameplay on them to be downright unfathomable. (don't tell me it's the range... gameplay on a barb is actually enjoyable to me... but it still can't kill worth a damn, still I can see when I am improving on it/actually helping others other than just being a fodder for others.)

For god's sake why dont u just finally quit your bm instead of crying for hours on forums about it being so weak?! ijs i watched some r9rr bm with +0 gears and uncharmed yesterday rolling 2 nv3 sins a nv3 seeker and a r9rr+10/+10 full nw gear wiz at the same time! as i said a hundret times befre bms are awesome if u know how to play them.

And LOL! Seekers are hard to play? nuff' said
  • EcIipse - Harshlands
    EcIipse - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i want a level 105 archer icon
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

---

You will literally get shat on no matter what class you play if you are undergeared. Having said that, HA classes have it far easier than AA/LA classes when undergeared because of the higher hp and resistances you get from armor. Furthermore, of the HA classes, BMs are the only ones with a mdef buff (marrow).. which gives them a fighting chance to survive a hit from an arcane class.

You keep saying that you think your role is ruined by proc, and that quite simply is not the case. Your role is to support your squad, you have MANY ways to do this. You can buff your squad, you can CC your opponents, use massive amps/debuffs, purge, the list goes on. Purify doesn't stop you from buffing your squad, doesn't stop you from purging, makes it a little more difficult to make a target useless (but still very possible), and essentially shortens the length of the amps. Your job was and still is to support, the difference is that you leave the major DD to the DD classes and actually do your job.

Also BMs are one of the classes I encounter the most on LC (along with sins), so your whining is entirely without merit imo.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The main reason BMs stopped playing, it seems to me, is because they realised people would no longer die to Stun > APS, and since most bms were not very good at anything else, they didn't even stop to think about what they could do about it, started whining, and ragequit their bms to make something easier. The ones that had been playing before aps became the coolest thing just switched back to axes and continued to know how to play their class.

There are still some bms running around on HL thinking they can pvp with aps gear, it usually doesn't work out.

Like Adroit said, there's plenty you can do on a bm. You can purge, buff, DG (on time!) you can still stun, provided your timing is excelent. You can aoe seal now. You can isolate priority targets by pulling them to you. You're even better at rushing people because you're now able to jump 45m pretty much instantly. Barbs don't have a purify proc, so you're still great help at killing catas in tw. You're good at helping kill everything that isn't a mage with a proc weapon. You've got blade tornado, and you can't be stopped while casting it, which is ****.

Also, in 1 v 1, you can still use stuns defensively, and it's not like purify procs every other hit. I've seen fairly well refined r9rr mystics get killed by g16 bms (though admittedly, he used HF and critted, and admittedly, the mystic is in BankaiGOD, so he's probably stupid enough to forget his selfbuffs)

Finally, if you make things dangerous enough, the puri proc doesn't really matter: no competent mage is going to gamble on his weap proc to get him out of something that will kill him in 2 seconds. Most of them will simply AD, Faith, pot, or otherwise save their own arses the same way they would have if their weap couldn't proc. The ones that don't are probably too terribad to know what to do even if it did proc, so nothing changes.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    You will literally get shat on no matter what class you play if you are undergeared. Having said that, HA classes have it far easier than AA/LA classes when undergeared because of the higher hp and resistances you get from armor. Furthermore, of the HA classes, BMs are the only ones with a mdef buff (marrow).. which gives them a fighting chance to survive a hit from an arcane class.

You keep saying that you think your role is ruined by proc, and that quite simply is not the case. Your role is to support your squad, you have MANY ways to do this. You can buff your squad, you can CC your opponents, use massive amps/debuffs, purge, the list goes on. Purify doesn't stop you from buffing your squad, doesn't stop you from purging, makes it a little more difficult to make a target useless (but still very possible), and essentially shortens the length of the amps. Your job was and still is to support, the difference is that you leave the major DD to the DD classes and actually do your job.

Also BMs are one of the classes I encounter the most on LC (along with sins), so your whining is entirely without merit imo.

The extra hp/res is NOTHING when you all hit so much harder/can be anywhere at any time, oh and casters outnumber HA, far easier than vice versa. That point of your argument is quite weak in my book. Ergo no way it is going to change my opinion.

Yes every class/person has their strengths and their weaknesses, and people feel that the grass is greener on the other side, not to mention ignore other points/have arguably weak arguments trying to refute the opinion of others. (Yes I am aware you/I could apply this to me as well, but meh... I am staying on my side... imho you are the one with the weak argument not me.) Though I get it not all will share that opinion, hell I can see more agreeing with you more than my opinion, still it is my opinion, and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe the same thing that you do.

I would be a lot more inclined to agree with you if we were focusing on 1 on 1 fights, but in mass pvp... the more hp/def is quite... negligible imho with all the things going on in mass pvp. (Numbers/harder hits etc.)

Yes some HA classes have it easier than other ha classes, perhaps barbs have it a bit easier than casters/ranged people but they still have drawbacks that casters/archers do not have to deal with when under geared. Though yes the opposite is also true.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The extra hp/res is NOTHING when you all hit so much harder/can be anywhere at any time, oh and casters outnumber HA, far easier than vice versa. That point of your argument is quite weak in my book. Ergo no way it is going to change my opinion.

Yes every class/person has their strengths and their weaknesses, and people feel that the grass is greener on the other side, not to mention ignore other points/have arguably weak arguments trying to refute the opinion of others. (Yes I am aware you/I could apply this to me as well, but meh... I am staying on my side... imho you are the one with the weak argument not me.) Though I get it not all will share that opinion, hell I can see more agreeing with you more than my opinion, still it is my opinion, and I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe the same thing that you do.

I would be a lot more inclined to agree with you if we were focusing on 1 on 1 fights, but in mass pvp... the more hp/def is quite... negligible imho with all the things going on in mass pvp. (Numbers/harder hits etc.)

Yes some HA classes have it easier than other ha classes, perhaps barbs have it a bit easier than casters/ranged people but they still have drawbacks that casters/archers do not have to deal with when under geared. Though yes the opposite is also true.

Since you have no hope of having a real conversation about the topic (lol hp/resistances are negligible), do us all a favor and stop the incessant whining. It's getting a tad old now.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options

So your point is basically that it sucks to be undergeared? We already knew this.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Since you have no hope of having a real conversation about the topic (lol hp/resistances are negligible), do us all a favor and stop the incessant whining. It's getting a tad old now.

Oh yes insult me because I refuse to see things "EXACTLY" your way. *claps for adroit*

You can disagree with me all you want, clearly there are people who disagree with your view even from the LC server, as is there are people who absolutely disagree with my view... who are also from dreamweaver. Obviously that statement can be applied to ANY and all servers for both of us.

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Oh yes insult me because I refuse to see things "EXACTLY" your way. *claps for adroit*

You can disagree with me all you want, clearly there are people who disagree with your view even from the LC server, as is there are people who absolutely disagree with my view... who are also from dreamweaver. Obviously that statement can be applied to ANY and all servers for both of us.

Your bm/undergeared qq shpeal in every thread that even resembles anything about pvp/nw/purify/bms/etc is really getting old. I thought I'd try to convince you that you were wrong, but after that post.. it's clear I'd be wasting my time.
  • ablabahabla
    ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The main reason BMs stopped playing, it seems to me, is because they realised people would no longer die to Stun > APS, and since most bms were not very good at anything else, they didn't even stop to think about what they could do about it, started whining, and ragequit their bms to make something easier. The ones that had been playing before aps became the coolest thing just switched back to axes and continued to know how to play their class.

There are still some bms running around on HL thinking they can pvp with aps gear, it usually doesn't work out.

Like Adroit said, there's plenty you can do on a bm. You can purge, buff, DG (on time!) you can still stun, provided your timing is excelent. You can aoe seal now. You can isolate priority targets by pulling them to you. You're even better at rushing people because you're now able to jump 45m pretty much instantly. Barbs don't have a purify proc, so you're still great help at killing catas in tw. You're good at helping kill everything that isn't a mage with a proc weapon. You've got blade tornado, and you can't be stopped while casting it, which is ****.

Also, in 1 v 1, you can still use stuns defensively, and it's not like purify procs every other hit. I've seen fairly well refined r9rr mystics get killed by g16 bms (though admittedly, he used HF and critted, and admittedly, the mystic is in BankaiGOD, so he's probably stupid enough to forget his selfbuffs)

Finally, if you make things dangerous enough, the puri proc doesn't really matter: no competent mage is going to gamble on his weap proc to get him out of something that will kill him in 2 seconds. Most of them will simply AD, Faith, pot, or otherwise save their own arses the same way they would have if their weap couldn't proc. The ones that don't are probably too terribad to know what to do even if it did proc, so nothing changes.

How can bms AoE seal? have i missready any new skill?

BTW Slivaf just go quit your bm as i mentioned before so u dont have to cry about it all day! Go gear up your seeker and rq it later cause some bms will stunlock the **** out of you and first kill your plat charm then kill you, which prolly will make you roll bm again which will sure let you QQ again cause the nv3 gear with low refines is just too weak for anything nowadays.

kthxbai b:bye
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yes... lets keep bashing sliv/derailing topics because you all disagree with my OPINION, and ignoring the fact that he err... I have brought up numerous times that I know other class have their fair share of weaknesses.

1. "negligent' was meant for "MASS pvp" where gear levels are vast, as are the number of people you have to deal with.

2. It was indeed just an opinion. <<

3. As I stated before in this topic, and else where I know other classes have their fair share of weaknesses/short comings, but I am of the opinion that bms are the worse off, I get it others do not share that opinion and that's fine/too be expected.

4. You all are wondering why I am not 'just' letting it drop, and yet you all keep egging it on... almost like your trying to elicit a response from me that you can try to belittle me with/for... the problem isn't just me. IJS!

5. I know I have seen a few discussions where I disagreed about what was being said about bms, but I didn't reply to them... so yea I think I have backed off quite a bit the past week or so. (hell I wasn't even going to reply to this post until I seen adroit's post.) I said my opinion/rebuttal about an opinion on here, and was going to leave it at that... then I got an opinion rebutting my opinion. That is obviously bound to happen especially when people disagree with your opinion.

It's a two way street I can rebut your opinion all day long/as much as I want, just like you all can do with mine.

6. I know I am not perfect, but I am also not a complete idiot, and I really do not think I deserve to be treated like one by ANYONE.

What we have here is merely a difference of opinions/too much ignoring of keywords in each of the 'argument's' I get it you all have your opinion, as do I, I am not asking you all to stop giving your opinion about something, so perhaps you all could do the same for me?

7. I feel like I could make a billion of these. (Yes that's an hyperbole.)

8. Most of what I say is indeed just an opinion/is likely going to fall on deaf ears but meh... there it is... I do not wish to argue about every point I see and disagree with... and believe me there has been plenty I have disagreed with, but haven't posted a word about it/in reply to it.

• Sint - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    How can bms AoE seal? have i missready any new skill?

BTW Slivaf just go quit your bm as i mentioned before so u dont have to cry about it all day! Go gear up your seeker and rq it later cause some bms will stunlock the **** out of you and first kill your plat charm then kill you, which prolly will make you roll bm again which will sure let you QQ again cause the nv3 gear with low refines is just too weak for anything nowadays.

kthxbai b:bye

I think it's called Blade Throw or something of the kind? Disarm everyone around the target at the cost of disarming yourself.

If i recall correctly, it does in fact stop me from casting WoG, which i can cast empty handed otherwise.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I think it's called Blade Throw or something of the kind? Disarm everyone around the target at the cost of disarming yourself.

If i recall correctly, it does in fact stop me from casting WoG, which i can cast empty handed otherwise.

Blade hurl, it removes your weapon.. it's not quite a seal because many classes can use skills barehanded, but it is pretty close.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    3. As I stated before in this topic, and else where I know other classes have their fair share of weaknesses/short comings, but I am of the opinion that bms are the worse off, I get it others do not share that opinion and that's fine/too be expected.

Try playing a psy in the +5 G16 range in any kind of mass pvp and say that again.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Why do you insist on calling warriors "bms"? They're clearly not blademasters, seekers are. Any who, let's run down a list of reasons why this class isn't as numerous as others:

1. WRs are melee
    a) it is inherently more difficult to play a melee class than it is to stand 30+ meters from your targets
    b) being melee, in large-scale combat, you end up getting right next to everyone to use your skills; this wouldn't be that much of an issue, but it's quite rare to see people target without using tab

2. Purify
    a) it makes all control(except some of the new ones/disarm) basically useless
    b) it really is quite depressing to stun someone, wasting your chi, and watching them zoom away at max speed
    c) there's a plethora of reasons as to why it shouldn't even exist, but that's a topic for another thread

3. WRs are classified as support
    a) by labeling wrs as support, you automatically trigger the mentality that being support is boring, which is very prevalent in the gaming world today
    b) despite having more attack than 8/10 classes(I think that's right?), being more versatile in all forms of content, being tied for second-highest health, and having the absolute highest (raw)defense, it's still viewed as weak because you're just a "meat shield whose there to support your party".

side story:

WRs were the first class developed, and every class released afterwards was done with the ideology of making them more appealing than the older ones(to make people want to reroll/spend more money). As such, you can imagine many classes have received a variety of skills to directly combat WRs. Not to say this has worked to the fullest extent, as I still say WRs are the most versatile class in the game, but there certainly is a lot of downsides to playing as one.

4. It's simply more "fun" to play a lax class like what they turned casters into
    a) why should you have to work 10x as hard to achieve the same result as others?

5. Many people have a WR, but only use it to (solo/do) PvE content
    a) this has been going on since before PWI was even an idea
    b) due to sins release with more attack, high aps, and a variety of skills to make PvE easier, many have retired their wrs

6. People seemingly do-not know how to play with WRs(not as them, but with them)
    a) I play a WR in a PWI(they made mages far too easy for me to want to play one anymore), and after being in some of your end-game guilds, it's easy to see why people roll other classes. I cannot express with words how frustrating it is to stun/dragon high priority targets and watch not even one person touch them.
    b) I've often stunned one-or-more people who were attacking my members, and watched them run away rather than retaliate, leaving me out there all alone.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    By undergeared these people most mean below R9RR +7... I don't know if serious or just ...

b:laughb:cold

By the way, Blademasters should be renamed to Axemasters or some ****... it's all you can use with R9+ haha