Bots and Quests

Xainou - Sanctuary
Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
So it seems we have hit the point where questing has become a pain. Especially morai is bad. BQ has bots all over it, the mobs for the divines are being camped too. In some cases by the single individual with their alts even.

How did it get this far? With the prices of DQ drops supposedly lowered due to bots? With SP being non-pk again due to complains about the quests in there?

Remove the bot system, our community just isn't fit for being fair players.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
Post edited by Xainou - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't worry. Soon, Earning Time will be applied to all areas of the game as a fix b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • SpasticCat - Sanctuary
    SpasticCat - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Also, soon ALL DQ items will have their prices nerf'd better bot while you can.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So it seems we have hit the point where questing has become a pain. Especially morai is bad. BQ has bots all over it, the mobs for the divines are being camped too. In some cases by the single individual with their alts even.

How did it get this far? With the prices of DQ drops supposedly lowered due to bots? With SP being non-pk again due to complains about the quests in there?

Remove the bot system, our community just isn't fit for being fair players.

Yes i agree with ya xain, since the bot system was added from the last expansion, a rise of rudeness, ignorance, and greed has become more out of control than ever before. If players want to grind for those dq drops, then why dont they just do it themselves instead of being lazy, rude and greedy. PW needs to wake up and realize that not everyone is going to be doing the bot system for grinding sake, plus it interfers with our chances of completing quests and divines. So the case to this is this, REMOVE THE BOT SYSTEM COMPLETELY AND DONT PUT IT BACK IN AT ANY TIME IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    While it has potential uses... that system doesn't belong here, IMO.

We may not be China's veno bot army but with how half the folks around here are, giving them a legal bot is just asking for trouble.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree. I'd rather they remove it.

It was fancy and all but now it's becoming trouble for a lot of people, well on PvE servers at least. Yeah, yeah I know the PvE server argument and all but really..I find it unnecessary for our game.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Razorface - Sanctuary
    Razorface - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People are obviously over exaggerating the inability to do quests. I have not once been unable to complete any quest in any area of the game. Pure hyperbole is what that is, you guys should be ashamed, either because you are so bad at the game you cannot kill a simple mob for a quest or because you are just outright lying, either way, shame on you.

Sure there are bots all over the place. But even then there are still plenty of mobs around, enough for you to get your quest done.

Anyone complaining about not being able to do quest because of botters.... Your vote does not count in my book, voting based on something you heard or just plain imagined in your own mind with no real basis... It is people like you that make "The only thing wrong with democracy is voters." true.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    People are obviously over exaggerating the inability to do quests. I have not once been unable to complete any quest in any area of the game. Pure hyperbole is what that is, you guys should be ashamed, either because you are so bad at the game you cannot kill a simple mob for a quest or because you are just outright lying, either way, shame on you.

Sure there are bots all over the place. But even then there are still plenty of mobs around, enough for you to get your quest done.

Anyone complaining about not being able to do quest because of botters.... Your vote does not count in my book, voting based on something you heard or just plain imagined in your own mind with no real basis... It is people like you that make "The only thing wrong with democracy is voters." true.

>Implying that we're voting without any kind of basis against those bots.

>Implying that we're just imaginating it with our own minds.

Implications, implications everywhere...
  • SpasticCat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    eraldus wrote: »
    >Implying that we're voting without any kind of basis against those bots.

>Implying that we're just imaginating it with our own minds.

Implications, implications everywhere...

Nice, your attempt to discredit and deny is absolutely amazing. Glad you added something helpful here.b:victory
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Nice, your attempt to discredit and deny is absolutely amazing. Glad you added something helpful here.b:victory

You're most welcome b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    People are obviously over exaggerating the inability to do quests.

Nope, we're not. There's enough bots around plus the normal players to make questing a pain. And more than enough drama over it.

As for votes not counting in your book, I'm not surprised seeing your profile name. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Nope, we're not. There's enough bots around plus the normal players to make questing a pain. And more than enough drama over it.

As for votes not counting in your book, I'm not surprised seeing your profile name. b:chuckle

I have yet to come across any quest, be it base quest, morai quests or primal quests where I can't complete within 15min. Sure a bot might be farming on the exact spot as your quest auto-flies you to, but the mobs spread out to more lands than those 40meters. Fly a few meters further, grab what you need without problems.

Imo people are blowing this up way too much because they weren't able to farm their quest on the first spot they arrived to. People tend to make it look like the entire map is covered, but in reality it's merely "their" spot being taken.
  • Razorface - Sanctuary
    Razorface - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014

LAME! If my profile name was "spoonfullofsugar" things might be easier to swallow for you?

Get over yourself.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only thing that would bother me is that its driving gold prices higher now. At least on sanct there is a give or take 200,000+ coin rise in the auction house. I wouldnt mind if its just for DQ points.
    As for quest mobs being killed, i havnt had any problems with it so far even tho i see these pple farming at the spot. There are more mobs than these guys can kill so..

One of the stupid things i see sometimes when i come back and look at my bot results are when tard's actually PM a AFK bot expecting a reply. Either to ask for buffs or to complain that taking 'their' mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I dont think the bots should be a problem for quests. Its not so hard to outsmart them, in fact if you just kill everything in its area it leaves :)

I worry more about the loads of coins comming into the economy.

I fear we are going to a future where coins have virtually no value and it will be kinda impossible to buy CS items without actually paying dollars for the gold b:sad

This might well be what PWI wants. Those who have big sums are hurt most by inflation. And if i were PWI i wouldnt want to have people running around with 10b in their pockets, able to by 1000s of gold without ever spending a penny to pay my salary. Of course there will be only a small group of CSers remaining if it goes too far and those wont have fun if they dont have us commoners to trash in NW anymore.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I say do away with the bot. Unfortunately I have to post my say here. I accidentally clicked the wrong damn votef:weep......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • SpasticCat - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    I dont think the bots should be a problem for quests. Its not so hard to outsmart them, in fact if you just kill everything in its area it leaves :)

I worry more about the loads of coins comming into the economy.

I fear we are going to a future where coins have virtually no value and it will be kinda impossible to buy CS items without actually paying dollars for the gold b:sad

This might well be what PWI wants. Those who have big sums are hurt most by inflation. And if i were PWI i wouldnt want to have people running around with 10b in their pockets, able to by 1000s of gold without ever spending a penny to pay my salary. Of course there will be only a small group of CSers remaining if it goes too far and those wont have fun if they dont have us commoners to trash in NW anymore.

In order for anyone to buy gold from the gold trade with coins though, someone must FIRST buy gold themselves and sell it. There will be no impact on sales for PWI.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    Well, if coins were worthless and practically unable to buy gold, it could in PWI developers minds entice people to CS themselves for else they cant get any of the good stuff. Of course that theory forgets about the CSers not having fun on a deserted server because the casual player gets sick of having to bot all night to be able to afford even his crab meats and teles.

Not talking about tomorrow, but a few years down the line when enough coins have been pumped into the economy that gold could be 100m and tokens 1m.
  • poupousse
    poupousse Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    In order for anyone to buy gold from the gold trade with coins though, someone must FIRST buy gold themselves and sell it. There will be no impact on sales for PWI.
    They can also FARM coins.

I know it's a long process if you stick to the rules but with four accounts or more (remember : abusers are being rewarded by PWE), you can earn coins to buy gold pretty fast.... b:laugh

Ofc, it will have impact on sales for PWI !
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    poupousse wrote: »
    They can also FARM coins.

I know it's a long process if you stick to the rules but with four accounts or more (remember : abusers are being rewarded by PWE), you can earn coins to buy gold pretty fast.... b:laugh

Ofc, it will have impact on sales for PWI !

I think you missed his point.. It wont do any good to farm coins if no one has bought gold with cash to list in the auction house. There still has to be cash shoppers for their to be any gold available at all.

Think about it, would PWI really do something that would just cost them money in the end? Your dealing with a mega company that runs a ton of game titles (worldwide even) on this same fpt system. I promise you, they aint losing anything ; )
  • Annabonana - Morai
    Annabonana - Morai Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To everyone talking about coins being worthless, you clearly do not know pwcn prices. over there if you want a damn barb to buff you you have to pay 10 million coins. yes coins will become more and more useless but it's only because everyone is GETTING more coins. so you will have 3mil / day now instead of 2 mil. then seeing the price go up 1mil on gold isn't so strange now is it?
  • poupousse
    edited January 2014
    I think you missed his point.. It wont do any good to farm coins if no one has bought gold with cash to list in the auction house. There still has to be cash shoppers for their to be any gold available at all.

Think about it, would PWI really do something that would just cost them money in the end? Your dealing with a mega company that runs a ton of game titles (worldwide even) on this same fpt system. I promise you, they aint losing anything ; )
    Hi again :)

I didn't missed the point, I wanted to underline it ! (Maybe not the best way, but it worked...)

How can you incite CSer's to buy more gold ? Create inflation !

Inflation will affect, in this order :
    - the faster : gold price itself. So : buy gold asap and you'll be rewarded by inflation...
    - goods with prices directly depending on gold price (typically : tokens of luck).
    - other goods (typically : farmed items as TT's mats)

So, you have two main strategies, both relying on how prices will rise at differents rates :
    1) Buy gold asap and spend it only when you really need to.
    2) Farm, with multi-accounts bots if your computer can do it, then immediatly buy golds and finally go on step 1).
    In both cases, the winner is PWE :
    - You have to be rich enough to buy a high-end running 24/7 computer then incite other players to buy gold.
    or
    - you buy gold yourself.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only people that I have seen complain about having this system it is one of two things, they themselves cant use the system because the lack of gear or someone else got to the spot first
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited January 2014
    The only people that I have seen complain about having this system it is one of two things, they themselves cant use the system because the lack of gear or someone else got to the spot first

I just posted something you could call complain about the economy going to ruins.

I do use it myself. Very succesfully actually. Still i know that it will not be a good thing in the long run. Probably it wont be too bad for me. I can use the bot 15 hours a day. I am a succesfull merchant. I will survive. But i dont want a game where only the CSers and a few most succesfull merchants will survive and the rest leaving the game because theres nothing to get anymore for them.

As it is, the casual player already has a hard time paying all his dayly expenses and keeping up hope to someday get R9. If now half the server who have the ability (to run his PC 24/7 and has a toon strong enough) to farm all the time are going to flood the economy with coins. What fun is left for the other half that still have only the same income from their BHs like they did before but now have to pay much more for their daily needs ? And even worse, the new player who starts out with absolutely nothing.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Am not typing again.
    My Prior Post
    Not everyone dislikes this system for the same reasons.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Botting is easy, i do it non stop for 8-10 hours while i sleep, i bring in 2-3mill in coin drops while i sleep, so basicly if you cant do your quests to level, then either bot or leave the game.b:chuckle
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To everyone talking about coins being worthless, you clearly do not know pwcn prices. over there if you want a damn barb to buff you you have to pay 10 million coins. yes coins will become more and more useless but it's only because botters are GETTING more coins. so you will have 3mil / day now instead of 2 mil. then seeing the price go up 1mil on gold isn't so strange now is it?

>MFW people are actually supporting such a future
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014

Ironically enough I knew this system was trouble from the start with the map being limited. it started bothering me with the drama it brought shortly after. You're strangely aware of such stuff if you're involved in handling drama between faction members...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only problem with this bot is people abusing it, which was already rampant on the servers with not much interference or care from pwe. There are far more efficient means to gather coins than this bot, hell farming brim/eden will get you more coins in the same timer period of using this bot! Being able to gather coins while cultivating to gain exp is just a side benefit.

Getting end game gear is by far tons easier now days than it ever has been. The only difference is ability to refine afterwards.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • poupousse
    edited January 2014
    ... There are far more efficient means to gather coins than this bot, hell farming brim/eden will get you more coins in the same timer period of using this bot! Being able to gather coins while cultivating to gain exp is just a side benefit.

Getting end game gear is by far tons easier now days than it ever has been. The only difference is ability to refine afterwards.
    YES and NO !

Bots are just an other way to enlarge the gap... A side benefit profiting only to those who are already rich enough is unfair !

The only difference is how much your PC can farm for you...
    The abilility to refine depends also on your CS and your PC's ability to farm while you sleep or (rl) work... I mean : even if you do farm brim/eden or anything else doesn't mean you don't (multi-)bot also for even more profit !

and :
    The only problem with this bot is people abusing it,...
    Abusing is rewarded by PWE : look for evidence with these keywords : "Final Compensation"...
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I hate the bots. I really don't see how taking something that is totally against the TOS and rather than doing more to eliminate it, you just give every troll a free bot to "be fair."

Its not about "not being able to do quests" or "it creating inflation"

Its about seeing the game filled with more players than I've seen in 5 years, and knowing that not one of them is an actual person.

Its knowing that any time you set down to kill ANY mob, when it drops something its like chumming the waters and all the bots in 120m of me come running over in a frenzy of avarice.

An entire population of mindless zombie *******s, on auto pilot, flailing about like the court of Azathoth.

Personally I prefer to do patrol constructs and ghost bats for my shroud quests. They are both on the road so I can spot Jintao if he come by.

Sadly that stretch of road by unseen gate on HT now has no fewer than 18+ full time bots killing patrol constructs and cacti. Sure there are a few constructs left, but its getting to be like the damn sky Owl daily where people are piled up 12 deep killing the same couple mobs.

At least the ghost bats are flying, and bots haven't mastered aerial trolling yet.

And frankly it just pisses me off that people are now spending more time botting in game than actually playing. Or as corpses since they fail even to bot half the time it looks like.

Sure I could bot, I could even do it successfully I imagine. But I'd rather just go play another game and not have my own idiot spawn running about trolling, and getting trolled by bot hunters.

When I need to grind, I GO GRIND. I play the damn game, and have the minimum respect both for the terms of service and my fellow player.

I earn my drops and experience, and I talk with my friends.

Bots don't have friends, respect, or any redeeming qualities. They are little more than a drain on server resources, just walking immune to damage mobs that constantly try to steal your drops.

Kill them all f:fume
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky