Options
2»

Comments

• MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I love that system.

PVP servers ftw I guess, I can pk the bots if they annoy me. =)

PWCN doesn't have Carebear servers, so I guess it's not an issue there and they will probably don't give a **** about PWI PVE servers. So good luck with that.

b:bye
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I still do the BQ in Morai and drop by everyday. There doesn't seem to be bots there. Morai respawns are so fast this is almost never a problem either.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Botting is suppose to be against the TOS of pwi, but instead of trying to eliminate the problem they just forced their hand by saying that the TOS means nothing anymore and we can add something regardless of the rules. Has pwi become a game of lawbreakers, scammers and thieves? I knew as soon as this was added that we would be seeing alot of civilized players become rude, ignorant, with becoming a pure sleezeball. Now we see that more ppl are rude toward those that are trying to do quests and divines. How does the botting system seem good when it all its doing is further ruining pw to where their own current playerbase are going to cause even more players to leave this game?

@the OP, this isnt just your game to play however you darn well plz. pw is a free to play online game for everyone who wants to come here, not somewhere, where you guys can practice your rude, bullying tactics toward those that are trying to get some fun out of it. The vast majority of this playerbase wants to have fun and not get pressured into getting this or that kind of gear just because you guys have it, just for us to compete with the oversensitive slimeballs and idiots who now rule pw. If you guys want to say to our faces to just leave the same based on illegitimate reasoning than i think you should be the ones to quit pw, go to some MOBA game and play the way you like there.

PW is not made for the self driven bullys, jerks, idiots and big shots. Its suppose to be fun for everyone here not just you. so i got some advice for ya, TAKE A CHILL PILL OR GET OUT OF TOWN.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    poupousse wrote: »
    YES and NO !

Bots are just an other way to enlarge the gap... A side benefit profiting only to those who are already rich enough is unfair !

The only difference is how much your PC can farm for you...
    The abilility to refine depends also on your CS and your PC's ability to farm while you sleep or (rl) work... I mean : even if you do farm brim/eden or anything else doesn't mean you don't (multi-)bot also for even more profit !

and :
    Abusing is rewarded by PWE : look for evidence with these keywords : "Final Compensation"...

I used brim only as an example, it is far from the most profitable instance. It took me 4 weeks during 2x to farm my r9 gear AFTER 2 years of building up my toon to do that. Not everyone in the game cashed their toon. Allowing this bot to gather coins only leveled the field against those that have been botting for years. But, it also brought to light who the true diaper wearer's are.

And again the abuse of the bot comes from pwe allowing people to run several bots at the same time which has not changed in the last few years. The people that are running those bots are the same people that have been botting for no telling how long. Now they can do it with pwe's own bot instead of paying for one. Where is all your rage against them? You are blaming the bot but not the true problem, the abusers.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • SpasticCat - Sanctuary
    SpasticCat - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Botting is suppose to be against the TOS of pwi, but instead of trying to eliminate the problem they just forced their hand by saying that the TOS means nothing anymore and we can add something regardless of the rules. Has pwi become a game of lawbreakers, scammers and thieves? I knew as soon as this was added that we would be seeing alot of civilized players become rude, ignorant, with becoming a pure sleezeball. Now we see that more ppl are rude toward those that are trying to do quests and divines. How does the botting system seem good when it all its doing is further ruining pw to where their own current playerbase are going to cause even more players to leave this game?

@the OP, this isnt just your game to play however you darn well plz. pw is a free to play online game for everyone who wants to come here, not somewhere, where you guys can practice your rude, bullying tactics toward those that are trying to get some fun out of it. The vast majority of this playerbase wants to have fun and not get pressured into getting this or that kind of gear just because you guys have it, just for us to compete with the oversensitive slimeballs and idiots who now rule pw. If you guys want to say to our faces to just leave the same based on illegitimate reasoning than i think you should be the ones to quit pw, go to some MOBA game and play the way you like there.

PW is not made for the self driven bullys, jerks, idiots and big shots. Its suppose to be fun for everyone here not just you. so i got some advice for ya, TAKE A CHILL PILL OR GET OUT OF TOWN.

So, almighty one, how should people play?
  • poupousse
    poupousse Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I used brim only as an example, it is far from the most profitable instance. It took me 4 weeks during 2x to farm my r9 gear AFTER 2 years of building up my toon to do that. Not everyone in the game cashed their toon. Allowing this bot to gather coins only leveled the field against those that have been botting for years. But, it also brought to light who the true diaper wearer's are.

And again the abuse of the bot comes from pwe allowing people to run several bots at the same time which has not changed in the last few years. The people that are running those bots are the same people that have been botting for no telling how long. Now they can do it with pwe's own bot instead of paying for one. Where is all your rage against them? You are blaming the bot but not the true problem, the abusers.
    Sorry, I really meant to blame both !

I didn't want to mean that PWE is right when rewarding abusers. So actually, I do not blame only bots and abusers... The main target I blame is PWE.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Of course quests have nothing to do with it. Its nonsense. If there are no mobs, the bots will teleport out. If there would be some many bots that mobs are scarce, this would automatically reduce their numbers until there is again a healthy population of mobs.

If you cant manage to compete for kills with a frickin bot, youre doing something seriously wrong.

I see only 2 issues with bots:

1: Damage to long term economy
    2: jealousy from those who cant run them for whatever reason.

If you see more, sure bring them in. but questing isnt a valid one.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I still do the BQ in Morai and drop by everyday. There doesn't seem to be bots there. Morai respawns are so fast this is almost never a problem either.

Check the sundial of time area near the cactusses, a lot are there, also at Sapphire altar area.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    well, in a way, this system does kinda shorten out the gap between the newer players and the older. Not saying completely, but if i were to start PWI right now, id be pretty thankful of this autoculti system since the DQs still are tradable and the higher DQs make $$$. As a newbie i would be able to afford a little more helpful items from AH gold trade as well as some extra things like Pstones, cube do-alls, event cards and what not. This would be something i would not be able to farm so easily if i had come into the game from scratch atm, and it adds a bit more fun for the newer pple in this OP littered game world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    So it seems we have hit the point where questing has become a pain. Especially morai is bad. BQ has bots all over it, the mobs for the divines are being camped too. In some cases by the single individual with their alts even.

How did it get this far? With the prices of DQ drops supposedly lowered due to bots? With SP being non-pk again due to complains about the quests in there?

Remove the bot system, our community just isn't fit for being fair players.

I not play anymore.

Bots play instead of me (edit: bots of other players, of course).

And no, I had not sold any of my DQ items from this account to other players.

b:laugh
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    While it has potential uses... that system doesn't belong here, IMO.

We may not be China's veno bot army but with how half the folks around here are, giving them a legal bot is just asking for trouble.

So you'd rather have botting in the hands of the "chosen few" who use a shell or hook app to do it instead? At least with the botting open to all, you've got a level playing field. The issue is not the existance of the autoculti bot (which, from my observations of how BMBot chars were behaving on Morai, doesn't differ all that much from BMB itself), it's making sure that manual play is more rewarding then botting. (or better yet, turn autoculti into something that can -assist- players in doing grindquests, but not replace player actions for long periods)

Some suggestions:
    - Give the "One Man Army" quests a cash bonus. Drop the cash grants on getting Jolly Jones tokens. Raise the cash grant from doing Jolly Jones missions.
    - DQ items: Make them all worth 1GP on sale, but keep the DQ Points system as is.
    - Less XP and GP drops from beating up world mobs, more XP/GP from doing quests.
    - Diminishing returns when constantly killing the same type of enemy. Lower drop and XP rates for kills of enemies of the same type by 0.5% for each type killed in the same hour. Endless grind then becomes pointless, since after 200 kills you get neither XP nor GP...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

Nope, we're not. There's enough bots around plus the normal players to make questing a pain. And more than enough drama over it.

As for votes not counting in your book, I'm not surprised seeing your profile name. b:chuckle

I've had no problem getting my BQ done everyday even with 5 people botting in the area. Set up your own bot for a few minutes, go do something, come back, alls done.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This poll did not work out as the Op thought it would I am guessing.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Check the sundial of time area near the cactusses, a lot are there, also at Sapphire altar area.

Don't know what BQ you got, but I don't have BQ there. People should be able to bot somewhere.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I hate the bots. I really don't see how taking something that is totally against the TOS and rather than doing more to eliminate it, you just give every troll a free bot to "be fair."

Its not about "not being able to do quests" or "it creating inflation"

Its about seeing the game filled with more players than I've seen in 5 years, and knowing that not one of them is an actual person.

Its knowing that any time you set down to kill ANY mob, when it drops something its like chumming the waters and all the bots in 120m of me come running over in a frenzy of avarice.

An entire population of mindless zombie *******s, on auto pilot, flailing about like the court of Azathoth.

Personally I prefer to do patrol constructs and ghost bats for my shroud quests. They are both on the road so I can spot Jintao if he come by.

Sadly that stretch of road by unseen gate on HT now has no fewer than 18+ full time bots killing patrol constructs and cacti. Sure there are a few constructs left, but its getting to be like the damn sky Owl daily where people are piled up 12 deep killing the same couple mobs.

At least the ghost bats are flying, and bots haven't mastered aerial trolling yet.

And frankly it just pisses me off that people are now spending more time botting in game than actually playing. Or as corpses since they fail even to bot half the time it looks like.

Sure I could bot, I could even do it successfully I imagine. But I'd rather just go play another game and not have my own idiot spawn running about trolling, and getting trolled by bot hunters.

When I need to grind, I GO GRIND. I play the damn game, and have the minimum respect both for the terms of service and my fellow player.

I earn my drops and experience, and I talk with my friends.

Bots don't have friends, respect, or any redeeming qualities. They are little more than a drain on server resources, just walking immune to damage mobs that constantly try to steal your drops.

Kill them all f:fume

I wish I could "like" or rate post here, this is beatifulb:cry.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    *first Lost City post*

I cannot comment on other server's situations as I don't play them, however I can comment on Lost City's. Now LC is a pvp server and as such bots are in PK mode and can be killed by other players. In fact we have quite a few people earning themselves red hours to look bad *** when in fact all they're doing is killing auto cultivating toons.

The way i see it is to use the old fashioned saying of "if you can't beat them, join them." Now that 2x is over, you'll probably see less bots imo. Coin, exp and item drops are all back to their normal rate. Thus requiring the same amount of charms to afk farm, but with half the results. On Lost City, there are a lot of level 100 RB bots in some areas. These bots are not picking up any coins and are merely gaining EXP for their Book Demon. Harmless, is it not? I can say the biggest bot influx I saw during 2x was with the Snowmen. Most of those bots were venos levelling their pets. I don't see many bots in Morai, in Old Valley of the Scarred or in general quest mob areas. Of course, on a PVP server you can just kill bots if they are in your way, if you wanna be a coward PVPer and earn some easy red hours (because you may as well be PKing lowbies) or you just want to be a ****. Believe, there are these people in Lost City. At least the Primal World daily campers aren't killing bots. They're just sitting up an AOE at the story mode NPC so you die when you pop in xD.

Point is, I believe there will be less bots now that we've lost 2x. Lost City's economy has roughly stayed the same. Yes, our Tokens are 25-30k a pop but that's mostly due to PWE not having a pack sale (HINT HINT YOU LOT). Our AH prices are still the same and our cash shoppers are still heavy cash shoppers but they're also auto cultivating as well.

If people want anything removed, petition to have the auto pick up part removed. Don't remove an effective way for people to earn regular EXP and Book Demon EXP while they sleep and get on with life.

Also, AlysonRose, when you talk about bots not having friends, respect or redeeming qualities, it really sounds like you're separating the Auto cultivators from the pGrind botters. When I have auto cultivation set up, I have a friends list. I am generally at my computer and just watching my toon, and I still reply to PMs. I am a player. I do my BH's, I help people, I still play my toon. Just because you see someone auto cultivating doesn't mean they don't contribute to the server, they don't do their dailies, they don't have a friends list, etc. We are normal players who will sometimes just sit back and eat something while our toons are on auto pilot.

When you think about, this bot grinds for you. It doesn't sell your items, repair itself and whatnot. It's not a fully fledged bot and player interaction is still required. If all the mobs in your meter range are gone, you Town Portal away. If your weapon breaks, you town portal away. If you die, you stay dead until you physically hit back To Town. It's no where near an illegal bot which did all those things for you. People are really over exaggerating this feature, which mind you was built by China. You know, the version who had the veno bot army.
  • hagen2244
    hagen2244 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    With the bots we are:
    - Loosing active player (Player are in Reflection or botting now)
    - We get a hyperinflation in the game (thats why some player left the game)
    - Questing is only annoying
    - People are more aggressive now and rude sometimes, no more teamwork or chatting
    - Loosing social contacts (Factionlist show many online, but no one is chatting!)
    - No one want buff other chars now, because its a bot only

I feel here if I play only a normal "offline" PC-game