Telepac - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
Post edited by Telepac - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

This is a major problem when ****tards kill quest mobs, not sure if they were botting but for the 1st time ever I saw today like 7 people in 1 area near the cacti in morai, botting sins are the worst, high aps/dps, mob is dead in 1-2 hits, when I tried botting (still not too fond of this stupid idea they implemented) but I went to heaven to kill mobs no1 can`t have for quests.

Only solution now would be to further decrease DQ item price, they should have removed the points already, yet they still accumulate and work just fine, bots really need some limitations. b:surrender
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Since the update it seems like anytime I kill anything, people drop what they are doing run over and stand on my drops until I grab them or they can pick them up.

Which is no different than before the update but at least now I assume they are afk b:chuckle

I threw a fit about it, among other things the other day, but OPKossy poofed it. Which I actually do appreciate, it shows that someone around here is doing their job well f:grin

But yeah, the bots are just icky f:kneel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Idk, botting on pk servers is relatively uncommon, because they tend to get PK'ed quickly.

Perhaps PWI should remove the bot function for pve servers only to accommodate for the carebears (but then pve servers seem to have a TON of problems b/c of no-pk so there probably wont be a fix).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Idk, botting on pk servers is relatively uncommon, because they tend to get PK'ed quickly.

Perhaps PWI should remove the bot function for pve servers only to accommodate for the carebears (but then pve servers seem to have a TON of problems b/c of no-pk so there probably wont be a fix).

The bot is a product of PWCN. They would have to get another patch from them if they want to get rid of it (but pray they don't we have enough broken things already). Even then don't count on it for months. I still suspect they are waiting for more feedback on how this is affecting the game anyway (not that there weren't bots to begin with, this one is just legit). Besides, we on the PvE servers can still drag bosses to the herb farming bots to kill them off. f:sneaky
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    yeah botting (auto-cultivating) on quest mobs is a pain. I have been sticking to mobs most wont do. Right now i am on map3 mobs at the tele with my barb. I was in the new area on some mobs there but they hit a lot harder than normal 150 (non boss) mobs. I think the mobs in map3 have been nerf'd they only do 80 dmg against me
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    bots aren't bad when made correctly. I tried this thing out in gv and it is horrible. Most the time I am running around in circles like a turkey with its head cut off and if i'm not doing that i'm running circles around the mobs i'm suppose to be hitting with the combos I set up (which are way too short to be able to be effective because of the lack of macro abilities) (putting genie skills would be nice b:cry). Furthermore, the bot decides that if it is confused, it will just town teleport... lol? So yeah.... its definitely just another thing that is in a beta stage that no one bothered to test before releasing to the public.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It was a matter of time because things like these would happen. There isn't much to do if you're on a PvE server but you could try luring away the bot by dropping a trail of 1 coins and leading it somewhere else.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Anyone botting quest mobs is an inconsiderate POS, regardless if "auto-cultivation" is allowed now.

If it gets out of hand even more than it is now, and people aren't able to complete their quests in a timely fashion because of botting pricks it will just add to the plethora of coffin nails plaguing the game.

But then again, China doesn't care, PWE is hopeless, and the playerbase is full of morons anyway.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well, I am not so sure if the guy was botting or not, but yesterday there was this person in sky owl daily instance that was most likely botting because as soon mobs spawned, they were killed.

All of them.

At the same time.

Took me a good 15 minutes to kill the 4 mobs needed to complete the quest because, as a veno, spell casting is not THAT fast.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    We already saw that in progress (though he wasn`t on auto cultivation probably since you can set DB anywhere and let it do all the work but now every1 can do similar things even just by auto attacking mobs that people need), today a r9 +12 of course - wizzie piece of **** DB`ed @ quest area for Defending Green, as a result people couldn`t complete the quest unless you have fast chan skills with the ability to 1 hit the mobs or at least deal dmg more than 50 pct its hp, I managed to kill but it wasn`t easy, imagine people without OP gear, most times you didn`t even have enough time to target the mob as it was dead when spawned in the DB epicenter. Yet another feature abused, misused and just pissing off a lot of people, I can see it now being done in various areas, what I don`t get is why would someone do this, were they ill treated s a child, or what was the problem, to me it`s disgusting and foul, "oh here`s an idea i`ll set a constant aoe to target and kill mobs people need to do quests and probably carve my palms with a dull blade while I watch them rage, that will give me sick pleasure...."

Already sent a ticket about it, but as that person is a massive cser, he won`t be banned! PWI won`t bite the hand that feeds.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    lol try to bot on PVP server they will be dead in less than 1 hour
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    bangis2010 wrote: »
    lol try to bot on PVP server they will be dead in less than 1 hour

Say what? I've botted myself over 60 levels after reincarnation on a PVP server and only 1 tried to PK me. They failed to realize my lower level Bot was wearing G16 gear and that would be PKer got dispatched rather quickly.

I know a lot of people who has been botting here without issues. In fact I really haven't seen any issues with it on my server at all.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ...so bascially China removed the DQ item value because of bots. Then we get a legit bot. Uhm...

I would be happy if they just removed it. Too many issues doing your dailies and quests. And let's not even talk about the people raging at each other. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    It was a matter of time because things like these would happen. There isn't much to do if you're on a PvE server but you could try luring away the bot by dropping a trail of 1 coins and leading it somewhere else.

Wow your so productive...hey all let's go drop coins on the ground all damn day to lure afk botting players somewhere else!

Fail and dumb.

I rather have my toon use the auto cultivation than sit in the realm of reflecting getting lowsey exp a min when I can accomplish more exp on the map and gain some good ole coin and dq.

And really I have no issues about any bot killing my quest mobs... Kill faster?you see the bot out there so use your brain.derrrrr
  • Demonangle - Raging Tide
    Demonangle - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    What are quests? b:laugh
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I don't understand people who are botting on common quest mobs... And since they are several to do that, this is not even efficient...
    But at least they don't take my unusual spots :p
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    bots aren't bad when made correctly. I tried this thing out in gv and it is horrible. Most the time I am running around in circles like a turkey with its head cut off and if i'm not doing that i'm running circles around the mobs i'm suppose to be hitting with the combos I set up (which are way too short to be able to be effective because of the lack of macro abilities) (putting genie skills would be nice b:cry). Furthermore, the bot decides that if it is confused, it will just town teleport... lol? So yeah.... its definitely just another thing that is in a beta stage that no one bothered to test before releasing to the public.

The bot works fine for me...you just have to put some thought into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well, I am not so sure if the guy was botting or not, but yesterday there was this person in sky owl daily instance that was most likely botting because as soon mobs spawned, they were killed.

All of them.

At the same time.

Took me a good 15 minutes to kill the 4 mobs needed to complete the quest because, as a veno, spell casting is not THAT fast.

sad thing is he could go north a bit of a ways and have more mobs to bot on and not interfer with anyone
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    do that quest, later
    u r not olblgued to do it in 2 hours, u can do it the new day week and so on.

ppl dont qq for everything, life is not simple neither games.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Wow your so productive...hey all let's go drop coins on the ground all damn day to lure afk botting players somewhere else!

Fail and dumb.

I rather have my toon use the auto cultivation than sit in the realm of reflecting getting lowsey exp a min when I can accomplish more exp on the map and gain some good ole coin and dq.

And really I have no issues about any bot killing my quest mobs... Kill faster?you see the bot out there so use your brain.derrrrr

Who said anything about spending a whole day dropping coins to all the botters?

A person in my faction dropped a small trail of coins to lure a bot and it was lead to a different direction, allowing them to kill the mobs they wanted, thus I threw this out there.
    I don't see you suggesting anything useful. Pretty sure OP doesn't care about you not having issues with bots.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I lead the bots out by sirri wine camp to the camel boss all the time LOL, not to mention you can pull it to where there are sevarl bots and then fly high and they will auto attack and die!b:chuckle
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Remember about a month ago when people were getting dozens of 10* orbs (equating to hundreds of million worth in value), Plat hp Charms, and Event gold cards for just abusing a glitch? And those who didn't get a chance to be on at that time got nothing? Well, this botting thing now gives a chance for those that didn't receive anything from the code to catch up to those that did. I can finally earn enough event gold to finance Charms for weekly NWs and TWs. At least with the botting, you have to spend a bit of time in game doing things, and repairs/mp+hp foods to get those event gold and free charms as oppose to abusing a glitch and get everything in seconds.

I have to agree that there are jerks that sets up a perma aoe in the only area where a type of quest mobs spawns - not for exp or drops, but to grief others- particularly that new daily where there is only about 6 of those mobs, and they should be punished. But else where, most quest mobs exists in more than one spot.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Primal world mobs aren't even good to bot on...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • SephronX - Sanctuary
    SephronX - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well I tried to kill mobs for divines and the field was full of botters, so I just started killing the mobs regardless. Suddenly I get spammed by them all "Don't kill my mobs/mess with my bot/grind my bot's mobs". And some said to use my eyes and go somewhere else to do my quest.

I didn't care about the bots, but those people need to realize that quester's rights surpass their botting right. Besides, what's the great joy of watching your bot play while you can't?

Anyhow, it made me mad due to the attitude I was getting. (Also my favorite aoe grinding spot is now constantly covered in bots and lost... oh well)

phew, that felt good to vent.
  • Spectralis - Sanctuary
    Spectralis - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Now , that we are gettin maintenance twice a week, pwi could definitely do something about Bootin, mainly in Morai. I agree with many about doin the line quest there and it is practically imposible to get a quest done without mentionin; those with time limit from the Orders.

Some ppl dont response, due to the fact; they are not there as playes but instead, as a toon who kills automatically.

If this is the new idea on pwi, it is bad, ppl who actually play the game, must not tolerate those who arent there as gamers.

Remember the time, when doin stuff in SP was also impossible too, because of the pking activity. Well, pwi got rib of it , thx to those who constantly complained about it.

The same can be done , with this "New problem" in Morai.

LET THE GAMERS PLAY BY THEMSELVES, NOT AS ROBOTS.
  • lyzbeth
    lyzbeth Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I set up a bot every night .. but I also set it up in an area full of the same mobs .. therefore don't ks ev1s quest mobs .. I bot in morai but the area of the mobs I kill is huge! anyone has an issue they r an idiot ..

those that have been setting up in areas that only a few of that particular mob exsist or quest chain mobs .. I don't agree with that at all . but I myself am not going to stop botting because a few ppl are stupid enough not to move n then biitch about it when there r TONS of the same mob .. js'n
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well I tried to kill mobs for divines and the field was full of botters, so I just started killing the mobs regardless. Suddenly I get spammed by them all "Don't kill my mobs/mess with my bot/grind my bot's mobs". And some said to use my eyes and go somewhere else to do my quest.

I didn't care about the bots, but those people need to realize that quester's rights surpass their botting right. Besides, what's the great joy of watching your bot play while you can't?
    This is so true.
    It's actually funny to listen to people rage about other people getting in their bots' areas, like it's some kind of execution-worthy crime.
    I don't think botting in Morai is a good idea, since it's a comparatively small map, and the greater majority of the mobs in there are needed for quests.

Questing does trump botting, so really the only response to that kind of aggression is to say nothing and carry on. If a bot is in the way of mobs I need for a daily, I just kill the ones around them and don't pick up loot, so they flutter around trying to pick up stuff and I can kill in peace, because bots will almost always favor picking stuff up over killing stuff as long as they don't get attacked by anything. In many ways bots are great, because you -don't- have to be considerate of them when you're out questing.

Sometimes I watch my bot to see exactly where the area of its patrol is, since I don't just leave it at max, or to make sure that its skills are going off correctly, or while I'm eating sometimes because I find the repetition relaxing. Needless to say I bot in areas where people are less likely to come for quests, so my only other companions are other bots, and kindergarten taught me how to share, so I don't mind that at all.

Allowing this botting was probably a bad move by pwi to be honest, I'm really surprised they went through with it. I guess everyone botting is easier than trying to respond to people reporting people for illegally botting. In my Negative Nelly mood, to me it's just another sign that they just don't give any damns about this game anymore.
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Say what? I've botted myself over 60 levels after reincarnation on a PVP server and only 1 tried to PK me. They failed to realize my lower level Bot was wearing G16 gear and that would be PKer got dispatched rather quickly.

I know a lot of people who has been botting here without issues. In fact I really haven't seen any issues with it on my server at all.

LOL Jadsia you stupid? you are on PVP server nothing say about pvp server here that have issue. OP said mobs on morai that have time quest which is in non pvp server. again , and no one asking your gear.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

^

This is the solution. Get a bunch of inexpensive stack of items or coins if you don't mind....and drop it. Lots of it. Drive the bot into a entirely different area where they can die on PVE server. Exploitable.
  • laluaa
    laluaa Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    ruin his/her bot... put 1 coins or 1 dq one after another.... till he.her get away from the spot... if he.she woke up ask nice to stop.. if still no respond keep ruin it... if they decided to kill w.o pick the drop then u pick the drop :v