CTRL+F12 Bot Causing lot of Trouble

13»

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Better question is, what'll be the point of R9 gear once the next tier is introduced? Gods, are we going to see crocodile tears on the gits who have dozens of MoGs in reserve but won't be able to offload it for the bazillions they spent on it...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Better question is, what'll be the point of R9 gear once the next tier is introduced? Gods, are we going to see crocodile tears on the gits who have dozens of MoGs in reserve but won't be able to offload it for the bazillions they spent on it...

The "Next Tier' is already here. It's called Recast R9. And the next tier after that was third cast.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited January 2014

R9 gear upgrades to the next tier...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've ran across many PWI-Botters in Morai and either go back later or have junk I can drop to steer them away.

They do not have free range - they do have an area marked off, try to figure out what it is and have patience.

Even before the PWI-Botter there have been regular (illegal) bots we have had to content with, along with persons that are simply arrogant and kill what you were working down.

I moved doing my Morai dailys to in the morning before work, because the areas are virtually empty and I have no competition for mobs during this time.

When I played a PvP server, and would get pked while doing dailys, I did the same thing... altered the times I took these quests to avoid issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There's some easy tricks to temporarily stun or even end annoying bots. Said so before in another topic but will repeat:
    - Trail of 1GP: will lead a bot to a specific destination, or just have it go in circles for a while. If you're feeling nasty, have a boss waiting somewhere.
    - Cloud of 1GP: Put some 20 up in the air where it can't reach, and it'll just go from one to the next. Again, if feeling nasty, make a trail to the nearest boss.
    - I come with a friend!: Use Zeal or somesuch to lure the nearest heavy over. You might need Holy Path or some other speedboost to make sure you don't get out of range yourself. Autoculti is kinda dumb - once an attack combo is started on a boss it will continue, even if the boss yellowglows and moves back to it's usual spot.

If you just need to kill a few mobs for a quest, stunning nearby bots with a cloud of GPs is the simplest way to go. If someone's really being a pain in the behind... fragging them is the best option.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.