opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    need to combine the power of 'brain' to find out who evil kossy truly is :E

You know what must be done...
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    the op admitted to using bots to test the culti bot, why arent they banned, simple answer, cash players can do as they please as usual

I did not say that as OPKossy stated. I already knew there were people that botted there, just the fact they were there would nerf this bots ability to auto grind or "bot" as I already mentioned before. I know who's bots they are, but it would not make any difference now, they been there for over a year and PWI has its own built in bot now.

I was just noting how those bots already being there affected the performance of PWI's bot.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • nechick
    nechick Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    to be it evens out the fairness of bots. pwi cant seem to stop the people who paid for theres so they give us all one and i think that it is one of the best things pwi has done
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    nechick wrote: »
    to be it evens out the fairness of bots. pwi cant seem to stop the people who paid for theres so they give us all one and i think that it is one of the best things pwi has done

This is how I see it :D
  • XeroFlareXL - Harshlands
    XeroFlareXL - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    auto cultivation wow this game really got lazy i may not know how to use it but i still wouldnt if i did ,whats next are they gonna give us ingame iphones to do quests on i mean wth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    auto cultivation wow this game really got lazy i may not know how to use it but i still wouldnt if i did ,whats next are they gonna give us ingame iphones to do quests on i mean wth.

Good for you. You're only hindering yourself by not using it and do you honestly thing pwi will go "OMG this player isn't using it QQ what do we do?" no they wont. You're only putting yourself at a disadvantage by not using it.

I put the bot thingy on whenever i sleep. Botting for 10 hours and getting 10mil. This doesn't cover the coins being picked up or xp gained. Not bad. Thanks pwi b:victory
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it's a great addition to the game and I'm using it when asleep/afk/at work.

However I am interested in the downsides. If near enough every player has the ability to bot 10m overnight, 20m if logging an alt too, and then those who will be breaking the ToS could make upwards of 100m/200m who knows. PER DAY. What effect will this have on the economy. Hyper inflation- people will be crying for gold prices of 2m again.

Gold will go up to a relative amount based on the earning capability of players. Prices will rise accordingly on all items. F2p players need coin to buy gold to buy items from boutique like r9 war avatar stuff etc.

The price of gold is actually not based on the demand for gold, this merely affects the fluctuation from high and low, the actual price is based on the availability of coin. The botting will be dumping billions of coin into the economy everyday.

Conclusion if you don't bot, you will better have another way to make 10m-20m+ a day or you won't be able to buy very simple items.

I know this wasn't the purpose of the thread, but just my thoughts.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I must admit, this is the most creative way to deal with the BMBotting problem - just open it for use to everyone. Should relieve the load on the support staff...
    I've been giving this new autoculti a whirl... some thoughts and tips:

- If you intend to farm materials or DQ items, fill up your inventory with stacks of one of those, so that the bot skips filling up your inventory with useless items.
    - While you can't set your "Basic attack" as the main skill to be used, there's no reason you can't make a "Combo" consisting of just "Basic Attack" and let that run. It works.
    - If you want to farm snowmen (for Celes and chistones mainly), use a ranged weapon, regardless of the character you use it with. Bamboo bows only need 5 dex, so everyone can use those.
    - Adding regenerative skills like Clear Thoughts or Diamond Soul into your main attack will cause them to fire as often as possible.
    - Nonmagic characters using skills will benefit from weapons that have a mana replenish on-hit (such as Annihilator of Souls).

Expected effect on the economy (once the Christmas hubhub is done and everyone's done rebirthing their mains):
    - Coin becomes pointless. Kinda like Diablo 3.
    - Farmable materials will become dirt-cheap.
    - Boutique gold will cost so much that only buying Zen is a feasable option to get it. Probably the main reason.
    - BMBot users will bawl because their advantage is now gone...
    - Life and mana charms will be less costly, as people farm DQ items for eventgold, then buy event boutique charms as needed.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I think it's a great addition to the game and I'm using it when asleep/afk/at work.

However I am interested in the downsides. If near enough every player has the ability to bot 10m overnight, 20m if logging an alt too, and then those who will be breaking the ToS could make upwards of 100m/200m who knows. PER DAY. What effect will this have on the economy. Hyper inflation- people will be crying for gold prices of 2m again.

Gold will go up to a relative amount based on the earning capability of players. Prices will rise accordingly on all items. F2p players need coin to buy gold to buy items from boutique like r9 war avatar stuff etc.

The price of gold is actually not based on the demand for gold, this merely affects the fluctuation from high and low, the actual price is based on the availability of coin. The botting will be dumping billions of coin into the economy everyday.

Conclusion if you don't bot, you will better have another way to make 10m-20m+ a day or you won't be able to buy very simple items.

I know this wasn't the purpose of the thread, but just my thoughts.

Well said Mr Skies
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So I did my test with the new bot and dropped in between 2 other (pre pwi-bot) bots in heaven to see how much coin I could gather while I was at work.
    s

Which mobs were you grinding on if you don't mind me asking?
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Which mobs were you grinding on if you don't mind me asking?

These http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/9160 they are at the top left corner of heaven. Other good places are the basequest mobs there are a few places you can go there. Also the melee mobs to the right of the instance they just took out that really had no visible entrance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I find that air mobs helps the auto cultivation stay around longer during the duration. I've just set mine to 200 meters, and AFK on the air mobs in heaven or the ground mobs in the Vellry of the Scarred.

On a side note though, I can make tons more coin playing actively for 1 hour, rather than using auto cultivation, and I can especialyl gain more exp, as the bot doesn't round up groups to AOE as efficient as a human.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Yeah that is true if you are not afk, but for afk grinding its great
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2013
    Additional findings:
    Using 2 instant skills after eachother causes the autoculty to freeze up. It also causes the combo in general to freeze up, so it's probably a client issue. This can be fixed by setting the combo up like:
    "Melee attack - Alter Marrow - Melee attack - Diamond Soul - Melee attack - Blow spark - Melee attack"

Detonating sparks, despite the relatively long animation, seems to count as an instant.

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    For some of us its limited to how many clients our pc or shop'top' can handle b:surrender
    cause you know.. **** 2 clients...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Additional findings:
    Using 2 instant skills after eachother causes the autoculty to freeze up. It also causes the combo in general to freeze up, so it's probably a client issue. This can be fixed by setting the combo up like:
    "Melee attack - Alter Marrow - Melee attack - Diamond Soul - Melee attack - Blow spark - Melee attack"

Detonating sparks, despite the relatively long animation, seems to count as an instant.

More than likely the problem with that is there is probably no cool down timer between skill usage so the bot error's out or something. I just use auto attacks and bp buff and bp buff does not always work. I change the timer from 59 mins to 10 just to make sure i have a better chance of being rebuffed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    This is just really really fail... LOOOOL

First they nerfed drop rates, then 3 star decomposition, then DQ20 and 31, then they nerfed up to 71, then removed some mats from the game I heard, and nerfing JJ.

Now they add auto cultivation (botting), weren't the devs saying something that they were fighting against botting? I just knew it was a bunch of hogwash. WTG Developers, congratulations!
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    A very annoying feature is that the bot will get stuck shooting at a resetting (stuck in landscape) mob forever

wasted a LOT of my ammo doing that

With regard to instant skills, it's been well known that instant skills end a macro. Thus the bot will also end if you put in an instant skill
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2013
    Which brings us to finding 3:
    Narrower area which is in -open- space with no obstacles helps lots. Law of chance says that if you play a long time, a small chance of getting stuck will become an almost certainty.

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So, I tried out this bot. It's nice to use when I'd otherwise be AFK or watching youtube, however being on a PvP server means I constantly get harassed by a certain sin looking to steal my DQ mats using Spoils of War. Luckily, I have dolls ;3 I'm sure being bluename on a PvE server will be much more advantageous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited December 2013
    Another don't-do:
    Don't add instant-type skills in the mix and then minimize the client. This will freeze up autoculti. However, using standard skills doesn't seem to have this problem...

Minimizing the client does seem to slow both your attack rate and movement speed a lot though.

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    HT has arcane classes auto cultivating avalanche crushers and other melee only ares...dont do this youre either an *** or an idiot
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    HT has arcane classes auto cultivating avalanche crushers and other melee only ares...dont do this youre either an *** or an idiot
    think of it as a parking spot. ....or a cat in a box. "If it fits, i sits"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Zenzoa - Sanctuary
    Zenzoa - Sanctuary Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Which brings us to finding 3:
    Narrower area which is in -open- space with no obstacles helps lots. Law of chance says that if you play a long time, a small chance of getting stuck will become an almost certainty.

That is why my sin is using a macro with 'Shadow Teleport' and 'Normal Attack'.
    I tried it with 'Shadow Jump' but that will make it stop working.
    So now if my sin gets stuck between a pile of rocks or whatever... he will free himself as soon as there spawns a mob nearby and I don't have cooldown on my 'Shadow Teleport'.
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have been using the autobot with some success..found a nice spot tucked away that isn't quest monsters. I usually have it on while I am doing other stuff and always checking to make sure my toon is ok.

The only problem I have had is other people coming into the area and trying to KS and pick up my drops or other botters who have set their area too large. I have mine set for 50 and have no problems finding stuff to kill, the other day I had a sin and archer coming in and out. The area that they were botting in was huge. Please don't be greedy, annoying since no one was there when I started, come back 1 hour later and 3 people are botting around me.

Also have seen some rude players from a certain faction purposely killing everything the botter tried to kill. Saw this happen twice to two different players in the same area by the same faction. I am now on the look out for anyone botting from that faction and intend to repay their kindness.
  • Jayzeejay - Lost City
    Jayzeejay - Lost City Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is there a way to use mp and hp healing pots? I know clerics and mystics have healing skills so that would work. f:confused
    ~ 1 x Assassin ~
    - 1 x Mystic -
    ~ 1 x Barb ~
    - 1 x Seeker -
    ~ 2 x Cleric ~
    b:pleased
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited January 2014
    Is there a way to use mp and hp healing pots? I know clerics and mystics have healing skills so that would work. f:confused

you can with the autopot stone. That is what the greyed out assisting setting item is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For a Mystic it' probably be simpler to just put Clear Thoughts, triplespark and one of the healing skills (I'd recommend Falling Petals) in your main attack combo. That'll regenerate both health and mana at a rapid rate. Use low mana skills that generate a lot of chi, to selfreplenish.
  • kaylam1821
    kaylam1821 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    the first few times i used the auto cultivation it worked great, but the last few times i try to use it, it just port me to the closest city with in the first 30 minutes even though my time is set for 1000 minutes, does anyone know what im doing wrong?
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know what YOU did specifically, but I also teleported out with one of my trials. What happened was an alt was on vortex, and the second botter was to be set with 'pick up all' but as soon as I started the second bott it teleported - turned out the weapon it was using was broken - ie 0/400 durability and this caused it to teleport.
This discussion has been closed.