Auto Cultivation (Bot) Thread - Best Practices

Options
Salari - Raging Tide
Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
I made this thread for posting your best used practices on using this new feature (while it lasts) This thread is not on the morals of botting, just your ideas on how to make the bot more efficient in gathering coins.

So I did my test with the new bot and dropped in between 2 other (pre pwi-bot) bots in heaven to see how much coin I could gather while I was at work.

So the bot itself seems to walk a pattern(or atleast try) within a given area (meters) and search for something to kill. This is very inefficient, but that is for a different thread.

I knew since it picks up everything or just coins I would need to figure out a way to limit what the bot picked up. So what i did is let it run for a bit to get enough dq that would fill up my bag along with a few other stackable items... potions blue jades and Superior Leather. I could have included compact glaze, but I did not get any in the short time i stocked up the bot.

Since at this time, the bot is not smart enough yet (or enabled) to sell items, repair filter specific drops ect... picking anything else up off the ground is useless as it just takes up space (in theory see below).

My conclusions

This feature is really neat and does have some downsides. The main one being lowering the value of coins once more people begin to use the bot. Meaning the price of items will artificially inflate just like during 2x when tt/lunar mats can lower because of the influx of mats.

After letting the bot run for 11.5 hours (time i went to work till i finally got home) I had around 7m coins after selling my dq mats. I kept the pots/leathers(resale later)/jades. The bot had already stopped because my weapon hit 0 so I have no idea how long the bot botted (lol). I think I estimated a bot could make around 10m per 12 hours of botting on 100+ mobs at my toons dmg lvl during 2x. On the leopardis' I average 3-4 hits per kill and guesstimated my mob/min and went from there averaging in coins/mob ect. I also did not take into account that the "other" bots can repair/sell off items which make them more efficient.

Seeing that there was 2 other bots in the area and we did cross paths, and we each tried to steal drops when we were close, my toon probably ran out of steam not to long before I got home. I did not fill up all the slots with dq so i could probably lower that down quite a bit and let the bot pick up everything but in 10-12 hour period we are only talking about 1-200k extra in coins. Its a toss up on if its worth it or not.

So here we have it

1. Is this good for PWI economy wise: Yes and No
2. Is this good for farming dropped mats for resale: Yes
3. Is this good for low level leveling: Yes
4. Is this good for high level leveling: Yes and No, Yes as you can gain more afk exp than the other option in Warsong, No as Awakening made this irrelevant. Side Note: at 53% to 103, it would take around 1 year and 200k mob kills during 2x to level 24/7 botting.
5. Was this a good thing for the game as a whole: Yes I think so, it levels the playing field for people to farm more coins easier.
6. Should PWE add a cash shop item to renew the Timer: I would say yes and no. it would really depend on the percentage of players that actually use this feature a lot for the purpose of building capital. I think having the cash shop item would help keep the balance of the f2p users with the p2w users.

Ending Notes.

Even though PWI can be slow to handling botting complaints, there are not a whole lot of bots in the game compared to the user base of PWI and other games. So this could very well effect the economy greatly. How much? Only time will tell.

Thanks for reading b:thanks
Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
Post edited by Salari - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    What... Really? >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • bluesmist
    bluesmist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I still have not got the hang of it, how long can someone run the bot for? 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    bluesmist wrote: »
    I still have not got the hang of it, how long can someone run the bot for? 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year?

check the bot every now and then and repair if needed sell of your drops, start back again. This is all under the assumption that the timer resets after maint.
    What... Really? >_>

yes its in the release notes and probably why most of the botters are still around
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I played around with it. Like the new autopath, its a bit glitchy.

Does work in FCC, but not worth it since you'll get stuck on every wall ever.

Main reason I use it is to pick up coin drops.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    6. Should PWE add a cash shop item to renew the Timer: I would say yes and no. it would really depend on the percentage of players that actually use this feature a lot for the purpose of building capital. I think having the cash shop item would help keep the balance of the f2p users with the p2w users.

LMFAO hahahaha hahahahaha b:bye

*Nothing to do on forums today*
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    it will change the economy yes, i make investments already :)
    the main problem here is Multi client. me and my gf use same ip ofc and have 2 chars each i have 1 for auto botting 1 catshop and is ok...

BUT
    if you make 20 accounts, all lvl 100 + or even lvl 50 + and you put all 20 accounts on auto bot imagine the income you get and how much more u make then all the other people following the rules and having only 2 chars online at a time.. its similar like having 20 catshops running but instead u dont need basic money and its a failsafe way of making coins..

i think this will be a problem.
    for the game it might look like its an active game alot of ppl playing like thousands of people online.. but it puts others at big disadvantage with this new feature :) however its interesting how the game is changing overall i like it :)
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Um... If you put straight 9's in, it sets for 166 hours, 39 minutes. There are 168 hours in a week. Maintenance happens every Tuesday. And that's usually about 2 hours. An item to renew the timer would be um... A waste of money.
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Um... If you put straight 9's in, it sets for 166 hours, 39 minutes. There are 168 hours in a week. Maintenance happens every Tuesday. And that's usually about 2 hours. An item to renew the timer would be um... A waste of money.

You are assuming it does in fact allow you to add new time after the maintenance. It would be nothing to change the textbox to only accept an item to renew x amount of minutes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kazeodori - Heavens Tear
    Kazeodori - Heavens Tear Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out why you'd need to add more time with an item!
    If you stop the auto-culti, and then restart it, the timer begins all over again. There is no point to adding time, the auto-cultivation does not have any limits other than a full week. At which point, you'll get disconnected because the servers shut down. Then you have to log in again and turn it back on.

At what point do you really need the game to add more time?
    If you bite some one, they get mad and smack you.
    But if you lick them, you still get the flavor.
    And they think you're weird.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There really is no point to adding more time anyway because the bot will stop when your weapon durability has hit 0 as Salari has stated. Also this bot seems to freeze when certain skills are used. So far I have been unsuccessful using the Veno skill Soul Transfusion without having the bot freeze up on me, macroed or not. I'm testing other skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Connera - Heavens Tear
    Connera - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This was a very well thought out thread. It's rare to find something that is to this quality.
    I'm hated by former friends, entire factions, PWE, and people I've never met before. I'm hated on servers I've never logged onto.

... and I honestly wasn't even trying.

Enrage has nothing on me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    LOL, that's Sal for ya b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out why you'd need to add more time with an item!
    If you stop the auto-culti, and then restart it, the timer begins all over again. There is no point to adding time, the auto-cultivation does not have any limits other than a full week. At which point, you'll get disconnected because the servers shut down. Then you have to log in again and turn it back on.

At what point do you really need the game to add more time?

You are basing that that on how the bot behaves now. The dev's have a good reputation of not fully implementing additions to the game mainly to test certain aspects of the game. This bot could be just a working version to be updated later. There is no telling what the next patch to the game could include.

The meridan system is a good example of this. You can still get pills, but not near the amount before.
    LOL, that's Sal for ya b:victory

Thanks b:thanks

Well after awakening I am upto level 74 now. I tried other place my level range on the world map and the bot kept dying out because of not having enough mobs. So I am back in heaven on the leoparidis' again. Not doing anywhere near the damage as before so I think I am doing about half the amount of coins as before.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Connera - Heavens Tear
    Connera - Heavens Tear Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what do you think about botting?
    I'm hated by former friends, entire factions, PWE, and people I've never met before. I'm hated on servers I've never logged onto.

... and I honestly wasn't even trying.

Enrage has nothing on me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    SweetieBot, what do you think about botting?
    Do you accept that I am a thinking entity?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    check the bot every now and then and repair if needed sell of your drops, start back again. This is all under the assumption that the timer resets after maint.

See this
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yes I know you can reset the timer, the timing mech I mentioned has to do with the future not the here and now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rutaett - Sanctuary
    Rutaett - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    There really is no point to adding more time anyway because the bot will stop when your weapon durability has hit 0 as Salari has stated. Also this bot seems to freeze when certain skills are used. So far I have been unsuccessful using the Veno skill Soul Transfusion without having the bot freeze up on me, macroed or not. I'm testing other skills.

Summer sprint also seems to freeze it, for me it does at least.
  • csquaredthethird
    csquaredthethird Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Any skills without channel/cast time freeze the macro.
  • Seekring - Archosaur
    Seekring - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    lag seems to freeze it too
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    They need to tweak it a bit b:surrender
    it returns to town even without the weapon at 0
    maybe im doing it wrong...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Incansin - Archosaur
    Incansin - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    yea it town teles me just about every time it cools down so i get about an hr of time in b4 im in town
    when life gives you lemons...
    PAINT THAT S*** GOLD!!!!!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yeah you need to be around a lot of mobs, ones with quick spawn times or it will die out because it did not find any mobs within a certain time period. If it is dying out either find a new location or expand the radius you are farming in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Yeah you need to be around a lot of mobs, ones with quick spawn times or it will die out because it did not find any mobs within a certain time period. If it is dying out either find a new location or expand the radius you are farming in.
    100meters isnt enough? b:surrender
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

I left my radius on 50 m i think and it worked fine. When the mobs werent respawned yet, it just walked some steps for and back till they respawned. I just noticed that problem with flying mobs.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    how do you activate it? I saw it once but never again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited December 2013
    Options
    100meters isnt enough? b:surrender

I had mine at 120 at the mobs at the exit of hell and ran out of mobs b:cry. So I went back to heaven on the 104 mobs, they eat up my dq charms have about the same exp ( i am lvl 86 atm) but take longer to kill because of the level range.

To the other poster control + F12 to open the window, do your settings and such then save it. F12 starts the bot afterwards. I found some bugs if you start the bot with the window open, so i just close it and hit F12 and it starts right up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    the op admitted to using bots to test the culti bot, why arent they banned, simple answer, cash players can do as they please as usual
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Options
    the op admitted to using bots to test the culti bot, why arent they banned, simple answer, cash players can do as they please as usual

The OP found two bots from before this system and put the new system to wok inbetween them. Not a thing was said about the OP using a bot of their own.

They haven't been banned because other people are capable of reading and using their brains.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited December 2013
    Options
    need to combine the power of 'brain' to find out who evil kossy truly is :E
This discussion has been closed.