Though experiment: Crossbow DPH sage archer

Options
Walpurga - Dreamweaver
Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Archer
So I was selling reroll services for a crossbow and got +max phys atk, crit and dex, a pretty solid roll, which got me to start thinking about crossbows, which led me to try figure out the math of archer skillspam the last few days during Kindrid faction Trials (where 2x skill damage and mana regen makes skillspam better dps on non-aps toons)

Assume all fast archer skills are equal in damage to autoattacks (which they are)

Assume the fastest skills are quickshot, instant take aim, knockback arrow, DoT arrows, and Frost Arrow, all of which have a uniform attack rate of 1 atk per (1.0 (channel)+ 0.6(cast)) = 0.62, or, the crossbow base attack rate, and instant take aim having a 0.6 second casting time, giving it a 1/0.6 = 1.67 aps, 66.67% faster than base crossbow speed.

Hypothesis:
Insert as many take aims as possible into a skill rotation, and the speed of take aim pulls the attack time of the entire rotation down, thus boosting APS significantly.

Proposed rotation: Quickshot--instant take aim (combined damage; total 2.2 seconds spent, quickshot has been on CD for 2.2 seconds out of 3, take aim, .6 seconds out of 3)--knockback arrow/serrated arrow/poison arrow/frost arrow, whichever is off CD (3.8 seconds past, Quickshot is off CD, take aim has been on CD for 2.2 seconds)--Quickshot(5.4 seconds have passed, QS on CD for 1.6 seconds, Take Aim Off CD)--Take aim and rinse and repeat

Dividing this up thus into 2 stages: Quickshot+Take Aim and Filler. From QS to filler is 3.8 seconds for 3 attacks, 3/3.8 = 0.7894 ~ 0.8 aps, 0.8 aps/0.62 = a 27.33% aps boost over crossbow base (17.83% boost over bow base, and 11.19% boost over slingshot base.)

Considering the fact that crossbow has the highest base avg. damage and highest base spike damage and the fact that continuously using quickshot every 3.8 seconds will allow a sage archer to permanently maintain the +20% crit boost,

Example archer

avg dph 14895.5
base crit 24%
90 atk levels
0.62 aps

Base dps = 21758.15

with proposed rotation

avg dph 14895.5
base crit 44%
90 atk levels
0.80 aps

New dps = 32603.27

32603.27/21758.15= 1.4984 = 50% dps buff

gg rerolling crossbow?

*Does not apply to R9 gear
Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
Post edited by Walpurga - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    don't you use Stun?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Thought experiment; I'm considering non-0.62 aps skills as external to not overly complicate the math. Furthermore this is only dps filler and stuns would not be a part of it.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    When you take into account base dps, and then use quickshot in your calculation, the crit raise alone will raise dps. I'm demon, and I always incorporate quickshot and stun, for the aps and crit raise, instead of just auto attacking, and I occasionally thought in instantcast take aim for the chi boost for more often sparking.
    Most people don't just auto attack once they have demon skills, unless they are afk, and that should be taken into account with your calculators for the base
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]