Sirens on Linux

Options
13»

Comments

• Ubuntu_CZ - Archosaur
    Ubuntu_CZ - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    OK, trying to update to 13.04..... We'll see. Really do not want to buy crossover and not really sure if does it work anyway
  • Trem_mys - Harshlands
    Trem_mys - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    hi i have that same issue of ? icons because ie8, i did read winehq webpage for correct wine version and extras but when i try to install ie8 it says my system its 64 bits and i cant install it. any idea how to solve this?
  • Ubuntu_CZ - Archosaur
    Ubuntu_CZ - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Yeah, it may be the thing why it does not work for us. Exactly the same problem....
  • Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary
    Ufoundwaldo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OK Guys. Free way is now working.

Step 1: install Playonlinux
    Step 2: update Playonlinux to new version (http://www.playonlinux.com/en/download.html)
    Step 3: install Internet explorer 8
    Step 4: change the wine version to 1.7.8
    Step 5: go to pwi website and download arc (if you are using you existing installation you can now run your installation within the internetexplorer 8 POL without doing anything else.)
    Step 6: install non-supported application to you internet explorer 8 pol. Once arc runs it will start to download and install PWI.
    Step 7: Play

Not able to access the meridian system yet. Video coming soon, I am making it right now. :>)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    OK Guys. Free way is now working.

Step 2: update Playonlinux to new version (http://www.playonlinux.com/en/download.html)
    Step 5: go to pwi website and download arc (if you are using you existing installation you can now run your installation within the internetexplorer 8 POL without doing anything else.)
    Step 6: install non-supported application to you internet explorer 8 pol. Once arc runs it will start to download and install PWI.
    Step 7: Play

Not able to access the meridian system yet. Video coming soon, I am making it right now. :>)

Failure :(
    rCt17LR.png
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Failure :(
    rCt17LR.png

http://youtu.be/C3vbsA15iOc

Trust me, the steps I have work. couple small changes.

Step 7: Run from, arc or create shortcut to launcher.exe, to update only. Hitting play did not work for me.
    Step 8: Create a shortcut to elementclient.exe and play game from this shortcut

Not able to access the meridian system yet.

[IMG][/img]Screenshotfrom2013-12-11161750_zps85c06ee5.png
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Fixed it! My IE8 install was messed up.
    zkiUT5y.jpg

I'm actually using PlayOnMac which seems to be the same thing as PlayOnLinux. Very nice. I'll see what I can do about the meridian window. I know a bit about navigating the UI code.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited December 2013
    Options
    let me know what you find out. I am busy at work and don't have time to keep relaunching the game for testing. b:pleased
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Options
    let me know what you find out. I am busy at work and don't have time to keep relaunching the game for testing. b:pleased

I was able to take a look at it and it's pretty clear what the problem is. That button uses some sort of alpha channel to specify what the clickable region is. Like if you try to click the area between the legs of that figure in the inventory window it doesn't work. Wine apparently can't load this mask properly and so none of the button is actually clickable.

Inside interfaces.pck is interfaces/version01/inventory_f.xml or interfaces/version01/inventory_m.xml (depending on character gender)
    Here's the problematic code
    <STILLIMAGEBUTTON Name="Btn_Meridians" x="112" y="58" Width="110" Height="189"[COLOR="Red"] Anomaly="true"[/COLOR]>
    		<Text FontSize="15"/>
    		<Resource>
    			<FrameUpImage FileName="version01\&#21253;&#35065;&#26639;\&#22899;-1.tga"/>
    			<FrameDownImage FileName="version01\&#21253;&#35065;&#26639;\&#22899;-3.tga"/>
    			<FrameOnHoverImage FileName="version01\&#21253;&#35065;&#26639;\&#22899;-2.tga"/>
    		</Resource>
    	</STILLIMAGEBUTTON>

That Anomaly="true" attribute` is what tells it to load the clicking mask. Removing that bit:
    yslcYaW.jpg
    and it works!

Here's the fixed interfaces.pck. It's for v760 and goes in the element directly. This fix will break the next time they make update to that file.

I'll try to think of a more permanent solution. You seem more knowledgable about wine than me though.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    edited December 2013
    Options
    now can we fix that god awfull font. ROFL
  • Eklykti - Dreamweaver
    Eklykti - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Here's the problematic code

Thank you. I created a dirty **** for Wine to workaround this. More info in another thread at http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=20929541#post20929541