Options
    -snip-

Okay i lied, i dont really care why he went sage ;-;
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

He went sage for TW. Moving on...

Hmm hmm, well as far as as clerics go, Kevvy seems decent enough. I have seen most of his videos, you know, though I appreciate the thoughtfulness with which you assumed that I was an ignoramus. (I wonder though, can the same be said of you? Have you looked at my videos?) Indeed. I didn't say he wasn't good... but if he's only 101, he probably doesn't care about his character as much as I do, or he's uninformed. There are good reasons to be lvl 105.

Why 105? For all of the reasons faceroll mentioned. I've always believed that the details are what separates the average player from the good one. This isn't just details in gameplay, but the 'details' in how one prepares their character. The 'details' person cares about whether they have 7, or 8 skills on their genie. The 'details' person cares about being able to put belief + absolute domain onto same genie (a powerful combination that only 105s can use), and also cares about the superior stats lvl 105 NW apoths give. The 'details' person cares very much about exposing 105 archers and assassins who stealth. Allowing an archer to stealth on you with you having no recourse is just... asking to die. Archers remain a cleric's biggest adversary in group situations, and an archer you can't see can easily double/triple spark in stealth (you can't see the animation of it) and kill you before you can react. And, as an afterthought almost, the extra stat points are nice as well.

Completely on topic now :P

In your later fights against the veno, faceroll, I think you've gotten better at judging the 'safe' distance from the veno. From what I can see, your safe zone against a veno is between 20 and 30 meters. In that range, you are stronger than the veno, but further or closer in, you tend to be weaker. You strive to keep up with the veno enough to avoid having her respawn her pet, but you also need to kite back out of the sub-15 meter range of the fox form skills, in particular, chi burn, soul degeneration, and the other chi-stealing debuff.

I'm a bit baffled as to why it is proving so difficult to kill her with the basic undine strike > spark > fire skills. Somehow the damage seems to glance off of her, and I'm not sure why. Your spark should be ready to use much sooner than her belief can recharge... spark has less than half the energy cost. Has her gear improved a lot recently? I see you attempt the spark combo time and time again, and it just never works. Is she purifying off debuffs somehow? Is her weapon being super lucky for her? What are your thoughts?

From what I understand, a veno's pet buffs automatically upon being summoned. Useful new feature. I know sometimes you aoe as soon as the pet has respawned, and if you are lucky, it crits and one-shots the veno pet. However, in those cases where you can't get 2 aoes, and the first didn't crit, the pet gets the buffs and lives, then you get stunned. I wonder if, in those cases (usually at this point veno hasn't come within 20m of you yet) couldn't you try harder to select the veno's pet before it stuns you, by clicking the small pet icon on veno's name?

Oh yeah, and I still haven't heard back from you regarding crown of flames. Does it do big dmg against veno pets? I'd love to find out. I'll never have trouble killing a veno's pet again, ever since I learned how hard mark of weakness hits them for...
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Is she purifying off debuffs somehow? Is her weapon being super lucky for her? What are your thoughts?

Sage summer sprint purifies, 60 second cooldown. That might be it.
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    AuRaGeN - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

He went sage for TW. Moving on...

Hmm hmm, well as far as as clerics go, Kevvy seems decent enough. I have seen most of his videos, you know, though I appreciate the thoughtfulness with which you assumed that I was an ignoramus. (I wonder though, can the same be said of you? Have you looked at my videos?) Indeed. I didn't say he wasn't good... but if he's only 101, he probably doesn't care about his character as much as I do, or he's uninformed. There are good reasons to be lvl 105.

This is why i ask if people are incapable of reading, i guess now i know my answer.

Okay so you skipped the first part, of my original reply towards you, because you're wrong.

So then, by posting that he is 101 and therefore probably doesn't care about his char, what were you trying to achieve? lol (Especially when you're pretty wrong) You literally steer the discussion into a completely new and irrelevant direction because you have no clue what you're talking about in your wall of text/trying to sound smart (top kek)

Also lol, a lot of posts on these forums are discussing the game or tactics/strategy. You will only get better by playing a lot and putting yourself in different situations, playing outside your comfort zone etc.. EP is honestly the easiest class to play. It's easy to type walls of text on a forum to make it look like you know what you're actually talking about. But then i watch your vids and become sad because this forum does not have an Ignore feature.

Seriously don't edit my post because im replying to someone..

ON TOPIC:

Nice music.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Sage summer sprint purifies, 60 second cooldown. That might be it.

Yes that has to be it. The undine strike was disappearing at key moments before faceroll was doing his spark debuff. Probably she has a good idea of when he'll try it... anytime her hp gets too near half and her heals are on cd. Perhaps facerolls needs to risk doing the spark debuff closer to her max hp, and then hoping for a crit? If he tries it at the 'best bypass odds', the chance is also higher that veno will feel nervous and either run out of range, or purify off the debuff.

Edit: I just thought of this. Veno is probably cycling between belief and summer sprint. With a high magic, high vit genie, its entirely possible that the veno could purify off every spark combo, if she can predict when it is coming. That, and cycling between immune to dmg, and running out of range for those moments of vulnerability till summer sprint or belief is back, is probably what accounts for the difficulty in using the spark debuff combo.

Also, I can't say why but a certain poster above reminds me strongly of a tiny dog. You know the type---cute, scruffy little buggers, who 'yip yip yip' all the time when they see somebody strolling by outside of the fence. But just watch that little dog now yelp in terror if you make a move for it! Truly the expression 'all bark no bite' came from such little dogs, bless their hearts.

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    AuRaGeN - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    too easyyyyyyy
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Oh yeah, and I still haven't heard back from you regarding crown of flames. Does it do big dmg against veno pets? I'd love to find out. I'll never have trouble killing a veno's pet again, ever since I learned how hard mark of weakness hits them for...

I replied on video, or tried too (you should also check out the 2 hit by magic bypass example, i think you were the one asking about that before, not sure though), i dont get this google+ thing.. so bad w/ computers (the irony). and yes i mentioned in vid description (the super long one... they're all super long lol) he is using sage summer sprint to purify very effectively, also is probably manually using def charms (instead of being lazy :3).

I wish there were more channeling wizards (and you dont have to be instant). cause I feel like I have obtained an amazing raw material but am not a skilled enough craftsmen to really make it shine its kinda frustrating actually. anyways I post these videos to show people that this option exists, if they are interested in trying it out.

I have been working on channeling build wizard for like the past ~2.5 years (shameless plug of old vids). while it was fun/interesting was never able to compete gearwise w/ top tier opponents if you go the demon quaff route...gear swap makes a "viable" end game channeling build too bad that somewhere along the way i forgot how to play "standard wizard," actually I never had to learn that in the first place =P. lowest channeling I ever had was ~60% base + quaff :S.

anyways to all the haters thank you, you are amazing people that make me feel so b:cool
    YOLO \o/
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I replied on video, or tried too (you should also check out the 2 hit by magic bypass example, i think you were the one asking about that before, not sure though), i dont get this google+ thing.. so bad w/ computers (the irony). and yes i mentioned in vid description (the super long one... they're all super long lol) he is using sage summer sprint to purify very effectively, also is probably manually using def charms (instead of being lazy :3).

I wish there were more channeling wizards (and you dont have to be instant). cause I feel like I have obtained an amazing raw material but am not a skilled enough craftsmen to really make it shine its kinda frustrating actually. anyways I post these videos to show people that this option exists, if they are interested in trying it out.

I have been working on channeling build wizard for like the past ~2.5 years (shameless plug of old vids). while it was fun/interesting was never able to compete gearwise w/ top tier opponents if you go the demon quaff route...gear swap makes a "viable" end game channeling build too bad that somewhere along the way i forgot how to play "standard wizard," actually I never had to learn that in the first place =P. lowest channeling I ever had was ~60% base + quaff :S.

anyways to all the haters thank you, you are amazing people that make me feel so b:cool
    YOLO \o/

MrZlock probably has a really, really, really low ping. And you are right, too much channeling actually makes it more difficult sometimes. My ping is slower than my reaction time/ability to put my gear back in. For normal fighting I can get by with 350-400ms ping, but with -98% channeling gear, even though my skill Tempest has a whopping 4s channel time, I cannot put the r9rr gear back in fast enough before channeling ends (at -98% the channeling is under 0.1s), which is why I don't switch out r9 belt when doing tempest (this means its *only* -92% channeling, around 0.3s channeling, but its still faster than anybody can avoid by watching for the animation).

Fortunately, as a cleric, my channeling is already plenty high without putting in a single piece of 'channeling' gear (around 60 or so with magic shell). This is one thing that people forget about clerics and mystic. What we lack in dph, we make up for partly in channeling speed.

Ah yeah, divine pyrogram would be a good one to use channeling on for sure. Glad to see you've started using it for heals as well. I think it'd be super cool if you use that occasionally in group fights to top somebody up who is about to die. Wizard heal is very powerful.

Also yeah normally I get a little notification when somebody replies to a comment, so I thought you hadn't replied. I'll go check.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

• Kalishana - Archosaur
    Kalishana - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Actually, what I'm quite interested is how you can macro gear? I've tried dragging gear ontop my macros but they dont seem to work and then I end up having to switch my gears out one at a time, which is kind of slow...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvy for the signature b:laugh.
  • Ocypete - Lost City
    Ocypete - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Actually, what I'm quite interested is how you can macro gear? I've tried dragging gear ontop my macros but they dont seem to work and then I end up having to switch my gears out one at a time, which is kind of slow...

Gaming keyboard/mouse. They work wonders, and so many different macros you can program.

Crown of Flames hits the nix real hard. Mine is demon and it will take a nix out in 1-2 ticks after first hit.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Gaming keyboard/mouse. They work wonders, and so many different macros you can program.

Crown of Flames hits the nix real hard. Mine is demon and it will take a nix out in 1-2 ticks after first hit.

maybe if the nix doesn't have mdef buff.. with mdef buff crown of flames hits it very little :/
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    DoTs deal full damage to veno pets. I just Thunderball and nix is dead after a few ticks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm fairly sure Protect reduces DoT damage from last time I did any testing but I'd have to re-check that. No time to do it though, maybe later by the end of the week.
    Mark of Weakness should deal full damage though.

Phoenix is kinda meh to test on however. Monkey has considerable better survival.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm fairly sure Protect reduces DoT damage from last time I did any testing but I'd have to re-check that. No time to do it though, maybe later by the end of the week.
    Mark of Weakness should deal full damage though.

Phoenix is kinda meh to test on however. Monkey has considerable better survival.

Mark of Weakness counts as a DoT. Same with Absorb Soul, Blade Tornado, and of course Telekinesis. This is why they do full damage through Bless status (Invoke/SoG/etc.).

The nix I kind of tested it on spur of the moment in pvp had Protect and belonged to a r9rr +10 or +11 veno that I think has at least half vit stones sharded. I haven't gear checked her in awhile. But the nix kept dying to Thunderball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I just tested against a veno with monkey that had the mdef buff, I tried undine -> crown and it hit initially for ~1k and then ticked ~1.3k each time. If you are trying to kill the monkey, crown is certainly a good idea.. but you will need to follow up with some other stuff to actually kill it (maybe undine crown the pet, fow veno and hit the pet another time or two?).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I'm actually not able to test vs. a monkey myself since I'm pretty sure none of the venos on the server that have it have Protect learned on it for some reason besides one veno that I can just two shot anyway without bothering with her pet. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Well, a DoT will still kill Monkey even with Protect but unlike other situations (Phoenix, non-Protect Monkey etc.) it should take more ticks giving room for a quick pet heal. Other skills Eoria mentioned are the exception. This is basically what happened last time I used it but I was using Venomancer DoTs. Not sure if DoTs of other classes are stronger. Hmm, probably Psychic ones.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★