1v1 vids.

FaceRolI - Sanctuary
FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Wizard
Since our last wizard pk video thread is gone and my last thread got locked (i dont mind), I made a new thread, which helps keep forum cleaner/more organized xD. This is not the new wizard pk vid thread, though would b cool if some1 did want to make that, i dont... wouldnt ever update it or anything XD

Wizard vs Seeker 2
Glass Cannon vs Glass Cannon (Wiz vs str Barb)
Wizard vs Seeker

Been recording more pk (well i always record...) more like taking the time to make a vid. >_>

Still feels a bit weird as sage, love the chi though, to me sage seems like... you take a normal wizard and then turn it into super wizard, a more powerful version of itself. Whereas demon felt like... you take a normal wizard that makes love to some majestic creature that lays an egg, and after 9 months an adorable magical freak hatchs... and thats basically a demon wizard ';..;'

maybe im not doing it right... but basically i 1) take face place on keyboard 2) roll face for big chi consuming atks 3) im sage unlimited chi ******* 4) repeat 5) order pizza

anyways hope you enjoy the videos.

p.s.
now that Ive used the words sage and demon in the same post this entire thread will be derailed... what gear should i use as a lvl 4? is HA good for tanking tt 1-1? do i get a physical ring or garnet shards? or garnet shard my magical ring!? how do i socket a ring!? amber shards FTW \o/
full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
Post edited by FaceRolI - Sanctuary on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I made a new thread,
    Yay!
    This is not the new wizard pk vid thread
    Boo!

Still feels a bit weird as sage, love the chi though, to me sage seems like... you take a normal wizard and then turn it into super wizard, a more powerful version of itself.
    Yay!
    Whereas demon felt like... you take a normal wizard that makes love to some majestic creature that lays an egg, and after 9 months an adorable magical freak hatchs... and thats basically a demon wizard ';..;'
    Bo-- wait wtf? Are you implying demon wizards are stormrage babies? b:shocked
    maybe im not doing it right... but basically i 1) take face place on keyboard 2) roll face for big chi consuming atks 3) im sage unlimited chi ******* 4) repeat 5) order pizza
    Yay pizza!
    now that Ive used the words sage and demon in the same post this entire thread will be derailed... what gear should i use as a lvl 4? is HA good for tanking tt 1-1? do i get a physical ring or garnet shards? or garnet shard my magical ring!? how do i socket a ring!? amber shards FTW \o/
    .... When that happens, I'm hiding in a secure underground bunker. This recent mess gives me enough issues as is. D:
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    AuRaGeN - Harshlands Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about not playing with scripts that enable you to switch between cast gears and 3rd cast in 1 sec...smh

Same **** kirby use vs Bait lel
  • RyougiShiki - Raging Tide
    RyougiShiki - Raging Tide Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    want to see this no channel wiz fighting a max'ed cleric or mystic f:angry
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    isnt this against tos?
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    want to see this no channel wiz fighting a max'ed cleric or mystic f:angry

There aren't any endgame mystics on server sorry. Will try to find a cleric.

"Chan" Veno pretty embarrassing play on my part, will make my haters happy atleast. (Do I have haters yet? I do right? b:cool #feelsocool)

• Pooooooooop - Lost City
    Pooooooooop - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lol what the heck with all these seekers using the wrong combos (phys) on wizards. they can easily 1 or 2 hit with metal combo.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There aren't any endgame mystics on server sorry. Will try to find a cleric.

"Chan" Veno pretty embarrassing play on my part, will make my haters happy atleast. (Do I have haters yet? I do right? b:cool #feelsocool)

I actually thought you played better in this video against the veno than in the other few videos I've watched (you vs seekers/barbs).
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It is an interesting case again of 'its hard to get better than your enemies'. In other words, you can't easily train yourself against stuff you've never seen. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) seekers on my server know to use metal, not physical, when gunning for me. So I've modified my style of fighting to include frequent hp top-ups and purifies to avoid those nasty metal zerk crits. Physical hits aren't usually a concern due to plume shell...I imagine it is similar for wizards due to earth barrier.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013

• mynameiswizy
    mynameiswizy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Good use of Soporofic Whisper.

yeah,
    Nice vid dude. b:pleased
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    lawl why isnt this guy banned yet?
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Apparently GMs are okay with people using 3rd party programz b:thanks
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Apparently GMs are okay with people using 3rd party programz b:thanks

Pretty sure if I wanted to set this up my keyboard has a few macro buttons. So you would just program it to be like ctrl-V, F1-f'w/e' ctrl-V. Instead of actually hitting the buttons.

Or am I missing something here. If this is really against the ToS can a mod can confirm this?
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    (a) WHEN USING THE SERVICES, THE SOFTWARE MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER'S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) AND/OR CPU PROCESSES FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE SOFTWARE. AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY "ADD-ON" OR "MOD," THAT IN PWE'S SOLE DETERMINATION: (i) ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE; (ii) ALLOWS USERS TO MODIFY OR **** THE SOFTWARE INTERFACE, ENVIRONMENT, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IN ANY WAY NOT EXPRESSLY AUTHORIZED BY PWE; OR (iii) INTERCEPTS, "MINES," OR OTHERWISE COLLECTS INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SOFTWARE. IN THE EVENT THAT THE SOFTWARE DETECTS AN UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM, IT MAY COMMUNICATE INFORMATION BACK TO PWE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION YOUR ACCOUNT NAME, DETAILS ABOUT THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM DETECTED, AND THE TIME AND DATE THE UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM WAS DETECTED

If your going to upload yourself cheating at least win majority of the time.
  • GodricGryff - Sanctuary
    GodricGryff - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    If your going to upload yourself cheating at least win majority of the time.

If you're* going to be sanctimonious, at least speak more gooder. b:laugh </irony>
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    From the block of all-caps text quoted, you cannot say that hardware-level macro-ing is not allowed. The text specifically references 'program' and 'software', which none of these devices are. But oh no, because you don't have a gaming keyboard, lets ban all gaming keyboards, and oh, don't forget the gaming mice and gaming pads while we are at it. Don't forget to turn a blind eye to the angry users who rely on these devices to, say, avoid carpal tunnel.

I've read the ToS on a number of occasions, and I'm pretty darn sure that PWE cannot dictate what piece of hardware we play this game on. PWI cannot tell me 'you must play this on a Windows computer' or 'only on a Mac'. PWI cannot tell me 'you cannot use a computer which has built-in hardware macroing'---at least, not as the ToS currently stand. Naturally, PWI reserves the right to do 'modify the ToS at any time for any reason good or bad' (paraphrasing), but at *this present time* there is nothing wrong with hardware-level macroing.

Instead of complaining, why don't you take this opportunity to improve your gameplay? If PWI ever decides to change their ToS and say 'nooo you can only play on Windows computer and use no hardware device to assist you in playing game' us players can either leave, or adapt. That is how it has always been and how it always will be, for as long as the game lasts.

Though as an aside... I imagine you'd find it much easier to complain and point fingers than to adapt. Judging by your level, you haven't seriously tried to improve your character as much as many others have. *Shrug*. Haters will hate.

Cheers.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    From the block of all-caps text quoted, you cannot say that hardware-level macro-ing is not allowed. The text specifically references 'program' and 'software', which none of these devices are. But oh no, because you don't have a gaming keyboard, lets ban all gaming keyboards, and oh, don't forget the gaming mice and gaming pads while we are at it. Don't forget to turn a blind eye to the angry users who rely on these devices to, say, avoid carpal tunnel.

I've read the ToS on a number of occasions, and I'm pretty darn sure that PWE cannot dictate what piece of hardware we play this game on. PWI cannot tell me 'you must play this on a Windows computer' or 'only on a Mac'. PWI cannot tell me 'you cannot use a computer which has built-in hardware macroing'---at least, not as the ToS currently stand. Naturally, PWI reserves the right to do 'modify the ToS at any time for any reason good or bad' (paraphrasing), but at *this present time* there is nothing wrong with hardware-level macroing.

Instead of complaining, why don't you take this opportunity to improve your gameplay? If PWI ever decides to change their ToS and say 'nooo you can only play on Windows computer and use no hardware device to assist you in playing game' us players can either leave, or adapt. That is how it has always been and how it always will be, for as long as the game lasts.

Though as an aside... I imagine you'd find it much easier to complain and point fingers than to adapt. Judging by your level, you haven't seriously tried to improve your character as much as many others have. *Shrug*. Haters will hate.

Cheers.

Gaming mice/keyboards implement the macros through software, so a case could easily be made to say it is against the TOS. That said, I think the TOS is a joke and literally anyone could be found in violation of at least some subjective/vague sentence in there (the prohibition of "harassment" is a common one they use.. harassment is never defined so they can apply it to just about anything).
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    If you're* going to be sanctimonious, at least speak more gooder. b:laugh </irony>

If you're going to post on these forums, at least post from your main..?

Cheers.

This was the post i laughed the most at.

First of all, your example was pretty bad. An operating system is not "hardware" nor is it relevant. Probably best to not use terms you're not familiar with.

You probably also shouldn't tell people to improve their gameplay, when they (Kevyy) are infact better than you at the classes he plays.

The last section of your post was the most **** bit of it all. "You're 101 so your char must not be very good". You should only really care about 105 if you're a sin or a perfectionist. Hitting 103 so that you deal full damage onto 105s is what a lot of people choose on. On top of that, one of his chars is nearly full 3rd JoSD, or so he tells me. That's pretty narrow-minded, judging someone on the level of their char. Though i'm not surprised, seeing as it came from a metal mage who plays PWI b:chuckle

Whether it's a macro from his keyboard or not (highly unlikely in this case), it still gives a pretty unfair advantage. Maybe the mage wouldn't of been able to tank the barb, while channeling MS, long enough in his normal gears.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2013
    Fun fact: Every video recorded of PWI was done using a third party program as PWI itself does not have an in-game recording feature.

Fun fact #2: If you feel someone has breached the ToS in some manner. What you're supposed to do is submit a ticket with detailed information and evidence supporting your claim. Not post about it on the forums.

Fun Fact #3: A gaming keyboard is a legitimate possibility and, if that were the case for this, is something that has been Given away by PWI itself. Guess what some functions that keyboard has include!

Long story short: If you feel this, or anything else you see on the forums, is a legitimate breach of the ToS... instead of posting about it submit a ticket. You could even notify a mod/CM about it too. However, these forums are not the place for the type of derail this topic has had.
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Fun fact: Every video recorded of PWI was done using a third party program as PWI itself does not have an in-game recording feature.

Don't be dumb. Using a screen capture program to record, does not impact gameplay in any unfair manner. Feel free to ban anyone who has ever made a PWI video on youtube.

Also, i never said programming macros was impossible. It's just highly unlikely to have a keyboard macro that is able to press F1-9, at the same time, in less than a second.

My point was that it gives an unfair advantage. Maybe if you knew anything about the game, in which you moderate the forums of, you could see that :X
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited December 2013

The last section of your post was the most **** bit of it all. "You're 101 so your char must not be very good". You should only really care about 105 if you're a sin or a perfectionist. Hitting 103 so that you deal full damage onto 105s is what a lot of people choose on.

To be fair, hitting 105 allows you to use a 105 genie (enough affinities to have both faith and domain on genie), allows you to see 105 sins/archers with a detection pot, and gives you the ability to use the 105 nw pot. If a 3 level gap in fact does affect the damage, it would mean you gain an advantage on anyone that is level 101/102 that you wouldn't have as level 103. The few extra stats are also nothing to scoff at either, if you figure some people engrave their rings for 9-11 stats and pay hundreds of millions of coin on emblems to get there.. you'd think a few weeks of pv would also be worth it (another 10 stats from 103 to 105). Although it probably isn't 100% necessary to hit level 105, the benefits are pretty appealing imo.
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    To be fair, hitting 105 allows you to use a 105 genie (enough affinities to have both faith and domain on genie), allows you to see 105 sins/archers with a detection pot, and gives you the ability to use the 105 nw pot. If a 3 level gap in fact does affect the damage, it would mean you gain an advantage on anyone that is level 101/102 that you wouldn't have as level 103. The few extra stats are also nothing to scoff at either, if you figure some people engrave their rings for 9-11 stats and pay hundreds of millions of coin on emblems to get there.. you'd think a few weeks of pv would also be worth it (another 10 stats from 103 to 105). Although it probably isn't 100% necessary to hit level 105, the benefits are pretty appealing imo.

Sure lol. If you play PWI daily then go for it. Leveling is only one part of your character, gear being another part.

She said: "Judging by your level, you haven't seriously tried to improve your character as much as many others have."

She hasn't seen his gear, only his avatar on forums. My point was that it isn't very fair to judge someone based on their level lol. I don't know why he isn't 105, nor do i care. I would choose a better player than a player who had 10 extra stats any day.

I also quit PWI before PV was introduced. The people who got 105 from the frost glitch were the only 105s on my server, everyone else was more concerned with getting 103. Now since PV was introduced and getting 105 is more realisitic, yeah you should probably aim for it.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    So you judge someone by their avatar, then condemn someone else for doing so.

Screen recording software is just as external as whatever it is you're whining about, and thus, on topic.

A gaming keyboard that allows programmable macros is just as much an "unfair advantage' as having a faster computer and/or internet connection.
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    So you judge someone by their avatar, then condemn someone else for doing so.

Screen recording software is just as external as whatever it is you're whining about, and thus, on topic.

A gaming keyboard that allows programmable macros is just as much an "unfair advantage' as having a faster computer and/or internet connection.

Are you slow? I watched her vids, more than enough proof for me ^_^

Please explain how Screen recording software impacts your gameplay to give an unfair advantage. I didn't realise that you PVE server warriors are incapable of reading and comprehending anything i type.

Programming a gaming keyboard to macro pressing F1-9 at the same time (in less than a second) is highly unlikely. Especially when you realise that it is not hard to write a script that could do that.

Learn how to read before replying to my post, thanks.
  • Sister_Warui - Raging Tide
    Sister_Warui - Raging Tide Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I didn't realise that you PVE server warriors are incapable of reading and comprehending anything i type.

Oh look. PvP/PvE server shots again. Like it correlates at all with a persons reading and comprehension level.

Need to win an argument? Start insulting people with unrelated (and incorrect) facts!
    Perfect Signature made by Silvy![SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RandomSin: Horu your wife is a murderer.
    Horugou: I know, Isn't it great? :D
    Reroll closed thread because necros suck. -Kossy
  • AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Oh look. PvP/PvE server shots again. Like it correlates at all with a persons reading and comprehension level.

Need to win an argument? Start insulting people with unrelated (and incorrect) facts!

How am i incorrect? lol
    He didn't read my posts properly. I never denied that using Fraps or any similar program is not "using 3rd Party Programs". That was never the point.

http://i.imgur.com/kdN2UbD.jpg

Keep em comingb:dirty
    edited December 2013
    How am i incorrect? lol
    He didn't read my posts properly. I never denied that using Fraps or any similar program is not "using 3rd Party Programs". That was never the point.

Keep em comingb:dirty

What one person does (or does not) do is not indicative of how entire servers (or server types in this case) behaves. Which you implied with 'you PVE server warriors'. The s on the end of warrior made is plural. No worries though. It took me a while to get it as well when I was learning English ^_^

• AuRaGeN - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    What one person does (or does not) do is not indicative of how entire servers (or server types in this case) behaves. Which you implied with 'you PVE server warriors'. The s on the end of warrior made is plural. No worries though. It took me a while to get it as well when I was learning English ^_^

Oh okay, so you're upset because i said pve server warriors.

Im sorry. b:cryb:surrender

Maybe try having useful input for this discussion, then i might take you seriously.
    edited December 2013
    ...Alright. Let me try here.
    AN "UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAM" AS USED HEREIN SHALL BE DEFINED AS ANY THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY "ADD-ON" OR "MOD," THAT IN PWE'S SOLE DETERMINATION: (i) ENABLES OR FACILITATES CHEATING OF ANY TYPE;

As linked (and still viewable) by OPkossy PWI has given away keyboards with the ability to set up macros as a useable feature.

THAT IN PWE'S SOLE DETERMINATION

Looks like they determined it was not cheating to use macro features built into a keyboard. As for you saying that writing script is what was done here...I will apologize to you for arguing with you when you were right if you can prove to me without a doubt that is what happened here. Because as it stands...there are legal 'PWI sole determined' options to do something like this.

• opkossy
    edited December 2013
    Enough is enough.

AuRaGeN, if you're so convinced that this is impossible to do without breaking ToS, submit a ticket. Otherwise, be quiet and stop derailing the thread and attacking others.

Everyone else, stop responding to AuRaGeN's off-topic posts and stick to the focus of the thread. This also means any of you who believe he's right are to submit tickets instead of dragging this out here.

Apparently my last post wasn't clear enough so consider this an official warning and decision on the matter. Continuing the derail, including any snide responses to this post, in this, or any other topic will be met an infraction and removal of the post(s) involved. Anyone who has a problem with that can take it up via PM.