DQ reward system gone. 17:31 gmt +1 13/12/06

Options
wiktor99rr
wiktor99rr Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
so when trying to access dq rewards page it turns all blank, does it do this for me only or for everyone?

Post edited by wiktor99rr on

Comments

• FistBabe - Sanctuary
    FistBabe - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Not blank for me

--- EDIT ---

Your transaction was successfully completed.

I can even still send rewards to my account.
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    DQ is going to be gotten rid of this month anyways.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    13/12/06
    stop that... -.-

month/date/year <--universal

not

year/month/date
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    13/12/06
    stop that... -.-

not

year/month/date

pff, yy/mm/dd is the **** b:angry
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
    edited December 2013
    Options
    pff, yy/mm/dd is the **** b:angry
    decipher this 09/12/12
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options
    decipher this 09/12/12

December 12th, 2009

Also, to prove my point http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601 =)
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    13/12/06
    stop that... -.-

not

year/month/date

The real standard is ISO 8601 format: yyyy-mm-dd
    EDIT: ninja'd
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • IeroyJenkins - Archosaur
    IeroyJenkins - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I always used yyyy-mm-dd because when you sort alphabetically, the dates sort correctly.
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    13/12/06
    stop that... -.-

not

year/month/date

Sorry, but mm/dd/yy is far from being universal. It's used in the US and Belize and a couple other countries. In Europe/Latin America/Africa and Asia the most used format is DD/MM/YY. The ISO system is YYYY-MM-DD.

MM/DD/YY also makes no sense. Why would the month come first, really?
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options

Well what can you really expect from a country that doesn't even use the "International System of Units" (SI)? b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Most of the time you don't care about the year because it is obvious so you say mm/dd. Month comes first because it's bigger than the day, just like how you say hh:mm when specifying a time. If you say dd/mm you're saying the least significant information first.

Also in the US you don't say "the 5th of December" nearly as much as you say "December 5th".
    Well what can you really expect from a country that doesn't even use the "International System of Units" (SI)? b:chuckle

If metric is so great how come no one uses metric time for anything past 1 second?
    Having seconds / minutes / hours is much more useful than having seconds / kiloseconds / megaseconds.

Metric is good for calculations but base 12 systems are much better at measurement.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Most of the time you don't care about the year because it is obvious so you say mm/dd. Month comes first because it's bigger than the day, just like how you say hh:mm when specifying a time. If you say dd/mm you're saying the least significant information first.

Also in the US you don't say "the 5th of December" nearly as much as you say "December 5th".

I don't see the day as less important than the month when you're specifying a date. Actually, the way I see, it's the most important. If you just wanted to say the month, then the month is more important. But if you need something precise, the day is more important.

I guess it has a lot of cultural influences and how we grow and learn to interpret time, something that maybe linguistics and anthropology may help explain, but meh. I have a hard understanding that, especially when you put the year last, starting my the middle. It's like, to follow your example, when saying it's "3:45:32 PM" to say "45:32:3 PM".
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Sorry, but mm/dd/yy is far from being universal. It's used in the US and Belize and a couple other countries. In Europe/Latin America/Africa and Asia the most used format is DD/MM/YY. The ISO system is YYYY-MM-DD.

Because when it comes to official documents, contracts, grants, etc start with MM/DD/YY aka
    December 6, 2013

its like using grammar.
    U <- peasants
    you <- proper documents
    Thou <- old english type documents
    just because txt talk is widely used does not mean its the proper one
    well its more than apparent youve never laid eyes on such documents
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Options

If metric is so great how come no one uses metric time for anything past 1 second?
    Having seconds / minutes / hours is much more useful than having seconds / kiloseconds / megaseconds.

Metric is good for calculations but base 12 systems are much better at measurement.

Point being it would be a lot easier to communicate if everyone used the same system of measurements. And since the US (alongside Burma and Liberia, if wikipedia is correct) is the only country in the world that still doesn't use the metric system as the official system of measurement, maybe it's time for a change?

(Although even in the US they use the metric system in industrial and scientific environments..)
    well its more than apparent youve never laid eyes on such documents

And that's where you're wrong (again) =)
    edited December 2013
    Options
    And that's where you're wrong (again) =)
    sorry but school reports dont count b:surrender if you were actually aware, such a comment would not have been made especially with Fists quote (hint), as there is a known and accepted fact about date usage in there that renders your first post pretty ignorant.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    we had this discussion before...
    americans tend to like to be the center of the world qq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Reading this Topic was like going on a adventure. o_o

To OP: DQ page still works on my side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2013
    Options
    we had this discussion before...
    americans tend to like to be the center of the world qq
    'merica is center of the universe scientifically proven wtf are you saying
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    LOL! you guys crack me up...
    carry on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • NottLie - Dreamweaver
    NottLie - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    DD/MM/YY b:bye
    edited December 2013
    Options
    DD/MM/YY b:bye
    bad dog, BAD!
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    13/12/06
    stop that... -.-

not

year/month/date

dd/mm/yyyy all the way.
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Everyone says Celsius, USA says Fahrenheint.
    Everyone says Meters, USA says Feets.
    Everyone says Kilometers, USA says Miles.
    Everyone says Kilos, USA says Pounds.
    Everyone says Centimeters, USA says Inches.

It's not only because English is the universal languange that you guys are the center of the world. :)
    Therefore... DD/MM/YYYY

b:bye
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

It's not only because English is the universal languange that you guys are the center of the world. :)
    Therefore... DD/MM/YYYY

The USA has selectively held on to its roots as a former Brittish Colony. We didnt invent any of those measurements as the result of becoming a 'melting pot' culture.

Its rather sad that Euro culture has not adopted an instant auto-size conversion when retailing fashion items in the USA. In many cases, the superior worksmanship and style of Euro goods (imo) is very attractive, but even with the conversion info available in chart form, its difficult for most Americans to 'impulsively' figure it out.

Although the modern daily USA date has become MM/DD/YYYY, in legal documents to this daywe have selectively retained the more eloquent sounding "signed this 7th day of December, in the year 2013" formatting.

+1 for melting pots...therefore MM/DD/YYYY.

b:chuckle
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    We are not talking about the past though. Information was not given so easly so I don't blame the USA people for using their own.
    But today, with the acess to information that we have, and having the whole world using an universal way to call things, why can't the US have a change?! Gonna turn stuff easier and
    less complicated ;)
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Im not negating your point at all, BUT, the Metric System has been taught probably since it became wide spread in Europe in the USAs public schools. It is learned, but it is not really practiced unless you become more engineer or scientific oriented in your real life.

It has been several decades now, and much like many measurements still available in Brittish culture, i.e. pound, stone, etc., it just hasnt been taken to by the masses.

There is no reason to change one's culture just to be able to buy a nice pair of shoes online, lol. There is plenty of varity available in the USA as it is.

On the other hand, comparative sizing information on a product, just like comparative language information, does allow one to expand into said huge marketplace.

*ghost winks back*
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

Therefore... DD/MM/YYYY

How about the way we spell color? Isn't it colour most everywhere else? :D

*hides*

I am used to reading and writing with the month first, then the day, and finnally the year, not Y/M/D, or even D/M/Y. I learned it as M/D/Y... it may seem weird to others, but still it is how I was taught, and that is how I read dates, it is weird seeing the Y or D come frist over the month, but most of the time it is easy to decipher, and there is no confusion.

However, the 9/12/12 is a bit confusing, as would be 3/5/11 or any other day, and month where there can be just a single digit in each of the slots. (To us nab americans it could be september 12, of 2012 for the first bit, march 5th 2011 the second day.) Yet to the rest of the world it can be read as december 12, 2012, the second date... may 3, 2011.

Though maybe that second date up there is written wrong... I don't know I am not that knowledgable when it comes to what all the different countries do differently than us funny americans. <3

USA ftw! *hides*
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    LOL

please PWI release another glitch quick! the game is so boring the forums are begininng to argue over date formats!!!b:laughb:chuckleb:laugh
  • _StrikerR - Archosaur
    _StrikerR - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Omg ppl b:laugh everyone got off topic here,the thread was about dq points lol b:chuckle

and my dq page doesnt work too i guess is because they turn of the dq system like they told us some time ago, i wanna see how will be the new system :D
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    yeah, sure. it makes all sense now. b:chuckle http://i.imgur.com/JaXd2bV.png