DQ reward system gone. 17:31 gmt +1 13/12/06

Options
2»

Comments

• UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    If you go under "My Computer" >> "System Setting" >> "Unit of Measure" and make sure the "Metric" box is checked then DQ page will work.
    b:chuckle
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Argue this one then - Julian date = JD 2456634.879514
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    yeah, sure. it makes all sense now. b:chuckle http://i.imgur.com/JaXd2bV.png

+1
    probably the most entertaining post in this thread
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options

+1

I was just thinking about posting this too xD Well done! b:victory
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i had to laugh at that one.

...i wonder if europe says eleven nine on that fateful day too.... people would wonder if its a early turkey day or something

In any case, whether you like it or not, such kilo/meter or whatever would hold stronger claim on the EU forums, not while your residing on the NA forums. (and yes is literally NA no matter how much pple want to deny the multi culture here)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MystieMoon - Dreamweaver
    MystieMoon - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Does NA = USA? b:question

Because Canada and Mexico use metric! b:chuckle
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Does NA = USA? b:question

Because Canada and Mexico use metric! b:chuckle
    regionally it does, but in general when you mention NA, its not. Just like how europe is technically eurasia in regional terms. You can argue about it endlessly but in the end, what is most accepted by the influential regions are what is used.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    i had to laugh at that one.

...i wonder if europe says eleven nine on that fateful day too.... people would wonder if its a early turkey day or something

In any case, whether you like it or not, such kilo/meter or whatever would hold stronger claim on the EU forums, not while your residing on the NA forums. (and yes is literally NA no matter how much pple want to deny the multi culture here)

They do, and they do so in their own languages as well. "Once de septiembre", "onze septembre", "onze de setembro". Day, then month.

Context means a lot, so ofc in these forums I interpret dates as MM/DD/YY. Still find it weird, though.
    regionally it does, but in general when you mention NA, its not. Just like how europe is technically eurasia in regional terms. You can argue about it endlessly but in the end, what is most accepted by the influential regions are what is used.

I live in South America, and believe me, when anyone mentions "North America" I don't think of the US, I think of the whole block of lands from Mexico and upwards to Canada.

Europe is it's own continent, unlike the US.

You can arguably say that when you mention "Australia" they might mean the whole Oceania, but I really have never seen the same apply to North America or the US in any way.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    This thread was hijacked from the first post because the OP is like 5 cents short of a nickle.... (think about that)

super secret meaning: op is an idiot, he has no sense/cents
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I live in South America, and believe me, when anyone mentions "North America" I don't think of the US, I think of the whole block of lands from Mexico and upwards to Canada.

You can arguably say that when you mention "Australia" they might mean the whole Oceania, but I really have never seen the same apply to North America or the US in any way.
    i dont think you quite understood what i was saying b:surrender i was referring to the other poster who was farting some regional logic of including all the countries in north america. My response to that was, then such logic also applies to the "continent" of Eurasia in regional terms as europe and asia are not technically known to be separated by a squiggle of land but more due to cultural grounds.
    But like all prominant countries who are in the spotlight, they tend to like individuality and are prone to ignore bulk name placed on them. The same can be applied to north america.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    They do, and they do so in their own languages as well. "Once de septiembre", "onze septembre", "onze de setembro". Day, then month.

Context means a lot, so ofc in these forums I interpret dates as MM/DD/YY. Still find it weird, though.

You make the point beautifully. Its all about your perspective, and none of them are 'wrong' looking at each from its regional origin. Europe may typically think of the USA when they look across the pond at North America.

Its not unreasonable. If you look at a map of Canada, almost all their major cities are hugging our Northern border, while our Southern border is crossed regularly by peoples from Brazil, and straight up the 'pike, lol.

I like the graph pic. It does make sense to an American. We are individuals, and our ways reflect that. We march to the beat of uncountable drums. There is a certain social conformity within its historical framework as a Brittish Colony, followed by being a fldgling liberated country. Americans are not typically conformists.

The European date does fit beautifully with the Metric System. The graph proves that as well. It is a regimented, orderly, much like I imagine most Europeans to be in their personality.

Have you noticed how America is influential Worldwide? We are trendsetters. Music. Fashion. Art. Film. Im not saying that America has any of those markets cornered - but that someone is following an American trend of some sort everywhere in the world.

Trendsetters are not regimented or orderly in a way people who are not would understand. I love the USA date graph. It shows that someone looked at a calendar page one day, and saw that what they were looking at was a month. And, each page was broken down into little boxes called days. They also noticed that there were twelve pages forming one whole year in the entire book - and said, "That makes sense. Month, day, year."

b:pleased

Well, on December 10th, I Googled the question. The best answer I found was:

"The standard and accepted answer as to why Americans write the month first is indeed because they say it first in speech. A trivial Google comes up with this very same answer repeated dozens and dozens of times."

That makes sense too. xD

AND, here's an opinion on the OPs date format:

"In the UK, for example, for "information interchange" something similar to ISO8601 is ratified as BS ISO 8601:2004, BS EN 28601 standards (which are preferred). So the format yyyy-mm-dd became pretty common on official documents, manufacturing stuff or interfaces."